Movie/TV News (4 Viewers)

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 4

COMING 2 AMERICA---new trailer released for the sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQNlZXT5sck

COSMIC SIN---trailer released for the alien invasion movie starring Bruce Willis and Frank Grillo.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9OccXEpL6A

BEHIND HER EYES---trailer released for the Netflix psychosexual horror miniseries based on the novel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4LtoWQaLxk

ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE---Zack Snyder posted a photo of Knightmare Batman from the HBO Max movie.

JUSTICE-LEAGUE-BATMAN-FOTOR.jpg

OBI-WAN KENOBI---Ewan McGregor commented on the status of the Disney+ miniseries, "We start making it in the late spring and we're gonna be shooting it here in LA. It's so funny, every week, there's a new report. My dad was sending me links, saying, 'I thought you were shooting it in LA' because there's another tabloid expose that we're shooting it in some bizarre town somewhere. Then we're meant to be making it in Boston and then we're meant to be making it, no, it wasn't Boston, it was Boston, England. But we're not. We're shooting it in LA."

HALLOWEEN KILLS---John Carpenter commented on the sequel, “It’s brilliant. It’s the ultimate slasher. I mean, there’s nothing more than this one. Wow! Man.”

ARMIE HAMMER---a British tabloid posted screenshots of text messages and audios Armie Hammer sent to his girlfriend after the kinky sex/cannibalism scandal broke. Hammer texted his sexual fantasies to her, "Pleasure, choking someone just to the point where they are about to pass out but timing with when they are going to c** so they come to while they are c**ing and lose their s**t. Also, great sex in general. It's my favorite drug...getting chocked scares me."
He also asked her to masturbate, "Because if we get in to this I will own those orgasms. So be my perfect little w***e and give me 5 big orgasms. Followed by 'thank you sir'. Go. And don't text again till you've c** 5 times."
Hammer told his girlfriend about his kidnapping fantasies, 'I had one girl who we would role play that I had kidnapped her and was explaining to her that I kidnapped her because I knew she wanted it. And then would explain how I was going to keep her and use her as long as I wanted. That's called consensual non-consent. And I am very down."
Hammer also commented on how the scandal has affected him and about his messages involving cannibalism, 'I feel a bit overwhelmed to be honest. It's very invasive and shi**ty to get kink shamed by the internet ha...I am happy. Life is good. This is just a hard moment. I am very happy. And very zen. Learning through every struggle and being grateful for it all...I've gotten a lot of offers from girls who said I can eat pieces of them haha."
The girlfriend blocked Hammer the next day.

ARMIE-HAMMER.jpg

DARK ARMY---Paul Feig commented on the status of his Universal Pictures horror movie, "Oh, DARK ARMY. I love that project so much. I think the studio thinks it’s a little too expensive, perhaps. God as my witness, I’m gonna make that movie. I’m so obsessed with making that movie. One of the many reasons why I was drawn to doing this current Netflix [movie] is that there’s a lot of stuff I can work out in it, as far as effects and all that, that I can bring to DARK ARMY. I love it. It’s one of my favorite things I’ve ever written. It’s one of my favorite lead characters I’ve ever come up with. So, fingers crossed that we will make it someday."

TWINS 2---Danny DeVito commented on the status of the long-gestating sequel to the 1988 movie that also starred Arnold Schwarzenegger, "Yes. Yeah, we’re working on it. It’s been a while I know, but we’re developing the screenplay right now. That’s going to happen… hopefully."

CW---the network renewed WALKER, SUPERMAN & LOIS, ALL AMERICAN, CHARMED, BATWOMAN, DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, DYNASTY, THE FLASH, LEGACIES, IN THE DARK, NANCY DREW, RIVERDALE, and ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO.

YOUNG CAPTAIN NEMO---animated movie trilogy underway based on the children's books.

TRIVIA---Roger Corman's 1955 sci fi movie DAY THE WORLD ENDED co-starred Touch Connors, who later became famous as Mike Connors in MANNIX, and was narrated by Chet Huntley, who later became famous as the co-anchor on NBC's THE HUNTLEY-BRINKLEY REPORT.

DAY-THE-WOPRLD-ENDED-MONSTER-FOTOR.jpg

Roger Corman's DAY THE WORLD ENDED co-starred Touch Connors, who later became famous as Mike Connors in MANNIX,

DAY-THE-WOPRLD-ENDED-TOUCH-CONNORS-FOTOR.jpg

DAY-THE-WOPRLD-ENDED-MANNIX-3-FOTOR.jpg

DAY THE WORLD ENDED was narrated by Chet Huntley (left), who later became famous as the co-anchor on NBC's THE HUNTLEY-BRINKLEY REPORT.

DAY-THE-WORLD-ENDED-CHET-HUNTLEY-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5

JUSTICE SOCIETY: WORLD WAR II---trailer released for the Warner Bros./DC Universe animated movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4xXbGFhEFg

THE WALKING DEAD---new trailer released for the Extended Season 10.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS9d0i-TBjo

DRACULA---Chloe Zhao (NOMADLAND) will write and direct this Universal Pictures movie that will be an “original, futuristic, sci-fi western” based on Bram Stoker's DRACULA.

DRACULA-FOTOR.jpg

THE THING ABOUT PAM---Renee Zellweger will star in this NBC six-part miniseries about Pam Hupp, who was convicted of murdering a man in 2016 in an attempt to frame the husband of Hupp's friend, Betsy Faria, whom Hupp is suspected of murdering in 2011. Faria's husband was convicted of her death, but his conviction was overturned in a second trial when evidence indicated that Hupp killed her. Hupp is also suspected of murdering her mother to collect on her life insurance policy. The miniseries is based on five NBC DATELINE episodes about Hupp.

THING-ABOUT-PAM.jpg

BLISS---Salma Hayek posted a photo of her breast tattoo for the Amazon Prime sci fi movie that also stars Owen Wilson. Ironically, Hayek is the producer for a new HBO Max comedy series, A BOOB'S LIFE, based on the novel about a woman whose breasts begin to talk to her.

BLISS-FOTOR.jpg

FEVER---Michelle Williams will star in this biomovie about singer Peggy Lee. Todd Haynes is the director. Billie Eilish is in talks to be the executive producer.

FEVER-1.jpg

THE EXPANSE---producer Broderick Johnson said the upcoming Season 6 might not be the last season, “Once the show is done on Amazon and has aired for a handful of years, all the episodes come back and are part of our library. We own the underlying IP for interactive, graphic novels, continuing storytelling in features… It’s such a rich world. We’re considering all kinds of interesting possibilities.”

WHITE BIRD: A WONDER STORY---Gillian Anderson will star in this Marc Forster/Lionsgate movie about a Jewish girl who is hidden by a boy and his family in Nazi-occupied France during World War II.

MY POLICEMAN---Harry Styles and Emma Corrin will star in this movie based on the novel about a love triangle between a woman, a gay policeman and a museum curator.

TRIVIA---FRIENDS director Michael Lembeck commented on when Jean-Claude Van Damme was a guest star in a 1996 episode with Jennifer Aniston and Courteney Cox, "He’s unprepared and arrogant! But this is the story I want to share: We shoot him and Jennifer first. Then she walks over to me and says, 'Lem, Lem, would you do me a favor and ask him not to put his tongue in my mouth when he’s kissing me?' I tell him everything is great but it’s a tight shot so maybe let’s not do that. Then we’re shooting a scene later with Courteney. Here comes Courteney walking toward me and saying, 'Lem, can you please tell him not to put his tongue in my mouth?' I couldn’t believe it! I had to tell him again, but a little firmer."

FRIENDS-1-FOTOR-2.jpg

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8

THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER---trailer released for the Disney+/Marvel tv series.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWBsDaFWyTE

GODZILLA VS. KONG---new Japanese trailer released for the sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImiBYNUWjQ0

FAST & LOOSE---Will Smith will star in this David Leitch movie about a man left for dead in Tijuana with amnesia who realizes he has two identities: a wealthy crime lord and an undercover CIA agent. He must discover who he really is.

FAST-LOOSE.jpg

BLADE---Stacy Osei-Kuffour will write the script for the Marvel Studios movie starring Mahershala Ali which will make her the first black female to write a script for a Marvel movie.

THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH---Chiwetel Ejiofor will star in this Paramount+ tv series based on the 1976 David Bowie sci fi movie. Alex Kurtzman is the director/co-writer.

MAN-WHO-FELL-TO-EARTH-1.jpg

YELLOWSTONE---Paramount+ is developing a prequel series titled Y: 1883 which will focus on the Dutton family as it heads west through the Great Plains to Montana.

WYNONNA EARP---Syfy announced that the upcoming Season 4 will be the last season.

VOID---Netflix sci fi movie about space travelers trying to escape from a distant moon where magnetic bursts every eight hours erases their memories as they are being killed off one by one.

THE BOOK OF LOVE---Sam Claflin and Veronica Echegui will star in this romantic comedy movie about a British author, whose novel is a failure except in Mexico. He travels to Mexico to find its secret of success and discovers the female Mexican translator has rewritten it as an erotic novel.

THE GREATEST---biomovie about boxer Muhammad Ali. Michael B. Jordan is the producer.

THE FRESHENING---movie underway based on the sci fi short story in which the US government forces everyone to be injected with "The Freshening" drug which causes people to see others as the same race and gender---until a street drug appears which causes everyone to see others as they really are. Cathy Yan (BIRDS OF PREY) is the writer/director.

FATHER OF THE BRIDE---Warner Bros. remake movie focuses on a Cuban-American family. The 1991 movie starred Steve Martin and Diane Keaton. The 1950 movie starred Spencer Tracy and Elizabeth Taylor.

BOO, *****---Lana Condor will star in this Netflix comedy series about a high school senior who discovers she is a ghost.

TRIVIA---more James Bond movie trivia.
In DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER, James Bond (Sean Connery) and Tiffany Case (Jill St. John) are at Case's Las Vegas house, and they see Plenty O'Toole (Lana Wood) has been drowned in the swimming pool. In reality, the house was the Palm Springs home of Kirk Douglas.

DIAMONDS-ARE-FOREVER-1-FOTOR.jpg

DIAMONDS-ARE-FOREVER-2-FOTOR.jpg

DIAMONDS-ARE-FOREVER-3-FOTOR.jpg

DIAMONDS-ARE-FOREVER-KIRK-DOUGLAS-HOUSE-FOTOR.jpg

Again thanks a lot for al those informations
I have a look at it almost each day
Every time my daughters visit me ( it happen almost each week ) I make them discover the news and Trivia and we enjoy together

thanks.gif

MIROF:

You're welcome.
I enjoy doing the trivia more than the rest of the Movie/TV News.

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9

ALLEN V FARROW---trailer released for the HBO documentary about the Woody Allen and Mia Farrow sex scandal.

LINK: LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okFP4iQrfu8

ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE---new film clip features Steppenwolf.
Also, VANITY FAIR posted a photo of Jared Leto as The Joker.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zM98EkkTHs

JUSTICE-LEAGUE-JOKER-FOTOR.jpg

KRAVEN THE HUNTER---Keanu Reeves has reportedly been offered the starring role of Kraven the Hunter in the Sony Pictures Spider-Man spinoff movie. A source said Reeves is still a candidate to star in Marvel Studio's GHOST RIDER.

KRAVEN-FOTOR.jpg

SPIDER-MAN 3---Tom Holland denied rumors that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are returning in cameos for the sequel, "No, no, they will not be appearing in this film. Unless they have hidden the most massive piece of information from me, which I think is too big of a secret for them to keep from me. But as of yet, no. It’ll be a continuation of the Spider-Man movies that we’ve been making."
Also, Holland admitted he has leaked information before, and Marvel Studios may be intentionally using him as a disinformation source, "They do it all the time. In [AVENGERS: ENDGAME], Robert Downey Jr.’s funeral scene, for the longest time I was under the impression that it was a wedding. I’m 100 percent sure that they’re still tricking me."

SPIDER-MAN-FOTOR.jpg

DON'T LOOK UP---Mark Rylance and Michael Chiklis have joined the cast of the Adam McKay sci fi movie about two astronomers who try to warn mankind of an asteroid headed towards Earth. Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett and Chris Evans also star.

BORDERLANDS---Jamie Lee Curtis will play archaeologist Dr. Tannis in the movie based on the video game. Cate Blanchett and Kevin Hart also star.

STAR WARS---Hasbro reported its 2020 STAR WARS toy sales increased by 70% even though Lucasfilm did not release a theatrical STAR WARS movie in 2020. The increased sales were attributed to the popularity of THE MANDALORIAN tv series. Hasbro's overall 2020 licensed toy sales declined 12% to $1.08 billion.

LOST AND FOUND---Zachary Levi and Gina Rodriguez will star in this Amazon Studios comedy adventure movie in which a lawyer and a renegade team up to find buried treasure in the Mississippi River.

GREEK MYTHOLOGY---untitled Fox/Dan Harmon animated tv series underway about Greek humans, gods and monsters trying to rule one of civilization's first cities.

TRIVIA---character actors John Vernon and John Larch appeared in two movies: DIRTY HARRY and AIRPLANE II: THE SEQUEL. Vernon played the San Francisco mayor in DIRTY HARRY and Dr. Stone in AIRPLANE II: THE SEQUEL. Larch played Police Chief Paul Dacanelli in DIRTY HARRY and the Prosecuting Attorney in AIRPLANE II: THE SEQUEL.

John Vernon played the San Francisco mayor in DIRTY HARRY and Dr. Stone in AIRPLANE II: THE SEQUEL.

AIRPLANE-DIRTY-HARRY-JOHN-VERNON-2-FOTOR.jpg

AIRPLANE-DIRTY-HARRY-JOHN-VERNON-1-FOTOR.jpg

John Larch played Police Chief Paul Dacanelli in DIRTY HARRY and the Prosecuting Attorney in AIRPLANE II: THE SEQUEL.

AIRPLANE-DIRTY-HARRY-JOHN-LARCH-3-FOTOR.jpg

AIRPLANE-DIRTY-HARRY-JOHN-LARCH-2-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10

BULLET TRAIN---Sandra Bullock will co-star with Brad Pitt and Michael Shannon in this David Leitch movie based on the Japanese novel about assassins on a bullet train.

BULLET-TRAIN-FOTOR.jpg

BEING THE RICARDOS---JK Simmons and Nina Arianda are in talks to play William Frawley (Fred Mertz) and Vivian Vance (Ethel Mertz), respectively, in the Aaron Sorkin/Amazon Studios movie about Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, stars of the I LOVE LUCY tv series. Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem are in talks to play Ball and Arnaz.

BEING-THE-RICARDOS.jpg

JAMES BOND---Ralph Fiennes said he wants to return as M although Daniel Craig will not be returning as James Bond, "If anyone from Eon Films is listening, I'm very keen to continue training the new Bond. I love playing M, and I love being part of that franchise. But who knows? Things have to change. But I love working with Daniel. He's a terrific Bond. I will treasure that experience."

THE 4400---CW is developing a reboot of the USA Network sci fi tv series.

THE BUBBLE---Pedro Pascal, Karen Gillan and David Duchovny will star in this Judd Apatow/Netflix comedy movie about actors trying to finish filming a movie while stranded in a hotel during the pandemic.

NECK---Ken Watanabe will star in this Taleshi Kitano samurai movie based on his novel about the real assassination of warlord Oda Nobunaga in 1582.

THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ---New Line Cinema movie underway based on the L. Frank Baum novel. Nicole Kassel (WESTWORLD, WATCHMEN) is the director.

REDWALL---Netflix is developing a movie and a miniseries based on the fantasy novels.

SEARCH PARTY---HBO Max renewed the series for Season 5.

TRIVIA---character actors Derren Nesbitt and Anton Diffring appeared together as German military officers in two war movies: THE BLUE MAX and WHERE EAGLES DARE. Nesbitt played fighter pilot Fabian in THE BLUE MAX and Gestapo Major von Hapen in WHERE EAGLES DARE.
Diffring played Major Holbach in THE BLUE MAX and Colonel Paul Kramer in WHERE EAGLES DARE.

Derren Nesbitt played fighter pilot Fabian in THE BLUE MAX and Gestapo Major von Hapen in WHERE EAGLES DARE.

