Latest additions (1 Viewer)

Here are the other sets which were part of my Xmas gift from Marie

Four Coldstream Guards Hand 2 Hand sets

Cheers

Martyn:)

This next set is one of two special Big Box sets that were tracked down for me by Brad (jazzeum), I held off opening the boxes until Christmas as they were a gift from me to me ^&grin.
Thanks again Brad for all your help :salute::

set# EQ58 - ROYAL ARTILLERY SCREW GUN SECTION

Cheers

Fantastic sets Martyn. I'm not sure I would have had the willpower to wait until now to open that box.

Your photography really brings out the gloss in those sets.

Brad

Great present from my Grandson Archie

I'm amazed how he managed to find it seeing as he is only 3 years old ^&grin :wink2:

Cheers

Great present from my Grandson Archie

I'm amazed how he managed to find it seeing as he is only 3 years old ^&grin :wink2:

Cheers

Apparently the "uncanny ability to locate hard to find Trophy figures" gene has been passed along to another generation. :wink2:^&grin

Well done young Trophy Master Archie! {bravo}}

B. :salute::

Another present from me to me ^&grin

BIG BOX set - THE BATTLE FOR ABU-KLEA WELLS, SUDAN: 1885

THE COLDSTREAM GUARDS IN ACTION

Cheers

UNDER TWO FLAGS Tonga Ambulance from the Boer War

This next set was a Christmas present from my great friend Sam in Texas.

The set had been on my wants list for several years and was turning into a bit of a Holy Grail quest, on a par with the "Dr. Watson at Maiwand" set.

This is what Len Taylor told us about the set back in January 2011

Info from Len Taylor – Owner of Trophy of Wales

“It was oxen drawn, the two wheeled cart had a large canvas cover which in turn was covered by a metal shield with large red cross. Two Indian stretcher bearers carried a wounded British soldier. The set was made early 70,s for Under Two Flags. I put a little extra into the wounded figure.one knee drawn up and his holding his chest, told Jock Couts it was a scots soldier with his hand on his wallet ! Must have caught him on a bad day, "I want him lying to attention with bandaged head and a worried expression".

Over the years we did several restoration jobs, mainly the canvas that had rotted around the metal supports.The hardest part of this set was making the metal shield, I couldn’t buy metal sheet thin enough, so we resorted to Heinz bean cans. A section was cut out brass rods were soldered to each corner, the panel was formed around a wood template, primed painted green with a red cross. This was prior to reference numbers, and before you ask !! I made less than thirty !.Jock set up a window display including the Tonga it was during the summer, he reported that the metal canopy flew off and wiped out some of the troops, what can you expect from a bean can.”

Here is the set

Cheers

You'll have to forgive the quality of the photos and the background but here are some Alamo figures I picked up recently.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

UNDER TWO FLAGS Tonga Ambulance from the Boer War

This next set was a Christmas present from my great friend Sam in Texas.

The set had been on my wants list for several years and was turning into a bit of a Holy Grail quest, on a par with the "Dr. Watson at Maiwand" set.

This is what Len Taylor told us about the set back in January 2011

Info from Len Taylor – Owner of Trophy of Wales

“It was oxen drawn, the two wheeled cart had a large canvas cover which in turn was covered by a metal shield with large red cross. Two Indian stretcher bearers carried a wounded British soldier. The set was made early 70,s for Under Two Flags. I put a little extra into the wounded figure.one knee drawn up and his holding his chest, told Jock Couts it was a scots soldier with his hand on his wallet ! Must have caught him on a bad day, "I want him lying to attention with bandaged head and a worried expression".

Over the years we did several restoration jobs, mainly the canvas that had rotted around the metal supports.The hardest part of this set was making the metal shield, I couldn’t buy metal sheet thin enough, so we resorted to Heinz bean cans. A section was cut out brass rods were soldered to each corner, the panel was formed around a wood template, primed painted green with a red cross. This was prior to reference numbers, and before you ask !! I made less than thirty !.Jock set up a window display including the Tonga it was during the summer, he reported that the metal canopy flew off and wiped out some of the troops, what can you expect from a bean can.”

Here is the set

Cheers

Lovely story M - sounds like Len has a good sense of humour.:D Funnily enough, I've been using soda cans of late, for making flags. It's very light in weight (aluminium), and can be cut easily to "flags in the wind" shapes, with scissors or scalpel - and can be shaped and glued (with care) to brass flagpoles.

The World goes round - and nothing much changes, except maybe, the materials get a bit lighter.:salute:: Nice piece. jb

Lovely story M - sounds like Len has a good sense of humour.:D Funnily enough, I've been using soda cans of late, for making flags. It's very light in weight (aluminium), and can be cut easily to "flags in the wind" shapes, with scissors or scalpel - and can be shaped and glued (with care) to brass flagpoles.

The World goes round - and nothing much changes, except maybe, the materials get a bit lighter.:salute:: Nice piece. jb

Many thanks jb :salute::

As the old saying goes "wait all day for a bus and two turn up" well I recently got another set^&cool

All the best

PS Regards to Giles when you see him next

THE INDIAN ARMY series

Set# - IA.8 - 44TH MERWARA INFANTRY - HAVILDAR (Sergeant) with 5 Privates

Cheers

THE INDIAN ARMY series

Set# - IA.8/V - 44TH MERWARA INFANTRY - NAIK (Corporal) with 5 Privates

Cheers

THE INDIAN ARMY series