Movie/TV News (1 Viewer)

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 8

A COMPLETE UNKNOWN---trailer released for the Bob Dylan biomovie starring Timothee Chalamet.

LINK:

THE DIPLOMAT---trailer released for Season 2.

LINK:

HERETIC---new trailer released for the horror movie starring Hugh Grant.

LINK:

CAPTAIN AMERICA: BRAVE NEW WORLD---spoiler alert (see below).

FAST AND LOOSE---Michael Bay is in negotiations to direct the Will Smith action movie whose plot is described as “FAST AND LOOSE follows a man who wakes up in Tijuana with no memories. As he pieces together his past, he learns he’s been living two lives: one as a crime kingpin and the other as an undercover CIA agent.”

FAST-AND-LOOSE-FOTOR.jpg

THE PROFESSIONALS---Chad Stahelski/Lionsgate assassin movie underway whose synopsis says, “The story follows a group of contract killers stranded in an English countryside estate when one of them is murdered. Now, the remaining group has to solve the death.”

MARTIN SCORSESE---the director commented on rumors that he is retiring after his Frank Sinatra and Jesus Christ biomovies were postponed, “I’m not saying goodbye to cinema at all. I still have more films to make, and I hope God gives me the strength to make them.”

BLACK WIDOW---Saoirse Ronan commented on the rumor she turned down the Yelena Belova role that then went to Florence Pugh, “I can’t see myself doing Marvel. I don’t . . . No, I would prefer to do Bond. There’s nothing wrong with [Marvel] and I think they’re brilliant films. I want to do more big movies. I’m at the point where I’ve done… I love making independent film, I really do, but to know — especially in this landscape that we’re in, in film right now — to know that a film is going to be seen is such a luxury.”

KAOS---Netflix cancelled the series.

TRIVIA---a British couple began their annual vacation to America by buying a vintage car in England and have it shipped to New York where they would later arrive by airliner. They would then drive the car cross country to Los Angles where they would sell the car for a handsome profit to pay for their vacation. In 1966, they bought a vintage 1937 Bentley convertible as they began their latest US vacation. During their stop in Colorado at the Arapaho National Forest near Boulder, the remake of the classic STAGECOACH starring John Wayne was filming. The remake cast included Ann-Margret, Bing Crosby, Mike Connors, Van Heflin, Red Buttons, Slim Pickens, Bob Cummings, Alex Cord and Stefanie Powers.
Connors, a vintage car enthusiast, saw the couple's Bentley parked nearby and offered them $4,000 and asked them to deliver the car personally to him when they reached Los Angeles. The couple accepted Connors' offer.
A year later, Connors drove his Bentley to Desilu Productions for an interview. After the interview, Connors was getting in his car when he heard a man call out to him, "Mike Connors, wait a minute! I want to talk to you!" The man was Gary Morton, who was married to Desilu co-founder Lucille Ball. Morton, also a vintage car enthusiast, offered to buy the Bentley from Connors. Then Morton remembered Desilu was casting for a new private detective tv series and told Connors, "Hey, wait a minute! I've got a script you'd be perfect for. Let me go get it and see if you like it." Morton went back to his office, got the tv pilot script and gave it to Connors. The pilot script was for MANNIX which made Connors a star. Connors later said, "A 1937 Bentley convertible got me MANNIX."

While filming the remake of STAGECOACH near Boulder, Colorado, Mike Connors bought a vintage 1937 Bentley convertible from a vacationing British couple for $4,000.

MIKE-CONNORS-STAGECOACH-3-B-FOTOR-2.jpg

Later, Connors drove the Bentley to Desilu Productions for an interview and Gary Morton, husband of Desilu co-founder Lucille Ball, offered to buy the car from Connors and then also offered him the starring role in a new detective tv series---MANNIX. Connors later said, "A 1937 Bentley convertible got me MANNIX."

MIKE-CONNORS-MANNIX-FOTOR.jpg

CAPTAIN AMERICA: BRAVE NEW WORLD---the sequel plot and other information were reportedly leaked.

