Movie/TV News (3 Viewers)

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 12

DEXTER: ORIGINAL SIN---trailer released for the Paramount+ prequel series.

LINK:

VENOM: LAST DANCE---trailer released for the sequel.

LINK:

CITADEL: DIANA---trailer released for the Amazon Prime spinoff series.

LINK:

GAME OF THRONES---George RR Martin commented on the spinoff A KNIGHT OF THE SEVEN KINGDOMS, “I visited the set in Northern Ireland in July and loved what I saw. Great cast. [The lead characters] Dunk and Egg look as if they walked out of the pages of my book. My readers are going to love them. I certainly do. [Showrunner Ira Parker] is doing a great job.”

ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY---Tyburn Film Productions filed a lawsuit against Walt Disney in which it claimed Lucasfilm used Peter Cushing's CGI likeness in ROGUE ONE without permission which violated a contract Tyburn signed with Cushing in 1994. Lucasfilm has stated it did not need permission because it has rights to Cushing and his likeness from the original STAR WARS.

ROGUE-ONE-FOTOR.jpg

OBI-WAN KENOBI---Ewan McGregor said he wants to return for a sequel to the Disney+ miniseries, “I really do hope we get a chance to do another one. Between where we ended off in the series and when Alec Guinness comes on screen with Luke Skywalker, I think there’s another few stories to tell in there.”
Hayden Christensen added, “If it means that I got to do more with Ewan, then that’s a no-brainer, but I really hope that he continues with the character. Just as a fan, it’s so exciting to get to watch him play Obi-Wan – he’s just so good at it.”

RED SONJA---remake photo released of Matilda Lutz in blood-splattered bikini armor.

RED-SONJA-3-FOTOR.jpg

BORDERLANDS---the movie finished its theatrical run earning only $31 million worldwide. The movie's budget is estimated to be as much as $120 million and another $30 million in advertising.

COLA WARS---Judd Apatow will direct the Sony Pictures movie about Pepsi's attempt to dethrone Coca-Colas as the top soft drink. Steven Spielberg is the producer.

THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR---Michael B. Jordan is the star/director of the second remake of the 1968 movie that starred Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway.

PRESSURE---Damien Lewis will play British Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery and Chris Messina will play US meteorologist Irving P. Krick in the movie about British Chief Meteorology Officer James Stagg and the D-Day invasion. Andrew Scott and Brendan Fraser also star.

TRIVIA---child actor John Gilchrist was three years old in 1972 when he played Mikey in the Clio Award-winning Life cereal tv commercial that ran for over 12 years. An urban legend claimed that John died after consuming Pop Rocks and Diet Coke which caused a fatal stomach rupture. John's mother once got a phone call from a woman who offered her condolences, so his mother replied, "He just came home from school!"
Gilchrist is very much alive and is currently the media sales director for the MSG Network, but he does not remember filming the Life commercial that made him famous.

LIFE LINK:

LIFE-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 13

SALEM'S LOT---trailer released for the Max vampire movie based on the Stephen King novel.

LINK:

THE FOREST HILLS---trailer released for the horror movie which features Shelley Duvall in her last role.

LINK:

SEVEN CEMETERIES---trailer released for the Danny Trejo horror movie.

LINK:

KILLER HEAT---trailer released for the movie starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Shailene Woodley.

LINK:

LONELY PLANET---trailer released for the Netflix movie starring Laura Dern and Liam Hemsworth.

LINK:

CONSTANTINE 2---producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura said Akiva Goldsman's sequel script for the 2005 Keanu Reeves horror movie is finished, “You know it’s in my inbox right now. Funny enough, I’m too scared to read it, though. I want it to be good so bad. I probably read it in the next few days. When I get on an airplane.”

CONSTANTINE-1-FOTOR.jpg

BLACK PHONE 2---Demian Bichir will co-star with Ethan Hawke and the rest of the original main cast, in the sequel to the 2021 horror movie. Director/co-writer Scott Derrickson is also returning.

DUNE: PROPHECY---star Emily Watson commented on the HBO spinoff tv series, “It’s a very interesting palette because it’s not childish… it’s not like STAR WARS. It has a moral complexity, which is interesting.”

THUMBLITE---Rosamund Pike will star in the Netflix Silicon Valley thriller tv series whose synopsis says, “The series examines the schemes, rivalries, visions, and obsessions of the power brokers and their underlings as they vie for control of the most powerful industry the world has ever known."

THE CHAIR COMPANY---Tim Robinson will star in the HBO comedy tv series whose synopsis says, “After an embarrassing incident at work, a man (Robinson) finds himself investigating a far-reaching conspiracy.”

SHOUT IT OUT LOUD---McG is in negotiations to direct the KISS biomovie.

TRIVIA---when Al Lewis played Grandpa on THE MUNSTERS, he often met with runaway kids. One of them was future cult leader and mass murderer Charles Manson. Lewis said, "Every Friday I used have about fifty, sixty kids who would wait for me on Sunset Boulevard, and I'd take them all to dinner. All runaways.
That's how I met Charlie Manson. He wanted to be in the music business. He babysat my three kids. He didn't chop no heads off, he was very nice with me. I met him in front of the Whiskey-A-Go-Go on Sunset Boulevard. He sat for four or five hours, he amused the kids, he brought the guitar and he played, no big deal, no sweat."

