March '22 Release (1 Viewer)

Crikey! I could have sworn there were some British Matildas involved somewhere! Between Andy in VIetnam and Blake in WW2 we have a figure for every man born down under in the 20th Century, whether they served or not…

Looking forward to the Aussies in the Falklands, Indochina, Korea or even better, a cobber splayed naked on a Roo skin…

Crikey! I could have sworn there were some British Matildas involved somewhere! Between Andy in VIetnam and Blake in WW2 we have a figure for every man born down under in the 20th Century, whether they served or not…

Looking forward to the Aussies in the Falklands, Indochina, Korea or even better, a cobber splayed naked on a Roo skin…

i understand there were a few Aussies, attached to UK units, on the ships deploying to Falklands but were taken off during the trip.

Heavily involved in Vietnam and Korean Wars.

Perhaps TG knows something about what sells where.

Jealous Much?

Egypt 006

A new version of Cleopatra this time in a relaxed pose as she lies on a lion skin.
Limited to 120 in number
Priced at $75.00 / £69.00

View attachment 286239

I don't have any Ancient Egypt figures, but Cleo on the Leo is very tempting. His eyes suggests she's heavier than she looks, or maybe he wants to play Peekaboo(b) {eek3}

Great looking model Blake.

ACCPAK 039 Matilda Tank

The long awaited Australian version of our Matilda. The Matilda was the only Allied tank to see service for the duration of WW2, from 1939 right through to 1945. It was designed as a heavy armour infantry support vehicle and provided much needed firepower for our boys on the ground.
This 1/30 scale model is admittedly more expensive than our previous German tanks, but it does come with 4 crew members and has another 20 additional parts compared to our Panzer 3.
All of these things add to the manufacturing cost.
As such we only have 30 of each version available at present, the B and C versions (Ace and Ale) will follow shortly. If the demand is there we will make more.
Please note that this is not a typical price for our armour going forward, its just that this particular model was complicated to assemble and has more than the regular crew members normally supplied. When one compares it to the cost of other armour available elsewhere we feel we still compare very favourably.

The 'A' Version 'Apache' includes 4 tank crew with berets and bush hats that you can alternate as you wish - priced at $310.00 / £285.00

D Version - includes 3 tank crew and decals to add as you wish. The 2 drivers wear headdress, the commander does not. You can make another version of 'Apache' with the decals supplied or source your own decals and make a version of your own choice.
The red lined fording markings have been added to all our Matilda as these were difficult to apply and were found on most Australian Matilda's, therefore we applied this end at the factory. to save any hassle your end - priced at $299.00 / £275.00

ACC PACK 039A Apache

View attachment 286221

I like the mounted Ge4man. Might be more inclined to use him as a Viking with that big hammer

.....I wouldn't stress mate, TG mentioned a while back they've got a few more versions of the 'Matilda' in the pile line for future release which I'm sure will keep you happy. {sm4}

.....I wouldn't stress mate, TG mentioned a while back they've got a few more versions of the 'Matilda' in the pile line for future release which I'm sure will keep you happy. {sm4}

It will, thanks, TG do a great job it must be said - and as Ozdigger suggests, as a Pom I am always jealous of Aussies, especially around the Cricket!

Don't forget 'Aussies behind the bar in UK' or 'Aussies at Cricket'.

I think there are more Matilda's on the way, for France 1940 and the Western Desert, but one or more of the later could be Australian.

ROM136 Thusnelda

Thusnelda was the daughter of Segestes and the wife of Arminius who had led the revolt against the Romans leading to the massacre in the Teutoburg forest.

According to local folk lore Arminius had abducted Thusnelda from her fathers camp (who he had been in a long running dispute with), forced her to become his wife and also made her pregnant at the same time. Approximately a year after this event Thusnelda had managed to return to her fathers camp. Unfortunately for her the Roman General Germanicus was at her fathers camp and when he learned of her relationship with Arminius, took her back to Rome with him in triumph. When Thusnelda's son Thumelicus came of age, he was inducted into the Roman gladiator school and was killed in combat, the Romans finally had their revenge over Arminius.

Arminius was apparently distraught at the loss of his wife and son and never remarried. He himself was assassinated a few years later by members of his own tribe who felt he was becoming too powerful.

Our depiction of Thusnelda with a Roman sentry comes in the normal 3 shield versions and depicts her just after her capture and being made to kneel before Germanicus. A command tent and accessories will follow shortly to further enhance this diorama.

Limited to 80/30/30 of each version
Priced at $110.00 / £99.00

View attachment 286233

View attachment 286232

ROM136B Black Shield

View attachment 286231

ROM136C Green Shield

View attachment 286230

Thusnelda and Germanicus

View attachment 286229

Great historical recap.

Where did you find out that she wore a leather g-string while being forced to go top-less in front of some Roman degenerate who was sitting in a lawn chair from Wal-Mart?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back