London Toy Soldier Show March 2019 Pictures (1 Viewer)

That Marder is a New Model Army piece. Got David Marshall to repaint it and it came up pretty good...

one off. Now in TGM's private collection.

Cheers,

Stefan

I got the plot right, but not all the characters, thought it was collectors showcase, it was a great looking piece, as was the Firefly.

London Show today; always good to catch up with people and talk soldiers.

Seemed v quiet, one less hall and so less dealers. Far less pictures.

JJD – had a new Azetec Temple and new Walls and T Gunn plus some new offerings. They seem to make the effort.

No one showcasing FL

W Britain’s had all the stuff I have seen now for months / years and they have not delivered on.

Dave at TM Terrain has some amazing stuff, as always

Iwan’s Peninsula Soldiers – premium figures – are amazing for detail and painting

Lots of glossy’s – Replica Soldiers had a good display

Follow link to Flickr, or Gazza-ID on Flickr (don’t need to join to look at albumns) and feel free to repost

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150401093@N08/albums/72157704332231042

Cheers

Gazza

Gazza,
Hi.
Do you happen to know who made the two rows of hoplites? They are on photo 846,
Thanks,
MikeNick

There is a 3 part (28min each) video coverage of this show on YouTube. Done very professionally and smooth slow scanning. Excellent. Robin.

There is a 3 part (28min each) video coverage of this show on YouTube. Done very professionally and smooth slow scanning. Excellent. Robin.

Robin, can you please post the URL for the video?

John

Gazza - you do a great job with the photos so dont worry about any id mistakes!

As for the show it was one less hall but on the TGM stand all day it was very busy - so for us it was a good show. We had plenty of customers so even though the March show is supposed to be the quiet one of the year it ended up being very good - despite some sellers staying away.

The lovely sunny weather outside probably had a bit to do with it.

Cheers,

Stefan

Not that clever John. Just type in London toy show 2019, really excellent. Robin.

Robin,

very clever … so I followed your instruction and found not one, but 3 x 30 min videos of the Show.

It was just like walking round the tables and looking at all the items on show, but not being rummage through the interesting boxes :)

I decided to view it on the BIG Smart TV instead of the computer and WOW, it was great resolution and just like being there.

I would have liked some more general shots because I could only recognise a few of the stall holders, but that's a small price to pay.

Next time I'm in UK, I will be attending, like I have done on all my trips 'back to Blighty' in the past 20 years :)

John

Great photo roundup as usual Gazza - well done :salute:: Nice talking to you again at the show :)

The Confederate Loco was my favourite piece from the show :wink2:

Attachments

• IMG_2731.jpg
    IMG_2731.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 330
I actually commissioned the confederate loco, Steve took it to the show to show it in case anyone else wanted one!!!! He did a wonderful job on the Andrea kit I hope to have it in hand in the next month. I will have to post more photos he sent it is awesome!
Tom

I actually commissioned the confederate loco, Steve took it to the show to show it in case anyone else wanted one!!!! He did a wonderful job on the Andrea kit I hope to have it in hand in the next month. I will have to post more photos he sent it is awesome!
Tom

Here are some more photos!
IMG_0837 (1).JPGIMG_0836.JPGIMG_0835.JPG

Watched the 3 parts of video it was awesome and saw some old Figarti stuff of interest.

London Show today; always good to catch up with people and talk soldiers...Follow link to Flickr, or Gazza-ID on Flickr (don’t need to join to look at albumns) and feel free to repost

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150401093@N08/albums/72157704332231042

Thanks for sharing your photos, Gazza!

This band and the others behind it caught my eye. The sculpts look really detailed, and the painting builds upon that detail. Do you know who made this?

DSC_0820 (800x600) by Gazza ID

Prost!
Brad

Thanks for sharing your photos, Gazza!

This band and the others behind it caught my eye. The sculpts look really detailed, and the painting builds upon that detail. Do you know who made this?

DSC_0820 (800x600) by Gazza ID

Prost!
Brad

They appear to be on the Turner Family tables - makers of Tommy Atkins , Fusilier Miniatures and Hussar Miniatures. A lot of times, they also have odds/ends from collections, so you may want to contact Paul Turner to verify if they are made by them or they were resell items.

Tom

They appear to be on the Turner Family tables - makers of Tommy Atkins , Fusilier Miniatures and Hussar Miniatures. A lot of times, they also have odds/ends from collections, so you may want to contact Paul Turner to verify if they are made by them or they were resell items.

Tom

Thanks, Tom. Now that you mention the Turners, I wonder if they produced the castings. I have their sites bookmarked, for their 18th century kit figures. I'll have to have a look and see if they're there.

Prost!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back