BLUE-MAX-WHERE-EAGLES-DARE-DERREN-NESBITT-3-FOTOR.jpg

BLUE-MAX-WHERE-EAGLES-DARE-DERREN-NESBITT-2-FOTOR.jpg

Anton Diffring played Major Holbach (in front of painting) in THE BLUE MAX and Colonel Paul Kramer in WHERE EAGLES DARE.

BLUE-MAX-WHERE-EAGLES-DARE-ANTON-DIFFRING-1-FOTOR.jpg

BLUE-MAX-WHERE-EAGLES-DARE-ANTON-DIFFRING-3-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11

THE MANDALORIAN---Lucasfilm fired Gina Carano after her controversial posts about political and social issues led to fan demands that she be fired, "Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.”
Lucasfilm's plans to develop a Disney+ Cara Dune spinoff series were cancelled in December due to her posts.

MANDALORIAN-FOTOR.jpg

THE LAST OF US---Pedro Pascal will play Joel and Bella Ramsey will play Ellie in the HBO movie based on the pandemic video game.

JOSS WHEDON---after Ray Fisher accused Joss Whedon of unprofessional behavior while filming JUSTICE LEAGUE, Charisma Carpenter, who co-starred on Whedon's BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER and ANGEL, also accused Whedon of abusive behavior. BUFFY and ANGEL co-stars Sarah Michelle Gellar, Amber Benson, Michelle Trachtenberg and Clare Kramer tweeted their support for Fisher and Carpenter. Gellar tweeted, “While I am proud to have my name associated with Buffy Summers, I don’t want to be forever associated with the name Joss Whedon. I am more focused on raising my family and surviving a pandemic currently, so I will not be making any further statements at this time. But I stand with all survivors of abuse and am proud of them for speaking out.”
Benson tweeted, “Buffy was a toxic environment and it starts at the top. Charisma is speaking [the] truth and I support her 100%. There was a lot of damage done during that time and many of us are still processing it twenty-plus years later. #IStandWithRayFisher #IStandWithCharismaCarpenter”.

JOSS-WHEDON.jpg

HARRY POTTER---HBO's Caey Bloys commented on rumors of a HBO Max spinoff series by saying there have been “exploratory conversations” and it is “embryonic at this point.”

THE GODFATHER---Elisabeth Moss will co-star with Oscar Issac and Jake Gyllenhaal in the untitled Barry Levinson movie about Francis Ford Coppola's struggles to make THE GODFATHER.

TRUE LIES---CBS pilot underway based on the 1994 James Cameron movie that starred Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jamie Lee Curtis. The female-led tv series will focus on Helen Tasker. James Cameron is the executive producer.

DOLLY---Florence Pugh will star in the Apple TV+ movie based on the sci fi short story about a robot companion that kills its owner and then says it is innocent and demands a lawyer.

THE ESSEX SERPENT---Claire Danes will star in the Apple TV+ miniseries based on the novel about a divorced woman who moves from Victorian London to an English village where the fabled Essex Serpent may exist.

THE TENDER BAR---Tye Sheridan is in negotiations to co-star with Ben Affleck in the George Clooney movie based on the JR Moehringer memoir.

TRUE DETECTIVE---HBO's Casey Bloys said it will continue the series but without creator Nic Pizzolatto, “It’s safe to say we’re working with a couple of writers to find the right tone and take. It’s definitely an area that could be very interesting, and I think it would be interesting with a new voice. Quality is what’s going to guide us, so if we end up with scripts that we don’t feel are representative or are not at a high enough quality, we’re not going to do something just to do it.”

TRIVIA---the 1963 THE OUTER LIMITS episode "The Architects of Fear" was about a team of scientists who think a global nuclear war is imminent and decide to create a fake alien invasion of Earth so that nations will unite to fight the alien invaders instead of waging war against each other. The scientists choose one of their own, physicist Dr. Allen Leighton (Robert Culp), to be transformed into an alien from the planet Theta, who will land near the UN building to signal the alien invasion.
The episode's Thetan was so frightening that some ABC stations refused to broadcast it, while other stations blacked out the Thetan when it appeared and some stations ran the episode after 11/10 pm.

OUTER-LIMITS-2-A-FOTOR-2.jpg

OUTER-LIMITS-1-A-FOTOR-2.jpg

OUTER-LIMITS-3-A-FOTOR-2.jpg

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON---HBO announced actors for four characters from the GAME OF THRONES prequel series.

Otto Hightower (Rhys Ifans)–-- “The Hand of the King who loyally and faithfully serves both his king and his realm. As the Hand sees it, the greatest threat to the realm is the king’s brother, Daemon, and his position as heir to the throne.”
Lord Corlys Velaryon (Steve Toussaint)-–- “Comes from a Valyrian bloodline as old as House Targaryen. As “The Sea Snake,” the most famed nautical adventurer in the history of Westeros, Lord Corlys built his house into a powerful seat that is even richer than the Lannisters and that claims the largest navy in the world.”
Princess Rhaenys Velaryon (Eve Best)-- – “A dragonrider and wife to Lord Corlys Velaryon, “The Queen Who Never Was” was passed over as heir to the throne at the Great Council because the realm favored her cousin, Viserys, simply for being male.”
Mysaria (Sonoya Mizuno)--– “A woman who came to Westeros with nothing and has been sold more times than she can recall. She could have wilted… but instead she rose to become the most trusted — and most unlikely — ally of Prince Daemon Targaryen, the heir to the throne.

HOUSE-OF-DRAGON.jpg

FACE-OFF---Adam Wingard (GODZILLA VS. KONG) will direct and co-write the Paramount Pictures sequel to the 1997 John Woo movie that starred John Travolta and Nicolas Cage. It is not known if Travolta and Cage are returning for the sequel.

FACE-OFF-FOTOR.jpg

FALLING---Universal Pictures movie underway based on the upcoming novel about an airliner pilot who is ordered to crash his airliner or his kidnapped family will be killed as an FBI agent races the clock to rescue the family.

FALLING-FOTOR.jpg

THE OVERSTORY---GAME OF THRONES creators David Benioff and DB Weiss and Hugh Jackman are developing a Netflix tv series based on the environmental novel. Jackman may star in the tv series.

JOSS WHEDON---Michelle Trachtenbetrg, who was 14 years-old when she co-starred on Joss Whedon's BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, posted an additional comment about her allegations of abuse against Whedon, "This must. Be known. As a teenager. With his not appropriate behavior...Very. Not. Appropriate. So now. People know. What Joss. Did.
The last. Comment I will make on this. Was. There was a rule. Saying. He's not allowed in a room alone with Michelle again."

JOSS-WHEDON.jpg

DEVOTION---Serinda Swan will play Elizabeth Taylor in this Korean War movie about Navy pilot Thomas Hudner, who received the Medal of Honor after crash-landing his fighter-bomber while trying to rescue his friend, Jesse Brown, who was trapped in his downed plane and was the Navy's first black pilot.

BROOKLYN NINE-NINE---NBC announced that the upcoming Season 8 will be the last season.

CLUE---Fox animated tv series underway based on the Hasbro board game. The 1985 movie starred Tim Curry, Christopher Lloyd and Madeline Kahn.

MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR---Diamond White, Laurence Fishburne and Alfre Woodard will provide the voices for this Disney Channel/Marvel animated tv series about a black teenage genius and her Tyrannosaurus Rex who battle crime in New York.

TRIVIA---today is the Chinese New Year so the trivia is from Jack Nicholson's classic CHINATOWN.
In CHINATOWN, private detective Jake Gittes investigates murder, water rights and corrupt real estate deals in 1937 Los Angeles. Actress Nandu Hinds played Gittes' secretary, Sophie, which was the only role Hinds ever played. After CHINATOWN, Hinds left acting and, Ironically, became a successful Los Angeles real estate agent.

In CHINATOWN, private detective Jake Gittes investigates murder, water rights and corrupt real estate deals in 1937 Los Angeles.

CHINATOWN-JACK-NICHOLSON-2-FOTOR.jpg

Actress Nandu Hinds played Gittes' secretary, Sophie, which was the only role Hinds ever played.

CHINATOWN-NANDU-HINES-FOTOR.jpg

After CHINATOWN, Hinds left acting and, Ironically, became a successful Los Angeles real estate agent.

