London Toy Soldier Show March 2019 Pictures (1 Viewer)

Gazza

Staff Sergeant
London Show today; always good to catch up with people and talk soldiers.

Seemed v quiet, one less hall and so less dealers. Far less pictures.

JJD – had a new Azetec Temple and new Walls and T Gunn plus some new offerings. They seem to make the effort.

No one showcasing FL

W Britain’s had all the stuff I have seen now for months / years and they have not delivered on.

Dave at TM Terrain has some amazing stuff, as always

Iwan’s Peninsula Soldiers – premium figures – are amazing for detail and painting

Lots of glossy’s – Replica Soldiers had a good display

Follow link to Flickr, or Gazza-ID on Flickr (don’t need to join to look at albumns) and feel free to repost

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150401093@N08/albums/72157704332231042

Cheers

Gazza

Hi Gazza,
Great pics...really gives us that could not attend the event an opportunity to see what was on display...
Few great news....the GM Ammo carrier that will sure come out soon, the different airplanes on display..the Heinkel bomber is just great and many other sets...TM Terrain had great ideas.....Need to know how to get on to his lisitng for future reference on dioramas....
Thanks,
A_C

London Show today; always good to catch up with people and talk soldiers.

Seemed v quiet, one less hall and so less dealers. Far less pictures.

JJD – had a new Azetec Temple and new Walls and T Gunn plus some new offerings. They seem to make the effort.

No one showcasing FL

W Britain’s had all the stuff I have seen now for months / years and they have not delivered on.

Dave at TM Terrain has some amazing stuff, as always

Iwan’s Peninsula Soldiers – premium figures – are amazing for detail and painting

Lots of glossy’s – Replica Soldiers had a good display

Follow link to Flickr, or Gazza-ID on Flickr (don’t need to join to look at albumns) and feel free to repost

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150401093@N08/albums/72157704332231042

Cheers

Gazza

Last edited:
Thanks for all the fantastic photos, Gazza!:salute:: I only wish I could have been there!{sm4}

Thanks Gaz for the pictures.

I agree on your comments, no Maison Millitaire at the show, plus a few others missing from exhibiting. Thanks for the pics, T Gunn stand was the best there, they do always make an effort and bring along a wide range of new sets and planes. The new 24th for the Zulu era were very good and sold out at the show very quickly, I went to the stand early and saw them, the new Dodge truck looks excellent, the new pilot in the deck chair was worth buying and the planes make me consider how much I can get for a kidney................. Does anyone recognise the H111 and which theatre it saw action on?

Centurion had some good 95th Napoleonic figures, nothing to report on K & C, there was a 88mm from Britains, none for sale so I can report they have made at least one, said June release [but not year].

Special mention for David from TM Terrain, seeing the various diorama sets he has made for people over the last few years, I think he is too good to be called a model maker, he is an artist. Truly exceptional every time.

I picked up 4 new J Jenkins Aztecs, they are one of my favourite newish ranges, a non TS collector saw my JJ Aztec range and said "It is like they are going to war in their pyjamas. Excellent sets,

a2.JPG

See below for my new TG Romans - 9th Legion, left is ROM114C and on the right ROM115.

a.JPG

Had to put in below, bought the shop, the TG figure is excellent, one of the best, in my opinion, civilian figures on sale.

a1.JPG

Do you know if ROM114C will be offered w/o a beard?

Do you know if ROM114C will be offered w/o a beard?

These were examples and there has been none yet mass produced, email T Gunn and they will let you know, they are great at replying to emails.

Many thanks for all your pictures,
as a dealer I can say, the show was quiet good.

Thanks Gazza for the pics the next few months look interesting from TGM point of view.

Who made this mate?

It was on T Gunn table.....

I think Stefan said it is a repaint of a collectors showcase piece, not made by T Gunn. He had just bought it and was showing it to me and other people, he also got a very nice figarti Firefly at the show as well.

Gazza,

thanks SO much for you photo report from the Show yesterday, it's made my Sunday :)

John

That Marder is a New Model Army piece. Got David Marshall to repaint it and it came up pretty good...

one off. Now in TGM's private collection.

Cheers,

Stefan

It was a good show from my point of view - March is always a quiet show but I chatted to a lot of people, gave away more price lists than usual and took some money.. I am moving up to 18 feet for the next show as I can't show everything I want to at the moment and am also launching a buildings range soon so will need the extra space!

Thank you for the report. Sounds a little as if shows are rightsizing.

Thank you Gazza for taking the time and effort to share with us . . . .
:smile2: Mike

The Heinkel He 111 definitely looks like it belongs in the East/Russian Front. The Warbird show prices make me wish I was there. The Owl & Moskito look superbe.

Horrido,
Marc

Thanks Gaz for the pictures.

I agree on your comments, no Maison Millitaire at the show, plus a few others missing from exhibiting. Thanks for the pics, T Gunn stand was the best there, they do always make an effort and bring along a wide range of new sets and planes. The new 24th for the Zulu era were very good and sold out at the show very quickly, I went to the stand early and saw them, the new Dodge truck looks excellent, the new pilot in the deck chair was worth buying and the planes make me consider how much I can get for a kidney................. Does anyone recognise the H111 and which theatre it saw action on?

Centurion had some good 95th Napoleonic figures, nothing to report on K & C, there was a 88mm from Britains, none for sale so I can report they have made at least one, said June release [but not year].

Special mention for David from TM Terrain, seeing the various diorama sets he has made for people over the last few years, I think he is too good to be called a model maker, he is an artist. Truly exceptional every time.

I picked up 4 new J Jenkins Aztecs, they are one of my favourite newish ranges, a non TS collector saw my JJ Aztec range and said "It is like they are going to war in their pyjamas. Excellent sets,

View attachment 245291

See below for my new TG Romans - 9th Legion, left is ROM114C and on the right ROM115.

View attachment 245292

Had to put in below, bought the shop, the TG figure is excellent, one of the best, in my opinion, civilian figures on sale.

View attachment 245294

Thanks for sharing the photos with us. Looks like it was a decent show.

Brendan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back