Mlb 2024 (1 Viewer)

theBaron

Major
Hello, baseball fans! Since we're in the new year, and just a couple of weeks till pitchers and catcher show up for spring training, I figured it was time to light a new hot stove, for 2024.

For my part, I'm watching the Phillies' deals. They signed Nola, which makes me glad. I like to see prospects stay with the club that drafted them and developed them.

I'm sorry to see Rhys Hoskins go, not an opinion shared by some, but same reason-I saw him come up through the farm system, got to see him hitting at Reading. I know he didn't get break out since getting promoted to the majors, but I held out hope he'd have a blowout season, if he could get free of injury. But with Harper getting moved to first, there was nowhere for the Phils to put Hoskins. I hope he does well with the Brewers. We'll see.

Prost!
Brad

Re: Mlb 2004

Brad, you might ask Julie to change the title since it came out as 2004, not 2024.

Re: Mlb 2004

Go O's! Along with a new ownership group that includes Cal Ripken, the O's have gotten former Cy Young winner Corbin Burnes from the Brewers. This move will definitely help anchor a SP rotation that needed a vet. With the return of John Means, I'm liking the O's SP rotation right now. -- Al

Re: MLB 2024

Brad, you might ask Julie to change the title since it came out as 2004, not 2024.

Aw, nuts! Thanks for catching it!

I did enter it as "MLB", though. Forum must have an autocorrect function.

2024...the Orioles get a new 30 year lease at Camden Yards, Angelos sells the team to a Baltimore Billionaire and management and tonight the O's sign Corbin Burnes from Milwaukee!!!

1. Bradish
2. Burnes
3. Rodriguez
4.Means
5. Kramer
6. Wells
If the guys can stay healthy that's a awesome lineup right there .....let's go O's!!!⚾⚾⚾⚾

My bet is that the Dodgers win the WS in 2024.

Or the Yankees.

Not sure why they did not go after Burnes.

Other than the fact that this is the last year of his deal and he's going to want stupid money for 2025.

Good luck resigning him, enjoy that one whole year of control.

They should but probably won't.
Mark

I'm sure they'll find a way to blow it vs a 81-81 wild card team; they've spent a fortune over the years and have a whopping one WS title to show for it, that phony baloney 60 game "season" when they beat the doofin rays in front of 27 people in Texas.

What a clownshow; Dave Roberts has to have naked pictures of someone in the front office, that's the only explanation as to how he's still their manager.

I'm sure they'll find a way to blow it vs a 81-81 wild card team; they've spent a fortune over the years and have a whopping one WS title to show for it, that phony baloney 60 game "season" when they beat the doofin rays in front of 27 people in Texas.

What a clownshow; Dave Roberts has to have naked pictures of someone in the front office, that's the only explanation as to how he's still their manager.

That Dave Roberts quote is pure gold.

I really do not like the Dodgers, but the news that Kershaw is re-upping with LA is good for baseball.

He is an all-time great who belongs on the Dodger’s pitching Mount Rushmore.

Nothing but respect from this SF fan for him.

The Giants signed Soler to a 3 year $42 mil contract. This is not a headline making acquisition.

I am happy that they finally signed someone but this is far from Ohtani or Yamamoto, especially when Snell, Chapman, etc., are still available.

Nothing against Ohtani or the Dodgers but last night ESPN literally did a story about how many pitches he saw at batting practice and then they emphasized the fact that he took one swing at those five pitches.

Nothing against Ohtani or the Dodgers but last night ESPN literally did a story about how many pitches he saw at batting practice and then they emphasized the fact that he took one swing at those five pitches.

This going to play out one of two ways. First, the Dodgers have a great season and roll to the WS win. In which case, the critics will say they bought the title. Or the Dodgers will come up short, and the critics will say they choked again. The expectations are sky high. Anything less than a WS win will bring down the wrath of the fan and pundits.

This going to play out one of two ways. First, the Dodgers have a great season and roll to the WS win. In which case, the critics will say they bought the title. Or the Dodgers will come up short, and the critics will say they choked again. The expectations are sky high. Anything less than a WS win will bring down the wrath of the fan and pundits.