LINK: https://nanduhinds.rodeore.com/

CHINATOWN-REALTOR-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 19

MORTAL KOMBAT---Red Band trailer released for the movie based on the video game.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE5UAdlKrjQ

STAR WARS---writer Sariah Wilson tweeted with Rian Johnson, who confirmed his new STAR WARS trilogy is still underway at Lucasfilm, "I'm just going to post this now because I can see that I'm going to get a lot of requests...Yes, Rian's SW trilogy is still on. No dates or timelines because he has other projects going on, but it is happening. THAT IS ALL I KNOW ABOUT IT."
Wilson posted a screen shot as proof she tweeted with Johnson.

STAR-WARS-SARIAH-WILSON.jpg

CONSTANTINE---HBO Max and JJ Abrams are developing a tv series based on the DC Comics young John Constantine.

CONSTANTINE-2.jpg

WEDNESDAY---Tim Burton will direct this Netflix live-action THE ADDAMS FAMILY tv series about Wednesday Addams, a student at Nevermore Academy, who is investigating a serial killer.

WEDNESDAY-FOTOR.jpg

DISAPPOINTMENT BLVD.---Joaquin Phoenix will star in this movie described as, “an intimate, decades-spanning portrait of one of the most successful entrepreneurs of all time.” Ari Aster (MIDSOMMAR) is the director.

THE MARSH KING'S DAUGHTER---Daisy Ridley will star in this movie based on the novel about the daughter of notorious criminal known as The Marsh King who held her and her mother as captives in the wilderness and has now escaped from prison.

TRAIN TO BUSAN---Indonesian Timo Tjahjanto is in negotiations to direct the US remake of the 2016 South Korean zombie movie.

THE KING AND I---Paramount Pictures remake underway of the 1956 movie that starred Yul Brynner and Deborah Kerr.

NEGLECTED MURDERESSES---Norman Reedus and AMC are developing a tv series based on the novel about 12 female killers.

PANTHEON---Maddie Chang, Daniel Dae Kim, William Hurt and Corey Stoll provide the voices for this AMC animated sci fi tv series about a bullied teenage girl who is helped by her deceased father, whose consciousness has been uploaded into the Cloud and leads to a global conspiracy.

ROADMARKS---HBO/George RR Martin tv series underway based on the fantasy dragon novel.

CBS---cancelled MOM and NCIS: NEW ORLEANS. It is developing two new new spinoff series titled NCIS: HAWAII and FBI: INTERNATIONAL.

NETFLIX---renewed FATE: THE WINX SAGA and CREEPSHOW.

DJANGO---Matthias Schoenaerts will star in this 10-part tv miniseries based on the 1966 spaghetti Western.

VOLUNTARY COMMITTAL---Paramount TV series underway based on the Joe Hill short story.

THE PERFECT GIRLFRIEND---Anna Friel will star in this tv series based on the novel.

FALL: THE MYSTERY OF ROBERT MAXWELL---tv miniseries underway about British mogul Robert Maxwell, who mysteriously died when he fell into the sea from his yacht.

TRIVIA---SEX AND THE CITY star Kim Cattrall's third husband was audiophile designer Mark Levinson. They co-authored the best-selling sex manual book SATISFACTION: THE ART OF THE FEMALE ORGASM.

KIM-CATTRALL-FOTOR.jpg

KIM-CATTRALL-AUDIO-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22

THE RUNNING MAN---Edgar Wright is in negotiations to direct the Paramount Pictures remake of the movie based on the Stephen King novel. The remake will be more faithful to the novel than the 1987 movie that starred Arnold Schwarzenegger and Richard Dawson.

RUNNING-MAN-FOTOR.jpg

ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE---Zack Snyder said he is not being paid for his version of JUSTICE LEAGUE in a VANITY FAIR interview, “I’m not getting paid. I didn’t want to be beholden to anyone, and it allowed me to keep my negotiating powers with these people pretty strong.”
VANITY FAIR added, “[Snyder] has reshot the ending with a hero cameo that will blow hard-core fans’ minds.”

ZACK-SNYDER-JUSTICE-LEAGUE-2.jpg

HAVOC---Tom Hardy will star in this Gareth Evans movie about a detective who must rescue a politician's estranged son and discovers a vast conspiracy of corruption.

THE SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL---the Netflix/Paul Feig movie based on the novel has added Charlize Theron and Kerry Washington to the cast. Theron will play Lady Lesso, the Dean of the School for Evil. Washington will play Professor Dovey, the Dean of Good.

THE FLASH---Andy Muschietti announced that Sasha Calle (THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS) will play Supergirl in the DC Comics movie. Calle will be the first hispanic Supergirl.

FLASH.jpg

THE 39 STEPS---Benedict Cumberbatch will star in this movie based on the conspiracy novel. Mark L. Smith (THE REVENANT) is the writer. The 1939 Alfred Hitchcock movie starred Robert Donat and Madeleine Carroll.

THE LEGITIMATE WISE GUY---Harvey Keitel, Emile Hirsch and Ruby Rose will star in this biomovie about Chicago and Las Vegas mob enforcer Anthony Spilotro.

BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE---Zack Snyder commented on negative reviews to the movie, “We’ve had our share of unkind press. Some of it, though… It’s interesting because I think… [BATMAN v SUPERMAN] is the perfect example. ‘It’s too dark.’ Too dark compared to what? I think that some of the reactions were ‘It’s not funny enough. It’s not the movie I expected it to be.’ And you’re [saying], ‘Is that the movie’s fault or is that your fault for having a preconceived notion of what it should be?’ It was kind of interesting to read things like that.”
Snyder also commented on the controversial scene in which Batman and Superman stopped fighting when they discover their mothers have the same first name, “Clearly I am a fan of, and am very interested in how ‘Martha,’ that concept is central to the film. I mean, it’s 100% the lynchpin that holds the entire movie together. I think it’s indicative of the way that Batman v Superman was received that its central tenant was sort of belittled and made fun of. I personally think it is like this beautiful and incredibly symmetrical idea that it completely finishes it as a concept. It all is 100% with intent and intention to be all the images that you see, as far as their inspiration and stuff like that.”

DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE: CURIOUS ADVENTURES AND CAUTIONARY TALES OF A FORMER PLAYBOY BUNNY---Samara Weaving will play former Playboy Bunny Holly Madison in this Sony Pictures Television tv miniseries based on her book described as a, “look beyond the polished facade of the Playboy brand to depict the visceral, often deeply damaging stories of the women who entered following a dream and found themselves manipulated, controlled, and abused by the machine.”

SUBJECT TO CHANGE---HBO Max/JJ Abrams tv series underway about a college student who signs up for a clinical trial which leads to a reality-bending adventure.

OPERATION VARSITY BLUES---Netflix documentary on the college admissions scandal which included actresses Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman. Premiere is March 17.

LUCKIEST GIRL ALIVE---Mila Kunis will star in this Netflix movie based on the best-selling novel.

ARE YOU THERE, GOD? IT'S ME, MARGARET---Rachel McAdams and Abby Ryder Fortson will star in this Lionsgate movie based on novel.

CRIMINAL MINDS---Paramount+ is developing a revival of the tv crime series. It is not known if the original cast is involved.

THE DEPARTMENT OF TRUTH---movie/tv rights have been bought for the comic book.

THE MUPPETS SHOW---Disney+ has added a disclaimer to the children's show, “This program includes negative depictions and/or mistreatment of people or cultures. These stereotypes were wrong then and are wrong now." One of the depictions is of Johnny Cash singing in front of a Confederate flag.

GONE BAMBOO---tv pilot underway based on chef Anthony Bourdain's crime novel.

MILLI VANILLI---director Brett Ratner will direct his comeback movie based on the life of Milli Vanilli. Ratner has kept a low profile since 2017 when seven women, including Natasha Henstridge and Olivia Munn, accused him of sexual harassment.

MURDER ME, MURDER YOU was a 1983 CBS tv movie based on Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer private detective novels with Stacy Keach playing Hammer. The tv movie led to the tv series MICKEY SPILLANE'S MIKE HAMMER. Three members of MURDER ME, MURDER YOU co-starred in James Bond movies: Tanya Roberts, Don Stroud and Lana Wood.
In MURDER ME, MURDER YOU, Tanya Roberts played Hammer's secretary, Velma. In A VIEW TO A KILL, Roger Moore's last James Bond movie, Roberts played Bond Girl Stacey Sutton.
In MURDER ME, MURDER YOU, Don Stroud played NYPD Captain Pat Chambers. In LICENSE TO KILL, Timothy Dalton's last James Bond movie, Stroud played Bond Villain Colonel Heller.
In MURDER ME, MURDER YOU, Lana Wood was a co-producer. In DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER, Sean Connery's last official James Bond movie, Wood played Bond Girl Plenty O'Toole.

