Long Tom (1 Viewer)

Nasir:
Did you try to return it to HB for a replacement? Do you have a picture of your damaged HB Tiger? Will you consider selling it?
N-P

I am contemplating selling it off to be honest. i had emailed you the pics.

Nasirkasmani:

Did you ever check out the Patriot version of the winter Nebelwefer? It really is a well done and quality set!

Happy Hunting,
Beaufighter

Nasirkasmani:

Did you ever check out the Patriot version of the winter Nebelwefer? It really is a well done and quality set!

Happy Hunting,
Beaufighter

Hi Beaufighter,

i saw it some time ago, and was initially smitten by its beauty.

but once i linger a bit longer, i realized the nebelwefer is too small.

so thats that.

anyway i trust Figarti will really step up the podium this year.;)

Attachments

• PMW2set6.jpg
    PMW2set6.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 140
  • russian-army-repels-hitlers-forces-23.jpg
    russian-army-repels-hitlers-forces-23.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 143
Although I do like this set a lot-I do agree with you in regards to the dimensions. I know & trust Figarti will "step-up" as history has shown us!

All The Best,
Beaufighter

Hi Beaufighter,

i saw it some time ago, and was initially smitten by its beauty.

but once i linger a bit longer, i realized the nebelwefer is too small.

so thats that.

anyway i trust Figarti will really step up the podium this year.;)

Nasir, thanks for the info on the nebelwerfer as I nearly bought this model. It certainly does look small compared to the Patriot figures but I have heard that they are larger than 1:30 scale. Maybe some one could post a pic of it with K & C figures.

Hi Matt,

i was thinking the same thing, but then realized the dimensions.

I think Patriot should join the rest of the gang and do proper 1/30 models.

Look at Figarti, how its products got more attention and sales since it joins the 1/30 scale.

I do wonder what if Figarti had produced 1/30 from the very beginning.

As a 1/30 scale collector, if all Figarti's products were 1/30, i would have bought the marvelous winter Tiger, Jap sets (especially the Banzai) and, chances are (for christmas) the Pegasus bridge.

But kudos to Rick, although well in 1/30 scale now, Figarti still continues the 1/32 production, so as not to leave the collectors who have bought Figarti's 1/32 products stranded.

With the rapid development and growth of Figarti, i now regards Figarti as the closest competitor to King & Country.

If the V1/V2 series and Panzer IV releases are any indication, i expect it to be a very interesting year indeed.:)

sincerely,

nasir kasmani.

Hi Matt,

i was thinking the same thing, but then realized the dimensions.

I think Patriot should join the rest of the gang and do proper 1/30 models.

Look at Figarti, how its products got more attention and sales since it joins the 1/30 scale.

I do wonder what if Figarti had produced 1/30 from the very beginning.

As a 1/30 scale collector, if all Figarti's products were 1/30, i would have bought the marvelous winter Tiger, Jap sets (especially the Banzai) and, chances are (for christmas) the Pegasus bridge.

But kudos to Rick, although well in 1/30 scale now, Figarti still continues the 1/32 production, so as not to leave the collectors who have bought Figarti's 1/32 products stranded.

With the rapid development and growth of Figarti, i now regards Figarti as the closest competitor to King & Country.

If the V1/V2 series and Panzer IV releases are any indication, i expect it to be a very interesting year indeed.:)

sincerely,

nasir kasmani.

HI Nasir, I agree. Figarti are certainly up there with K & C despite a relatively short time in hobby manufacturing. Another huge plus for Rick and Figarti is the fact that they don't get all defensive when people make critical comments about their products.

I wish there was a Figarti dealer downunder but in any case I intend to get the Winter Mark IV, VI and V2. I like the Pegasus Bridge and their huge E-Boat and I would be happy to pay over the cost for these, but the freight costs would be a problem for me as that's money I could put towards more models.

Matt,

i'm from Singapore, so i do understand.

Sometimes i feel like i'm the only local 1/30 collector in Singapore.(we have a population of 3.75 million). Most here collect 1/6 figures (i collect these too), followed by normal action figures (Spawn, Star Wars), Japanese manga & gashapon.

