Knights of the Sky (7 Viewers)

...October?... -- Al

I’m not sure we’re getting any new WWI aircraft for the KOTS line anytime soon…

But we are getting some amazing-looking Carthaginian elephants 🤣

CTPIC-M.jpg

I’m not sure we’re getting any new WWI aircraft for the KOTS line anytime soon…

But we are getting some amazing-looking Carthaginian elephants 🤣

CTPIC-M.jpg
No use for the 4-footed elephant but the Martinsyde G.100 Elephant of 1916, an RFC fighter/bomber, would be much more useful to my WW1 air corps.^&grin -- Al

I personally can only imagine how expensive the planes are to produce and the labor involved for some of them with the rigging and the paint schemes. In these days of high inflation and higher manufacturing costs I'm sure the new planes are much more expensive to produce than in the past. I hope we get more as well but not sure we will, most popular planes have been done at least once and it seems the planes were shelf warmers a bit with retailers. Some retailers still have stocks of the earlier released airplanes depending on which ones they were.

I missed the Roland during the pandemic and am kicking myself because now I can't find one anywhere in either of the two color schemes. Also looking to track down a replacement Supermarine S.6B after mine broke when it tried to fly like the real one could and met its end on the floor. I asked in the classifieds section but will also say if anyone has any leads for either plane please let me know.

Hoping we get some more planes in the future!

Corey

I personally can only imagine how expensive the planes are to produce and the labor involved for some of them with the rigging and the paint schemes. In these days of high inflation and higher manufacturing costs I'm sure the new planes are much more expensive to produce than in the past. I hope we get more as well but not sure we will, most popular planes have been done at least once and it seems the planes were shelf warmers a bit with retailers. Some retailers still have stocks of the earlier released airplanes depending on which ones they were.

I missed the Roland during the pandemic and am kicking myself because now I can't find one anywhere in either of the two color schemes. Also looking to track down a replacement Supermarine S.6B after mine broke when it tried to fly like the real one could and met its end on the floor. I asked in the classifieds section but will also say if anyone has any leads for either plane please let me know.

Hoping we get some more planes in the future!

Corey
There are more aircraft in the pipeline. I can't get specific, not at liberty to do so, but at least one of them will be a real crowd pleaser and falls in line with a theme John followed in the past. Just a matter of being patient because I'm sure John's production schedule is jammed. This is not new info and I am waiting just like everyone else. -- Al

There are more aircraft in the pipeline. I can't get specific, not at liberty to do so, but at least one of them will be a real crowd pleaser and falls in line with a theme John followed in the past. Just a matter of being patient because I'm sure John's production schedule is jammed. This is not new info and I am waiting just like everyone else. -- Al

John had told me there were more aircraft in the pipeline as well. I like WWI aircraft but was dissatisfied with what I was finding prebuilt in smaller scales in terms of build quality and detail. For the price point, John's planes can't be beat. The detail is incredible and is way way better than I could ever do building a model myself. As I said, I'd just love to find a Roland. I'm bummed I missed it and check Ebay daily for one hoping someone decides to let one go. I didn't get the Macchi seaplane just because although I know they existed and everything, I just wasn't into it. Only other planes I missed were the S.E. 5a and the DH2.

My point was I work in retail and I've seen firsthand how much our costs have gone up for products both for manufacturing and shipping, and then there's the issue with supply chain problems carrying on from the pandemic. I work in items that are much more mass-produced and cheaper, and we're still having issues getting stuff and getting our orders, factory shutdowns and lack of shipping. I'm sure these issues have affected the toy soldier manufacturers as well.

I don't do the WWII planes, I already have a bunch in other scales and just don't feel they are John's best work in aircraft, the WWI planes are the real gems!

John had told me there were more aircraft in the pipeline as well. I like WWI aircraft but was dissatisfied with what I was finding prebuilt in smaller scales in terms of build quality and detail. For the price point, John's planes can't be beat. The detail is incredible and is way way better than I could ever do building a model myself. As I said, I'd just love to find a Roland. I'm bummed I missed it and check Ebay daily for one hoping someone decides to let one go. I didn't get the Macchi seaplane just because although I know they existed and everything, I just wasn't into it. Only other planes I missed were the S.E. 5a and the DH2.

My point was I work in retail and I've seen firsthand how much our costs have gone up for products both for manufacturing and shipping, and then there's the issue with supply chain problems carrying on from the pandemic. I work in items that are much more mass-produced and cheaper, and we're still having issues getting stuff and getting our orders, factory shutdowns and lack of shipping. I'm sure these issues have affected the toy soldier manufacturers as well.

I don't do the WWII planes, I already have a bunch in other scales and just don't feel they are John's best work in aircraft, the WWI planes are the real gems!
Keep an eye out for the two you are missing, the SE-5a and DH-2. They are, IMO, John's best work. Either of the DH-2 versions are brilliant with outstanding detail. The SE-5a is also excellent and I am surprised that it has never been added to John's production line, being as how iconic it is. Both these models are tough to find. Been a long time since I've seen either for sale. Good luck with your hunt for the Roland. -- Al

Rats! No McCudden SE-5a or Lufbery Spad 7 for Christmas. Patience, patience... -- Al

Been several months since the release of any new WW1 aircraft. Believe the last were the March 2023 Morane and the April 2023 Eindecker. Both of these were repaint issues so it's been a while since any really new aircraft have come out. Via a conversation with John in the spring of 2022, I know there were new aircraft in the lineup for production, including at least 2 new aircraft and one possible revamp. All were Allied types. No idea where these all currently stand, but I know one of the new ones would be very popular and would probably sell out fast. It is a somewhat complicated plane, so maybe there have been issues. Sorry I have no new info for this series. -- Al

Been several months since the release of any new WW1 aircraft. Believe the last were the March 2023 Morane and the April 2023 Eindecker. Both of these were repaint issues so it's been a while since any really new aircraft have come out. Via a conversation with John in the spring of 2022, I know there were new aircraft in the lineup for production, including at least 2 new aircraft and one possible revamp. All were Allied types. No idea where these all currently stand, but I know one of the new ones would be very popular and would probably sell out fast. It is a somewhat complicated plane, so maybe there have been issues. Sorry I have no new info for this series. -- Al
The one-year mark since any aircraft and longer for new aircraft. Still hanging in, being patient (to a degree), but I am getting older by the minute and would love to see 56 Squadron and the Lafayette Escadrille before I completely age out of collecting. -- Al

There are quite few more planes John could make and maybe this is the year he gets back on track. His planes are so much better than his competitors I just can’t bring myself to buy any other makers. I am sure there are more of you like me out there. I hope the Jenkins team does not leave hanging to much longer.

There are quite few more planes John could make and maybe this is the year he gets back on track. His planes are so much better than his competitors I just can’t bring myself to buy any other makers. I am sure there are more of you like me out there. I hope the Jenkins team does not leave hanging to much longer.
Yep. When it comes to WW1 aircraft, John is in a class by himself. TGM makes a fine product but pricepoint is way beyond my reach. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back