MUNSTERS-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

MUNSTERS-CHARLES-MANSON-2-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 16

TAKE COVER---trailer released for the sniper movie starring Scott Adkins and Alice Eve.

LINK:

GOONIES 2---Sean Astin posted his wish to Steven Spielberg for a sequel to the 1985 movie and a self-created poster with the comment, "It's our time. C'mon Steven...".
However, co-star Corey Feldman commented on sequel rumors, “2’SDAY, IS #GOONIES2 REAL?! EVERY1 IS ASKING…I CAN OFFICIALLY TELL U 100% NO! I HAV NO INFO THAT A SEQUEL IS IN THE WORX”. Martha Plimpton added, “People, there is no Goonies 2 script, there is no one ‘attached’, Spielberg is not directing, it’s not real.”

GOONIES-FOTOR.jpg

IN ARABIA---director Roland Emmerich (INDEPENDENCE DAY) and writer Anthony McCarten (BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY) are developing a "three-season prestige TV series" based on the classic 1962 LAWRENCE OF ARABIA which starred Peter O'Toole.

IN-ARABIA-FOTOR.jpg

ALIEN: EARTH---Noah Hawley commented on the FX sci fi horror tv series, “It’s an epic production, and what I can say is, there’s something about seeing a Xenomorph in the wilds of Earth with your own eyes that is truly chilling, to think of it moving here among us. And so I can’t tell you under what circumstances you’ll see that, but you’ll see it — and you’re going to lock your door that night.”
He added, “What was really fun for me was to really engage with the creature, bring some of my own thoughts to its design while not touching the silhouette, because that’s sacrosanct. But some of the elements as we know, whatever the host is, informs what the final creature is, and so I just wanted to play around a little bit to make it as scary as I thought it could be.”

AMERICAN SPEED---Austin Butler and Tom Holland will star in the movie based on the true story of Indy 500 race car drivers and brothers, Don and Bill Whittington, who financed their sports car racing through drug smuggling.

SUPERGIRL: WOMAN OF TOMORROW---Matthias Schoenaerts is in talks to play the main villain Krem.

SEPTEMBER 5---Peter Sarsgaard stars in the movie about ABC Sports's live coverage of the 1972 Munich Olympics terrorist attack.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR: FIRST STEPS---Ebon Moss-Bachrach commented on playing The Thing after set photos showed The Thing costume, "I’m doing a lot of motion capture on [FIRST STEPS]. So for maximum-data facial capture, I have to be clean-shaven. They got so many amazing animators working on it, literally hundreds of people working on it. We’ve been shooting for about six weeks, and I haven’t been able to see anything yet. I don’t know exactly what the lead time is. I’m very excited to see something.”

GAME OF THRONES---Peter Dinklage defended the much-criticized series finale, “Again, just my opinion. I like the finale! You don’t have to agree with me. How about if I said like, “Yeah, I agree. I hated the finale. The whole last season was horrible”? I mean, that would sit much worse than if I said I loved it, which I did. I can’t speak for anybody else’s opinion, and that’s what makes what we do fun, because everybody does have a difference of opinion and everybody gets to write about it and chat about it and drink over it and argue about it. It’s great. I mean, I think it means you’re doing something right. It’s like an old Irish way of looking at the world. There’s something wrong if everything’s OK.”

THE MARVELS---Kelsey Grammer commented on if he will return as Dr. Hank McCoy/Breast after his cameo in THE MARVELS, “There’s nothing I can talk about. What I do know is that there was a huge sort of outburst when I showed up at the end of THE MARVELS, I guess it was. The response was really almost… it wasn’t unexpected. There’d be some response, but it was pretty overwhelming, and so… there are some conversations.”

EMILY IN PARIS---Netflix renewed the series for Season 5.

TRIVIA---in Peter Jackson's KING KONG, Jack Driscoll (Adrien Brody) is on the steamship SS Venture on its way to Skull Island and is shown his quarters which includes cages containing captured animals. One cage is labelled "SUMATRAN RAT MONKEY" with the warning "BEWARE THE BITE" which is a tribute to Jackson's 1992 cult classic zombie movie BRAINDEAD in which a captured Sumatran Rat Monkey from Skull Island (Jackson's tribute to the 1933 KING KONG) is put in a New Zealand zoo and bites a woman which begins a zombie plague.

In Peter Jackson's KING KONG, Jack Driscoll (Adrien Brody) is on the steamship SS Venture on its way to Skull Island and is shown his quarters which includes cages containing captured animals. One cage is labelled "Sumatran Rat Monkey" with the warning "Beware the Bite".

KING-KONG-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

The cage is labelled "SUMATRAN RAT MONKEY" with the warning "BEWARE THE BITE" which is a tribute to Jackson's 1992 cult classic zombie movie BRAINDEAD in which a captured Sumatran Rat Monkey from Skull Island (Jackson's tribute to the 1933 KING KONG) is put in a New Zealand zoo and bites a woman which begins a zombie plague.

KING-KONG-SUMATRAN-RAT-MONKEY-2-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17

BROTHERS---trailer released for the Amazon Prime comedy heist movie starring Josh Brolin, Peter Dinklage, Brendan Fraser, Glenn Close and Marisa Tomei.

LINK:

WOMAN OF THE HOUR---trailer released for the Netflix movie based on the true story of a THE DATING GAME woman who chose to date a serial killer.

LINK:

CLASSIFIED---trailer released for the assassin movie starring Aaron Eckhart.

