Leave K&C Alone... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch, I only commented on grammar, although it's really more punctuation, because I find that it's hard to follow what you have to say because of the way you place or don't place commas, run on sentences and so forth.

Yes, a person's grammar or punctuation shouldn't be a deterrence to their posting but it's often hard to follow what you are saying.

Brad no offence,but i think that is quite insulting just posting that to Mitch
Scott

Just a thought.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Teddy Roosevelt's speech based on the poem THE CRITIC & THE CONTENDER

By James Rasbeary

Last edited:
Brad no offence,but i think that is quite insulting just posting that to Mitch
Scott

Scott,

No offense taken and perhaps I deserve an warning or an infraction because when I was a moderator I would probably warn somebody if they made a comment like that.

However, Mitch is a long time member here and an attorney and the hallmark of expression is expressing yourself clearly. Speaking for myself only, if I can't do that, then I haven't done a good job of getting my point across and my arguments will suffer as a result.

Brad

Chaps, chaps,chaps........

Still hoping for Fallschirmjager in September.... Fort Eben Emael, Carentan or Ardennes - don't mind which. And I can heartily recommend Harvey Black's 'Devils with Wings' war novels about these troops....

Just a thought.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Teddy Roosevelt's speech based on the poem THE CRITIC & THE CONTENDER

By James Rasbeary

Very well said that man! Hope all is good with you my friend:salute::
Rob

Scott,

No offense taken and perhaps I deserve an warning or an infraction because when I was a moderator I would probably warn somebody if they made a comment like that.

However, Mitch is a long time member here and an attorney and the hallmark of expression is expressing yourself clearly. Speaking for myself only, if I can't do that, then I haven't done a good job of getting my point across and my arguments will suffer as a result.

Brad

Brad, you did a fine job as moderator, got me out of many a pickle!^&grin:wink2:

Cheers mate

Rob

Very well said Jazzeum...

View attachment 134344

Someone already mentioned scale. I would also like to point that these are not historically accurate. Stormtroopers never had baseball bats and Pokey was part of Gumby. Also the material these are made of indicates to me that the end of polystone is inevitable.

Someone already mentioned scale. I would also like to point that these are not historically accurate. Stormtroopers never had baseball bats and Pokey was part of Gumby. Also the material these are made of indicates to me that the end of polystone is inevitable.

^&grin

They sure as hell don't look like 1918 Stormtroopers!

Rob

Last edited:

Polystone is not at an end. The Stormtroopers are busy extracting protein to make the current Soylent Red Polystone, soon to be replaced by the lighter, stronger Soylent Green Polystone.

Terry

Polystone is not at an end. The Stormtroopers are busy extracting protein to make the current Soylent Red Polystone, soon to be replaced by the lighter, stronger Soylent Green Polystone.

Terry

Do they break easier than other Stormtrooper material and do they 'rule'???

Brad

"Once something has been pointed out, how many more times must it be so done".

Until the manufacturers get it right................

Alex

Hi Gents,

Please keep to the topic and stay away from grammar lessons. None of us are perfect at spelling or proper placement of punctuation marks so leave that discuss to the grammar school teachers and get on with the discussion of Toy Soldiers.

Dave

Well I am actually not into this discussion that much I have spoken my mind on other threads in the past. I just wanted to always let it be known I am behind those who support this issue. With the current cost of products I dont know how any one can overlook this subject matter. As I mentioned previously it is starting to drive me out of the hobby, then I will not have to discuss it anymore. . Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep there sure are some nasty things sent in pm's, many of us have had those. But all part of the forum experience I guess. :smile2:

Rob

Come on guys, lets bash this on the head. The childishness on the forum of late has been quite sickening to be honest.

I would expect better from a group of mature educated adults.

Disappointed in the Great White North

Why is it childish to discuss manufacturers failure to produce proper products........ And to charge a lot of money for them no less.

Look at this for around $200 with sound no less. FANTASTIC !!!

Last edited:
Hi Firebat,

The childish discussion Scott is referring to is not about Toy Soldier issues but rather folks attacking one another over grammar and other issues. Please feel free to discuss any issues you have with a product.

Dave

Come on guys, lets bash this on the head. The childishness on the forum of late has been quite sickening to be honest.

I would expect better from a group of mature educated adults.

Disappointed in the Great White North

Well said Scott, bit of banter back and forth, but point taken.

You and me both mate. Chris.

Bet mine was bigger than yours mate!^&grin:wink2:
Why is it childish to discuss manufacturers failure to produce proper products........ And to charge a lot of money for them no less.

Its not childish at all Alex, however some may not want it repeated over and over in a thread they have started in which they are celebrating the product. I think the salient point is make the point, move on and let others enjoy their product .

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back