"The report claims the only real big ‘cameos’ in the film are Betty Ross (Liv Tyler), Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan), and Amadeus Cho (believed to be Logan Kim) who is working at Stark Industries.
The overall plot line deals with mind control which is triggered via mobile phones, including one order in which an attempted assassination of U.S. President Ross takes place.
Tim Blake Nelson’s The Leader is unsurprisingly responsible for the whole scheme, including Ross’ Red Hulk abilities. The Serpent Society, and Giancarlo Esposito’s Sidewinder, figures into the film’s opening sequence and have been stealing adamantium, but are said to be quite limited in terms of screen time.
Harrison Ford’s President Ross becoming Red Hulk is apparently triggered by his blood pressure levels, and he uses lollipops to keep it under control (no more cigars). Big set pieces are said to include a naval battle off the coast of Tiamut Island, and a Sam/Red Hulk fight by the White House which gets torn up.
The report is also partly a review – it says there weren’t enough scenes between Sam and Joaquin Torres/Falcon to establish that relationship, that “The Leader’s goals were vague and his methods of doing what he was doing even vaguer,” and that Mackie and Harrison “are good” at playing off each other.
They also say Ford hulking out is “definitely the highlight of the entire movie,” and warn that the cut they saw had unfinished scenes and likely some missing ones.
As for the mid-credits scene, The Leader warns something “big and bad” is coming, and it is strongly hinted that Amadeus Cho has also been given that Hulk serum.
A separate report by Daniel Richtman adds to those details, saying the scene is meant to set the stage for ‘World War Hulks’ with The Leader having created several Hulks like Ross that he can control.
Richtman also indicates Shira Hass’ Sabra character’s origins have been altered – she will now be played as a powerless former Black Widow, not a mutant like in the comics."

source: darkhorizons

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 9

CHRISTOPHER NOLAN---Matt Damon is in talks to reunite with Christopher Nolan as the lead star of the movie whose plot has not been announced.

CHRISTOPHER-NOLAN-FOTOR.jpg

SPEED---Sandra Bullock, Keanu Reeves and director Jan de Bont reunited for a special screening of SPEED for its 30th anniversary. Bullock commented on a possible SPEED 3 after Reeves's comment in early 2024 that he would like to reunite with Bullock for a sequel, “The geriatric version. It won’t be fast."
She also commented on de Bont and SPEED 3, “All these things happened because the crazy man in the greenish jacket over there. He’s so soft and gentle today and I’m like, that’s not the man I remember. But he’s the man who put the energy and the idea together, knew what the audience wanted and demanded it from everyone and everyone stepped up to play it. So what would that movie be that would make Jan’s brain and brilliance happy?...It would require a lot from everybody. I don’t know if we’re in an industry anymore that’s willing to tolerate it and be brave enough to do it. Maybe I could be wrong. If he can’t make [what’s in his brain] for the audience, then he’s failed it felt like. I don’t know what we could do that would be good enough for the audience.”

SPEED-FOTOR.jpg

GLADIATOR 3---Ridley Scott said he is already working on a third movie, “I’ve already got eight pages. I’ve got the beginning of a very good footprint. If there’s a GLADIATOR 3, I don’t think you’d ever go back into the arena. But I had to go back into the arena.”
Earlier, Scott hinted at a second sequel, “The end of GLADIATOR II evokes that of the GODFATHER, with Michael Corleone who finds himself with a job he did not want, and who wonders, ‘and now, Father, what am I doing?’ The next [film] will, therefore, be about a man who does not want to be where he is.”

JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION---Jeff Goldblum recently commented on DOMINION's divisive ratings among critics and fans (Rotten Tomatoes critics rating--29%, audience rating--77%), "I enjoyed working on it and enjoyed trying to make it good. I think it sold a bunch of tickets. But, you know… [laughs] Everybody’s got an opinion about it. It’s tough to make a good movie."
Goldblum said he enjoyed reuniting with his co-stars from JURASSIC PARK, "...a very enjoyable experience...getting together again with Laura Dern and Sam Neill", and he commented on the future of Dr. Ian Malcom, "I think Ian Malcolm may have ridden off into the sunset. Maybe."
Goldblum said he is looking forward to the upcoming JURASSIC WORLD REBIRTH, "Because this next one--my friend Scarlett Johansson and my new friend Jonathan Bailey from WICKED, I think, are taking up the reins. And I can’t wait to see what they do. I think that’s a good idea."