LINK:

SHOGUN---FX head John Landgraf commented on Season 2 after the original series won a record 18 Emmy Awards, "We’re moving forward. Scripts are coming in, outlines are coming in, we’re trying to figure out where we’re going to shoot it, whether we’re going to shoot in the exact same manner and place we did before or whether we’re going to make some changes."
He also commented on if Season 2 and 3 will be shot together, "No, they’re separate narratives. They’re all part of one continuous narrative, with, with continuing characters, but they’re separate narratives. I don’t know that we’re certain there will three seasons, but in really looking at the characters in the history that’s being depicted here, albeit in a fictionalized manner, it still feels to us like three is the right number of seasons to really do it justice."

SHOGUN-FOTOR.jpg

LAST TRAIN TO HIROSHIMA---James Cameron will develop a movie based on the novel LAST TRAIN TO HIROSHIMA and its upcoming sequel, GHOSTS OF HIROSHIMA. The plot is described as, "The film focuses in part on the true story of a Japanese man during World War II who survived the atomic blast at Hiroshima, got on a train to Nagasaki, and then survived the nuclear explosion in that city.”

GHOSTS-OF-HIROSHIMA-FOTOR.jpg

ONSLAUGHT---Adria Arjona (ANDOR) is in negotiations to star in the Adam Wingard sci fi movie about a mother who must protect her family from a horror that escaped from a secret military base.

MONSTER---the Netflix Season 3 crime anthology tv series will star Charlie Hunnam as serial killer Ed Gein who was the inspiration for Norman Bates in PSYCHO, Buffalo Bill in THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, and Leatherface in TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE.

TIME BANDITS---Apple TV+ cancelled the series.

THE JOY LUCK CLUB 2---co-star Rosalind Chao confirmed the sequel to the 1993 movie based on the novel is underway, “The girls are all having a quick zoom Tuesday night to discuss. There’s a script. I cried when I read the script."

TRIVIA---Stuart Margolin is best known for co-starring on THE ROCKFORD FILES as Angel, private detective Jim Rockford's ex-jailmate and friend. Margolin and his stepson, Max Martini, both played GIs in two World War II movies set in 1944 France. Margolin played Private "Little Joe" in KELLY'S HEROES (Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas, Donald Sutherland), and Martini played Corporal Henderson in SAVING PRIVATE RYAN (Tom Hanks, Matt Damon).

Stuart Margolin is best known for co-starring on THE ROCKFORD FILES as Angel, private detective Jim Rockford's ex-jailmate and friend. Margolin and his stepson, Max Martini, both played GIs in two World War II movies set in 1944 France.

KELLYS-HEROES-ROCKFORD-FILES-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

Margolin played Private "Little Joe" in KELLY'S HEROES (Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas, Donald Sutherland).

KELLYS-HEROES-STUART-MARGOLIN-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

Martini played Corporal Henderson in SAVING PRIVATE RYAN (Tom Hanks, Matt Damon).

KELLYS-HEROES-MAX-MARTINI-1-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18

MICKEY 17---trailer released for the Bong Joon-ho comedy sci fi movie starring Robert Pattinson.

LINK:

GUNDAM: REQUIEM FOR VENGEANCE---trailer released for the Netflix all-CGI tv series.

LINK:

GLOWZIES---trailer released for the comedy zombie movie starring James Remar and Michael Dorn.

LINK:

SPIN THE BOTTLE---trailer released for the horror movie starring Justin Long.

LINK:

STAR WARS: SKELETON CREW---photos released from the Disney+ tv series starring Jude Law.

STAR-WARS-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

STAR-WARS-2-FOTOR-2.jpg

THE ELECTRIC STATE---the Russo Brothers/Netflix movie starring Millie Bobby Brown, Chris Pratt and Ke Huy Quan and based on the graphic novel has received a PG-13 rating. The synopsis says, "In late 1997, a runaway teenager and her yellow toy robot travel west through a strange USA, where the ruins of gigantic battle drones litter the countryside heaped together with the discarded trash of a high tech consumerist society in decline. As their car approaches the edge of the continent, the world outside the window seems to be unraveling ever faster as if somewhere beyond the horizon, the hollow core of civilization has finally caved in."

JOAN OF ARC---Baz Luhrmann will direct a Joan of arc biomovie tilted JEHANNE or JEHANNE D'ARC whose plot is described as “the ultimate teenage girl coming of age story, set in the Hundred Years’ War.”

MATCHBOX---John Cena will star in the Mattel Films live-action movie based on the Mattel diecast toy car line.

DOCTOR WHO---Archie Panjabi (THE GOOD WIFE) will play an undisclosed villain in Season 15.

AMERICAN LOVE STORY---the latest series in the FX anthology series will feature the love story between John F. Kennedy, Jr. and Carolyn Bessette.

TRIVIA---THE TWILIGHT ZONE episode "The Invaders" is considered to be one of the show's the best episodes and focuses on an old woman (Agnes Moorehead) who lives alone in a remote cabin when a small flying saucer and its tiny occupants land on her roof. The episode was one of 16 THE TWILIGHT ZONE episodes written by Richard Matheson. However, Matheson did not like how it turned out, "I never liked it. I don't like it today. For one thing, I think it's incredibly slow-moving. My script had twice as much incident as they used in the final version; it moved like a shot. The teaser alone, of the woman cutting vegetables and then hearing the noise, it seems like it takes her forever to get up to the roof"
He added, "Also, I thought those little roly-poly dolls were ridiculous looking. The way I had written it, you would only catch very quick views of them and never anything clear. To see those little things waddling across the floor was about as frightening as Peter Rabbit coming at you."
The episode was directed by Douglas Heyes, who designed the "roly-poly dolls", and his hand is inside moving the hand puppets.