If they win the WS, anyone who says "They bought a title" has no clue; kudos to their ownership for going for it, spending money vs owners like the Red Sox group that have mailed it in, have spent virtually nothing after yet another last place finish.

They brought in a new GM and basically handcuffed the guy, haven't allowed him to spend money, they just use the park as a license to print money and depend on all the rubes who show up with their pink RS hats on because "it's a wonderful ballpark and a nice experience", then they get to sing sweet Caroline during the 7th inning stretch while paying 85.00 for a hotdog and a soda.

It's not a wonderful ballpark, it's a dump.

Ownership no longer cares about winning, so I no longer care about the team, if they really feel that way, bring in a new owner who cares about winning and will spend money to do so.

Another last place finish is all but guaranteed.

It's amazing how at one point the RS and the Patriots owned this town, now they are both laughing stocks in their respective leagues, Kraft is another gasbag who yammers about winning but does not want to spend money on the team, he'd rather push the greatest coach in the history of the game out the door and hire a bunch of nobodies to coach the team and spend as little as possible on payroll, but he's all for spending a fortune on some foolish lighthouse and a mega scoreboard.

Another stooge who should just sell the team.

If they win the WS, anyone who says "They bought a title" has no clue; kudos to their ownership for going for it, spending money vs owners like the Red Sox group that have mailed it in, have spent virtually nothing after yet another last place finish.

They brought in a new GM and basically handcuffed the guy, haven't allowed him to spend money, they just use the park as a license to print money and depend on all the rubes who show up with their pink RS hats on because "it's a wonderful ballpark and a nice experience", then they get to sing sweet Caroline during the 7th inning stretch while paying 85.00 for a hotdog and a soda.

It's not a wonderful ballpark, it's a dump.

Ownership no longer cares about winning, so I no longer care about the team, if they really feel that way, bring in a new owner who cares about winning and will spend money to do so.

Another last place finish is all but guaranteed.

It's amazing how at one point the RS and the Patriots owned this town, now they are both laughing stocks in their respective leagues, Kraft is another gasbag who yammers about winning but does not want to spend money on the team, he'd rather push the greatest coach in the history of the game out the door and hire a bunch of nobodies to coach the team and spend as little as possible on payroll, but he's all for spending a fortune on some foolish lighthouse and a mega scoreboard.

Another stooge who should just sell the team.

George:

This post perfectly sums up the current state of professional sports.

Historically great franchises and their fan-bases like the Red Sox and Patriots deserve more from owners who have made millions (billions) off of loyalty.

-Jason

I do not have a problem with the Dodgers having the biggest payroll.

In the last 20 years just about every WS winner has been in the top 5 in payroll, including the Giants.

George:

This post perfectly sums up the current state of professional sports.

Historically great franchises and their fan-bases like the Red Sox and Patriots deserve more from owners who have made millions (billions) off of loyalty.

-Jason

RS ownership have become penny pinching cheapskates, stories are leaking from agents about how they nickel and dime every potential free agent contract.

Bottom line is they have stopped spending money on the team, they are apparently happy with three last place finishes in the past four years.

Just an amazing turn around from a once big market team.

And the Patriots are right there with them, Kraft was 28th in the league last year in actual spending, another cheapskate who nickels and dimes everything.

I've lost interest in both teams, could care less how they do moving forward as long as current ownership stays in place.

RS ownership have become penny pinching cheapskates, stories are leaking from agents about how they nickel and dime every potential free agent contract.

Bottom line is they have stopped spending money on the team, they are apparently happy with three last place finishes in the past four years.

Just an amazing turn around from a once big market team.

And the Patriots are right there with them, Kraft was 28th in the league last year in actual spending, another cheapskate who nickels and dimes everything.

I've lost interest in both teams, could care less how they do moving forward as long as current ownership stays in place.

At least the Red Sox will never ask for a new taxpayer funded, state of the art stadium…….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back