In MURDER ME, MURDER YOU, Tanya Roberts played Hammer's secretary, Velma. In A VIEW TO A KILL, Roger Moore's last James Bond movie, Roberts played Bond Girl Stacey Sutton.

MIKE-HAMMER-TANYA-ROBERTS-3-FOTOR.jpg

MIKE-HAMMER-TANYA-ROBERTS-1-FOTOR.jpg

In MURDER ME, MURDER YOU, Don Stroud played NYPD Captain Pat Chambers. In LICENSE TO KILL, Timothy Dalton's last James Bond movie, Stroud played Bond Villain Colonel Heller.

MIKE-HAMMER-DON-STROUD-3-FOTOR.jpg

MIKE-HAMMER-DON-STROUD-1-FOTOR.jpg

In MURDER ME, MURDER YOU, Lana Wood was a co-producer. In DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER, Sean Connery's last official James Bond movie, Wood played Bond Girl Plenty O'Toole.

MIKE-HAMMER-LANA-WOOD-2-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 23

THE WALKING DEAD---featurette released for the Extended Season 10.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvIfqls7D34&t=2s

MINISTRY OF UNGENTLEMANLY WARFARE---Guy Ritchie will direct this Jerry Bruckheimer/Paramount Pictures movie based on the World War II book about Winston Churchill setting up a top secret special ops group, that included rogues and criminals, to battle Nazi Germany behind enemy lines.

MINISTRY-OF-UNGENTLEMANLY-WARFARE-1.jpg

STAR WARS---Ron Moore, who had been attached to a shelved live-action STAR WARS tv series with George Lucas, recently signed a deal with Walt Disney's 20th Century TV. Moore commented on a possible new STAR WARS tv series for Disney+, "It's always something that's on my mind but clearly, they have their STAR WARS plate full at the moment. I'm not sure this is the moment that you go in and pitch a new STAR WARS series over there. I would love to do something in that franchise. It was fun to go work on the abortive live-action show that I did way back when. I got a tremendous amount of thrill of writing lines for Darth Vader in one episode and it would be fun to do that again. It's just not the first piece of development I'm doing over there but hopefully I'll be allowed to do that at some point."
Also, Disney+ announced Moore is developing a new tv series, THE SOCIETY OF EXPLORERS AND ADVENTURERS, which will be part of a Magic Kingdom Universe using Disney movie characters and Disney theme parks.

STAR-WARS-RON-MOORE.jpg

ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE---an anonymous Warner Bros. executive told VANITY FAIR that the studio was unhappy with Joss Whedon's version of JUSTICE LEAGUE, "When we got to see what Joss actually did, it was stupefying. The robber on the rooftop—so goofy and awful. The Russian family—so useless and pointless. Everyone knew it. It was so awkward because nobody wanted to admit what a piece of ***** it was."
Also, Ryan Reynolds denied rumors that he has a Green Lantern cameo in the Zack Snyder version after VANITY FAIR reported an unknown superhero would have a cameo, "It’s not me. But what a cool pirate flag to cameo as Hal. Maybe it’s another GL? But for me, the suit stays in the closet. I mean, computer."

JUSTICE-LEAGUE.jpg

ALLEN V. FARROW---in the HBO/HBO Max documentary, Mia Farrow commented on her marriage to Woody Allen and the following sex scandals, "That's the great regret of my life, that I wasn't perceptive enough. It's my fault. I brought this guy into my family. There's nothing I can do to take that away."
She added, "I get why people can't believe it because who on Earth could believe that of Woody Allen? I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe it. Everybody admired Woody so much, loved him, and I did too."

STARGIRL---Disney+ announced the sequel movie is underway with Grace VanderWaal returning. Elijah Richardson will be the new love interest.

TWISTED METAL---Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick will write the Sony Pictures tv series based on the video game.

THE FIRST LADY---Gillian Anderson will play Eleanor Roosevelt in the Showtime First Lady anthology series.

TRIVIA---Melanie Shatner, William Shatner's youngest daughter, appeared in two of her father's STAR TREK movies: STAR TREK IV: THE VOYAGE HOME and STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER.
In THE VOYAGE HOME, Melanie played one of the two joggers who are caught up in the dust cloud created when the cloaked Bird-of-Prey takes off from San Francisco's Golden Gate Park to find the two humpback whales, George and Gracie.
In THE FINAL FRONTIER, Melanie played the yeomen who gives Captain Kirk his Starfleet uniform after he enters the Enterprise bridge in civilian clothes.

In THE VOYAGE HOME, Melanie played one of the two joggers who are caught up in the dust cloud created when the cloaked Bird-of-Prey takes off from San Francisco's Golden Gate Park to find the two humpback whales, George and Gracie.

MELANIE-SHATNER-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

MELANIE-SHATNER-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

In THE FINAL FRONTIER, Melanie played the yeomen who gives Captain Kirk his Starfleet uniform after he enters the Enterprise bridge in civilian clothes.

MELANIE-SHATNER-5-B-FOTOR.jpg

MELANIE-SHATNER-3-B-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 24

GODZILLA VS KONG---new tv spots released for the sequel.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyoNVKa3Pqo

ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE---spoiler alert (see below).

SPIDER-MAN 3---first official photo from the sequel shows Tom Holland, Zendaya and Jacob Batalon.

SPIDER-MAN-3.jpg

THE ACTOR---Ryan Gosling will star in this movie based on the novel about a New York actor, beaten up and left for dead, wakes up with amnesia in a 1950s mysterious Ohio town.

THE TERMINAL LIST---Taylor Kitsch will co-star with Chris Pratt in this Amazon tv series based on the novel about a Navy SEAL, the sole survivor of an ambush, discovers a vast government conspiracy is responsible for the deaths of his team.

GORDON HEMINGWAY & THE REALM OF CTHULHU---Netflix horror movie underway about a black hero and a Ethiopian princess who team up to rescue her regent from an ancient force. Spike Lee is the producer.

STAR WARS---Daisy Ridley hinted she might return as Rey, "I mean, never say never. I’m always open to a revisit. But also the beautiful thing is it’s this wonderful, huge universe with all of these stories that have yet to be told. I think there’s a lot of cool things to be made before any potential revisit."

THE OUTFIT---Mark Rylance, Zoey Deutch and Dylan O'Brien will star in this movie about a British tailor, who once worked on London's Savile Row, now makes clothes in a small shop for Chicago's top mobsters.

BLUE BEETLE---Angel Manual Soto will direct the Warner Bros./DC movie featuring DC's first hispanic superhero.

EASY RAWLINS---Amblin Television tv series underway about a black private detective in 1950s Los Angeles. Denzel Washington played Rawlins in DEVIL IN A BLUE DRESS.

THE BLUFF---Zoe Saldana will star in this Netflix movie about a woman whose island is invaded by pirates.

VICTORIA'S SECRET---Hulu three-part documentary underway about the lingerie label.

THE GREAT GATSBY---animated movie underway based on the F. Scott Fitzgerald novel.

TRIVIA---Samuel L. Jackson leads the list of Hollywood's top 20 deadliest actors with 1,734 on-screen kills as of October, 2020. An actor must have appeared in five action movies to qualify.

1. Samuel L. Jackson--1,734
2. Milla Jovovich--1,299
3. Jet Li--1,076
4. Dolph Lundgren--940
5. Arnold Schwarzenegger--842
6. Steven Seagal--822
7. Sylvester Stallone--794
8. Jason Statham--718
9. Kevin Costner--670
10. Wesley Snipes--593
11. Nicolas Cage--588
12. Chuck Norris--485
13. Jean-Claude Van Damme--480
13. Gerard Butler--425
15. Keanu Reeves--387
16. Clint Eastwood--382
17. Dwayne Johnson--368
18. Tom Cruise--363
19. Daniel Craig--348
20. Sean Bean--344

DEADLIEST-ACTORS-SAMUEL-L-JACKSON-FOTOR.jpg

ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE---"a source with knowledge of the film" said the surprise superhero cameo is Martian Manhunter.

