Knights of the Sky (5 Viewers)

Anyone get the Macchi seaplane yet and opinions of it? It sure looks good. -- Al

Anyone get the Macchi seaplane yet and opinions of it? It sure looks good. -- Al

Tristan Shamp (tmanthegreat) has posted some beautiful photos of his new Macchi on the JJD Collectors FB group. Truly an exquisite looking model, especially as displayed by Tristan. He also posted the same photos on this forum - https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com/showthread.php?78116-A-beautiful-amp-unique-aircraft-model-the-Macchi-M-5&p=950918#post950918

Mike

Tristan Shamp (tmanthegreat) has posted some beautiful photos of his new Macchi on the JJD Collectors FB group. Truly an exquisite looking model, especially as displayed by Tristan. He also posted the same photos on this forum - https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com/showthread.php?78116-A-beautiful-amp-unique-aircraft-model-the-Macchi-M-5&p=950918#post950918

Mike

Thanks Mike 😃

Lancer, as Mike noted, I got a Macchi M.5 and it is a superb and highly detailed model with a very intricate design. The history behind the particular aircraft the model represents with its connections to the early days of US Naval aviation makes it a neat predecessor to John’s Interwar and WWII US Navy aircraft! Here’s the pics of my setup using the Thomas Gunn display mat with some of John’s WWI US pilots.

97-A871-E4-B345-4665-9-F75-70-F9-D6663-FCD.jpg

121-AA33-A-FA93-4-CF4-AB30-EC1-AADC8-DD12.jpg

0-A5-A1-E75-3-F5-E-47-F5-9357-2402-D9-A6-A71-D.jpg

5-C40-D71-F-0743-4831-8175-BF40898-CAB5-A.jpg

I also did an alternate setup with W. Britains figures, and I kind of like them better…
98351-AFB-479-A-4-D86-A2-B9-46-CBC1-DBAEBD.jpg

24558294-DACD-4-F60-8918-5-FC768-CAEF3-E.jpg

Thanks Mike 😃

Lancer, as Mike noted, I got a Macchi M.5 and it is a superb and highly detailed model with a very intricate design. The history behind the particular aircraft the model represents with its connections to the early days of US Naval aviation makes it a neat predecessor to John’s Interwar and WWII US Navy aircraft! Here’s the pics of my setup using the Thomas Gunn display mat with some of John’s WWI US pilots.

97-A871-E4-B345-4665-9-F75-70-F9-D6663-FCD.jpg

121-AA33-A-FA93-4-CF4-AB30-EC1-AADC8-DD12.jpg

0-A5-A1-E75-3-F5-E-47-F5-9357-2402-D9-A6-A71-D.jpg

5-C40-D71-F-0743-4831-8175-BF40898-CAB5-A.jpg

I also did an alternate setup with W. Britains figures, and I kind of like them better…
98351-AFB-479-A-4-D86-A2-B9-46-CBC1-DBAEBD.jpg

24558294-DACD-4-F60-8918-5-FC768-CAEF3-E.jpg
Many thanks for posting the excellent pictures, Tristan. It really is a beautiful model with loads of detail visible. You also display it so well. Very impressive. -- Al

Nice images! Can never get enough pilots too! Which is the non-Rickenbacker pilot on the second set up. You mentioned Britains, but I can't identify the figure TIA
E

Many thanks for posting the excellent pictures, Tristan. It really is a beautiful model with loads of detail visible. You also display it so well. Very impressive. -- Al

Thanks for the kind compliments, Lancer 😃

Nice images! Can never get enough pilots too! Which is the non-Rickenbacker pilot on the second set up. You mentioned Britains, but I can't identify the figure TIA
E
egonzinc, in my display with the JJD figures, the specific sets are:
ACE-16(p) Eddie Rickenbacker
LTS-2017 American Pilot
GWUS-02 Two Engineers

In my display with the Britains figures, the sets are:
10089 Eddie Rickenbacker
10090 Charles Lindbergh.
See here: https://www.treefrogtreasures.com/p-35247-charles-lindbergh-american-aviator.aspx

After I decided to stick with the Britains figures in this setup, I then added the 10045 Col. Douglass MacArthur figure to that display as well. It fits right in as another US Officer.

