"Like" fails with fatal error (1 Viewer)

theBaron

Major
Since the upgrade, when we click the Like button on any post, we get a popup showing the following text:

"[] operator not supported for strings on line 182 in /var/www/vhosts/forum.treefrogtreasures.com/httpdocs/includes/functions_post_thanks.php<br />
#0 /var/www/vhosts/forum.treefrogtreasures.com/httpdocs/includes/functions_post_thanks.php(137): fetch_thanks('868566', '', false)<br />
#1 /var/www/vhosts/forum.treefrogtreasures.com/httpdocs/post_thanks.php(60): thanked_already(Array)<br />
#2 {main}<br /><br />"

Yeah, there are a couple of replies to Aron's all-clear email to report the same thing. I thought it better to make a post here in the Forum Issues forum, on general principle.

It's probably just a simple syntax error, like a missing parenthesis, comma, or a stray character, etc, in the code that defines the Like function.

Prost!
Brad

They will get it right.There are always glitches when something is updated or changed.I did hit the like button for your post Brad.^&grin
Mark

Our IT guy is aware and working on a fix for the "Like" button.

The new like button is a little different. Can’t say I’ve seen it before, not that I’m any expert.

Also, it looks like the new feature includes displaying counts of thanked/liked posts in our profile info on each post. In other forums I belong to, that have a thanks or a like feature, they also present those counts.

Prost!
Brad

Also, it looks like the new feature includes displaying counts of thanked/liked posts in our profile info on each post. In other forums I belong to, that have a thanks or a like feature, they also present those counts.

Prost!
Brad

Very likable! Thanks ^&grin

If you don't want to display those counts with the rest of your details in the upper right-hand corner of your posts, it looks like the DBTech-Thanks setting in your Settings controls it.

Prost!
Brad

If you don't want to display those counts with the rest of your details in the upper right-hand corner of your posts, it looks like the DBTech-Thanks setting in your Settings controls it.

Prost!
Brad

Thanks much cleaner.

Would it be possible to show all the Like votes instead of the "4 others" etc now showing? Chris

Would it be possible to show all the Like votes instead of the "4 others" etc now showing? Chris

The setting has an option each to disable showing the thanks counts and the likes counts, so it looks like you can hide one, the other, or both. Try it and see what you get.

I turned mine off. I agree with cdcc1, it looks cleaner.

Prost!
Brad

Looks like I may have disabled the features, though, too. Hmm...need more testing.

I've alerted him to this thread and the insights! Slowly but surely we will get everything sorted out with the new updates. Please keep letting us know.

Thank you!
Julie

Julie...

when I view my "likes"...
it shows 4-5 names...

and then it says "5 others"...

when I click on the "5 others" link...
it won't allow me to access it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back