Logging In Issues (2 Viewers)

Hi Pete

Managed to log on at last. Any idea what was preventing access and was it just the UK that suffered?

I could not access the Forum via my computer or mobile/cell for the last 12 days, I was beginning to think it was something I had said^&grin. I managed to get on TF Facebook page but could not access the TF website.

Big thank you to Brad (jazzeum) {bravo}}:salute::

Kind regards

Martyn:)

Hi Pete

Managed to log on at last. Any idea what was preventing access and was it just the UK that suffered?

I could not access the Forum via my computer or mobile/cell for the last 12 days, I was beginning to think it was something I had said^&grin. I managed to get on TF Facebook page but could not access the TF website.

Big thank you to Brad (jazzeum) {bravo}}:salute::

Kind regards

Here is by guess as to what may have happened.

It's not unusual for someone to 'spoof' e-mail addresses and use them to spam people. I think this may have happened here. This doesn't mean that the spamming e-mails came from our servers...someone just used 'treefrogtreasures.com' as the 'from' portion of their e-mail (even though it wasn't). If a huge number of these hit the BT Internet servers at once, it's possible they temporarily blocked everything related to the 'treefrogtreasures.com' domain.

Then, even after BT Internet opened the domain back up for use, some people's computers 'remembered' the blocking and held onto it longer. It was confusing because some BT Internet folks could get on and others couldn't. If the scenario above was the culprit, I guess it makes sense.

Just a guess...

It's not unusual for someone to 'spoof' e-mail addresses and use them to spam people. I think this may have happened here. This doesn't mean that the spamming e-mails came from our servers...someone just used 'treefrogtreasures.com' as the 'from' portion of their e-mail (even though it wasn't). If a huge number of these hit the BT Internet servers at once, it's possible they temporarily blocked everything related to the 'treefrogtreasures.com' domain.

Then, even after BT Internet opened the domain back up for use, some people's computers 'remembered' the blocking and held onto it longer. It was confusing because some BT Internet folks could get on and others couldn't. If the scenario above was the culprit, I guess it makes sense.

Just a guess...

Thanks Pete, really glad that everything appears to be back to normal :salute::

Cheers

How many forum members are using BT Internet and are able to access the forum just fine?

I never had a problem from the UK at all over the same period - but using different server. I too noticed some regulars "missing in action" - and was mystified too.

However - in the past - similar things have happened to me - when I couldn't access Treefrog site for days on end - with similar error messages popping up.

So.............looks like your hypothesis might hold some truth.

Idle hands make mischief - perhaps???? Strange folk seem to get everywhere these days. jb

Just a guess...

Interesting stuff and glad it fixed

Not sure just BT as I had same problem using different service providers and mobile.

Interestingly, also had same problem with Trip Advisor for a few days ... maybe it is the T's !!!

Gazza

Since users of BT and Virgin Media had the issue, it's less likely that it was a network issue than something else. Fortunately, the problem -- whatever the reason -- has been resolved.

Since users of BT and Virgin Media had the issue, it's less likely that it was a network issue .......

Not all using BT and Virgin Media had the problem, so perhaps their Network was set up differently.

Glad everyone is back on board.

At this point it seems to be a UK issue...do we know of anyone elsewhere in the world who can't get on?

Hello.....I am resident in the Netherlands and i am experiencing the same problems.....seems like some sort of advertising spam!!.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back