March dispatches (4 Viewers)

Ron,
Just my opinion but Battle of Britain might be a bit too narrow as Brad has suggested. Would be nice if it were to be a sort of sideline to the FoB range and include the French and Italian airforces.
Again, its just my personal preference - but I'm much more interested in the 1939 through to around mid-1943 war years, when the free nations of the world were really "up against it". I'm not saying 1944-45 was a forgone conclusion, anything but that. But up until then, the Axis forces did kind of have it all their own way to a large extent, which makes the courage and sacrifice made by the western allies with our (let's be honest) mostly inferior weapons and tactics all the more humbling.

Just a few thoughts.
So let's hope Andy - or any other manufacturer who can deliver the goods - is listening.

Cheers
H

H

Well - I disagree.

King and Country has a history of making smaller ranges - ie: Rough Riders, Civil War (1st ed) and The West to name a few.

Not everything needs a shelf life of many years or 100 releases - smaller ranges are not only interesting - but, would be more profitable for K&C. Like John Jenkins has done with the limited snowshoe set - it drives collectors to these smaller ranges because they feel they can get them all and have a valuable collectable - IMHO.

I guess my view is not everything has to be a big range - there can profitable smaller ranges too.

Ron

H

Well - I disagree.

King and Country has a history of making smaller ranges - ie: Rough Riders, Civil War (1st ed) and The West to name a few.

Not everything needs a shelf life of many years or 100 releases - smaller ranges are not only interesting - but, would be more profitable for K&C. Like John Jenkins has done with the limited snowshoe set - it drives collectors to these smaller ranges because they feel they can get them all and have a valuable collectable - IMHO.

I guess my view is not everything has to be a big range - there can profitable smaller ranges too.

Ron

That may well be true Ron, but I'm sure you'll agree that its a bit of a non-issue and that we agree on the basic principle.
I don't really care if we get a small, medium or large range, or if its an addition to an existing range, or whatever. All I know is that I'd love to see some early war airfield accessories, figures, and affordable aircraft.

Cheers
H

H

Agreed - More is Better ! :D

I bet an affordable WARBIRD would be very profitable too. ;)

R

Anyway we can get it -- range, large or small -- would be wonderful.

H

Agreed - More is Better ! :D

I bet an affordable WARBIRD would be very profitable too. ;)

R

Once again, AMEN BROTHER! RAF, RCAF, RAAF, RNZAF, Royal Rhodesian, Poles, USAAF, USMC, USN, Luftwaffe...any & all would be splendid. However, while you are waiting I strongly suggest that you pick up the signed Figarti P-40 that Treefrog still has available. It is a stunning A/C, historically accurate & quite a value. I own it & love it.

Happy Hunting,
Beaufighter

Once again, AMEN BROTHER! RAF, RCAF, RAAF, RNZAF, Royal Rhodesian, Poles, USAAF, USMC, USN, Luftwaffe...any & all would be splendid. However, while you are waiting I strongly suggest that you pick up the signed Figarti P-40 that Treefrog still has available. It is a stunning A/C, historically accurate & quite a value. I own it & love it.

Happy Hunting,
Beaufighter

I've got the Dick Rossi P40B Marc - and I love it.
Capitolron......here's an affordable Warbird for you.
Cheers
H

I've got the Dick Rossi P40B Marc - and I love it.
Capitolron......here's an affordable Warbird for you.
Cheers
H

Right On "H". I have both of the Figarti P-40s with the second one (Rossi) being the detailed gem!

On Target,
Beaufighter

Right On "H". I have both of the Figarti P-40s with the second one (Rossi) being the detailed gem!

On Target,
Beaufighter

Just like these? :):):cool:
FlyingTigersa006.jpg

"H":

That setup looks great. Who made the bamboo or similar lookout tower with ladder? I used the Figarti Jeep with my diorama so it is quite similar. Job well done & thanks for sharing!

Ding Hao,
Beaufighter

"H":

That setup looks great. Who made the bamboo or similar lookout tower with ladder? I used the Figarti Jeep with my diorama so it is quite similar. Job well done & thanks for sharing!

Ding Hao,
Beaufighter

Its from K&C's AE range.
Comes in really useful in all sorts of different scenes.

Waw Huang Hau
H

great set-up,track marks in the field are nicely done:cool:
I can imagine a BOB scene with the RAF personal running to the bunkers at an airfield for cover with the luftwaffe planes overhead like in your dio, wouldn't hurt to have a few pretty Waafs running for cover either:D

great set-up,track marks in the field are nicely done:cool:
I can imagine a BOB scene with the RAF personal running to the bunkers at an airfield for cover with the luftwaffe planes overhead like in your dio, wouldn't hurt to have a few pretty Waafs running for cover either:D

Thanks RD.
Yeah, I tried to make it look like some of the airstrip was almost underwater.
I honestly think Ron is onto a winner with early war airforce personell, huts, aa emplacements, etc.
Oh and pretty WAAF's of course......

Cheers
H

Thanks RD.
Yeah, I tried to make it look like some of the airstrip was almost underwater.
I honestly think Ron is onto a winner with early war airforce personell, huts, aa emplacements, etc.
Oh and pretty WAAF's of course......

Cheers
H
Where did you get the pilots on the ground?

Hmmm, trying to figure out should I get the WAAF in a matt or glossy finish:D:D

Has to be matte RH..:)
Actually, I'm not too sure if those figures are still available. The frontline stuff that I have isn't too bad....if a little small for displaying with 1/30 scale. I'm not sure if you've seen the expanded views. I've got a couple of Figarti Nationalist Chinese in there as well. The officer is a giant. Must be from North China.
Cheers
H

H

How did you do those tread marks on the ground?

Ron

Ron,
The airstrip is some railway modelling grass matting. The tread marks were obtained by flowing some watered down paint onto the matting with a Chinese caligraphy brush and then the jeeps were "driven" over the wet grass to give the impression of muddy tracks. The black-ish marks represent oily water puddles.
Like I said earlier, those Figarti P40B's are a very good cheap-ish alternative to K&C's Warbirds. They are supplied with some pretty good figures as well. The driver of one of the jeeps is the original pilot out of the Non-Dick Rossi Tomahawk.
I need to add some more foilage and rethink how I'll add some accessories to this dio. Maybe even transfer it to a wider and deeper base - if I can find one.
Oh yeah, and I'll be adding a Del Prado RAF fighter pilot to the gang. Can't have the AVG taking all the glory...:):)
Cheers
H

Users who are viewing this thread

Back