London Toy Soldier Show December 2018 (4 Viewers)

Hi Joe,
My congrats also go to Gazza for his excellent pictorial coverage of the December Show!

From an 'Exhibitor's Point of View' it was one of the best in several years PLUS the best-attended that I've taken part in of the last few Decembers.

In some folks eyes it may not be the ideal venue BUT if they knew how hard it is to find that kind of space...at that time of year in London ...and at a reasonable price to both Organizer and Exhibitor...Then it's nothing short of a miracle!

Having been closely involved in both running Toy Soldier shows and organising collector events all around the globe for many years I can readily say that the people at Guideline Publications produced a GREAT SHOW and I'm already looking forward to next year's December Show.

Best wishes and happy collecting!
Andy and the K&C Team.

Hi Andy,
It sounds like you had a great time! Thank you for the info and your thoughts about the show. There are a lot of feelings of positivity coming from this show, more than I've sensed in a long time, and I find it reassuring. What really jumps out at me in addition to the wonderful photos from Gazza and Jeff, is how attendance was up for this show. Whenever I hear something like I feel hopeful. I'll take every success story I can get. I'm glad space was found to hold the show even if perhaps it was not an ideal spot by some accounts, but the fact that a show was held and enjoyed by many is what matters most. The things that go on behind the scenes to set up and run the shows sometimes go unnoticed (not by you), so I'm glad you mentioned that. I appreciate all the efforts by all the folks in the industry who put in much time and effort to coordinate such exhibits. Thanks to all who shared their show experience in images and words. It surely was a fantastic event.
Joe

Thank you Jeff for photos. I did not have opportunity to see Show. It is pity that you did not say your name. I would love to chat with you

IMG_20181130_190529.jpgIMG_20181130_190554.jpgIMG_20181130_190723.jpg

Unfortunately -as last December show - I could not find any pictures made by Jeff regarding my own table :(.
Some visitors mentioned my new figures made by TEAM MINIATURES, so I thought to show at least my 3 (poor) pictures of the new Team miniatures.
This new company offers new Indians, French old guard, some mounted Mogols and Romans. For European collectors I am a dealer for these fine figures.

View attachment 240750View attachment 240751View attachment 240752

Unfortunately -as last December show - I could not find any pictures made by Jeff regarding my own table :(.
Some visitors mentioned my new figures made by TEAM MINIATURES, so I thought to show at least my 3 (poor) pictures of the new Team miniatures.
This new company offers new Indians, French old guard, some mounted Mogols and Romans. For European collectors I am a dealer for these fine figures.

I'm sorry to have missed your table (and a lot more besides) - I'm only there for a certain number of hours and I can't photograph everything on display, but I was not the only one taking photos on the day - Gary has taken at least six photos of the figures on your table - if you go to the first post on this thread and click on the link and scroll down you will find them!
As regarding last years December show - you are quite right I didn't take any of your table then either - but that was because I didn't go.

Catch up with you next year! :wink2:

Jeff

Many thanks for the extensive coverage of the show Gazza. I don't suppose you have a contact or name for the exhibitor selling the Wild West inspired buildings and horse drawn vehicles by any chance. A collective friend who attended mentioned that this vendor had some steers that might be suitable for a diorama idea I am planning.
Many thanks in advance.
Martin
Acw cavalry

As someone posted it was Gerard Models - sorry I appear to have misplaced his card.

I think he was a new seller at the show

You are not the first manufacturer to moan about whether we take pictures of their products and post them.

Perhaps you need to think that we are just simple collectors who snap pictures as we go round the show ourselves, as a favour to fellow collectors. We are not your or the shows’ marketing department.

Jeff is also right that there are multiple pictures of your products on this thread – follow the flickr link as over 1000 already have.

Also whilst Jeff did not post pictures last December because he was not there, I did. They are in the show report and I was complimentary about them.

. The question is: do we want a show? if yes, then we must stop criticizing Guideline for the venue.

This implies it is either or.

I would like a better venue and a show.

What concerns me having attended the WB Collectors Club Event and LTSS is it is quite apparent that the venue is not popular.

You can call it criticism or feedback; personally as someone who has run their own business for 10+ years I like to know what my customers think.

It was great to see December busy but I wonder whether the venue will have a negative impact over time to the March / June shows. I for one attend less shows now.

Gazza

Dear Jeff and dear Gazza,

many thanks, I did not want to criticize you at all !!!:smile2:
I am very happy that you both take so much time for making and showing so many pictures - I can only attend the December show and on every other show I am happy to "be there virtually via your great picture shows" on this treefrog forum. Discovering some pictures here from my own table for me is a big reward for towing my 23kg bag from Heathrow to Camden...:salute:::smile2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back