Mike Tarantino's Toy Soldier Collection (2 Viewers)

That's a great set! Would love to see a photo of them all at once to see the differences and ways each make viewed the production of this set.

Dave

That's a great set! Would love to see a photo of them all at once to see the differences and ways each make viewed the production of this set.

Dave

Thanks Dave. When I get a chance, I will photograph all three sets together for you. I don't recall any other manufacturers making Dragon Guns. I don't believe that East of India or Hocker made them for their Boxer Rebellion lines.

Mike

Actually, upon further reflection, I believe that Soldiers of the World in New Zealand has an International Gun in its Boxer Rebellion line and may also have a Dragon Gun. Also, Reeves International may have made one, too.

Hi Mike,

I know that Reeves did a group of figures for the Boxer Rebellion but don't remember a gun, still they may well have done one. As for soldiers of the world they are all over the place with sets so I have no idea. Someone like Tom Dubel or Brad aka The Baron may know. Looking forward to more photos from your amazing collection!

Dave

Hi Mike,

I know that Reeves did a group of figures for the Boxer Rebellion but don't remember a gun, still they may well have done one. As for soldiers of the world they are all over the place with sets so I have no idea. Someone like Tom Dubel or Brad aka The Baron may know. Looking forward to more photos from your amazing collection!

Dave

Hi Dave,

I agree that they would probably know. Thanks for the complement. I have a couple of sub-collections that I need to photograph so that I can post them: Quality Model Soldiers' Franco-Prussian War and Richards Soldiers' American Revolutionary War. I have about 20 and 30 sets from those manufacturers, respectively. I also have not displayed or photographed my Frontline Figures World War I collection.

Mike

Hi Mike,

You are very welcome and again thanks for sharing the photos of all these amazing sets with us. The group of figures you need to photograph sounds like a lot of work! I am very interested in Franco Prussian War sets I would love to see some more offerings from this era in todays action poses and sculpts but in a glossy paint like the current or rather recent WB offerings from the Collectors Club for the Crimean War. If only it was up to me on what to make:rolleyes2:

The WWI Sets from Front Line are in which format, glossy or matte? I have a bunch of their Glossy sets from the Crimean and Sudan War offerings from back in the early 90's. I will be glad when we stop moving every couple of years and settle down somewhere so I can get them out of their boxes and back on display.

Looking forward to seeing the next batch of Soldiers!

Dave

Hi Mike,

You are very welcome and again thanks for sharing the photos of all these amazing sets with us. The group of figures you need to photograph sounds like a lot of work! I am very interested in Franco Prussian War sets I would love to see some more offerings from this era in todays action poses and sculpts but in a glossy paint like the current or rather recent WB offerings from the Collectors Club for the Crimean War. If only it was up to me on what to make:rolleyes2:

The WWI Sets from Front Line are in which format, glossy or matte? I have a bunch of their Glossy sets from the Crimean and Sudan War offerings from back in the early 90's. I will be glad when we stop moving every couple of years and settle down somewhere so I can get them out of their boxes and back on display.

Looking forward to seeing the next batch of Soldiers!

Dave

I'll do the Franco-Prussian War sets next, Dave. My Frontline WWI sets are all matte; I also have their glossy Crimean and Sudan Wars sets.

San Francisco seller Steve Tarantino (no relation and I don't know him) recently offered 14 boxed Bastion Models Boxer Rebellion sets on eBay. Although I already had nine of these sets, I bid on all 14 of them and won six, including three sets that I didn't have. The first is Bastion Models set No. B.24 RUSSIAN INFANTRY AT THE READY which complements set B.5 where the figures are all marching.

Attachments

• B.24  Russian Infantry in Action..jpg
    B.24 Russian Infantry in Action..jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 211
  • B.24.jpg
    B.24.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 259
  • B.24 Russian Infantry in Action.jpg
    B.24 Russian Infantry in Action.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 241
The second new Boxer Rebellion eBay pickup was Bastion Models set No. B.25 JAPANESE INFANTRY IN ACTION. This complements set No. 6 which has the figures marching. Interestingly, set B.6 was one of the 14 sets offered and it sold for $227.50 which is the highest price I have every seen for a Bastion set. I am not aware of any Bastion sets that are numbered above B.25.

