London Show December 2016 - Pictures (3 Viewers)

Am I missing something, or was Ready4Action not featured in any of these pictures at all?

I am pretty sure I was there on Saturday!

If I am being dim, please point me in the direction of a picture of our stand.

kind regards

Bruce

www.r4a.info

Bruce,

With all due respect I don't think your being dim, but it's more of a case of not being able to cover the whole show in the few hours that I (we) was there. I would still be there now if I took photos of every item that was on display - sorry you (and a lot more besides) were missed. I will try harder next time. ^&grin

Jeff

Hi Rob,

You were missed on Saturday I'm sure of that! ^&confuse^&grin^&grin There's always next year - I will be going in June (the last show at the BDC) so hope to see you then.

All the best :salute::

Jeff

^&grin Hi Jeff, hope you're well mate. Right I will defo be there in June then. Any idea where show is going?

Best:salute::
Rob

^&grin Hi Jeff, hope you're well mate. Right I will defo be there in June then. Any idea where show is going?

Best:salute::
Rob

Rob de show is going to the haverstock school camden lock tube station chalk farm on the noordenline to edgware
richard

Hi,
As i understand it, The 'London Show' will be at the Business Design Centre until December 2017, when it will move to the Haverstock School.

Pete

Quote from an American site "StadsStuff"
Attendance is down at many of the shows. This is due to the aging of the population that attends them. Sadly we are getting little or no new blood. Add to that we have lost people to death and other reasons it is not a good sign

I think this is correct

Quote from an American site "StadsStuff"
Attendance is down at many of the shows. This is due to the aging of the population that attends them. Sadly we are getting little or no new blood. Add to that we have lost people to death and other reasons it is not a good sign

I think this is correct

That's why we need to get our kids into the hobby. My son has been raised with my collection since he was 10 months old, and has a real interest in the hobby. If we all raise our own kids to respect history and have an interest, the hobby will survive.

That's why we need to get our kids into the hobby. My son has been raised with my collection since he was 10 months old, and has a real interest in the hobby. If we all raise our own kids to respect history and have an interest, the hobby will survive.

I agree but many people also return to the hobby later on in life. (I know I did) model railways are experiencing a similar fate, coupled with the rising cost of production it unfortunately isn't an easy hobby for kids to be active in. I remember as a kid going down to the local toy shop and getting a figure or two with my allowance. Hard to do that these days.

I agree but many people also return to the hobby later on in life. (I know I did) model railways are experiencing a similar fate, coupled with the rising cost of production it unfortunately isn't an easy hobby for kids to be active in. I remember as a kid going down to the local toy shop and getting a figure or two with my allowance. Hard to do that these days.

I bought my son Alec a bunch of the Elastolin 40mm plastic Norman's and Vikings. You can get them for about $5-10 per foot figure and $15-20 per mounted figure. They are well painted, look great and can be played with by kids, especially if you can find one of the catapults or trebuchets, which shoot little plastic rocks that can knock the figures down. I also build models with my son, another affordable way to get kids interested in history and collecting military miniatures. The biggest problem is the lack of brick and mortar shops. I couldn't afford metal toy soldiers as a kid, but coveted them because I saw them in a local shop, Devlin's Hobbies. If a kid doesn't have a dad who is into the hobby, he may not know metal toy soldiers exist. It's hard to want to collect something you've never seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back