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25

ARMY OF THE DEAD---trailer released for the Zack Snyder/Netflix zombie movie.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H83kjG5RCT8

IN THE LOST LANDS---Dave Bautista and Milla Jovovich will star in Paul WS Anderson's movie based on the George RR Martin short story.

IN-THE-LOST-LANDS.jpg

FRASIER---Kelsey Grammer confirmed the Paramount+ revival series is underway, “Having spent over 20 years of my creative life on the Paramount lot, both producing shows and performing in several, I’d like to congratulate Paramount+ on its entry into the streaming world. I gleefully anticipate sharing the next chapter in the continuing journey of Dr. Frasier Crane.”

FRASIER-FOTOR.jpg

RAY DONOVAN---Liev Schreiber, Jon Voight and Kerris Dorsey are returning for the Showtime movie which will be set after the end of Season 7. Schreiber is also the co-writer.

RAY-DONOVAN-FOTOR.jpg

PARAMOUNT+---Paramount Pictures is developing new streaming projects for Paramount+ based on its movie library. New tv series include Michael Caine's THE ITALIAN JOB, which, “revolves around the grandchildren of the legendary Charlie Croker, who inherit his old safety deposit box and reignite the quest for the infamous Italian bullion.” Other tv series include FATAL ATTRACTION, LOVE STORY, FLASHDANCE and THE PARALLAX VIEW. New Paramount+ movies include a PET SEMETARY remake and PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 7.

PARAMOUNT-FOTOR.jpg

FANTASTIC FOUR---a British tabloid claims Jennifer Lawrence will star in the reboot movie.

STAR TREK---producers Alex Kurtzman and Julie McNamara commented on the future of the tv franchise. McNamara said, "We are in discussions about the next phase of the TREK universe beyond those five shows that Alex has built. We are invested in growing the universe of STAR TREK. That said, it’s important to make sure that we are curating these properly.
We’re always incubating a number of things together and then working out what the right cadence is and what the right next show is. Those are active and constant conversations. There are multiple things in the hopper right now that represent that next phase but we don’t want to expand it too much, too fast to where anyone is ever saying, 'It’s just another Trek show.' We don’t want that."
Kurtzman said, "Yes, we’ve thought beyond the five [shows]. Yes, we’re having conversations about what happens beyond the five. But we have to make sure we’re staying true to the way we’ve built the first five. Each show is incredibly different, offers a specific thing, they’re not all targeted at the same audiences – but interestingly enough, they tend to bring in the same audience. It’s difficult to make something for everyone. You end up making something for no one when you take that approach."

THE KILLER---Michael Fassbender will star in this David Fincher/Netflix movie based on the graphic novel.

THE JAUNT---Dave Erickson (FEAR THE WALKING DEAD) is developing a tv series based on the Stephen King short story.

MAYOR OF KINGSTOWN---Jeremy Renner will star in this Taylor Sheridan/Paramount+ prison tv series about the powerful McLusky family in Kingstown, Michigan.

THE TWILIGHT ZONE---CBS All Access cancelled the series.

TRIVIA---character actor Len Lesser, best known as Uncle Leo on SEINFELD, appeared in two Clint Eastwood movies in which he wanted the gold stolen from banks by Eastwood's character.
In KELLY'S HEROES, Lesser was part of the the all-star cast of Eastwood, Donald Sutherland, Telly Savalas, Don Rickles and Carroll O'Connor. Lesser played Sgt. Bellamy, who builds a bridge so he can get part of the Nazi gold stolen from a French bank by Eastwood and his fellow GIs.
In THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES, Lesser played bounty hunter Abe, who wants the gold supposedly stolen from a bank by Josey Wales and Jamie (Sam Bottoms).

Character actor Len Lesser is best known as Uncle Leo on SEINFELD.

LEN-LESSER-SEINFELD-FOTOR.jpg

In KELLY'S HEROES, Lesser played Sgt. Bellamy, who builds a bridge so he can get part of the Nazi gold stolen from a French bank by Eastwood and his fellow GIs.

LEN-LESSER-KELLY-S-HEROES-FOTOR.jpg

LEN-LESSER-SHERMAN-5-FOTOR.jpg

In THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES, Lesser played bounty hunter Abe, who wants the gold supposedly stolen from a bank by Josey Wales and Jamie (Sam Bottoms).

LEN-LESSER-OUTLAW-JOSEY-WALES-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 26

SUPERMAN---JJ Abrams/Warner Bros/DC Films reboot of the Superman movie franchise is underway with Ta-Nahisi Coates (BLACK PANTHER) as the writer. Abrams said, “There is a new, powerful and moving Superman story yet to be told. We couldn’t be more thrilled to be working with the brilliant Mr. Coates to help bring that story to the big screen.”
Henry Cavill recently posted the following cryptic comment with a photo of him reading what may be a Superman-related paperwork while preparing for THE WITCHER, "Secret project? Or just a handful of paper with random words on it.... Guess you'll have to wait and see. Happy hump day all."

SUPERMAN-FOTOR.jpg

DISTRICT 10---Neill Blomkamp tweeted about his sequel to DISTRICT 9, "District 10 screenplay also being written by @sharlto
@territatchell and I. Its coming..."

DISTRICT-10.jpg

THE AMUSEMENT PARK---Shudder will premiere the 4K restored 1975 George A. Romero movie, which had been previously considered lost, this summer.

AMUSEMENT-PARK.jpg

NOCEBO---Eva Green and Mark Strong will star in this movie about a fashion designer who is afflicted with a mysterious disease that baffles her doctors. When her Filipino nanny uses traditional folk healing to cure the illness, she makes a startling discovery.

KIMI---Zoe Kravitz will star in this Steven Soderbergh/HBO Max movie about an agoraphobic tech worker who discovers a violent crime in a data stream and encounters resistance from the company to investigate it. David Koepp is the writer.

THE GREAT CHINESE ART HEIST---Warner Bros. movie underway based on the true story of a rash of art thefts in European museums where Chinese antiquities stolen by French soldiers in 1860 reappeared in China which led to speculation the Chinese government was involved. Jon M. Chu (CRAZY RICH ASIANS) is the director.

THE MOTHERSHIP---Halle Berry will star in this Netflix sci fi movie about a woman who discovers an extraterrestrial object under her rural farm exactly one year after her husband mysteriously disappeared. Matthew Charman (BRIDGE OF SPIES) is the writer/director.

BLAZING SAMURAI---animated comedy movie inspired by Mel Brooks's BLAZING SADDLES. The voice cast includes Brooks, Michael Cena, Samuel L. Jackson, Ricky Gervais, George Takei, Michelle Yeoh and Djimon Hounsou.

WU ASSASSINS: FISTFUL OF VENGEANCE---Netflix spinoff movie underway with Iko Uwais, Lewis Tan and Lawrence Kao returning.

LADY JAYE---Amazon is developing a G.I. JOE spinoff tv series featuring Lady Jaye.

THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE---Theo James and Rose Leslie will star in the HBO tv series based on the novel. Stephen Moffat is the writer. The 2009 movie starred Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams.

BLACK FLIES---Sean Penn and Tye Sheridan will star in this movie about a rookie paramedic who is partnered with New York's top paramedic

THE DIVISION---Rawson Marshall Thurber will direct this Netflix movie based on the pandemic video game.

WHITE BIRD: A WONDER STORY---Gillian Anderson and Helen Mirren will star in the WONDER spinoff movie.

TRIVIA---character actor Del Monroe is best known for co-starring on VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA. He played Seaman Kowski in the 1961 movie and was the only member of the movie cast to return as a full-time member of the tv series cast where he played Seaman Kowalski.

Del Monroe played Seaman Kowski (orange life preserver) in the 1961 movie VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA.

DEL-MONROE-MOVIE-FOTOR.jpg

DEL-MONROE-TV-SEAVIEW-FOTOR.jpg

Monroe was the only member of the movie cast to return as a full-time member of the tv series cast where he played Seaman Kowalski (red uniform).

