Movie/TV News (2 Viewers)

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 12

DEXTER: ORIGINAL SIN---trailer released for the Paramount+ prequel series.

LINK:

VENOM: LAST DANCE---trailer released for the sequel.

LINK:

CITADEL: DIANA---trailer released for the Amazon Prime spinoff series.

LINK:

GAME OF THRONES---George RR Martin commented on the spinoff A KNIGHT OF THE SEVEN KINGDOMS, “I visited the set in Northern Ireland in July and loved what I saw. Great cast. [The lead characters] Dunk and Egg look as if they walked out of the pages of my book. My readers are going to love them. I certainly do. [Showrunner Ira Parker] is doing a great job.”

ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY---Tyburn Film Productions filed a lawsuit against Walt Disney in which it claimed Lucasfilm used Peter Cushing's CGI likeness in ROGUE ONE without permission which violated a contract Tyburn signed with Cushing in 1994. Lucasfilm has stated it did not need permission because it has rights to Cushing and his likeness from the original STAR WARS.

ROGUE-ONE-FOTOR.jpg

OBI-WAN KENOBI---Ewan McGregor said he wants to return for a sequel to the Disney+ miniseries, “I really do hope we get a chance to do another one. Between where we ended off in the series and when Alec Guinness comes on screen with Luke Skywalker, I think there’s another few stories to tell in there.”
Hayden Christensen added, “If it means that I got to do more with Ewan, then that’s a no-brainer, but I really hope that he continues with the character. Just as a fan, it’s so exciting to get to watch him play Obi-Wan – he’s just so good at it.”

RED SONJA---remake photo released of Matilda Lutz in blood-splattered bikini armor.

RED-SONJA-3-FOTOR.jpg

BORDERLANDS---the movie finished its theatrical run earning only $31 million worldwide. The movie's budget is estimated to be as much as $120 million and another $30 million in advertising.

COLA WARS---Judd Apatow will direct the Sony Pictures movie about Pepsi's attempt to dethrone Coca-Colas as the top soft drink. Steven Spielberg is the producer.

THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR---Michael B. Jordan is the star/director of the second remake of the 1968 movie that starred Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway.

PRESSURE---Damien Lewis will play British Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery and Chris Messina will play US meteorologist Irving P. Krick in the movie about British Chief Meteorology Officer James Stagg and the D-Day invasion. Andrew Scott and Brendan Fraser also star.

TRIVIA---child actor John Gilchrist was three years old in 1972 when he played Mikey in the Clio Award-winning Life cereal tv commercial that ran for over 12 years. An urban legend claimed that John died after consuming Pop Rocks and Diet Coke which caused a fatal stomach rupture. John's mother once got a phone call from a woman who offered her condolences, so his mother replied, "He just came home from school!"
Gilchrist is very much alive and is currently the media sales director for the MSG Network, but he does not remember filming the Life commercial that made him famous.

LIFE LINK:

LIFE-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 13

SALEM'S LOT---trailer released for the Max vampire movie based on the Stephen King novel.

LINK:

THE FOREST HILLS---trailer released for the horror movie which features Shelley Duvall in her last role.

LINK:

SEVEN CEMETERIES---trailer released for the Danny Trejo horror movie.

LINK:

KILLER HEAT---trailer released for the movie starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Shailene Woodley.

LINK:

LONELY PLANET---trailer released for the Netflix movie starring Laura Dern and Liam Hemsworth.

LINK:

CONSTANTINE 2---producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura said Akiva Goldsman's sequel script for the 2005 Keanu Reeves horror movie is finished, “You know it’s in my inbox right now. Funny enough, I’m too scared to read it, though. I want it to be good so bad. I probably read it in the next few days. When I get on an airplane.”

CONSTANTINE-1-FOTOR.jpg

BLACK PHONE 2---Demian Bichir will co-star with Ethan Hawke and the rest of the original main cast, in the sequel to the 2021 horror movie. Director/co-writer Scott Derrickson is also returning.

DUNE: PROPHECY---star Emily Watson commented on the HBO spinoff tv series, “It’s a very interesting palette because it’s not childish… it’s not like STAR WARS. It has a moral complexity, which is interesting.”

THUMBLITE---Rosamund Pike will star in the Netflix Silicon Valley thriller tv series whose synopsis says, “The series examines the schemes, rivalries, visions, and obsessions of the power brokers and their underlings as they vie for control of the most powerful industry the world has ever known."

THE CHAIR COMPANY---Tim Robinson will star in the HBO comedy tv series whose synopsis says, “After an embarrassing incident at work, a man (Robinson) finds himself investigating a far-reaching conspiracy.”

SHOUT IT OUT LOUD---McG is in negotiations to direct the KISS biomovie.