JURASSIC-WORLD-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

BLADE---Jeymes Daniel posted about rumors he is replacing Yann Demange as director of the Marvel Studios reboot movie, “I don’t know where these rumors start, but I am not in talks to do Blade with Marvel. I love me the Daywalker tho, I cannot wait to watch that joint. Sidebar: When Blade 2 came out I prayed they would make: ‘WESLEY SNIPES/CHRISTOPHER LEE – BLADE III’. It didn’t happen sadly.”

SHINOBI---Sam Hargrave (EXTRACTION) will direct the Universal Pictures movie based on the video game.

REACHER---Amazon Prime renewed the series for Season 4.

THE NIGHT AGENT---Netflix renewed the series for Season 3.

TRIVIA---in THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL, child actor Jeremy Black played the four young clones of Adolf Hitler who are cloned by the infamous Nazi Dr. Josef Mengele (Gregory Peck). Ironically, Black's father is Broadway director/producer/writer David Goldmark Black, who is Jewish.

BOYS-FROM-BRAZIL-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 10

THE DAY OF THE JACKAL---trailer released for the Peacock assassin miniseries based on the novel.

LINK:

CONCLAVE---trailer released for the movie about the new Pope starring Ralph Fiennes.

LINK:

ARMOR---trailer released for the armored car heist movie starring Sylvester Stallone and Jason Patric.

LINK:

THE ORDER---trailer released for the white supremacist heist movie starring Jude Law.

LINK:

JOKER: FOLIE A DEUX---a source blamed part of the sequel's failure on director Todd Phillips, who only dealt with Warner Bros. co-heads Michael DeLuca and Pamela Abdy. The source said Phillips "wanted nothing to do with DC" and never dealt with DC Studios co-heads James Gunn and Peter Safran, who never saw the sequel in an internal screening.
The source said, “No one could get through to Todd, and the one thing about genre stuff: If you don’t listen and pay attention to what the fan expectations are, you’re going to fail.”

JOKER-FOTOR.jpg

THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER---Amazon MGM Studios head Jennifer Salke commented on Season 2, "... over 70 million people at this point have engaged since Season 2 launched. And if you look at the long-term trajectory, which is how this company looks at an asset like that, this is a long-term investment in that franchise . . . There’s well over 100 million viewers watching and engaging with the show. So I feel really good. I think we all do.”
She also commented on a possible Season 3, "We’ll continue to make the show as long as we see global customers loving it and watching it to the point where — it is a business. Obviously, we need a large amount of people showing up. And there are a large amount of people, so there’s no debate about whether or not the show will continue.”

THE ASSOCIATE---Tom Hardy, Pierce Brosnan and Helen Mirren are in talks to star in the Guy Ritchie/Paramount+ tv series about a fixer and his gangster family.

LANTERNS---Aaron Pierre (REBEL RIDGE) will play John Stewart on the HBO/DC Studios tv series.

THE TOMORROW WAR---Yvonne Strahovski commented on a rumored sequel to the Amazon Prime sci fi movie that also starred Chris Pratt, “I, unfortunately, probably cannot say anything about it. I am hopeful that it will work out, but that’s it. That’s all I got on that.”

THE SERPENT QUEEN---Starz cancelled the series, but it is developing a spinoff about Queen Elizabeth I starring Minnie Driver.

LADIES FIRST---Sacha Baron Cohen and Rosamund Pike will star in the romantic comedy movie about a womanizer who finds himself in a female-dominated society.

TRIVIA---actor Scott Paulin and his actress wife, Wendy Phillips, both appeared in outer space movies. Paulin played astronaut Donald K. "Deke" Slayton in THE RIGHT STUFF, and Phillips played the space shuttle stewardess in AIRPLANE II: THE SEQUEL.