Ok, John. We have Tigers, Vikings, Crusaders, 1066 and all that, but where are the Lafayette Escadrille Nieuport 11's? I'm also waiting on 56 Squadron's SE-5's and the Jasta 10 Pfalz D-3a's. I'm not getting any younger here.:rolleyes2:{sm4} -- Al
Posted in May, 2021, I renew my call for these particular aircraft/units, especially the Lafayette Escadrille, either in their early camo versions of the N-11 or the later silver finish of the N-17. And, o yea, I would love to see a Lufbery Nieuport or Spad. Please. -- Al

Yes! to all of those!
But once we have another SE-5, the Nieuports, and the Pfalz, that's the bulk of the more well known WW1 fighters.
do we do bombers (Gotha, DH4 etc)? Or Bristol fighters?
the big two seaters? float planes?

And....... I would love to see: Fairey Swordfish. and Hawker Hurricane.
And of course a P-47. if we are done with WW1. And... the Hellcat could be finished?

Yes! to all of those!
But once we have another SE-5, the Nieuports, and the Pfalz, that's the bulk of the more well known WW1 fighters.
do we do bombers (Gotha, DH4 etc)? Or Bristol fighters?
the big two seaters? float planes?

And....... I would love to see: Fairey Swordfish. and Hawker Hurricane.
And of course a P-47. if we are done with WW1. And... the Hellcat could be finished?
Great choices. One of the wishes for the WW1 aircraft could be in the pipeline.:wink2: I forgot to add that I would like to see one of Alexander Kazakov's Nieuports, either the N-11 or the N-17. -- Al

Nothing new for February in the KotS series, but be patient, there are new and revamped models in the pipeline. -- Al

PSA for those who might be looking...on Ebay, a current listing for the hard to find JJD 74 Squadron SE-5a, Ace 08. Listed under John Jenkins WW1 Knights of the Sky Ace-08 S.E.5a D276 No.74 Sqn. RAF. Lister has tail number as 276 but it is actually 278, just a mistype. Current bid is $75, ending in 8 days. Not my listing, nor do I know the lister. -- Al

The new release, the British Morane 'Bullet', is a surprise. Had no idea it was in the pipeline. In service with the RFC, the Bullet was considered a 'hot' aircraft, not for inexperienced pilots because of it's high landing speed and sensitive controls that made it a 'hands on, must fly at all times', type of plane. It was not popular with the pilots and was described as a very small plane, and according to Cecil Lewis, no one over the height of 5'6" could fit in the cockpit. It did have a good turn of speed for it's day, a max of 90 MPH, and the fixed forward firing gun was a distinct advantage for it's time. -- Al

The new Eindecker is a very nice, colorful addition. Only issue I have is that I already have 2 JJD Eindecker's and a TGM Eindecker, so I will not be getting the new Udet version, even though I would like to. Still on hold for the new aircraft that is in the works, but the different versions of the older models is fine to keep the interest and the line alive. -- Al

The new Eindecker is a very nice, colorful addition. Only issue I have is that I already have 2 JJD Eindecker's and a TGM Eindecker, so I will not be getting the new Udet version, even though I would like to. Still on hold for the new aircraft that is in the works, but the different versions of the older models is fine to keep the interest and the line alive. -- Al

It seems we are in the exact same boat, any hints at what new aircraft are on the works ?

Patiently awaiting new aircraft but getting older by the day here. The July 262 is nice but doesn't have any props and is missing the second wing. :rolleyes2: Oh well, maybe August? -- Al

Patiently awaiting new aircraft but getting older by the day here. The July 262 is nice but doesn't have any props and is missing the second wing. :rolleyes2: Oh well, maybe August? -- Al
Oh well, maybe September. -- Al

SE-5's of 56 Squadron, Pfalz D-3a's of Jasta 10, McKeever's Brisfit, Halberstadt CL II's, Lafayette Escadrille Nieuports, 11's or 17's, I'll take any or all. -- Al

SE-5's of 56 Squadron, Pfalz D-3a's of Jasta 10, McKeever's Brisfit, Halberstadt CL II's, Lafayette Escadrille Nieuports, 11's or 17's, I'll take any or all. -- Al

Nice list, I could make room for some of those. :wink2:

Al, My man I sure hope everyone is just to busy with family and enjoying the summer to post a like or their thoughts or are chances of seeing any new planes are not looking so hot. I still haven't given up and never will. MfG. Gebhard

Al, My man I sure hope everyone is just to busy with family and enjoying the summer to post a like or their thoughts or are chances of seeing any new planes are not looking so hot. I still haven't given up and never will. MfG. Gebhard
Yep. This subject seems to be sort of in the doldrums right now. A new aircraft would sure go some way to reviving interest. Hint...hint...John? -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back