TWILIGHT-ZONE-3-B-FOTOR.jpg

TWILIGHT-ZONE-1-FOTOR.jpg

TWILIGHT-ZONE-4-FOTOR.jpg

TWILIGHT-ZONE-5-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 19

JOKER: FOLIE A DEUX---new trailer released for the sequel.

LINK:

BLITZ---trailer released for the World War II movie starring Saoirse Ronan.

LINK:

BOOKWORM---trailer released for the comedy movie starring Elijah Wood.

LINK:

THE PLATFORM 2---trailer released for the Netflix sequel.

LINK:

FRANKENSTEIN---photo released of Oscar Isaac as Victor Frankenstein on the Edinburgh film set of the Guillermo del Toro movie.

FRANKENSTEIN-FOTOR.jpg

CLUE---Zach Cregger (BARBARIANS) is in talks to direct the remake of the 1985 murder mystery movie that starred Tim Curry, Christopher Lloyd, Madeline Kahn and Eileen Brennan.

CLUE-2-FOTOR.jpg

SCARPETTA---Nicole Kidman, Jamie Lee Curtis, Bobby Cannevale and Simon Baker will star in the Amazon Prime tv series based on the Kay Scarpetta crime novels.

JURASSIC WORLD: REBIRTH---Joel McHale commented on rumors that he will co-star with Scarlett Johansson in the reboot movie, "If you know something, that would be great. Because I don’t know anything. I know nothing! I don’t know; no one’s asked me. My 16-year-old was making fun of me. He was like, ‘Hey Dad, I heard you’re gonna be in Jurassic World . Boy, how wrong are they, huh?’ And I was like, ‘Okay, kid...’ No, I have not heard — no, I don’t know where that started."

ORPHAN BLACK: ECHOES---AMC cancelled the series.

ONE PIECE---Season 2 cast additions include Joe Manganiello as villain Mr. O/Crocodile and Lera Abova as Miss All Sunday/Nico Robin.

TRIVIA---before Grace Lee Whitney became famous as Yeoman Janice Rand in STAR TREK, she appeared as Rosella, a member of Marilyn Monroe's all-girl band in SOME LIKE IT HOT. Her line in the upper berth scene with Jack Lemmon was, "Anyone for salamie?"

GRACE-LEE-WHITNEY-STAR-TREK-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

GRACE-LEE-WHITNEY-SOME-LIKE-IT-HOT-2-B-FOTOR.jpg

GRACE-LEE-WHITNEY-SOME-LIKE-IT-HOT-3-B-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20

DEN OF THIEVES 2: PANTERA---trailer released for the sequel starring Gerard Butler.

LINK:

SQUID GAME---trailer released for Season 2.

LINK:

TOMB RAIDER: THE LEGEND OF LAURA CROFT----trailer released for the Netflix animated tv series starring Hayley Atwell.

LINK:

HERETIC---trailer released for the thriller movie starring Hugh Grant.

LINK:

LIONESS---trailer released for Season 2.

LINK:

MAGPIE---trailer released for the thriller movie starring Daisy Ridley.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-3XPcvInmE

DON"T MOVIE---trailer released for the thriller movie produced by Sam Raimi.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjTZMEbpKsc

THE TERMINATOR---on the upcoming 40th anniversary of the classic sci fi movie, James Cameron commented on the future of the movie franchise, “It’s more than a plan, that’s what we’re doing. That’s all I’ll say for right now. This is the moment when you jettison everything that is specific to the last 40 years of TERMINATOR, but you live by those principles."
He added, “You’ve got powerless main characters, essentially, fighting for their lives, who get no support from existing power structures, and have to circumvent them but somehow maintain a moral compass. And then you throw AI into the mix. Those principles are sound principles for storytelling today, right? So I have no doubt that subsequent TERMINATOR films will not only be possible, but they’ll kick ass. But this is the moment where you jettison all the specific iconography.“
He said about the original movie, "I look at it now and there are parts of it that are pretty cringeworthy, and parts of it that are like, 'Yeah, we did pretty well for the resources we had available.'"
Cameron also commented on fan criticism of the movie's dialogue, "I don’t cringe on any of the dialogue, but I have a lower cringe factor than, apparently, a lot of people do around the dialogue that I write."

TERMINATOR-FOTOR.jpg

NOSFERATU---poster released for the remake of the 1922 vampire movie.

NOSFERATU-FOTOR.jpg

HAPPY GILMORE 2---photos show Adam Sandler on the sequel film set.

HAPPY-GILMORE-FOTOR.jpg

ZORRO---CBS/Robert Rodriguez female-led tv series whose plot is described as, “In this contemporary take, a young Latinx woman discovers that her long-deceased father was the legendary hero Zorro. She takes on his masked persona to defend the desperate citizens of her Austin, Texas community from the wealthy forces seeking to exploit them.”

TRIVIA---Roger Moore starred in THE MAN WHO HAUNTED HIMSELF in which a man is haunted by a doppelganger after briefly dying in a car wreck while driving on London's M4 motorway near Heathrow Airport. The movie was directed by Basil Dearden, who died a year later when he left Pinewood Studios and his car hit a road sign on the exact same stretch of M4 used in the movie.
THE MAN WHO HAUNTED HIMSELF was Dearden's last movie.