Actor Scott Paulin played astronaut Donald K. "Deke" Slayton in THE RIGHT STUFF.

RIGHT-STUFF-SCOTT-PAULIN-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

RIGHT-STUFF-ASTRONAUTS-3-FOTOR.jpg

Paulin's wife, actress Wendy Phillips, played the space shuttle stewardess in AIRPLANE II: THE SEQUEL.

RIGHT-STUFF-WENDY-PHILLPS-AIRPLANE-II-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

RIGHT-STUFF-ROBERT-HAYS-2-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 11

INVESTIGATION ALIEN---trailer released for the Netflix docuseries about UFOs.

LINK:

MARTHA---trailer released for the Netflix documentary about Martha Stewart.

LINK:

HEADHUNTERS---Kevin Costner is the star/co-writer/producer of the movie about a washed-up surfer who leads a team of surfers to find the "the perfect wave" on Bali and encounter a tribe of deadly headhunters.

HEADHUNTERS-FOTOR.jpg

VOLTRON---Henry Cavill has joined the cast of the live-action movie based on the animated series. His role was not disclosed.

WONDER WOMAN 3---Connie Nielsen commented on the DC Studios decision to shelve the second sequel, “I think it’s crazy. I mean, frankly, I don’t understand it. [WONDER WOMAN] made $800 million just in the movie theaters, and it has an enormous and passionate, passionate fan base.
These are spectacular films, and there’s just no reason I can understand whatsoever for not investing in that. If I were a business person, I would say that’s money on the table.
It’s right there. Plus every time we’ve done it, [it was] with budgets that were way smaller than any of the other DC budgets.
It’s a pity. I really hope that they change their minds, and that they realize this is crazy. This is a billion dollars that is lying on the table. Not claiming those fans and making them happy is something I just don’t really understand at all.”

WONDER-WOMAN-FOTOR.jpg

BATMAN---a rumor claimed "...DC Studios wants a middle-aged Batman for the DCU!". DC Studios co-head James Gunn replied, "Bulls*t" and later added, “Sometimes the rumor folks get information wrong – but other times they seem to just make up stuff for clicks out of whole cloth. This is one of the latter.”

THE KARATE KID---Sony Pictures announced the title for the sequel starring Ralph Macchio, Jackie Chan and Ben Wang is KARATE KID: LEGENDS.

THE HIDER---Robert Downey, Jr. is in talks to star in the movie based on the short story whose plot has not been disclosed.

NETFLIX---Netflix renewed THE DIPLOMAT and NOBODY WANTS THIS.

PEAKY BLINDERS---Sophie Rundle, Packy Lee, Stephen Graham and Ian Peck are returning for the Netflix movie based on the tv series.

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE---Netflix series underway based on the Jane Austen novel.

TRIVIA---Marina Sirtis is best known for playing Counselor Deanna Trois on STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION. One of Sirtis' first movie roles was in DEATH WISH 3 where she played rape victim Maria Rodriguez. Sirtis said director Michael Winner pressured her into filming the nude rape scene. She also said the rape scene was filmed in an extremely cold garage where Winner would not let her sit up, and when the director of photography put a coat on her to keep her warm, Winner ordered him to remove it.
Years later, Sirtis said, "I know you're not supposed to speak ill of the dead, but I hope Michael Winner will rot in hell for all eternity. I was pressured into doing a graphic rape scene, with nudity I did not feel comfortable with, and I said nothing. You didn't say anything because you were told you would never work again, and I wasn't going to let some idiot who didn't know how to behave destroy the dream I'd had since I was three years old."
Kirk Taylor, who also appeared in DEATH WISH 3, said Winner was disliked by many of the cast and crew because of his dictatorial behavior which led to one crew member printing a fake newspaper article which said, "Michael Winner Killed by a Falling Scaffold. All 200 Crewmembers Claim Responsibility."

Marina Sirtis is best known for playing Counselor Deanna Trois on STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION.

