Ludwig's Winter Diorama......... (1 Viewer)

Bayern

Staff Sergeant
Well, It is mostly finished and what a job it was....

I hope you like it

Ludwig

29JUN12 011.JPG

29JUN12 012.JPG

29JUN12 013.JPG

29JUN12 014.JPG

29JUN12 015.JPG

well, it is mostly finished and what a job it was....

I hope you like it

ludwig

View attachment 99001

View attachment 99002

View attachment 99003

View attachment 99004

View attachment 99005

29JUN12 050.JPG

attach=config]99017[/attach]

29JUN12 055.JPG

29JUN12 056.JPG

Thank you to all of your dioramas over the years that have motivated me to do something like this. Especially Rob, PA, Guy, Waynepoo and so may others. This is also a tribute to Gordon Neilson at KC whom pictures of his work over the years were the basis for my work......and Blake at Thomas Gunn whom was also a great help. I think this display really shows how well KC and TG figures and armor work together in a display.

What a bunch of work...and money! You will never have the respect for these artists on this forum until you undertake a full blown diorama yourself.

If you look closely you may see some snow falling...my grand kids throwing artificial snow standing on chairs:) Kind of hard to see and I am terrible with photos.

Hopefully after a trying day this may rekindle some of the real reason we are all on the forum.

God bless,

Ludwig

P.S. The opposition....appearing soon....well sometime....I am tired..!!

Attachments

• 29JUN12 051.JPG
    29JUN12 051.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 238
Looks great Ludwig, Lots of action and plenty of snow. I see that your 88mm now raises up too !

Cool diorama! Definitely a lot of things going on! Thanks for posting!
-Sandor

Nice mixture of K & C and TGM figures, they go well together for sure...............did you winterize the K & C 88 yourself?

Nice mixture of K & C and TGM figures, they go well together for sure...............did you winterize the K & C 88 yourself?

George, Great to hear from you!

Yes I did winterize the 88 myself and let me tell you I found the secret weapon item for your snow dio arsenal. Here it is...

002.JPG

It is called Santa....Sno Blower by Chase products Co. The best part is that it is a non-solvent base product. It contains no CFC's...heck it's green man!!
It cleans up with water....and has..no smell.....I repeat no SMELL!! Let me tell you I have hypo-allergenic family members and they were ready to send me out the door but I did it all at the dining room table.

So I took my 88 that I had reassembled through much ado and expensive adhesives. As the piece was literally a loss anyway from being repaired it was my Guinean pig...how you say? I lightly sprayed it over a large piece of cardboard. The results were amazing. However, you have to be careful handling it because it takes forever to dry and does not really harden very much...which is what I wanted. I want to be able to take it off...I do not want it to ruin the paint..it does not.!! How lucky could a novice like me get? I then took a model painting brush and just dusted off the parts I wanted to have exposed. Wunderbar!!..Awesome...no masking...and it can always be removed easily with no paint damage. Remember this stuff is seasonal. I know funny I got it in June. Here in America some stores already have Christmas stuff out. They have everything in America..Anyway I re-flocked the front and used the brush to expose the detail opaque beneath and sort of make spider web freeze marks. Next I sprayed a quantity of it a few mills tick on the card board and winterized my trees and shrubs...by dabbing them in it until the desired result is obtained..it is the best thing since..the best thing since Mama's Potato Cakes!!..

I Highly recommend this product,

Ludwig

This product...as my grand children say.........ROCK'S.{sm4}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Hey Ludwig, Sounds like you had some fun making your winter diorama. I like the fact that taking a paint brush you can alter the look of the spray snow on items.
That last post from the other day, we can put that one.......Behind us !!!!

Hey Ludwig, Sounds like you had some fun making your winter diorama. I like the fact that taking a paint brush you can alter the look of the spray snow on items.
That last post from the other day, we can put that one.......Behind us !!!!

Thanks PA, you need to get a can of this Sno Blower at your local Hobby Lobby store. They carry it there. Experiment with it.

From the other day you betcha.....I apologize to you and anyone for any offensive feelings......Never will I let a post of any kind alter the fact that you....

Are counted as MY FRIEND WAYNE........and I hope to remain yours....we learn...we shake hands...and we move up...

Thanks for all your ideas and tips.

Ludwig

Thanks PA, you need to get a can of this Sno Blower at your local Hobby Lobby store. They carry it there. Experiment with it.

From the other day you betcha.....I apologize to you and anyone for any offensive feelings......Never will I let a post of any kind alter the fact that you....

Are counted as MY FRIEND WAYNE........and I hope to remain yours....we learn...we shake hands...and we move up...

Thanks for all your ideas and tips.

Ludwig

No problem Ludwig.I was not at all angry with you. Keep having some fun with all of your collection. As I explained elsewhere, I am a huge fan Of WWII German
armaments.Back then it was a rough time for many people. Maybe that is why the war draws so much interest from so many history enthusiasts.
Cheers Ludwig !

View attachment 99016

attach=config]99017[/attach]

View attachment 99018

View attachment 99019

Thank you to all of your dioramas over the years that have motivated me to do something like this. Especially Rob, PA, Guy, Waynepoo and so may others. This is also a tribute to Gordon Neilson at KC whom pictures of his work over the years were the basis for my work......and Blake at Thomas Gunn whom was also a great help. I think this display really shows how well KC and TG figures and armor work together in a display.

What a bunch of work...and money! You will never have the respect for these artists on this forum until you undertake a full blown diorama yourself.

If you look closely you may see some snow falling...my grand kids throwing artificial snow standing on chairs:) Kind of hard to see and I am terrible with photos.

Hopefully after a trying day this may rekindle some of the real reason we are all on the forum.

God bless,

Ludwig

P.S. The opposition....appearing soon....well sometime....I am tired..!!

Wow! Awesome dio!!! Great looking display and what a lot of work! Really like the cavalry mixed in the mix!
Martin
Kings X

Move over Gordon there's a new sheriff in town ! Great work Ludwig. I feel cold just looking at this diorama. Can't wait for more. Keith

Move over Gordon there's a new sheriff in town ! Great work Ludwig. I feel cold just looking at this diorama. Can't wait for more. Keith

WOW, thanks for the great words Keith!!!!!

However, I do not hold a candle to Gordon or some of the other boys.....but thank you so much.

Your Friend!!

Ludwig

WOW, thanks for the great words Keith!!!!!

However, I do not hold a candle to Gordon or some of the other boys.....but thank you so much.

Your Friend!!

Ludwig

For Pete's sake vividgraphx, do not encourage Ludwig, he is already impossible!! ^&grin
Gerhard:)

A great looking dio all around, can't go wrong with BBG series as I think it's one of K&C best lines, congrats again Ludwig on a very nice dio...Sammy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back