Roger Moore starred in THE MAN WHO HAUNTED HIMSELF in which a man is haunted by a doppelganger after briefly dying in a car wreck while driving on London's M4 motorway near Heathrow Airport.

MAN-WHO-HAUNTED-HIMSELF-ROGER-MOORE-FOTOR.jpg

MAN-WHO-HAUNTED-HIMSELF-CAR-FOTOR.jpg

The movie was directed by Basil Dearden, who died a year later when he left Pinewood Studios and his car hit a road sign on the exact same stretch of M4 used in the movie.

MAN-WHO-HAUNTED-HIMSELF-BASIL-DEARDEN-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 23

THUNDERBOLTS---trailer released for the Marvel superheroes movie.

LINK:

RED ONE---trailer released for the Christmas comedy movie starring Dwayne Johnson and Chris Evans.

LINK:

GLADIATOR II---new trailer released for the sequel. Also, Ridley Scott commented on a possible second sequel, “I’m already playing with the idea of GLADIATOR III. No, seriously. The end of GLADIATOR II evokes that of the GODFATHER, with Michael Corleone who ends up with a job he didn’t want, and who wonders, ‘And now, Father, what am I doing? ‘The next film will therefore speak of a man who does not want to be where he is.”

LINK:

STAR WARS: NEW JEDI ORDER--- a source claims the sequel starring Daisy Ridley is "on hold" while writer Steven Knight continues to work on a script that is approved by Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy.

STAR-WARS-FOTOR.jpg

THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM---poster released for the animated prequel movie.

LORD-OF-RINGS-FOTOR.jpg

GRENDEL---Jeff Bridges, Dave Bautista, Sam Elliott and Bryan Cranston will star in The Jim Henson Company live-action movie based on the John Gardner novel.

GRENDEL-FOTOR.jpg

ARMY OF THE DEAD: LOST VEGAS---producer Deborah Snyder commented on the status of the Netflix animated zombie prequel tv series, “We had some trouble early on with one of the companies we were working with. And that’s kind of why that stalled. Then we kind of put all our effort into this series while that was kind of getting figured out. So I don’t really know what the plans, if there are any, for that to move forward.”

WEEDS---Mary Louise Parker commented on the status of a Showtime revival series, "They don’t want to anymore. So they dragged it out for a really long time. And then I guess they decided, ‘no.’ But everybody in that cast, it was really kind of amazing that everybody at the end of eight years loved each other. And that’s kind of amazing. And I would have loved to have had that again. But oh, well."

TRIVIA---in the remake THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, Liev Schreiber played Congressman/Vice Presidental running mate Raymond Shaw, a former Desert Storm POW, who was brainwashed by the sinister Manchurian Global company to help assassinate the President-elect so Shaw will become President. Pablo Schreiber, Liev's half-brother, played Shaw's fellow soldier Private Eddie Ingram, who was killed by Major Bennett Marco (Denzel Washington) during the brainwashing demonstration.

In the remake THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, Liev Schreiber played Congressman/Vice Presidental running mate Raymond Shaw, a former Desert Storm POW, who was brainwashed by the sinister Manchurian Global company to help assassinate the President-elect so Shaw will become President.

MANCHURIAN-CANDIDATE-LIEV-SCHREIBER-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

Pablo Schreiber, Liev's half-brother, played Shaw's fellow soldier Private Eddie Ingram, who was killed by Major Bennett Marco (Denzel Washington) during the brainwashing demonstration.

MANCHURIAN-CANDIDATE-PABLO-SCHREIBER-2-A-FOTOR-2.jpg

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24

RUMOURS---red band trailer released for the comedy zombie movie starring Cate Blanchett.

LINK:

THE MENENDEZ MURDERS---trailer released for the Netflix true crime documentary movie.

LINK:

LANTERNS---Kyle Chandler is in talks to play Hal Jordan on the HBO/DC Studios superhero live-action tv series.

LANTERNS-FOTOR.jpg

WUTHERING HEIGHTS---Margot Robbie and Jacob Elordi will star in the movie based on the 1847 Emily Bronte novel.

WUTHERING-HEIGHTS-FOTOR.jpg

DUNE: PROPHECY---showrunner Alison Schapker commented on the HBO prequel tv series, “We get to see how it all started. When we meet Valya Harkonnen, she is a girl whose family has experienced a tremendous fall from power and has lost its noble status. She dreams of restoring what she feels is rightfully theirs. How she goes from being someone obsessed with rebuilding her noble house to being someone who is dedicated to the Sisterhood above all is a big part of the story. It’s not a girlhood coming-of-age narrative so much as a woman’s rise to power from a Harkonnen perspective.”

THE PENGUIN---the HBO spinoff's premiere had a hit rating with 5.3 million viewers on all platforms.

MATLOCK---the premiere of the CBS reboot lawyer series starring Kathy Bates had an impressive 7.7 million viewers.

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER---Freddie Prinze, Jr. is returning as Ray Bronson in the fourth movie in the franchise. Jennifer Love Hewitt is in negotiations to also return.

ROBERT DURST---untitled Peacock true crime miniseries underway about serial killer Robert Durst, heir to a New York real estate fortune, who killed his ex-wife, a female friend and a neighbor.