DEATH-WISH-STAR-TREK-3-FOTOR.jpg

One of Sirtis' first movie roles was in DEATH WISH 3 where she played rape victim Maria Rodriguez in which she said she was mistreated by director Michael Winner.

DEATH-WISH-SIRTIS-2-A-FOTOR.png

MONDAY, OCTOBER 14

LOCKERBIE: A SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH---trailer released for the Peacock five-part miniseries about the terrorist bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 starring Colin Firth.

LINK:

THE BOURNE DILEMMA---Edward Berger (ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT) has reportedly signed as writer/director of the sixth movie in the Jason Bourne franchise. It is not known if Matt Damon is returning.

BOURNE-DILEMMA-FOTOR.jpg

FREAKIER FRIDAY---photo released of Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan returning for the sequel to the 1992 movie.

FREAKIER-FRIDAY-FOTOR.jpg

JOKER: FOLIE A DEUX---the sequel's second weekend earned only $7 million which is an 82% drop from its dismal premiere weekend. The sequel has earned only $165 million globally with $450 million required just to break even.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR: FIRST STEPS---director Matt Shakman said the movie is set in an alternate reality, not Earth-116 in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, so other MCU superheroes will not be in FIRST STEPS, “The great thing about this is we’re building a new universe where there are no other heroes. It’s the Fantastic Four.”

BALLERINA---a source claims JOHN WICK director Chad Stahelski was brought in to re-shoot most of the spinoff movie starring Ana de Armas without director Len Wiseman being present, “Of course, Chad had to clean up someone else’s mess. Remember, this film is basically JOHN WICK 3.5. This story happens before JOHN WICK 4 and after that film, they can’t have a failure in anything WICK related...Chad is going to do HIGHLANDER, but cleaning up BALLERINA pushed him by five months for sure.”

GHOSTBUSTERS---writer Gil Kenan said more sequels are being developed, “The answer is yes, Jason [Reitman]… we take the responsibility and the joy of being the keepers of the flame of ‘Ghostbusters’ very seriously… we definitely are continuing the conversation of telling big GHOSTBUSTERS stories on the big screen. And stay tuned. There’ll be more. There’ll be more about that later.”

THE HAND THAT ROCKS THE CRADLE---Mary Elizabeth Winstead is in negotiations to play Claire Bartel, who was played by Annabelle Sciorra in the original 1992 nanny horror movie.

READY OR NOT 2---Samara Weaving is returning for the sequel to the comedy horror movie.

THE WILD ROBOT---director Chris Sanders said a sequel to the animated movie is underway, “100% yes there are absolutely plans for a second one.”

UNSTABLE---Netflix cancelled the series which will be shopped to other outlets.

TRIVIA---Leslie Nielsen played three roles in projects that led to major future projects. Nielsen played US intelligence agent Brent in the HAWAII FIVE-O tv pilot which led to the classic tv series starring Jack Lord that ran from 1968-1980. The reboot tv series HAWAII FIVE-0 starring Alex O'Loughlin ran from 2010-2020. Nielsen played Captain Harrison, skipper of the ocean liner SS Poseidon in the Academy Award-winning disaster movie that starred Gene Hackman and Ernest Borgnine. The sequel BEYOND THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE starred Michael Caine and Sally Field. The reboot movie POSEIDON starred Kurt Russell and Richard Dreyfuss. Nielsen played Detective Frank Drebin in the short-lived tv series POLICE SQUAD! which led to three hit movies THE NAKED GUN, THE NAKED 2 1/2: THE SMELL OF FEAR and THE NAKED 33 1/3: THE FINAL INSULT, all three co-starred Priscilla Presley and George Kennedy.

Leslie Nielsen played US intelligence agent Brent in the HAWAII FIVE-O tv pilot which led to the classic tv series starring Jack Lord that ran from 1968-1980.

LESLIE-NIELSEN-HAWAII-FIVE-O-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

LESLIE-NIELSEN-HAWAII-FIVE-O-JACK-LORD-4-FOTOR-2.jpg

The reboot tv series HAWAII FIVE-0 starring Alex O'Loughlin ran from 2010-2020.