TRIVIA---when Al Lewis played Grandpa on THE MUNSTERS, he often met with runaway kids. One of them was future cult leader and mass murderer Charles Manson. Lewis said, "Every Friday I used have about fifty, sixty kids who would wait for me on Sunset Boulevard, and I'd take them all to dinner. All runaways.
That's how I met Charlie Manson. He wanted to be in the music business. He babysat my three kids. He didn't chop no heads off, he was very nice with me. I met him in front of the Whiskey-A-Go-Go on Sunset Boulevard. He sat for four or five hours, he amused the kids, he brought the guitar and he played, no big deal, no sweat."

MUNSTERS-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

MUNSTERS-CHARLES-MANSON-2-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 16

TAKE COVER---trailer released for the sniper movie starring Scott Adkins and Alice Eve.

LINK:

GOONIES 2---Sean Astin posted his wish to Steven Spielberg for a sequel to the 1985 movie and a self-created poster with the comment, "It's our time. C'mon Steven...".
However, co-star Corey Feldman commented on sequel rumors, “2’SDAY, IS #GOONIES2 REAL?! EVERY1 IS ASKING…I CAN OFFICIALLY TELL U 100% NO! I HAV NO INFO THAT A SEQUEL IS IN THE WORX”. Martha Plimpton added, “People, there is no Goonies 2 script, there is no one ‘attached’, Spielberg is not directing, it’s not real.”

GOONIES-FOTOR.jpg

IN ARABIA---director Roland Emmerich (INDEPENDENCE DAY) and writer Anthony McCarten (BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY) are developing a "three-season prestige TV series" based on the classic 1962 LAWRENCE OF ARABIA which starred Peter O'Toole.

IN-ARABIA-FOTOR.jpg

ALIEN: EARTH---Noah Hawley commented on the FX sci fi horror tv series, “It’s an epic production, and what I can say is, there’s something about seeing a Xenomorph in the wilds of Earth with your own eyes that is truly chilling, to think of it moving here among us. And so I can’t tell you under what circumstances you’ll see that, but you’ll see it — and you’re going to lock your door that night.”
He added, “What was really fun for me was to really engage with the creature, bring some of my own thoughts to its design while not touching the silhouette, because that’s sacrosanct. But some of the elements as we know, whatever the host is, informs what the final creature is, and so I just wanted to play around a little bit to make it as scary as I thought it could be.”

AMERICAN SPEED---Austin Butler and Tom Holland will star in the movie based on the true story of Indy 500 race car drivers and brothers, Don and Bill Whittington, who financed their sports car racing through drug smuggling.

SUPERGIRL: WOMAN OF TOMORROW---Matthias Schoenaerts is in talks to play the main villain Krem.

SEPTEMBER 5---Peter Sarsgaard stars in the movie about ABC Sports's live coverage of the 1972 Munich Olympics terrorist attack.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR: FIRST STEPS---Ebon Moss-Bachrach commented on playing The Thing after set photos showed The Thing costume, "I’m doing a lot of motion capture on [FIRST STEPS]. So for maximum-data facial capture, I have to be clean-shaven. They got so many amazing animators working on it, literally hundreds of people working on it. We’ve been shooting for about six weeks, and I haven’t been able to see anything yet. I don’t know exactly what the lead time is. I’m very excited to see something.”

GAME OF THRONES---Peter Dinklage defended the much-criticized series finale, “Again, just my opinion. I like the finale! You don’t have to agree with me. How about if I said like, “Yeah, I agree. I hated the finale. The whole last season was horrible”? I mean, that would sit much worse than if I said I loved it, which I did. I can’t speak for anybody else’s opinion, and that’s what makes what we do fun, because everybody does have a difference of opinion and everybody gets to write about it and chat about it and drink over it and argue about it. It’s great. I mean, I think it means you’re doing something right. It’s like an old Irish way of looking at the world. There’s something wrong if everything’s OK.”

THE MARVELS---Kelsey Grammer commented on if he will return as Dr. Hank McCoy/Breast after his cameo in THE MARVELS, “There’s nothing I can talk about. What I do know is that there was a huge sort of outburst when I showed up at the end of THE MARVELS, I guess it was. The response was really almost… it wasn’t unexpected. There’d be some response, but it was pretty overwhelming, and so… there are some conversations.”

EMILY IN PARIS---Netflix renewed the series for Season 5.

TRIVIA---in Peter Jackson's KING KONG, Jack Driscoll (Adrien Brody) is on the steamship SS Venture on its way to Skull Island and is shown his quarters which includes cages containing captured animals. One cage is labelled "SUMATRAN RAT MONKEY" with the warning "BEWARE THE BITE" which is a tribute to Jackson's 1992 cult classic zombie movie BRAINDEAD in which a captured Sumatran Rat Monkey from Skull Island (Jackson's tribute to the 1933 KING KONG) is put in a New Zealand zoo and bites a woman which begins a zombie plague.