Attachments

• B.25 Japanese Infantry in Action..jpg
    B.25 Japanese Infantry in Action..jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 183
  • B.25 Japanese Infantry in Action.jpg
    B.25 Japanese Infantry in Action.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 182
This is my third new Boxer Rebellion eBay pickup which should be arriving today: Bastion Models set No. B.21 CHINESE BOXERS IN ACTION (BROWN). With the acquisition of this set, I now have 25 different Bastion Model Boxer Rebellion sets, including both artillery sets, in my collection. Just two more to go---B.22 and B.23.

Attachments

• B.21 Chinese Boxers in Action (brown).jpg
    B.21 Chinese Boxers in Action (brown).jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 152
  • B.21.jpg
    B.21.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 145
Very Cool to see the Boxers! I wish WB would do this conflict in the new style glossy or even Matte. Looking forward to seeing other sets. Also loved the Russians as well very neat in their white shirts and caps.

Dave

Very Cool to see the Boxers! I wish WB would do this conflict in the new style glossy or even Matte. Looking forward to seeing other sets. Also loved the Russians as well very neat in their white shirts and caps.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Here is a Boxer set that I wanted, but didn't get: Bastion Models set No. B.23 CHINESE IRREGULAR INFANTRY IN ACTION.

Attachments

• B.23 Chinese Irregular Infantry..jpg
    B.23 Chinese Irregular Infantry..jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 141
  • B.23 Chinese Irregular Infantry.jpg
    B.23 Chinese Irregular Infantry.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 149
  • B.23.jpg
    B.23.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 147
This is one of the Bastion Models Boxer Rebellion sets that arrived in the mail on Saturday: set No. B.2 GERMAN MARINES, 1900. It is the elite 3rd Seebatailion which was stationed at Tsingtao wearing their special khaki summer uniforms. Although it is difficult to see in the photos, they have a silver eagle on their helmets just above the roundel with the three German colors.

Attachments

• B.2.jpg
    B.2.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 125
  • B.2 (2).jpg
    B.2 (2).jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 128
  • B.2 (3).jpg
    B.2 (3).jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 127
Another Bastion Models Boxer Rebellion set I received on Saturday is No. B.11 1ST SIKH INFANTRY (PUNJAB FRONTIER FORCE). The senior infantry regiment of the Punjab Frontier Force, the 1st Sikhs were, along with the 7th Rajputs, the first Allied troops to enter besieged Peking.

Attachments

• B.11 1st Sikh Infantry..jpg
    B.11 1st Sikh Infantry..jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 120
  • B.11 1st Sikh Infantry.jpg
    B.11 1st Sikh Infantry.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 120
This is a close-up of the 1st Sikhs in the previous post.

Attachments

• B.11.jpg
    B.11.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 111
Another Bastion Models Boxer Rebellion set that I received on Saturday was No. B.20 ROYAL MARINE LIGHT INFANTRY BLUE TUNICS. There is another Bastion set of RMLI, number B.17, wearing all white tropical dress. I have both sets, but prefer this version wearing their blue serge undress tunics. The British Legation was defended by these Marines.

Attachments

• B.20 (2).jpg
    B.20 (2).jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 151
  • B.20 Royal Marine Light Infantry.jpg
    B.20 Royal Marine Light Infantry.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 115
  • B.20.jpg
    B.20.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 153
Bastion made some nice looking sets of figures - thanks for posting these Mike. :salute::

Jeff

Bastion made some nice looking sets of figures - thanks for posting these Mike. :salute::

Jeff

You are welcome, Jeff. For those of us who collect traditional, 54MM glossy figures, Bastion is hard to beat.

This is Bastion Models Boxer Rebellion set No. B.17 ROYAL MARINE LIGHT INFANTRY TROPICAL DRESS that I mentioned in post #756. I wish that Andrew Rose had made a set of the German East Asia Brigade or the Italian 24th Infantry Regiment instead of this set.

Attachments

• B.17 Royal Marine Light Infantry, 1900.jpg
    B.17 Royal Marine Light Infantry, 1900.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 116
  • B.17.jpg
    B.17.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 160
Continuing with my Bastion Models Boxer Rebellion sets, this is set No. B.3 FRENCH MARINES, 1900. They are wearing their short lived, unpopular denim uniform which faded rapidly. France sent three battalions of Naval Infantry from their colony in Indo-China to fight during the Boxer Rebellion.

Attachments

• B.3 French Marines, 1900..jpg
    B.3 French Marines, 1900..jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 170
  • B.3 French Marines, 1900.jpg
    B.3 French Marines, 1900.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 151
  • B.3.jpg
    B.3.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 167

Users who are viewing this thread

Back