LESLIE-NIELSEN-HAWAII-FIVE-O-ALEX-O-LOUGHLIN-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

Nielsen played Captain Harrison, skipper of the ocean liner SS Poseidon in the Academy Award-winning disaster movie that starred Gene Hackman and Ernest Borgnine. The sequel BEYOND THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE starred Michael Caine and Sally Field. The reboot movie POSEIDON starred Kurt Russell and Richard Dreyfuss.

LESLIE-NIELSEN-POSEIDON-ADVENTURE-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

LESLIE-NIELSEN-POSEIDON-MICHAEL-CAINE-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

LESLIE-NIELSEN-POSEIDON-KURT-RUSSELL-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

Nielsen played Detective Frank Drebin in the short-lived tv series POLICE SQUAD! which led to three hit movies THE NAKED GUN, THE NAKED 2 1/2: THE SMELL OF FEAR and THE NAKED 33 1/3: THE FINAL INSULT, all three co-starred Priscilla Presley and George Kennedy.

LESLIE-NIELSEN-POLICE-SQUAD-5-FOTOR.jpg

LESLIE-NIELSEN-NAKED-GUN-1-A-FOTOR-2.jpg

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15

THE MONKEY---trailer released for the horror movie based on the Stephen King short story.

LINK:

THE MAN IN THE WHITE VAN---trailer released for the slasher movie starring Sean Astin.

LINK:

SUPERMAN---James Gunn posted a photo of Superman and his dog Krypto.

SUPERMAN-FOTOR.jpg

JOKER: FOLIE A DEUX---insiders estimate that Warner Bros. will lose at least $125 million and could be as high as $200 million after FOLIE A DEUX bombed at the box office. Also, director/writer Paul Schrader (TAXI DRIVER, RAGING BULL) commented on FOLIE A DEUX, “I saw about 10 or 15 minutes of it. I left, bought something, came back, saw another 10 minutes. That was enough.”
Schrader then commented on stars Joaquin Phoenix and Lady Gaga, “I don’t like either of those people. I don’t like them as actors. I don’t like them as characters. I don’t like the whole thing. I mean, those are people who, if they came to your house, you’d slip out the back door.”

JOKER-1-FOTOR.jpg

CAPTAIN AMERICA: BRAVE NEW WORLD---Harrison Ford plays General Ross/Red Hulk in BRAVE NEW WORLD and commented on Quentin Tarantino claiming Marvel movies are leading to the demise of Hollywood movie stars, “Oh, I think it’s rubbish. I don’t think the question is whether or not there are any movie stars. There’s wonderful actors coming up every day. Whether or not they become movie stars is really not the point.
If movies need stars, they will find them. I’ve never f—ing understood being a movie star. I’m an actor. I tell stories. I’m part of a group of people who work together, collaborate on telling stories. I’m an assistant storyteller. That’s what I am.”
Ford also commented on actors who refuse to appear in Marvel movies because it is beneath them, “I mean, this is the Marvel universe and I’m just there on a weekend pass. I’m a sailor new to this town. I understand the appeal of other kinds of films besides the kind we made in the ’80s and ’90s.
I don’t have anything general to say about it. It’s the condition our condition is in, and things change and morph and go on. We’re silly if we sit around regretting the change and don’t participate.
I’m participating in a new part of the business that, for me at least, I think is really producing some good experiences for an audience. I enjoy that.”

CAPTAIN-AMERICA-FOTOR.jpg

SONG SUNG BLUE---Hugh Jackman and Kate Hudson will star in the movie whose synopsis says, “Based on a true story, two down-on-their-luck musicians (Jackman and Kate) form a joyous Neil Diamond tribute band, proving it’s never too late to find love and follow your dreams.”

MASERATI: THE BROTHERS---Anthony Hopkins will co-star in the movie about the Italian sports car racing family. Hopkins will play the financier who funded the Maserati brothers in their early race efforts.

