London Toy Soldier Show Apr 2016 Images (2 Viewers)

I would not jump to too many conclusions.

The issue I suspect is timing, the show is normally mid March; having it later and in the middle of the Easter school holidays was not ideal, as many people would be away. Though I am sure numbers were lower the positive was that was the most amount of children I have seen at the show and that bodes well for the future.

As to some dealers being missing, apparently a couple were unwell and cancelled last minute. As another said, 'We dealers are an ageing group' !!!

Gazza

Agree fully. We arrived on Friday mid day and traffic was so light it took half the time to reach the venue from the motorway.

We went into town and Mayfair / St James / Piccadilly was very, very quiet too. Just the timing of holidays I suspect, let's hope June is better.

I arrive at ach show feeling younger and leave feeling older each time {sm4}

Thank you all for posting. This was very enjoyable and the difference to shows in the US is noticeable.

Thanks Andy and Gazza for posting these great Photos. Very much appreciated! Brad

Rob, me and Bob sitting in the pub. Not many of us this time but still worth it. See you in June Gents.

I'd also like to thank you for the wonderful photo's , some of the best yet. I made the Dec. show but the cost of rail travel for the day from Newcastle is getting a bit prohibitive. So, thanks again, it was almost like being there !!

Some wonderful photos!! Thanks guys for posting. The WB Zulu figures look interesting !!

Malcolm, will your U.S. dealers carry those Lancers or is just from you or Tommy's War?

Thank you all Tommy's for posting. This was very enjoyable and the difference to shows in the US is noticeable. The London show is N ° 1 👍👍👍👍

Harry 🦁

Rob, me and Bob sitting in the pub. Not many of us this time but still worth it. See you in June Gents.

My highlights -

The Heritage Afghans and the Sudan Flag bearer - didn't really notice them on the Heritage website but they are far, far better in the flesh.
Morgan Miniatures Normans - Nice - need to get some of these
The JJD War of the Roses cavalry - outstanding model

I don't know if there is going to be anymore photos but from me that is it. I'll post more from the June show.

Andy

Hey Andy, was great to catch up with you and Bob and the lovely Trudi as always mate. Sorry I couldn't stay longer but definitely will in June.

Can i ask you a couple of questions regarding your excellent pics?? The Britain's Tommy and German hand to hand set and also wounded Rebs, are they forthcoming sets do you know?? Also, who makes the War of The Roses sets ??

Superb pics as always Andy, see you in 8 weeks mate!
Best
Rob

Rob,

Reference the Britains, yep they are all forthcoming. The War of the Roses is from John Jenkins Designs (on the Grey Goose table).

See you soon.

Andy

Thanks for the photos guys!
I hope to be there at the December show.
richard{sm4}

Lots of fun photos! Thanks for posting Andy & Gazza so we could all see some of the offerings.

Julie

More to follow.

Hi UK BOD,
First and foremost, thank you again for having posted the pictures of April´s Show.
Due to being far apart from the main event these pictures are eye opening to what is there and what is yet to come ....
Having said that, would you by any chance have the details/contact to the owner of the assortment of items laid out on your posting #4?I am a great enthusiast of the Sudan/British army and on the bottom left of one of the pictures I caught the glimpse of a Sudan/Northwestern Frontier Signalling detachment that would look a great pick?
Cheers
A_C

The imagery in post 4 come from Fusilier and Tommy Atkins in the main. I'm sorry but I have no contact details for them.

I can certainly ask them for an email address at the June Show.

Regards

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back