TRIVIA---character actor Ed Bishop had roles in four hit outer space movies and tv series. Bishop appeared in two James Bond movies with outer space plots. In YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, Bishop played NASA Hawaii CapCom. In DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER, Bishop played WW Techtronics, G Section scientist Klaus Hergersheimer. In 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY, Bishop played the Aries 1-B Lunar Shuttle captain. In the cult classic sci fi tv series UFO, Bishop played SHADO Commander Ed Straker.

In YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE, Bishop played NASA Hawaii CapCom.

ED-BISHOP-YOU-ONLY-LIVE-TWICE-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

ED-BISHOP-YOU-ONLY-LIVE-TWICE-SPACESHIPS-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

In DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER, Bishop played WW Techtronics, G Section scientist Klaus Hergersheimer.

ED-BISHOP-DIAMONDS-ARE-FOREVER-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

ED-BISHOP-DIAMONDS-ARE-FOREVER-SATELLITE-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

In the classic 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY, Bishop played the Aries 1-B Lunar Shuttle captain.

ED-BISHOP-2001-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

ED-BISHOP-2001-ARIES-3-A-FOTOR.jpg

In the cult classic sci fi tv series UFO, Bishop played SHADO Commander Ed Straker.

ED-BISHOP-UFO-FOTOR.jpg

ED-BISHOP-UFO-INTERCEPTOR-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25

DISCLAIMER---trailer released for the Apple TV+ miniseries starring Cate Blanchett and based on the novel.

LINK:

CELLAR DOOR---trailer released for the thriller movie starring Jordana Brewster.

LINK:

CROSS---trailer released for the Amazon Prime crime series starring Aldis Hodge and based on the novels.

LINK:

SUPERGIRL: WOMAN OF TOMORROW---Matthias Schoenaerts was confirmed to be the villain Krem of the Yellow Hills.

SUPERGIRL-FOTOR.jpg

JOKER: FOLIE A DEUX---director Todd Phillips commented on the sequel, “For the people that have seen this movie in general … at the end, they sit and they don’t move for about three to five minutes. Then they text me, the ones that know me, or email me and go, ‘I need a minute to process the movie’. I think it’s going to leave you with a very unsettling … I think it’s unsettling. [It] clarifies a lot of things that you might have had questions about in the first movie … I hope it all gets answered.”

THE ELECTRIC STATE---co-producer Angela Russo-Ostot, sister of the Russo Brothers, commented on their sci fi movie starring Chris Pratt and Millie Bobby Brown by saying it is, "...a really interesting exploration of a world where service robots live alongside humans. Within their time performing specific services for humans, the robots start to realize that they may want something more than the purpose they [were made] for, and the humans begin to fear this. So, eventually, a conflict plays out. There’s a war between the humans and the robots, and the humans leverage technology to win, and they take all of the robots and banish them into an exclusion zone in the middle of a desert wasteland in the center of the U.S. But it’s a global conflict as well. So there are other stories and narratives that can play out in different countries around the world, but we witness the U.S. story in this film.”

MARTIN SCORSESE---Martin Scorsese has shelved his Jesus Christ and Frank Sinatra biomovies.

JOHN WICK---Halle Berry commented on a possible Sofia spinoff movie, “Yeah, I wish that would’ve happened, but that’s not the route they went. I thought that would’ve been a cool storyline. We talked about it, that’s for sure. We seeded it in JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3, and we’ve talked about a spinoff with Lionsgate that could potentially happen. We need to do it sooner than later, but that could potentially happen. And I love that universe. I love JOHN WICK and I loved that character, so you never know. We’ll see."

THE GOOD DAUGHTER---Jessica Biel left the Peacock miniseries based on the novel. No reasons for her departure were released.

TRIVIA---Margot Robbie said in the THE WOLF OF WALL STREET sex scene with Jordan Belfort and Naomi Lapaglia, Naomi's dog, Rocky, was reluctant to jump on the bed and try to bite Leonardo DiCaprio. The problem was solved by putting dog food and chicken livers on DiCaprio's feet and between his toes to encourage the canine attack.

WOLF-WALL-STREET-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 26

THE LAST OF US---trailer released for Season 2.

LINK:

MARIA---trailer released for the Netflix Maria Callas biomovie starring Angelina Jolie.

LINK:

NAUTILUS---trailer released for the Australian streamer Stan which will stream the Disney miniseries based on Jules Verne's 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA.

LINK:

CANARY BLACK---trailer released for the spy movie starring Kate Beckinsale.

LINK: LINK:

HAPPY GILMORE 2---Julie Bowen and Christopher McDonald, who co-starred in Adam Sandler's 1996 golf comedy movie, are returning for the sequel. Also, Margaret Qualley, daughter of Andie McDowell, said she has joined the cast, “I saw that there was gonna be a HAPPY GILMORE 2 and I emailed my agents right away and I said, ‘Anything it takes — no part is too small. Please. I gotta be a part of this, I’m begging you. Please. Whatever it takes'”
Qualley said her husband lied about her golfing ability in order to get her in the sequel, but she is really not a good golfer, “What a good husband. And I can’t golf. He lied for the sake of the family… I never golfed a day in my life. I’m terrible, actually.”
She added, “I took some lessons, but mostly, I’m still bad... [HAPPY GILMORE 2 is] the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I’m essentially deep background, but I can die happy now.”