SLOW HORSES---Apple TV+ renewed the series for Season 6. The synopsis says, “Season six sees the Slow Horses on the run as Diana Taverner embroils them all in a fatally high-stakes game of retaliation and revenge.”

UAP---Joel Courtney (KISSING BOOTH), Celeste O'Connor (GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE) will star in the sci fi movie about childhood friends reuniting at a vacation house when a UAP (Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena) crashes nearby.

TRIVIA---John Carpenter was writing the screenplay for ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK and was unable to come with the perfect name for the movie's hero. A friend of a friend suggested Carpenter's high school classmate named Plissken who was nicknamed "Snake" because he had a big snake tattoo on his abdomen and he was "sort of a tough guy".
Carpenter explained, "Anybody with a snake tattooed on them some place ... that's my kinda hero."

ESCAPE-FROM-NEW-YORK-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 16

CARRY-ON---trailer released for the Netflix thriller movie starring Taron Egerton.

LINK:

THE LEGEND OF OCHI---trailer released for the fantasy movie starring Willem Dafoe.

LINK:

BLUE THUNDER---a rumor claims Christopher Nolan's next movie starring Matt Damon will be inspired by the 1983 movie BLUE THUNDER which starred Roy Scheider and Malcolm McDowell. Nolan's movie is not a remake of BLUE THUNDER, but it will have a similar plot in which terrorists pursue the prototype of an advanced attack helicopter flown by the New York Police Department's Aviation Unit. The rumor claims Nolan has been in contact with the NYPD Aviation Unit and has sent high quality copies of BLUE THUNDER to movie crew members instead of a script to illustrate the concept.

BLUE-THUNDER-FOTOR.jpg

THE GORGE---poster released for the Scott Derrickson/Apple TV+ monster movie in which two rival snipers, an American and a Lithuanian, are assigned to guard a top secret gorge and are forced to team up when they discover the gorge contains deadly entities. Miles Teller, Anya Taylor-Joy and Sigourney Weaver star.

THE-GORGE-FOTOR.jpg

THE FANTASTIC FOUR: FIRST STEPS---set photo shows Joseph Quinn as the Human Torch.

FANTASTIC-FOUR-1-B-FOTOR.jpg

MARY---photo and synopsis released for the Netflix movie starring Noa Cohen and Anthony Hopkins about Mary of Nazareth, "Through Mary’s eyes, this coming-of-age biblical epic tells the story of one of history’s most profound figures and the remarkable journey that led to the birth of Jesus. Chosen to bring the Messiah into the world, Mary (Noa Cohen) is shunned following a miraculous conception and forced into hiding. When King Herod (Anthony Hopkins) orders a murderous hunt for her newborn baby, Mary and Joseph (Ido Tako), go on the run – bound by faith and driven by courage – to save his life at all costs."

MARY-FOTOR.jpg

CHRISTY MARTIN---photo released of Sydney Sweeney starring in the biomovie about Christy Martin, the most successful female boxer of the 1990s.

CHRISTY-MARTIN-FOTOR.jpg

FAIRY TALE---Paul Greengrass is the writer/director of the 10-part miniseries based on the Stephen King fantasy novel.

TRIVIA---Al Pacino, in his new autobiography SONNY BOY, said he appeared in Adam Sandler's JACK AND JILL because his crooked accountant lost his money in a Ponzi scheme, “I was broke. I had $50 million, and then I had nothing. I had property, but I didn’t have any money...JACK AND JILL was the first film I made after I lost my money. To be honest, I did it because I didn’t have anything else. Adam Sandler wanted me, and they paid me a lot for it. So I went out and did it, and it helped. I love Adam, he was wonderful to work with and has become a dear friend. He also just happens to be a great actor and a hell of a guy.”

JACK-AND-JILL-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 17

THE ELECTRIC STATE---trailer released for the Netflix sci fi movie starring Millie Bobby Brown and Chris Pratt.

LINK:

THE CREEP TAPES---trailer released for the Shudder found footage horror tv series.