DEL-MONROE-TV-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, MARCH 1

JUPITER'S LEGACY---featurette released for the Netflix superhero series based on the comic book.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09wRcI48110

MASTERS OF THE AIR---Austin Butler (ONCE UPON A TIME...IN HOLLYWOOD) and Callum Turner (FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD) will star in the Tom Hanks/Steven Spielberg/Apple TV+ miniseries based on the book about the Eighth Air Force in World War II. Butler will play Major Gale Cleven, and Turner will play Major John Egan.

MASTERS-OF-THE-AIR.jpg

THE PALE BLUE EYE---Christian Bale will reunite with director Scott Cooper (HOSTILES) in this movie based on the novel about a serial killer stalking the United States Military Academy at West Point in 1830 and the veteran detective assigned to the case who is aided by a young cadet named Edgar Allan Poe.

PALE-BLUE-EYE.jpg

ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE---Zack Snyder said he is open to sequels to JUSTICE LEAGUE, “Well, it was meant to be two more movies. [This movie] doesn’t really encompass any of the additional movies other than little… It hints, as you would, at a potential other world. I’d plant the seeds as I had wanted to of what would come in the later films. That’s in there, but as far as those stories, that would be to come if ever that happened – which it does not look like it would.”
He added, “It is a cliffhanger … The movie ends in a massive cliffhanger, yeah.”

AQUAMAN 2---THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER writer Ryan Parker posted about rumors that Amber Heard had been fired from the sequel due to her controversial divorce from Johnny Depp, "Told by a reliable source that reports of Amber Heard being fired off 'Aquaman 2' are inaccurate."

PARALLEL---Netflix sci fi movie about a man and a woman who commit crimes in parallel universes who try to find a common universe where they can be together as they are pursued by their boss and the law. The writer is Ben Ripley (SOURCE CODE).

TICKET TO PARADISE---George Clooney and Julia Roberts will star in this Paramount Pictures romantic comedy movie about a divorced couple who travel to Bali to stop their daughter's upcoming marriage.

MASS EFFECT---after Henry Cavill posted a photo of him reading papers which he said might be a "Secret Project?", the Gamepressure website used software to read the text on the papers and found the following words on them: "Cerberus", "Reaper", "Geth" and "Tali'Zrah". All of the words are from the third game in the "Mass Effect" video game.

THE TERMINATOR---Netflix anime series underway based on the James Cameron movie franchise.

RED SONJA---Tasha Huo will write the script for the reboot movie.

NICKELODEON---Nickelodeon's Avatar Studios is developing an AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER animated movie. Nickelodeon is also developing a TRANSFORMERS animated tv series.

A DIE ANOTHER DAY spinoff movie, JINX, which starred Halle Berry returning as NSA agent Jinx and Pierce Brosnan as James Bond, was cancelled. A leaked copy of the script, dated July 8, 2003, showed it was written by the veteran 007 team of Neal Purvis and Robert Wade. The spinoff told how Jinx's father was a US spy who was killed with her mother when terrorists blew up the US Ambassadorial compound in San Salvador. As an adult, Jinx (real name: Giacinto Johnson) joined the NSA to avenge her parents' death. Her NSA handler was Damian Falco (Michael Madsen). The spinoff had Jinx teaming up with James Bond to battle an international terrorist plot involving nerve gas.
Berry said about the JINX's cancellation, "It was very disappointing. It was ahead of its time. Nobody was ready to sink that kind of money into a black female action star. They just weren’t sure of its value. That’s where we were then."

A leaked copy of the JINX script, dated July 8, 2003, showed it was written by the veteran 007 team of Neal Purvis and Robert Wade.

JINX-SCRIPT-FOTOR.jpg

JINX-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, MARCH 2

VOYAGERS---trailer released for the sci fi movie starring Tye Sheridan and Colin Farrell.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11wwx5VKThY

THE SEVENTH DAY---trailer released for the exorcism horror movie starring Guy Pearce.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJThAgic45Q

OBI-WAN KENOBI---Indira Varma (GAME OF THRONES) will co-star with Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen in the Disney+ miniseries. Her role was not undisclosed.

OBI-WAN-KENOBI-INDIRA-VARMA-FOTOR.jpg

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER---film set photos show Chris Hemsworth, Sam Neill, Matt Damon and Melissa McCarthy.

THOR-SAM-NEILL-2.jpg

THOR-MATT-DAMON-2.jpg

THOR-MELISSA-Mc-CARTHY.jpg

THE WALKING DEAD---Michael James Shaw (CONSTANTINE) will play Mercer in Season 10.

THE QUEEN MARY---Alice Eve will star in the horror movie about the haunted ocean liner Queen Mary, TIME MAGAZINE's most-haunted place in the world. The movie will be the first in a trilogy.

QUEEN-MARY-FOTOR.jpg

THE ICE ROAD---Liam Neeson and Laurence Fishburne star in this Netflix movie about an ice driver who must lead a rescue mission across frozen water that is thawing out to save miners trapped in diamond mine in a remote region of Canada.

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA---rapper T. I. is not returning for the sequel. This may be related to accusations made against him and his wife involving sexual abuse, assault, drugs and other crimes.

SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT---reboot underway of the 1984 slasher Santa movie.

TRIVIA---in STAR TREK III: THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK, two Emmy Award-winning sitcom actors played Klingons. Christopher Lloyd, who won two Emmy Awards playing Jim Ignatowski on TAXI, played Commander Kluge. John Larroquette, who won four consecutive Emmy Awards playing prosecutor Dan Fielding on NIGHT COURT, played Maltz. On the film set, Larroquette joked, "At some point in the film, I wanted [Kruge} Christopher Lloyd to turn to me and say, 'Bring me some chocolate, Maltz.'"

In STAR TREK III: THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK, Emmy Award-winners Christopher Lloyd played Klingon Commander Kluge (left), and John Larroquette played Maltz (center).
On the film set, Larroquette joked, "At some point in the film, I wanted [Kruge} Christopher Lloyd to turn to me and say, 'Bring me some chocolate, Maltz.'"

STAR-TREK-III-KRUGE-MALTZ-1-D-FOTOR.jpg

Christopher Lloyd won two Emmy Awards playing Jim Ignatowski on TAXI.

STAR-TREK-III-TAXI-FOTOR.jpg

John Larroquette won four consecutive Emmy Awards playing prosecutor Dan Fielding on NIGHT COURT.

STAR-TREK-III-NIGHT-COURT-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 3

WITHOUT REMORSE---trailer released for the Amazon Prime tv series starring Michal B. Jordan.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-rw2cxFVLg

KITBAG---Jodie Comer will co-star with Joaquin Phoenix in the Ridley Scott/Apple Studios biomovie about Napoleon Bonaparte. Comer will play Bonaparte's wife, Josephine.

KITBAG-2.jpg

OPERATION MINCEMEAT---Colin Firth stars in this Netflix World War II movie based on the book about British intelligence officers who used the corpse of a homeless man and dressed him up as a fictional Royal Marines captain with an attache case of top secret documents. The documents stated that the Allies were going to invade Greece and Sardinia, but in reality the invasion would be Sicily. The corpse was left off the coast of Spain where Spanish officials gave the documents to German intelligence. Adolf Hitler then sent reinforcements to Greece which allowed the Sicily invasion to proceed with far less German opposition. Operation Mincemeat was based on a proposal generally attributed to Royal Navy Lieutenant Commander Ian Fleming, who later gained fame as the author of the James Bond novels. The 1956 movie THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS was based on Operation Mincemeat.

OPERATION-MINCEMEAT-FOTOR.jpg

SANDKINGS---Gore Verbinski (PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN) will direct this Netflix movie based on the George RR Martin short story. The 1995 tv movie version starring Beau Bridges was the first episode of THE OUTER LIMITS reboot series.

SANDKINGS-FOTOR.jpg

COMING TO AMERICA--=Eddie Murphy said white comedian Louie Anderson was added to the cast of the 1988 movie because Paramount Pictures felt it needed a white actor, "Paramount was like, because the whole cast was black and this was back in the ‘80s. So it was like, ‘There has to be a white person in the movie.’ I was like, ‘What?’ So who was the funniest white guy around? We knew Louie was cool, so that's how Louie got in the movie."
Arsenio Hall added, “I love Louie, but I think we were forced to put Louie in it. I think we were forced to put in a white person.”