HAPPY-GILMORE-FOTOR-BLACK.jpg

TERMINATOR: DARK FATE---James Cameron said he is partly to blame on why the sequel directed by Tim Miller was a disappointment, “I think the Rev-9 was cool as s***. Personally, I think that’s as good as anything that we did back then. Our problem was not that the film didn’t work. The problem was, people didn’t show up. I’ve owned this to Tim Miller many times. I said, I torpedoed that movie before we ever wrote a word or shot a foot of film’.”
He added, “We achieved our goal. We made a legit sequel to a movie where the people that were actually going to theaters at the time that movie came out are all either dead, retired, crippled, or have dementia. It was a non-starter. There was nothing in the movie for a new audience.”
Cameron concluded, “I think the film’s cracking. I still think mine are the best, but I put it in solid third.”

TERMINATOR-DARK-FATE-FOTOR.jpg

DIDDY---Netflix/Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson untitled docuseries underway about Sean "Diddy" Combs's arrest for sex trafficking, racketeering and allegations of sexual assault.

ROBOCOP---Amazon Prime tv series underway based on the 1987 sci fi movie. James Wan is the producer and Peter Ocko (THE OFFICE) is the writer/showrunner.

THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER---co-star Ismael Cruz Cordova commented on the show's future, "As far as I know, they did kind of confirm that we’re going for a third. I haven’t seen any scripts, though. I would love to. But I’m pretty sure we’re going for a third."

THE DINK---Jake Johnson, Ben Stiller, Ed Harris and Mary Steenburgen will star in the comedy pickleball movie whose synopsis says, “The film follows a washed-up tennis pro (Johnson) who, in trying to save a club in crisis and win his father’s respect, is forced to break a solemn vow and do the one thing he swore he’d never do: play pickleball.”

TRIVIA---in 1975, Universal Pictures planned to make THE LEGEND OF KING KONG, a remake of the original 1933 KING KONG. Two-time Academy Award-winner William Goldman (BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID, ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN) would write the script, Joseph Sargent (THE TAKING OF PELHAM ONE TWO THREE) would be the director and Jim Danforth (WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH) would be the special effects director. However, Universal cancelled the remake when Paramount Pictures/Dino De Laurentiis' 1976 KING KONG was a box office disappointment.
However, Universal never lost interest in a KING KONG remake and later persuaded Peter Jackson to direct the 2005 remake which won three Academy Awards and was among the top five highest-grossing movies of 2005.

Universal Pictures' THE LEGEND OF KING KONG would be written by two-time Academy Award-winner William Goldman (right), but the remake was cancelled when Paramount Pictures/Dino De Laurentiis' 1976 KING KONG was a box office disappointment.

LEGEND-OF-KING-KONG-GOLDMAN-2-FOTOR.jpg

Jim Danforth (WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH) would be the special effects director.

LEGEND-OF-KING-KONG-WHEN-DINOSAURS-RULED-EARTH-FOTOR-2.jpg

Universal never lost interest in a KING KONG remake and later persuaded Peter Jackson to direct the 2005 remake which won three Academy Awards and was among the top five highest-grossing movies of 2005.

LEGEND-OF-KING-KONG-KING-KONG-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27

FROM THE WORLD OF JOHN WICK: BALLERINA---trailer released for the spinoff assassin movie starring Ana de Armas.

LINK:

ELEVATION---trailer released for the sci fi monster movie starring Anthony Mackie and Morena Baccarin.

LINK:

MOANA 2---trailer released for the Disney animated sequel.

LINK:

STAR WARS: THE ACOLYTE---in addition to fan criticism and low ratings, THE ACOLYTE"s huge budget was another reason the tv series was cancelled. Walt Disney's England branch's tax filings show that Lucasfilm's budget for THE ACOLYTE was $231 million which makes it the most expensive STAR WARS tv series. Earlier reports were that the budget was $180 million. Lucasfilm budgets for its STAR WARS series are:

THE ACOLYTE---$231 million
SKELETON CREW---$136 million
THE MANDALORIAN---$120 million
THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT---$105 million
AHSOKA---$100 million
OBI-WAN KENOBI---$90 million

STAR-WARS-ACOLYTE-FOTOR.jpg

STREAMING---Francis Ford Coppola said watching movies in a theater is better than streaming, "Well, streaming is a dumb phrase because all it is, what it really is, we’ve always had – it was called home video. I know a lot about streaming and streaming moves in the direction of a business model where they’re trying to get subscriptions.
To me it’s anti-art. Better that people go to a big theater, not a multiplex, but a real theater and see a movie with 300 people.
Sure, you can review it again at home, by streaming or DVD, however how it’s delivered is not the important thing. It’s the same to see a movie either totally alone or with two or three people.
I still remember going to see THE BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI or LAWRENCE OF ARABIA, I’ll never forget and you can’t have that experience just in your living room. Know who invented streaming? Major League Baseball.”

SUPERMAN---Alan Tudyk joined the cast of the James Gunn movie in an undisclosed role.

THE HAND THAT ROCKS THE CRADLE---Maika Monroe (LONGLEGS) will star in the remake of the 1992 nanny horror movie that starred Rebecca de Mornay.

YELLOWJACKETS---Hilary Swank will have an undisclosed recurring role in Season 3.

KILLING MARY SUE---Sierra McCormick, Dermot Mulroney and Sean Patrick Flanery star in this movie about a corrupt US Senator who hires an assassin to kill his wayward daughter, who turns out to have killer talents herself.