The 1/35 scale community though small is solid and dedicated. (We have a repeated world champion and many A class modelers here)

There is a shop selling K&C items here, but the customers are tourists from Down Under, and Europe. I'm about the only local patron.

I find it rather funny, to be honest, that i have to wait for the slowboat from China to arrive in the States, and have the items shipped to Singapore. (Asia - America - Asia route).

But thank goodness Treefrog offers free shipping nowadays (not sure if this applies about the Pegasus/E boat though), and the rivet rewards is another gem.

So small rant aside, i'll be sweeping the V1/V2 series, in fact, i'll postpone my K&C dispatches this round. Hopefully the winter series will grow too.:)

sincerely,

nasir kasmani.

Nasir, thanks for the info on the nebelwerfer as I nearly bought this model. It certainly does look small compared to the Patriot figures but I have heard that they are larger than 1:30 scale. Maybe some one could post a pic of it with K & C figures.

Maybe Beaufighter could help with the photos, i feel he has one.

Hopefully he doesn't have my "photographic skills" or we'll never see the pics.:)

...I wish there was a Figarti dealer downunder but in any case I intend to get the Winter Mark IV, VI and V2. I like the Pegasus Bridge and their huge E-Boat and I would be happy to pay over the cost for these, but the freight costs would be a problem for me as that's money I could put towards more models.
I understand that Peter Nathan Toy Soldiers in Sydney now carries Figarti.:)

Here are some shots of the Patriot figures beside K&C figures.

I purchased my Patriot figures shortly after I got into the hobby. The proportions look a bit weird to me (heads too small, legs too long and the like).

Nasir, I have to agree with you on size of the nebelwerfer

Attachments

• DSC_0011_small.jpg
    DSC_0011_small.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC_0012_small.jpg
    DSC_0012_small.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC_0013_small.jpg
    DSC_0013_small.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC_0014_small.jpg
    DSC_0014_small.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 209
Thanks Frank, the Patriots guys actually look a bit smaller than K & C and I agree with your head proportion comments. I guess when someone said the Napoleonic Patriots were larger than K & C I assumed it was an across the range difference.

That said I do like the Patriot poses and I most likely will get the three Heer troops and even the Nebelwerfer set as looking at your pics I reckon they would fit in ok with my Honour Bound guys, some of which also have head issues :)

Maybe we are just to used to the well fed K & C troops ;)

Thanks Frank, the Patriots guys actually look a bit smaller than K & C and I agree with your head proportion comments. I guess when someone said the Napoleonic Patriots were larger than K & C I assumed it was an across the range difference.

That said I do like the Patriot poses and I most likely will get the three Heer troops and even the Nebelwerfer set as looking at your pics I reckon they would fit in ok with my Honour Bound guys, some of which also have head issues :)

Maybe we are just to used to the well fed K & C troops ;)

Hi Matt,

why don't you hold from buying the nebelwefer for a time?

I'm certain that the chances of it being produced by another manufacturer is very high.

My guess is that the likelihood is that someone (in descending order) will produce it - Figarti, King & Country, Collectors' Showcase, Honour Bound.

Anyway, i can't see the patriot nebelwefer (winter or otherwise) being sold out soon (due to its proportion and scale issues)

The nebelwefer, just like the Henshel King Tiger, is a much demanded item.
And whoever among the manufacturers who produces them first, will have 2 sales winner indeed.:)

my 2 cents.

sincerely,

nasir kasmani.

the grey nebelwefer looks great in your photo's and the figures look very compatible with K&C, great pics of it, back on my list:)

I love the 3 figure set standing next to the K&C Waffen set. Are they Patriot figures or Figarti?

I received my 2 Long Toms today. What a beauty! Very detailed and worth the price. The gun swivels and elevates and it holds in place at any angle...BUT it cannot be towed because it did'nt come with a towing kit (another pair of tires) and A frame to hold the gun barrel when in recoiled position. Also, the recoil support platform is fixed in place. This model has to be displayed in a firing position. Because of that, I give it a grade of 90%.

I got my 2 LRDG CWT30 Trucks in the same shipment. Much better than KC (bigger compared to KC's) but the figures are not as good as KC's. For that I give this model a 95%

N-P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back