In Peter Jackson's KING KONG, Jack Driscoll (Adrien Brody) is on the steamship SS Venture on its way to Skull Island and is shown his quarters which includes cages containing captured animals. One cage is labelled "Sumatran Rat Monkey" with the warning "Beware the Bite".

KING-KONG-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

The cage is labelled "SUMATRAN RAT MONKEY" with the warning "BEWARE THE BITE" which is a tribute to Jackson's 1992 cult classic zombie movie BRAINDEAD in which a captured Sumatran Rat Monkey from Skull Island (Jackson's tribute to the 1933 KING KONG) is put in a New Zealand zoo and bites a woman which begins a zombie plague.

KING-KONG-SUMATRAN-RAT-MONKEY-2-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17

BROTHERS---trailer released for the Amazon Prime comedy heist movie starring Josh Brolin, Peter Dinklage, Brendan Fraser, Glenn Close and Marisa Tomei.

LINK:

WOMAN OF THE HOUR---trailer released for the Netflix movie based on the true story of a THE DATING GAME woman who chose to date a serial killer.

LINK:

CLASSIFIED---trailer released for the assassin movie starring Aaron Eckhart.

LINK:

SHOGUN---FX head John Landgraf commented on Season 2 after the original series won a record 18 Emmy Awards, "We’re moving forward. Scripts are coming in, outlines are coming in, we’re trying to figure out where we’re going to shoot it, whether we’re going to shoot in the exact same manner and place we did before or whether we’re going to make some changes."
He also commented on if Season 2 and 3 will be shot together, "No, they’re separate narratives. They’re all part of one continuous narrative, with, with continuing characters, but they’re separate narratives. I don’t know that we’re certain there will three seasons, but in really looking at the characters in the history that’s being depicted here, albeit in a fictionalized manner, it still feels to us like three is the right number of seasons to really do it justice."

SHOGUN-FOTOR.jpg

LAST TRAIN TO HIROSHIMA---James Cameron will develop a movie based on the novel LAST TRAIN TO HIROSHIMA and its upcoming sequel, GHOSTS OF HIROSHIMA. The plot is described as, "The film focuses in part on the true story of a Japanese man during World War II who survived the atomic blast at Hiroshima, got on a train to Nagasaki, and then survived the nuclear explosion in that city.”

GHOSTS-OF-HIROSHIMA-FOTOR.jpg

ONSLAUGHT---Adria Arjona (ANDOR) is in negotiations to star in the Adam Wingard sci fi movie about a mother who must protect her family from a horror that escaped from a secret military base.

MONSTER---the Netflix Season 3 crime anthology tv series will star Charlie Hunnam as serial killer Ed Gein who was the inspiration for Norman Bates in PSYCHO, Buffalo Bill in THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, and Leatherface in TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE.

TIME BANDITS---Apple TV+ cancelled the series.

THE JOY LUCK CLUB 2---co-star Rosalind Chao confirmed the sequel to the 1993 movie based on the novel is underway, “The girls are all having a quick zoom Tuesday night to discuss. There’s a script. I cried when I read the script."

TRIVIA---Stuart Margolin is best known for co-starring on THE ROCKFORD FILES as Angel, private detective Jim Rockford's ex-jailmate and friend. Margolin and his stepson, Max Martini, both played GIs in two World War II movies set in 1944 France. Margolin played Private "Little Joe" in KELLY'S HEROES (Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas, Donald Sutherland), and Martini played Corporal Henderson in SAVING PRIVATE RYAN (Tom Hanks, Matt Damon).

Stuart Margolin is best known for co-starring on THE ROCKFORD FILES as Angel, private detective Jim Rockford's ex-jailmate and friend. Margolin and his stepson, Max Martini, both played GIs in two World War II movies set in 1944 France.

KELLYS-HEROES-ROCKFORD-FILES-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

Margolin played Private "Little Joe" in KELLY'S HEROES (Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas, Donald Sutherland).

KELLYS-HEROES-STUART-MARGOLIN-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

Martini played Corporal Henderson in SAVING PRIVATE RYAN (Tom Hanks, Matt Damon).

KELLYS-HEROES-MAX-MARTINI-1-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18

MICKEY 17---trailer released for the Bong Joon-ho comedy sci fi movie starring Robert Pattinson.

LINK:

GUNDAM: REQUIEM FOR VENGEANCE---trailer released for the Netflix all-CGI tv series.

LINK:

GLOWZIES---trailer released for the comedy zombie movie starring James Remar and Michael Dorn.

LINK:

SPIN THE BOTTLE---trailer released for the horror movie starring Justin Long.

LINK:

STAR WARS: SKELETON CREW---photos released from the Disney+ tv series starring Jude Law.

