London show 7 december 2019 (1 Viewer)

hoogri

Command Sergeant Major
5 more weeks to go and then he is again the December show.
Who is it This year your treefroggers and wine come with 5 people
Greetings and see you on Saturday, December 7
Richard :salute::

Richard,

Am I correct that you are bringing wine? I am just taking my camera! ^&grin

Looking forward to catching up with you.

All the best. :salute::

Jeff

Man oh man I wish I could be there it’s such a great time!

Have fun guys

Dave

Hope to be there with some highly collectible Trophy sets at competitive prices :wink2::rolleyes2:

Cheers

Martyn:)

Hope to be there with some highly collectible Trophy sets at competitive prices :wink2::rolleyes2:

Cheers

Martyn, which hall are you in? I missed you last year - but I think you was in the pub! ^&grin

Jeff

Martyn, which hall are you in? I missed you last year - but I think you was in the pub! ^&grin

Jeff

Not sure yet Jeff, I spoke to Richard this week and he is waiting on the booking details. Probably missed you last year because customers were 5 deep around the table........I wish^&grin

All the best

I will be there and look forward to seeing the new releases and future release from companies like T Gunn and J Jenkins.

Will attend the show and have some flats, some team miniatures and some more on my table.
I wish all a great show and a lot of fun.

Next will be 28 Mar 2020

London 28 Mar 2020 27 Jun 2020.jpg
Already some rendez vous for 2020 and 2021 see first page of my webb

I will be there in December with the usual stand and hopefully some Dorset Model Soldiers stuff as well depending how much I get sorted between next Friday and the show.

Please come and say hello

Mike

Hi All,
unable to get to the show today and having been out this pm surprised to see that no photos have as yet been uploaded to this thread. Sure that someone must have taken some photos and look forward to them being uploaded in due course.
all best wishes to all treefroggers for Christmas and the new year.
Kind regards
acw cavalry

I had intended making this my first show to attend, but my plans had to be cancelled, so perhaps next year.
Like you, surprised that there's no photos up as yet and hopefully there will be later on or tomorrow.

Steve

Hey .... it's Sunday morning 'down under...

so where are the pictures from yesterday's show ??????

Come on ..make my day :) :)

John

Starting to think there are not any photos , no regulars this time to supply them. Hopefully YouTube may have them eventually, otherwise the only way to see the show might have been to attend. Yikes:rolleyes:{eek3} Robin.

Starting to think there are not any photos , no regulars this time to supply them. Hopefully YouTube may have them eventually, otherwise the only way to see the show might have been to attend. Yikes:rolleyes:{eek3} Robin.

We are doing some preliminary planning for a trip 'back to Blighty' in 2020 ...... hopefully I can catch the Show so need to be there either late March of late June ???? Too cold to go in December .... why would you when I can be in Sunny Western Australia on a day like today ????

John

Right; looks like the best way to see the show would be to actually attend.

Imagine that.

It’s a real shame that there are no pictures this year.

I have attended many London shows, from the days at the National hotel and the superb events put on by K&C UK and the Islington design centre.

Ive also attended that last 2 December events at the school.

However, the current venue leaves a lot to be desired. A school hall with all the atmosphere of a fifth rate jumble sale. Not worth travelling to, and admission price is a rip off.

After attending last year’s event, I decided that unless some massive changes are made, I would not return.

Perhaps others have had similar thoughts.

The organisers have been far too complacent, and unless they put on an event that is worth the admission in a “go to” venue, then I’m afraid the show will become extinct.

Here are my 2 cents…and it's worth just about that too!

I’ve been going to shows for well over 10 years and truly enjoy chronicling the events. I’ve received many thanks from you guys for doing it. So, thank you and it continues to be my pleasure.

It takes a lot of effort from taking the pictures, edits, resizing & uploading them and posting them…All of this takes time, a lot of time. I'm not complaining but that's the reality.

Therefore, others should take and post pictures in case the “usual suspects” (Me, Jeff, Richard, Dave and a few others) aren’t able to make the show, or get delayed (life events, e.g. family, other commitments, work obligations, etc.) in posting.

Complacency, IS NOT OUR FRIEND, It’s a team effort isn’t it.

Okay, enough with my pontification.

I’ll be attending the revamped/ new Westcoaster Show (March 2020) and will be taking many photos of the room trading and show. There is an even chance I'll be going to the Chicago Show next year.

Carlos

Last edited:
I had very good intentions to be at the show yesterday, but very sorry to say that I was unable to attend, not because the venue leaves a lot to be desired or due to spending a few hours resizing and uploading photos, but because I became the current owner of a stinking cold that's been going round the family.
Bitterly disappointed as the December show is always the best for numbers of trade stands and collectors.
Unfortunately my absence has coincided with other Treefrog members not being there as well.:( This must be the first time this has happened and hopefully not for the next show in March.

Jeff

It’s a real shame that there are no pictures this year.

I have attended many London shows, from the days at the National hotel and the superb events put on by K&C UK and the Islington design centre.

Ive also attended that last 2 December events at the school.

However, the current venue leaves a lot to be desired. A school hall with all the atmosphere of a fifth rate jumble sale. Not worth travelling to, and admission price is a rip off.

After attending last year’s event, I decided that unless some massive changes are made, I would not return.

Perhaps others have had similar thoughts.

The organisers have been far too complacent, and unless they put on an event that is worth the admission in a “go to” venue, then I’m afraid the show will become extinct.

The job of the show promoter is to attract quality vendors who are selling attractive items, to promote the event via advertising and fliers in order to attract qualified buyers and host it at a venue that is easy to get to, has easy access for the dealers, offers substantial parking, has decent food choices on site and is a pleasant facility to travel to.

I have attended shows in this country where the promoter spent change for a quarter on promoting held in nickel and dime venues that offered next to nothing in the way of atmosphere, parking or decent on site food choices, were a nightmare to gain entry to from a dealer standpoint and were loaded with hobos peddling mountains of junk with full time, higher end dealers sprinkled in here and there.

So I understand your frustration; if you go to a show and have a negative experience, the likelihood of you attending again is slim to none, promoters need to get the idea out of their head that attendees will line up like maroons and come despite all the road blocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back