Knights of the Sky (4 Viewers)

I didn't even notice the difference in weight to be honest, I was so excited to have the figures in hand. :redface2:

Following on Gebhard’s photos of the ACE-51PO Roland crew figures, here are a couple quick pics I took a few days ago of the ACE-50PO set of crew figures for the ACE-50 Roland C.IIa model. They look fantastic in the Roland, now displayed “in flight” in my display cabinet.

F6-F36-E21-E2-C3-4-DBE-8-AE4-FCD79-EDBABD5.jpg

FF915-E59-216-C-4-B2-D-842-F-CA362-F6-D1010.jpg

Aiken's Airplanes has 'found' several OOP JJD WW1 aircraft. These 'one of' examples include the Rickenbacker Spad, the Goering 'white' Fokker D-7, the Red Baron Tripe, and the Nungesser N-17. They are not cheap at $350, but they are there for the one with the fastest trigger finger. -- Al

Hey John, how about another of your fine Canadian aces? I'm thinking Lt.Col. Andrew McKeever would be perfect. He was the top scoring Bristol F2 two-seater fighter pilot of the war with 31 victories. The Bristol F2 a/b would be most impressive. -- Al

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Via a March telephone call from John, he is working very hard of on more aircraft for we WW1 aircraft addicts. Not at liberty to ID the aircraft, but in addition to the Maachi in the recent news update, John is working on a revamp of an earlier model, and 2 other new iconic aircraft. I was quite impressed by the choices and I'm sure they will be big hits. -- Al

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Via a March telephone call from John, he is working very hard of on more aircraft for we WW1 aircraft addicts. Not at liberty to ID the aircraft, but in addition to the Maachi in the recent news update, John is working on a revamp of an earlier model, and 2 other new iconic aircraft. I was quite impressed by the choices and I'm sure they will be big hits. -- Al

Thanks for the update Al really appreciate it :salute:::salute:::salute::

Just as further info, all the aircraft John mentioned are Allied aircraft. No mention of German or A-H aircraft. -- Al

The Brown Camel is the revamp that was mentioned. -- Al

There was a television show on last night searching for the L'Oiseay Blanc or "The White Bird" bi-plane that went missing while attempting a transatlantic crossing from Paris to NYC just weeks before Lindbergh. A few witnesses indicated that they may have made it to Canada before disappearing. The LOB would make a nice addition to John's line of famous planes:

Has the Missing Plane L’Oiseau Blanc, the White Bird, Been Found? (bostonmagazine.com)

There was a television show on last night searching for the L'Oiseay Blanc or "The White Bird" bi-plane that went missing while attempting a transatlantic crossing from Paris to NYC just weeks before Lindbergh. A few witnesses indicated that they may have made it to Canada before disappearing. The LOB would make a nice addition to John's line of famous planes:

Has the Missing Plane L’Oiseau Blanc, the White Bird, Been Found? (bostonmagazine.com)
Very interesting. Always been fascinated by Nungesser and his exploits in WW1. His attempted crossing is all but forgotten today, so it is gratifying to see the story resurface. -- Al

The Brown Camel is the revamp that was mentioned. -- Al
Checked my notes and the Camel was not the only revamp of an earlier Allied aircraft that John mentioned, so another is planned. I believe this puts 2 new and 1 revamp of Allied aircraft in the pipeline, but that info is a few months old at this point. -- Al

Had been hoping to see one of the new production aircraft this month but I guess will just have to remain patient. It will be worth it, especially if it is the one that fits John's Canadian theme. Going into WW1 aircraft withdrawal as a recent move finds everyone of my aircraft and TS boxed up and likely to stay that way for a while. -- Al

I will be happy to see any new WWI production planes being released but unfortunately, I don't have the space or money to collect everything and have to remain focused on the Imperial German releases. I really hope to see something new sometime soon, I would hate to see this line die out.

I will be happy to see any new WWI production planes being released but unfortunately, I don't have the space or money to collect everything and have to remain focused on the Imperial German releases. I really hope to see something new sometime soon, I would hate to see this line die out.
Gebhard, as mentioned a while back, I have no news on German or A/H aircraft. John did mention certain Allied aircraft, a revamp and a new plane, but this is old news now and we are still waiting for these. John has a very crowded schedule and finding room for new stuff must be very challenging. I would love to see a Pfalz D-III or IIIa, though I doubt if Bruno Stachel would. -- Al

Gebhard, as mentioned a while back, I have no news on German or A/H aircraft. John did mention certain Allied aircraft, a revamp and a new plane, but this is old news now and we are still waiting for these. John has a very crowded schedule and finding room for new stuff must be very challenging. I would love to see a Pfalz D-III or IIIa, though I doubt if Bruno Stachel would. -- Al

LOL, Took me a minute to remember where I knew that name, yea I doubt he'd be interested :wink2:

I really do hate to think we've seen the last of these beautiful planes. Still have a lot of options, I just hope they don't reissue all the same versions, would like to see some other Pilots and their markings and paint schemes produced.

Back in April 2022, John announced he would be releasing a Macchi M.5 seaplane as part of the KOTS line. It was supposed to come sometime in the summer of 2022. I’m guessing it’s been delayed…

M5-01-M.jpg

M5-02-M.jpg

https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com/showthread.php?76837-News-Update-April-18th-2022-Knights-of-the-Skies/page2

Back in April 2022, John announced he would be releasing a Macchi M.5 seaplane as part of the KOTS line. It was supposed to come sometime in the summer of 2022. I’m guessing it’s been delayed…

M5-01-M.jpg

M5-02-M.jpg

https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com...te-April-18th-2022-Knights-of-the-Skies/page2
Had forgotten this was in the pipeline. It sure is a beauty. There is another new release in the pipeline, as well, and is also an Allied aircraft and will be well worth the wait for we WW1 aircraft enthusiasts as it is iconic, both the aircraft and pilot. -- Al

M5-01-M.jpg

M5-02-M.jpg

https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com...te-April-18th-2022-Knights-of-the-Skies/page2
Was absolutely thrilled to see this in today's releases. It is a gorgeous aircraft. Unfortunately for me, it is listed at $388, WAY out of my current budget allowances. I understand the need for price increases, what with all that has occurred over the last couple of years, so I hold only disappointment that I cannot afford this beauty. Honestly, I'm basically priced out of this hobby at this point, but I do love to look at all the beautiful stuff that John and the other makers are putting out. I can only wonder in horror what the JJD DH-2 would cost to produce, new, at today's price point. This is one fantastic looking seaplane. -- Al

Was glad to see the new Naval 10 Sopwith from JJD. It's been a long wait for this particular Camel in this brilliant color scheme. After acquiring one of two existing prototypes of this Camel back in 2015, I asked John about the history behind it. He told me he had two made with a different material lower wing that turned out thicker than he wanted, so production didn't proceed at that time. He also said it would be a while before he could fit a revamped version into the schedule but here it is, almost 8 years later and it has turned out beautifully. I still have the prototype in these colors and it looks to be identical, though I know the wings and smaller details have been redone in the intervening years. The new model will be superior to my prototype in many respects but I will be holding onto my version. There are still more surprises to come but that overloaded production schedule makes a timeline difficult to predict. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back