COMING-TO-AMERICA-1.jpg

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS---Hugh Grant will play the villain Forge Fletcher, and Sophia Lillis will play Doric in the reboot movie starring Chris Pine.

SUPERMAN & LOIS---CW renewed the series for Season 2.

ARE YOU THERE, GOD? IT'S ME, MARGARET---Kathy Bates will play the grandmother in the movie starring Rachel McAdams that is based on the novel.

THE DEVIL'S HOUR---Amazon horror tv series about a woman who wakes up at 3:33 am every night and is the suspect in a string of murders. Steven Moffat is co-producer.

TRIVIA---in AIRPLANE!, two UCLA basketball stars appear in the classic parody movie. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar plays co-pilot Roger Murdoch. Michael Warren, who later co-starred on HILL STREET BLUES, plays a patient in the US Army Psychiatric Hospital scene. Warren's daughter-in-law is Jessica Alba.

AIRPLANE-UCLA-FOTOR.jpg

In AIRPLANE!, former UCLA basketball star Kareem Abdul-Jabbar plays co-pilot Roger Murdoch in AIRPLANE!

AIRPLANE-KAREEM-ABDUL-JABBAR-FOTOR.jpg

Former UCLA basketball star Michael Warren, who later co-starred on HILL STREET BLUES, plays a patient in the US Army Psychiatric Hospital scene.

AIRPLANE-MICHAEL-WARREN-FOTOR.jpg

AIRPLANE-HILL-STREET-BLUES-FOTOR.jpg

Warren's daughter-in-law is Jessica Alba.

AIRPLANE-JESSICA-ALBA-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, MARCH 4

THUNDER FORCE---trailer released for the Netflix comedy superhero movie starring Melissa McCarthy and Octavia Spencer.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnx6-YLXFwg

ANDOR---sources claim Ewan McGregor will have a recurring role as Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Disney+ tv series that is a prequel to ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY.

ANDOR.jpg

BOSCH---IMDB TV is developing a spinoff series with Harry Bosch teaming up with ex-nemesis Honey Chandler. Titus Welliver, Mimi Rogers and Madison Linz are returning. Welliver said, “To say I am ecstatic is an understatement! To be given the opportunity to tell more Harry Bosch stories is a tremendous gift. The process of shooting Season 7 with the shadow of it being our final loomed heavily so when the idea was presented to continue with the possibility of a spinoff, without hesitation I said, ‘let’s go.’ To all of our BOSCH fans, thank [you] for your incredible support for all these years and I can promise you the ride will only get better!”

BOSCH.jpg

THE GRAY MAN---Billy Bob Thornton, Alfre Woodard and Rege-Jean Page will co-star with Ryan Gosling and Chris Evans in this movie based on the novel about an ex-CIA assassin who is targeted by an ex-colleague.

PINOCCHIO---Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Cynthia Ervo and Lorraine Bracco have joined the voice cast of the Robert Zemeckis live-action/CGI remake of the classic Walt Disney animated movie. Tom Hanks and Luke Evans also star.

JUMANJI 4---the latest sequel is in the early stages of development

THE PLOUGHMAN---Robert Duvall, Garret Hedlund and Amy Madigan star in this Ed Harris movie based on the novel about a young deputy sheriff and an old murderer who become friends in jail.

THE PEOPLE WE HATE AT THE WEDDING---Allison Janney, Annie Murphy and Ben Platt star in this comedy movie about a dysfunctional family that reunites for a wedding.

GOLDEN GLOBES---this year's telecast drew only 6.9 million viewers which is 64% less than last year's telecast which had 18.3 million viewers.

THE SIMPSONS---Fox renewed the series through Season 34.

TRIVIA---French character actor Jacques Marin appeared in three movies which had key train scenes: CHARADE, DARLING LILI and THE TRAIN.
In CHARADE, Marin played Inspector Edouard Grandpierre, who investigated the murder of the husband of Audrey Hepburn's character on a train. In DARLING LILI, Marin played Major Duvalle, who pursued German spies played by Julie Andrews and Jeremy Kemp, on a train as German fighter planes attacked the train to prevent them from escaping to Switzerland. In THE TRAIN, Marin played train station manager Jacques, who helped Burt Lancaster's character try to prevent a train carrying France's stolen national art masterpieces from being taken to Nazi Germany.

In CHARADE, Marin played Inspector Edouard Grandpierre, who investigated the murder of husband of Audrey Hepburn's character on a train.

JACQUES-MARIN-CHARADE-1-FOTOR.jpg

JACQUES-MARIN-CHARADE-2-C-FOTOR.jpg

In DARLING LILI, Marin played Major Duvalle, who pursued German spies played by Julie Andrews and Jeremy Kemp, on a train as German fighter planes attacked the train to prevent them from escaping to Switzerland.

JACQUES-MARIN-DARLING-LILI-1-FOTOR.jpg

JACQUES-MARIN-DARLING-LILI-2-FOTOR.jpg

In THE TRAIN, Marin played train station manager Jacques, who helped Burt Lancaster's character try to prevent a train carrying France's stolen national art masterpieces from being taken to Nazi Germany.

JACQUES-MARIN-THE-TRAIN-1-FOTOR.jpg

JACQUES-MARIN-THE-TRAIN-2-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, MARCH 5

TOP GUN: MAVERICK LEGO---LEGO parody of the MAVERICK sequel trailer.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n9q0TNYIl0

STAR TREK---JJ Abrams and Paramount Pictures are developing a new STAR TREK movie based on a script by Kalinda Vazquez (STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, FEAR THE WALKING DEAD).

STAR-TREK.jpg

MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 7---Christopher McQuarrie posted a sequel photo of Henry Czerny returning as Eugene Kittridge.

MISSION-IMPOSSIBLE-7.jpg

INTERCEPTOR---Netflix movie about a female Army lieutenant who must stop 16 nuclear missiles fired at the US while her remote station comes under attack. Elsa Pataky and Luke Bracey star. Pataky's husband, Chris Hemsworth, is the co-producer.

INTERCEPTOR.jpg

THE TERMINAL LIST---Jeanne Tripplehorn will co-star with Chris Pratt in the Amazon tv series. Tripplehorn will play the first female Secretary of Defense, Lorraine Hartley, “Hartley rose up the chain of command promoting a numbers-driven strategy that leaned heavily on SpecOps. But when tragedy strikes the Navy SEAL community, Hartley must act to protect James Reece (Pratt) and these valued warriors while grappling with the consequences of her own directives."

JOSS WHEDON---another Joss Whedon associate, writer Jose Molina (FIREFLY), commented on Whedon's inappropriate behavior, "'Casually cruel' is a perfect way of describing Joss. He thought being mean was funny. Making female writers cry during a notes session was especially hysterical. He actually liked to boast about the time he made one writer cry twice in one meeting."

A QUIET PLACE 2---the sequel will premiere in theaters on Memorial Day, May 28.

PUPS ALONE---Dolph Lundgren, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Malcolm McDowell, Rob Schneider, Jerry O'Connell and Danny Trejo will star in this Christmas movie about a man who hires two thieves to steal his neighbors invention, a dog collar that translates a dog's thoughts into words.

MONSTROUS---Christina Ricci and Colleen Camp star in this horror movie about a woman and her young son who escape from her abusive husband to a remote sanctuary where they encounter a bigger monster.

SHADECRAFT---Netflix tv pilot underway based on the upcoming comic book about high school student Zadie Lu, who thinks shadows are coming to life.

THE WONDER YEARS---Saycon Sengbloh will star in the ABC all-black reboot of the sitcom that ran from 1988-1993.

TRIVIA---character actor Michael Jace is best known for playing a cop on THE SHIELD. However, in THE REPLACEMENTS (Keanu Reeves, Gene Hackman), he played a convict who joins an NFL team during a players strike. Ironically, Jace was convicted of second-degree murder in the shooting death of his wife, April, in 2014 and was sentenced to 40 years to life in prison.

In THE REPLACEMENTS, Michael Jace (left) played a convict who makes it on a NFL team along with a teammate and cop played by Jon Favreau (right--THE MANDALORIAN). Ironically, Jace was convicted of second-degree murder in the shooting death of his wife, April, in 2014 and was sentenced to 40 years to life in prison.

MICHAEL-JACE-FOTOR.jpg

MICHAEL-JACE-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back