London Show December 2016 - Pictures (2 Viewers)

I find it fascinating also that new glossy items (especially civilians) at US shows are almost nonexistent. I am so jealous of you guys!

Couldn't agree more; what amazes me about the London show time after time is a large amount of glossies available that you just don't see on this side of the pond.

It's really too bad a good chunk of these are not available to collectors in the US via our show circuit or through distributors.

As we just saw with the demise of Empire, running a toy soldier business in the Uk at the moment is tough sledding for sure; when you start talking about distributors, you have to factor in the shipping, which is and continues to a killer, plus the exchange rate which at the moment is bad for the Uk.

One of the other things about the photos that always jumps out at me are the "other" pictures showing some great, great Uk plastics that again, you just don't see on this side of the pond. Plastics from Airfix, Timpo, Britains, etc, etc, that I had as a child, still have and would love to add to.

The London show looks to me to be on par with Chicago, San Antonio, Hackensack, Gettysburg and Valley Forge as far as quality and sheer volume, unlike the vast majority of other US shows that are nothing but glorified flea markets...................................

Thanks Jeff,
I was wondering where he got those scalping sets as I've never seen them before even though the front row one looks like a Jenkins set when he was with Frontline. Maybe they are one-offs.The back one looks like my Avatar but my Avatar is 28mm.
Mark

Thanks everyone for all the photos.I could spend a fortune at one of these shows. {eek3} I have a question,on post 57 there is this photo of woodland indians,there are 2 sets of scalping figures that I have never seen before by Steve Dixon of I guess Mariela Miniatures which I have never heard of before.Does he have a website or email As I would like to get in touch with him about his sets.
Mark

View attachment 203771

Hi Mark,
I've sent you a PM.

If I'm not mistaken, the scalping set at the front of the picture is RR06...From when John Jenkins did some figures for Frontline. If not it looks very similar.

Pete

Last edited:
Maybe Treefrog should contact Asset and carry their figures..... {sm4}

Hi Mark,
I've sent you a PM.

If I'm not mistaken, the scalping set at the front of the picture is RR06...From when John Jenkins did some figures for Frontline. If not it looks very similar.

Pete

I thought the same thing with the set in the front.
Mark

WOW..!!!! Wonderfull photo"s guys, possibly the best show coverage that i have seen to date. Thanks for your efforts, the only shot i missed was the row of empy beer glasses in the pub.......Hope to catch up on you treefroggers next year..!!.

Steve

Hi Zach,

The issue with Asset ( Jeff gave me the site address and I went to it...counting I could place a few orders ) is even bigger, not only the site does not carry pictures of the sets, they only take as payment cheques issued in Sterling Pounds ..... {sm2}{sm3}...Bye Bye international buyers.....that is a pitty!! Wish they could open up for Pay Pal and Credit Cards.....To draw a parallel Little Legion...has a fantastic web page/internet shop...you order and it settles the purchases via Pay Pal etc.....smoothly....{sm4}{sm4} I guess LL are just as big as Asset.......in terms of catalogue offerings and business....
So unless, we have a friend in the UK that can bridge us in the international market with the local Asset Operation we are at a loss.........{sm2}
Cheers
Luiz

Or do as Jeff suggests, pack an overnight bag plus a few empty suit cases and head to the old country for some shopping ...... Humm at this rate guess this is the only way to go...what a pitty....

Hi Zach, I did explain this to them but they apologized for the lack of info on the web. Glad to be of help, you need to come over with a couple of large empty suitcases! ^&grin

Jeff

Thanks everyone for all the photos.I could spend a fortune at one of these shows. {eek3} I have a question,on post 57 there is this photo of woodland indians,there are 2 sets of scalping figures that I have never seen before by Steve Dixon of I guess Mariela Miniatures which I have never heard of before.Does he have a website or email As I would like to get in touch with him about his sets.
Mark

View attachment 203771

Mark

Here is an old card I had for them; not sure if these are still correct.

IMG.jpg

Gazza

Jeff

Thank you very much for the Asset pictures. It really is a pity that they do not have a picture perfect web site.

I should have been at the show this year but a medical accident forced me to cancel the show and a river cruise. I will be in touch with them for castings. Any pictures of ATS tables?

Don

Posts 10 and 11 are ATS

Gazza

Couldn't agree more; what amazes me about the London show time after time is a large amount of glossies available that you just don't see on this side of the pond.

It's really too bad a good chunk of these are not available to collectors in the US via our show circuit or through distributors.

As we just saw with the demise of Empire, running a toy soldier business in the Uk at the moment is tough sledding for sure; when you start talking about distributors, you have to factor in the shipping, which is and continues to a killer, plus the exchange rate which at the moment is bad for the Uk.

One of the other things about the photos that always jumps out at me are the "other" pictures showing some great, great Uk plastics that again, you just don't see on this side of the pond. Plastics from Airfix, Timpo, Britains, etc, etc, that I had as a child, still have and would love to add to.

The London show looks to me to be on par with Chicago, San Antonio, Hackensack, Gettysburg and Valley Forge as far as quality and sheer volume, unlike the vast majority of other US shows that are nothing but glorified flea markets...................................

The problem -- although not really a problem -- is that you see the same things at the US shows. You see more diversity -- or more local producers -- in the U.K. than the US. When you think about it almost all of the great toy soldier companies (both past and present) have come from the U.K. or ex-pats.

Guys
Just back from London tonight and got to say a great show, great company and that burger & beer deal was something else. For me our social gatherings are what make the Islington shows something rather special. Really good to see our Dutch Frogger friends Harrie & Richard again as they always add that special European je ne se quois touch to our gatherings. Jeff, James, Andy, Glyn, Simon, Martyn always an absolute pleasure to be in your company.

Also a big thank you from me to Gazza who very kindly presented me with the W.Britain Exclusive show figure of First Sergeant Patrick O'Connor of the 15th Alabama Regiment. Gary you're a gentleman and a scholar many thanks for your generosity.

As I told you guys I'll be in Australia for the March show so will catch you all hopefully at the June bash where we might also have a couple of our American cousins within our company.

Bob

Many thanks to Gazza, Jeff and Martyn for their superb coverage ... as always ... of the LTSS, much appreciated. {bravo}}

B. :salute::

guys it was a Fantastic show. I also have pictures taken here, the first one

IMG_2255.JPG
👍👍

Harrie🇳🇱

Guys
Just back from London tonight and got to say a great show, great company and that burger & beer deal was something else. For me our social gatherings are what make the Islington shows something rather special. Really good to see our Dutch Frogger friends Harrie & Richard again as they always add that special European je ne se quois touch to our gatherings. Jeff, James, Andy, Glyn, Simon, Martyn always an absolute pleasure to be in your company.

Also a big thank you from me to Gazza who very kindly presented me with the W.Britain Exclusive show figure of First Sergeant Patrick O'Connor of the 15th Alabama Regiment. Gary you're a gentleman and a scholar many thanks for your generosity.

As I told you guys I'll be in Australia for the March show so will catch you all hopefully at the June bash where we might also have a couple of our American cousins within our company.

Bob
We the dutch frogger { Stef , Harrie and Richard } have a great time . thank you
Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back