STAR-WARS-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

STAR-WARS-2-FOTOR-2.jpg

THE ELECTRIC STATE---the Russo Brothers/Netflix movie starring Millie Bobby Brown, Chris Pratt and Ke Huy Quan and based on the graphic novel has received a PG-13 rating. The synopsis says, "In late 1997, a runaway teenager and her yellow toy robot travel west through a strange USA, where the ruins of gigantic battle drones litter the countryside heaped together with the discarded trash of a high tech consumerist society in decline. As their car approaches the edge of the continent, the world outside the window seems to be unraveling ever faster as if somewhere beyond the horizon, the hollow core of civilization has finally caved in."

JOAN OF ARC---Baz Luhrmann will direct a Joan of arc biomovie tilted JEHANNE or JEHANNE D'ARC whose plot is described as “the ultimate teenage girl coming of age story, set in the Hundred Years’ War.”

MATCHBOX---John Cena will star in the Mattel Films live-action movie based on the Mattel diecast toy car line.

DOCTOR WHO---Archie Panjabi (THE GOOD WIFE) will play an undisclosed villain in Season 15.

AMERICAN LOVE STORY---the latest series in the FX anthology series will feature the love story between John F. Kennedy, Jr. and Carolyn Bessette.

TRIVIA---THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "The Invaders" is considered to be one of the show's the best episodes and focuses on an old woman (Agnes Moorehead) who lives alone in a remote cabin when a small flying saucer and its tiny occupants land on her roof. The episode was one of 16 THE TWILIGHT ZONE episodes written by Richard Matheson. However, Matheson did not like how it turned out, "I never liked it. I don't like it today. For one thing, I think it's incredibly slow-moving. My script had twice as much incident as they used in the final version; it moved like a shot. The teaser alone, of the woman cutting vegetables and then hearing the noise, it seems like it takes her forever to get up to the roof"
He added, "Also, I thought those little roly-poly dolls were ridiculous looking. The way I had written it, you would only catch very quick views of them and never anything clear. To see those little things waddling across the floor was about as frightening as Peter Rabbit coming at you."
The episode was directed by Douglas Heyes, who designed the "roly-poly dolls", and his hand is inside moving the hand puppets.

TWILIGHT-ZONE-3-B-FOTOR.jpg

TWILIGHT-ZONE-1-FOTOR.jpg

TWILIGHT-ZONE-4-FOTOR.jpg

TWILIGHT-ZONE-5-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 19

JOKER: FOLIE A DEUX---new trailer released for the sequel.

LINK:

BLITZ---trailer released for the World War II movie starring Saoirse Ronan.

LINK:

BOOKWORM---trailer released for the comedy movie starring Elijah Wood.

LINK:

THE PLATFORM 2---trailer released for the Netflix sequel.

LINK:

FRANKENSTEIN---photo released of Oscar Isaac as Victor Frankenstein on the Edinburgh film set of the Guillermo del Toro movie.

FRANKENSTEIN-FOTOR.jpg

CLUE---Zach Cregger (BARBARIANS) is in talks to direct the remake of the 1985 murder mystery movie that starred Tim Curry, Christopher Lloyd, Madeline Kahn and Eileen Brennan.

CLUE-2-FOTOR.jpg

SCARPETTA---Nicole Kidman, Jamie Lee Curtis, Bobby Cannevale and Simon Baker will star in the Amazon Prime tv series based on the Kay Scarpetta crime novels.

JURASSIC WORLD: REBIRTH---Joel McHale commented on rumors that he will co-star with Scarlett Johansson in the reboot movie, "If you know something, that would be great. Because I don’t know anything. I know nothing! I don’t know; no one’s asked me. My 16-year-old was making fun of me. He was like, ‘Hey Dad, I heard you’re gonna be in Jurassic World . Boy, how wrong are they, huh?’ And I was like, ‘Okay, kid...’ No, I have not heard — no, I don’t know where that started."

ORPHAN BLACK: ECHOES---AMC cancelled the series.

ONE PIECE---Season 2 cast additions include Joe Manganiello as villain Mr. O/Crocodile and Lera Abova as Miss All Sunday/Nico Robin.

TRIVIA---before Grace Lee Whitney became famous as Yeoman Janice Rand in STAR TREK, she appeared as Rosella, a member of Marilyn Monroe's all-girl band in SOME LIKE IT HOT. Her line in the upper berth scene with Jack Lemmon was, "Anyone for salamie?"

GRACE-LEE-WHITNEY-STAR-TREK-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

GRACE-LEE-WHITNEY-SOME-LIKE-IT-HOT-2-B-FOTOR.jpg

GRACE-LEE-WHITNEY-SOME-LIKE-IT-HOT-3-B-FOTOR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back