Long Tom (1 Viewer)

damian

1st Lieutenant
Is the Long Tom out yet. It is not listed on .
Regards
Damian

Cheers Damian:

If I remember correctly, Treefrog sold out of their pre-order allotment (mentioned in another post) thereby removing the Figarti Long Tom from their website. I believe you will have to search other dealers for this set as I expect it will be sold out "Blitzkrieg" fast.

Happy Hunting,
Beaufighter

The Long Tom hasn't been released yet but it should arrive quite soon. And yes, we removed it from the Treefrog listings as we have sold out our allotment. If we are able to get more it will reappear on our site.
Regards,

Still patiently waiting for mine to land and or dock in the USA. They were for sale at the West Coaster but I have not seen them since! Perhaps, a Customs delay. In the end-WELL WORTH the wait!

Happy Hunting,
Beaufighter

Yeah, talk about your "slow boat to China", this one is the "slow boat to USA.":rolleyes::(

George at Minute Man has been promising me the new Mark IV and the Long Tom for months now. :mad: He keeps using the same old excuse, "it's on the boat." ;):)

They must be shipping because I received a UPS shipping notice, and it will here on Thursday. OH BOY, IS THIS GREAT !

I heard - from a very reliable source - the Mk IV is leaving Shanghai this week on the slow boat from China so it is still several weeks away from being delivered to the collector. I don't know how I can stand it since it is my first Figarti and will prove to be the bellwether to my future Figarti purchases. :D

I have my Long Tom in hand :eek:

It comes in the same size box as the V-2.

The tires are resin and do not roll, and the suspension is fixed. The barrel elevates and revolves, the breach opens and closes. The stablizers move in and out with a little up a down room if you want to place it on uneven ground. And it comes with a ammo pack of 8 shells. The weathering is subdued, and very effective.

The 4 figures are the show case of this set and the best from Figarti yet. The guy with the radio was a thin wire for the antena on his walkie talkie, perfect.

If your going for Long Tom , the add on set is a must.

Another outstanding release by Figarti, I will be buying all their 1:30 line.

Thank You, to all the Figarti Crew.

I have my Long Tom in hand :eek:

It comes in the same size box as the V-2.

The tires are resin and do not roll, and the suspension is fixed. The barrel elevates and revolves, the breach opens and closes. The stablizers move in and out with a little up a down room if you want to place it on uneven ground. And it comes with a ammo pack of 8 shells. The weathering is subdued, and very effective.

The 4 figures are the show case of this set and the best from Figarti yet. The guy with the radio was a thin wire for the antena on his walkie talkie, perfect.

If your going for Long Tom , the add on set is a must.

Another outstanding release by Figarti, I will be buying all their 1:30 line.

Thank You, to all the Figarti Crew.

Great to hear that IXEC.

Pictures!! We need pictures!!:D

Sorry Nasirkasmani,

I'm not good at that, at all. :eek: Someone else will I hope.

And my camera wouldn't do this set Justice. ;)

Thats alright.

im not much good either..

i do hope there will be a german artillery set too, esp, the nebelwefer.:)

Attachments

• russian-army-repels-hitlers-forces-23.jpg
    russian-army-repels-hitlers-forces-23.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 189
My Long Tom arrived today. The figures are excellent great paint and sculpting. I also bought the add on set. The gun however makes me think that some items are just better made in plastic. I realize that it's a display piece, but mine is in bad shape. I found a piece in the packaging and after about 20 minutes of trying to figure out where it belonged I found it. The handle on the gun breech :( I can fix this with some glue, but it gets better. The pin with the gear that elevates the gun - loose laying in the bottom of gun. After two hours of trying to put it back in I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible. So now the gun will not stay elevated. I have also noticed that the when looking straight at the barrel it looks like it's twisted to one side. Were the real guns designed like this ? I was so impressed with the V1 and V2 sets. This is major disappointment.

My Long Tom arrived today. The figures are excellent great paint and sculpting. I also bought the add on set. The gun however makes me think that some items are just better made in plastic. I realize that it's a display piece, but mine is in bad shape. I found a piece in the packaging and after about 20 minutes of trying to figure out where it belonged I found it. The handle on the gun breech :( I can fix this with some glue, but it gets better. The pin with the gear that elevates the gun - loose laying in the bottom of gun. After two hours of trying to put it back in I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible. So now the gun will not stay elevated. I have also noticed that the when looking straight at the barrel it looks like it's twisted to one side. Were the real guns designed like this ? I was so impressed with the V1 and V2 sets. This is major disappointment.

My sympathy with you mate. It sure is a *****. I totally understand how you felt. I had breakages in my Honour Bound Custom Tiger. Twice. :mad:

Maybe you could contact your distributer or follow my lead, i wont sign any delivery package forms until i've checked the whole contents of my shipment. Obviously the Fedex guys are not amused, but i have no other viable choice.

I heard - from a very reliable source - the Mk IV is leaving Shanghai this week on the slow boat from China so it is still several weeks away from being delivered to the collector. I don't know how I can stand it since it is my first Figarti and will prove to be the bellwether to my future Figarti purchases. :D

This just in...A small advance order of Mark IV's has arrived in the US with the second batch coming from China as mentioned above. Treefrog will be filling their orders in the order they were received so most will be filled from the second larger batch.

Regards,

Twice? That's terrible. Did you get it back it yet?

they're lying inside my storage. i haven't properly recovered from the disappointments to attempt another fix. Having another diversion, like Figarti's v1/v2 series helps though.

they're lying inside my storage. i haven't properly recovered from the disappointments to attempt another fix. Having another diversion, like Figarti's v1/v2 series helps though.

Nasir:
Did you try to return it to HB for a replacement? Do you have a picture of your damaged HB Tiger? Will you consider selling it?
N-P

Will you consider selling your damaged Long Tom? Send me some pictures.

Thanks
N-P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back