London Toy Soldier Show December 2017 Pictures (1 Viewer)

step0001.jpgstep0002.jpgstep0003.jpgstep0004.jpg
Arrived home again and after enjoying a nice fair in london.
found it a good location and fun again to meet fellow collectors again.
see you next year !
Richard

To be fair, that was not Guidelines fault as there were supposed to be 4 halls booked and the school dropped the booking to 3 halls with almost no notice, which meant that guideline had to fit people into a far smaller space at very short notice. I have heard that they have been guaranteed by the school that they have the 4th hall for next December - the 3 halls will be fine for the March and Jun e shows.

Great pictures as always. There were a lot of French traders there this year - including a lady from a french shop selling beautiful semi-flats which I was very tempted by, but at £250 for a cavalry piece it was a little out of my leage...

Mike

To be fair, this is for Guidelines to own and sort out. Given the noise about yet another move, it was for them to ensure things went smoothly. I understand there were access issues, no tables set up etc on the Friday for dealers.

The lack of space for dealers and customers was poor.

Hardly a great start to a new venue.

I actually think, the new venue is yet another step back.

Gazza

A little correction if you don't mind. Not ECW, a bit later, 1680s/90s. Williamite Wars e.g Battle of the Boyne. Thanks for the great photos.

Martin

Happy to be corrected Martin, thought they looked like Royalists.

The Revielle figures were good, not that easy to photograph on the shelf - you should advertise them more

Gazza

Thanks Gazza for taking the time to take and post these pictures. It is greatly appreciated.

Brad

It looks fantastic. Is it supposed to be barbarians?

Brad, perhaps it's a removable banner and it was just positioned the wrong way.

Thank you for all the great photos Gazza.

Brad

Hello Everyone
Thank you for all of you visited our stand yesterday and thanks for so many positive comments at the quality of work on show. Ref the Barbarian chariot we are hoping to have it available in January or the first batch of them at least and the Carnx is removable in case anybody was wondering. This was a prototype on display at the show and we have made various improvements, one of them being the widening of the rod on the Carnyx so it no longer swivels in the hand of the figure.
Best wishes The Gunn Team

Thanks Gaza for a cart-load of nice pictures. 2018 promises to become a very interesting year . !!
guy:smile2:

I too would just like to add my thanks to Gazza, as someone who was unable to attend the show, for the great photos of what traders had for sale. However, it hasn't gone unnoticed that there hasn't been the usual coverage of photos from fellow treefroggers this time and while GICOP posted in the little legion section of the forum of their tables I wondered if you happened to notice any other collectors taking photos on the day.
Thanks again
Regards
Martin (aka acw cavalry)

Hi Guys,
Does anyone know when will TG release the large Austrian Howitzer in the back of the picture showing the Kubelwagen prototype?
That would be a fantastic new addition....to a collection..
Cheers
Luiz

Love the Kubelwagen!!! Is it going to be winter or summer?

Carlos

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
Does anyone know when will TG release the large Austrian Howitzer in the back of the picture showing the Kubelwagen prototype?
That would be a fantastic new addition....to a collection..
Cheers
Luiz

Hi
I do not know that but the Howitzer comes in two versions. WWI and WWII

Harrie

Hi Gazza,
First of all thanks for sharing so many pictures, it is an eye-opener for us from far as to what is currently available and the new items to come....
By any chance to you have more pictures of the Asset stand? I am interested in the soldiers on display on the top shelf of the stall, and from the pics you have shared only the legs are caught on the camera....
Anyone else has any other pics from Asset? They have some great sets,but with a huge handicap that their site carries very few pictures of their wide range of offerings, so whenever pictures come up in the fairs I get pretty interested so as to see what they really look like assembled and painted....
Cheers
Luiz

Love the Kubelwagen!!! Is it going to be winter or summer?

Carlos

Hi Gazza,
First of all thanks for sharing so many pictures, it is an eye-opener for us from far as to what is currently available and the new items to come....
By any chance to you have more pictures of the Asset stand? I am interested in the soldiers on display on the top shelf of the stall, and from the pics you have shared only the legs are caught on the camera....
Anyone else has any other pics from Asset? They have some great sets,but with a huge handicap that their site carries very few pictures of their wide range of offerings, so whenever pictures come up in the fairs I get pretty interested so as to see what they really look like assembled and painted....
Cheers
Luiz

Sorry Luiz I posted all the pics I had

I too would just like to add my thanks to Gazza, as someone who was unable to attend the show, for the great photos of what traders had for sale. However, it hasn't gone unnoticed that there hasn't been the usual coverage of photos from fellow treefroggers this time and while GICOP posted in the little legion section of the forum of their tables I wondered if you happened to notice any other collectors taking photos on the day.
Thanks again
Regards
Martin (aka acw cavalry)

There were a number of guys there taking pictures, some of them have posted them on here.

But within 30 minutes the show was packed because of the lack of space. It made it difficult to take pictures.

Less people appeared to be taking pictures than normal. I took far less and left early.

Here is what I picked up at the show.

Couple of WB Glossy's to add to the ranks, 2 of the JJD Gauls (which are great and go very well with FL as you can see in the picture) and a number of painted figures from Dave at TM Terrain.

Dave painted 3 Chronos figures to go with my FL Russian Tauride Grenadiers and a box of XForce platic Zulus to add to them to my WB Zulu figures so I get that mass effect of the Zulus

DSC_0511 (800x600).jpg

DSC_0512 (800x600).jpg

DSC_0514 (800x600).jpg

DSC_0526 (600x800).jpg

DSC_0529 (800x600).jpg

Thanks again
Regards
Martin (aka acw cavalry)

I was looking forward to going and taking the usual amount of photos but unfortunately I was unable to go due to another unexpected family bereavement.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back