Long Tom Paint Flaking (1 Viewer)

SPICK0001

Private 1st Class
My Figarti Long Tom is flaking. Does anyone know if Figarti will repair this type of problem? Honestly, this is why I don't buy Figarti items that often. I hear a lot of stories about their items flaking paint. I don't have this problem with any other manufaturer.
tom.jpg

You should contact Peter Wang at sales@figarti.com.

There were many Long Toms that had this problem and they rectified the problem, at their cost.

Thanks Jazzeum. I will drop him a line.

Hi, I had this problem about two years ago. Contacted Peter and he sent me a replacement. The replacement arrived schattered and then he sent me another one. That one arrived with just a couple little pieces broken off that I was able to glue on. The paint is now completely off the first one, however, the replacement is fine. I have to give Peter credit for backing up his products. Highest Regards, Larry.

Got the same problem with mine and did not find the after carry service very helpful but what new:rolleyes2:

Neil,

Can you pm the details so I can discuss this with Figarti.

Brad

Brad...

I would ask that and, I have sent this via PM and e-mail that they address their paint until then this will keep happening
Mitch

I stripped mine and sprayed it with Testors Olive Drab, dry brushed it, and it looks great, that was a year ago. Alex

Yep, Rick. wil always back up his products. He is without any doubt the best at making everything right. if something is wrong with any of their products.

Sorry, but I haven't been in touch with them. I will follow up after the new year.

I know Brad that you are friendly with Rick et al but, why do Figarti not sort the problem, use the forum to rectify this growing and longstanding problem and, sort it out permanantly?? I cannot see, whilst helpful and good intentioned, what you as an intermediary can do to solve an at source problem.

Its really, an issue only Figarti management can solve. they really need to grab the bull by the horns and sort out the paint. Otherwise this will only continue and, I know people who have stopped buying Figarti AFV's for this fear of poor paintwork flaking from box or, years later.

All this back and forth in e-mails is prolonging the issue that should never have risen in the first place and, once highlighted rectified the same day not, taken many years and many or, one main excuse.
Mitch

I will contact Peter today.....I just spoke to him a day or two ago. I wish I had seen this was not resolved or I would have mentioned it to him.

As far as paint flaking I have 80% of the products produced by Figarti and I only had flaking problems with two items. I dont see a cronic problem. There is no excuse for a flaking problem and I will speak to Peter strongly about it, if it still exists. Their AFV are among the best so hang in there men.

While I am at it dees anyone have the add on crew they want to sell. Alex

I know Brad that you are friendly with Rick et al but, why do Figarti not sort the problem, use the forum to rectify this growing and longstanding problem and, sort it out permanantly?? I cannot see, whilst helpful and good intentioned, what you as an intermediary can do to solve an at source problem.

Its really, an issue only Figarti management can solve. they really need to grab the bull by the horns and sort out the paint. Otherwise this will only continue and, I know people who have stopped buying Figarti AFV's for this fear of poor paintwork flaking from box or, years later.

All this back and forth in e-mails is prolonging the issue that should never have risen in the first place and, once highlighted rectified the same day not, taken many years and many or, one main excuse.
Mitch

Mitch,

Peter Wang, who is now running Figarti, reads the Forum and is aware of this. I will send him an email although I don't expect a response until after the New Year.

Brad

I bought a winter panzer IV a couple of years ago. Right after I got it the paint started flaking off of the side skirt armor. Then the little loops that are supposed to attach the side skirts to the tank weren't lined up correctly so I tried to carefully bend the side skirt slightly to make it work and the side skirt broke in half. I was a little upset to say the least after paying almost $300.00, but I still have the tank and it is one of my favorite pieces. However it was the last figarti item that I bought. However with the new pacific items they have come out with I am going to give figarti another try. I hope they have made some improvements.

However with the new pacific items they have come out with I am going to give figarti another try.

I think you made a good call. I haven't bought anything since JSU-152 other than Wake Island sets, which are fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back