Kronprinz (2 Viewers)

29 Let's Go

Sergeant Major
Has anyone ordered from Kronprinz before and if so how long does delivery usually take?

Thanks
Steve

It's usually taken 1-2 weeks for Emilio to paint up the figures and ship them. It usually depends on how big your order is and how many other orders he has at the time. Once shipped, it's just whatever time it takes for the items to travel from Spain and get through customs.

I've had figures in hand in as little as 10 days. Average was about 2-3 weeks for delivery. This was all pre-COVID.

Emilio is a great guy, so the best thing would be to just send him an email, tell him what figures you're interested in, and he'll give you an estimate on how long it will take. No need to rely on the forum when you can get it straight from the manufacturer.

My experience is similar to HR’s. Sometimes a little longer since I will ask for customizations.

I ordered a half-dozen figures from Kronprinz and it took two months or more to receive them. Two arrived damaged, one with just a bit of paint rubbed off the elbow, the other, a motorcyclist, with the handlebars broken off and some paint loss as well. The bases on the figures are not necessarily the same as seen on the website. The maker didn't use enough padding to keep the figures from sliding around in their boxes, which is why they were damaged.

None of this is to say that you shouldn't order from him. Order a couple hundred dollars worth, and the website gives you a discount, which can be enough to pay for the shipping from Europe to the U.S., which is a pretty good deal. The maker has offered to include replacements for the damaged figures with my next order, and promises to be more careful in the packaging. I hope he means it. I really like the figures I received, and Kronprinz has some fine poses, etc. All I ask is that he do something about the packaging, to make it more certain that the figures arrive safely!

I ordered a half-dozen figures from Kronprinz and it took two months or more to receive them. Two arrived damaged, one with just a bit of paint rubbed off the elbow, the other, a motorcyclist, with the handlebars broken off and some paint loss as well. The bases on the figures are not necessarily the same as seen on the website. The maker didn't use enough padding to keep the figures from sliding around in their boxes, which is why they were damaged.

None of this is to say that you shouldn't order from him. Order a couple hundred dollars worth, and the website gives you a discount, which can be enough to pay for the shipping from Europe to the U.S., which is a pretty good deal. The maker has offered to include replacements for the damaged figures with my next order, and promises to be more careful in the packaging. I hope he means it. I really like the figures I received, and Kronprinz has some fine poses, etc. All I ask is that he do something about the packaging, to make it more certain that the figures arrive safely!

"The maker has offered to include replacements for the damaged figures with my next order..." does that mean he's only replacing if you order?

Steve

Emilio has agreed to do a commissioned set of my 3 X Great Grandfather in the Virginia 55th Virginia in the Chancellorsville group!! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product in time!!!

A number of years ago, I became his first US sales agent, he makes a terrific product, very nice sculpts, very nice paint jobs for the price at the time.

He and his wife are wonderful people.

The biggest issue I had in dealing with him was the packaging; too many figures were arriving damaged, either from him to me, or worse yet, from me to my customers.

Any that were damaged from him to me, he replaced, no questions asked; any that were damaged from myself to my customers was on me.

It got to the point where it was just not feasible to continue the relationship, he now sells direct.

Too bad about the continued packaging issues; if he went to lazer cut foam, he and his customers would be much better served.

Again; wonderful people, wonderful product, sub standard packaging, I wish them all the best, a true cottage industry company that the hobby needs and someone you truly want to see succeed.

I've ordered Foot Guard Artillery (5 Figures + canon) of the Emperor by Emilio on 23. December 2021, wonderful figures! No damage. Needs 9 weeks to deliver, but anyway: I order next figs there, I like that Kronprinz style very very much. And prices are good. - And by the way: Hi, I'm new to this forum.

I really like the Kronprinz figures.
I had ordered a group of the "Miracle of Empel" figures and recently decided to add to the group.
I asked if they could produce some variations in colors, to add variation to the group.
The immediately accepted and beyond different colors, they changes the heads to other of the same range.
Soon I hope to take some images of the group, before I place them on a display cabinet, that will make it hard to photograph.
The Miracle of Impel is a very interesting event during the never ending Eighty Years war in 1585.
Great miniatures, great customer service and fantastic communication.

I got my second order. One item damaged, but my wife repaired it (she has a better touch than I do), so I am pleased. I think his packing and shipping problem could mostly be solved with rubber bands and/or a little tap to keep things from rattling around in his boxes. They just aren't snug enough.

A number of years ago, I became his first US sales agent, he makes a terrific product, very nice sculpts, very nice paint jobs for the price at the time.

He and his wife are wonderful people.

The biggest issue I had in dealing with him was the packaging; too many figures were arriving damaged, either from him to me, or worse yet, from me to my customers.

Any that were damaged from him to me, he replaced, no questions asked; any that were damaged from myself to my customers was on me.

It got to the point where it was just not feasible to continue the relationship, he now sells direct.

Too bad about the continued packaging issues; if he went to lazer cut foam, he and his customers would be much better served.

Again; wonderful people, wonderful product, sub standard packaging, I wish them all the best, a true cottage industry company that the hobby needs and someone you truly want to see succeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back