LINK:

CHRISTOPHER NOLAN---after rumors of Christopher Nolan's next movie would be a remake of the classic Patrick McGoohan tv series THE PRISONER, a sci fi movie or a movie inspired by the advanced helicopter movie BLUE THUNDER starring Roy Scheider, VARIETY reported Nolan's next movie will be an espionage thriller, "Sources say Nolan’s latest isn’t another sci-fi epic; some speculate that it may be in the espionage genre. That’s not a surprise given that Nolan flirted with making a Bond film at one point."

CHRISTOPHER-NOLAN-FOTOR.jpg

SUPERMAN---James Gunn replied to fan questions after he posted a photo of Superman with his dog Krypto in which fans wanted to know why Krypto is not a labrador as in the comic book, “Krypto arrives on screens in Superman this summer. Krypto was inspired by our dog Ozu, who we adopted shortly after I started writing Superman. Ozu, who came from a hoarding situation in a backyard with 60 other dogs & never knew human beings, was problematic to say the least. He immediately came in & destroyed our home, our shoes, our furniture – he even ate my laptop. It took a long time before he would even let us touch him. I remember thinking, ‘Gosh, how difficult would life be if Ozu had superpowers?’- and thus Krypto came into the script & changed the shape of the story as Ozu was changing my life. What better time to debut the not-so-good-good-boy Krypto than AdoptaShelterDog month. Btw, Ozu today, is, fairly often, a very good boy.”

SUPERMAN-FOTOR.jpg

MR. IRRELEVANT---David Corenswet (SUPERMAN) will star in the biomovie about John Tuggle, the last played picked in the 1983 NFL draft by the New York Giants and surprisingly made the team only to later die of cancer.

GODZILLA MINUS ONE---to celebrate Godzilla's 70th anniversary, the Academy Award-winning movie will return to AMC Theatres on November 1 with 13 minutes of new bonus content.

SPIDER-MAN 4---Tom Holland commented on the status of the sequel, “It needs work, but the writers are doing a great job. I read it three weeks ago, and it really lit a fire in me. Zendaya and I sat down, read it together and we at times were bouncing around the living room.”

BALLERINA---after sources claimed Chad Stahelski reshot large parts of the JOHN WICK spinoff movie without director Len Wiseman being present, another source connected directly to BALLERINA denied the original claim and added that Wiseman led the reshots with Stahelski.

SCRUBS---creator Bill Lawrence commented on the status of the reboot of the comedy tv series, “I think it’s getting really close to being figured out, and I think in a good way. Big chunks of the creative team behind the camera, and most of it from in front of the camera, are all super invested and excited, so very close.”
He added, “We’ve been talking about a lot, and I think the only real reason to do it is a combo. A: people wanting to see what the world of medicine was like for the people they love, which is part of any successful reboot. But B: I think that show always worked because you get to see young people dropped into the world of medicine, knowing young people that go there are super idealistic and are doing it because it’s a calling. There’s no cliché ‘rich doctors playing golf’ — that’s not what it is anymore. So I think that, no matter what it is, it would be a giant mistake not to do as a combo of those two things.”

TRIVIA---BACK TO THE FUTURE co-star Lea Thompson commented on Michael J. Fox, who starred on FAMILY TIES, after he was signed to replace Eric Stoltz, “I remember specifically being really snooty because there was a big division between movie stars and TV stars at that point. I remember being like, ‘He’s just a TV star and I’m a movie star — I was in JAWS 3-D.' So I think it took me a while to warm up to him.”
Fox won three Emmy Awards for starring in FAMILY TIES and JAWS 3-D was nominated for five Golden Raspberry Awards including Worst Picture.

Lea Thompson and Michael J. Fox starred in BACK TO THE FUTURE.

BACK-TO-THE-FUTURE-FOTOR.jpg

Michael J. Fox starred on FAMILY TIES and won five Emmy Awards.

BACK-TO-THE-FUTURE-FAMILY-TIES-1-FOTOR.jpg

Lea Thompson co-starred in JAWS 3-D which was nominated for five Golden Raspberry Awards including Worst Picture.

BACK-TO-THE-FUTURE-JAWS-2-B-FOTOR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back