TRIVIA---in the cult classic ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN, pop culture icon Yvette Vickers is best known for playing floozy Honey Parker, who was having an affair with the 50 Foot Woman's husband.
Vickers was PLAYBOY magazine's Playmate of the Month in the July, 1959 issue where her centerfold was photographed by famed sexploitation movie director Russ Meyer.
In 2011, Vickers' mummified body was discovered by a neighbor, who had not seen the reclusive Vickers in months, in her Beverly Hills cottage. Forensic scientists determined that she may have been dead for a year when her body was discovered. The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner's autopsy showed that Vickers' death was caused by heart failure.
Vickers' dilapidated Beverly Hills cottage was put on the market for $499,000 as "a major fixer-upper" in 2011, and it sold for $275,000 in 2012.

In the cult classic ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN, pop culture icon Yvette Vickers is best known for playing floozy Honey Parker, who was having an affair with the 50 Foot Woman's husband.

ATTACK-OF-50-FOOT-WOMAN-2-FOTOR.jpg

ATTACK-OF-50-FOOT-WOMAN-5.jpg

Vickers was PLAYBOY magazine's Playmate of the Month in the July, 1959 issue where her centerfold was photographed by famed sexploitation movie director Russ Meyer.

ATTACK-OF-50-FOOT-WOMAN-PLAYBOY-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

Vickers' dilapidated Beverly Hills cottage was put on the market for $499,000 as "a major fixer-upper" in 2011, and it sold for $275,000 in 2012.

ATTACK-OF-50-FOOT-WOMAN-COTTAGE-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30

NOSFERATU---trailer released for the vampire remake movie.

LINK:

BANE AND DEATHSTROKE---DC Studios is developing an untitled movie based on the superheroes Bane and Deathstroke with Matthew Orton writing the script.

BANE-FOTOR.jpg

ROPE---a rumor claims a remake of the 1948 Alfred Hitchcock movie is underway with Morten Tyldum (THE IMITATION GAME) as the director. The original movie starred Jimmy Stewart.

ROPE-FOTOR.jpg

MONSTER SUMMER---synopsis and poster released for the family monster movie starring Mel Gibson and Lorraine Bracco. The synopsis says, “When a mysterious force begins to disrupt their big summer fun, Noah and his friends team up with a retired police detective to embark on a monstrous adventure to save their island.”

MONSTER-SUMMER-FOTOR.jpg

MEGALOPOLIS---the Francis Ford Coppola movie only earned $4 million domestically with a reported budget of $120 million. Coppola commented on the poor critics reviews, including a Rotten Tomatoes score of 51%, “The truth is that I find the experience of MEGALOPOLIS existing and being seen by an audience very similar to what it was like when I made APOCALYPSE NOW. When APOCALYPSE NOW came out, people saw it and said, ‘Wow, what the hell is it?’ There was an ambivalent confusion because it was clearly a film not made with any rules.”

ACADEMY AWARDS---a source claims DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE stars Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman have been contacted to co-host the next Academy Awards, “Hugh and Ryan – as a team – are at the top of the Oscars’ wish list now that they’ve sealed their status as the two biggest movie stars of the year.”
The source added, “They haven’t said no yet, but unlike Jimmy Kimmel, who personally took only a nominal, scale fee for hosting the show, Hugh and Ryan are major movie stars and will need to be paid for lending their star power to the show...What’s tantalizing to team Ryan is turning the Oscars into a multi-media advertising bonanza the same way he has done with the DEADPOOL franchise...The Academy has other, cheaper options, but Hugh and Ryan hosting would be global news and, the reality is, these guys don’t do anything for free...If they eventually agree to do it, it’s going to come with a seven-figure payday!"
The source said a cheaper alternative is comedian Nkki Glazer, who said, “I think I can do it.”

BLADE---Jeymes Samuel (THE BOOK OF CLARENCE) is reportedly the top candidate to direct the reboot movie.

THE CORRECTIONS---Meryl Streep will star in the CBS miniseries based on the novel. The synopsis says, “After almost fifty years as a wife and mother, Enid Lambert is ready to have some fun. Unfortunately, her husband, Alfred, is losing his sanity to Parkinson’s disease, and their children have long since flown the family nest to the catastrophes of their own lives.
The oldest, Gary, a once-stable portfolio manager and family man, is trying to convince his wife and himself that, despite certain alarming indicators, he is not clinically depressed. The middle child, Chip, has lost his seemingly secure academic job and is failing spectacularly at his new line of work. And Denise, the youngest, has escaped a disastrous marriage only to pour her youth and beauty down the drain of an affair with a married man―or so her mother fears. Desperate for some pleasure to look forward to, Enid has set her heart on an elusive goal: bringing her family together for one last Christmas at home.”

CHUCKY---USA Network cancelled the series.

UNPRISONED---Hulu cancelled the series.

TRIVIA---Russell Johnson co-starred on GILLIGAN'S ISLAND as The Professor, one of seven castaways shipwrecked on a remote Pacific island. Eight years before GILLIGAN'S ISLAND, Johnson co-starred in Roger Corman's ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS as Hank, a member of a scientific expedition stranded on a remote Pacific island that is attacked by giant, mutated crabs.

Russell Johnson co-starred on GILLIGAN'S ISLAND as The Professor, one of seven castaways shipwrecked on a remote Pacific island.

GILLIGANS-ISLAND-PROFESSOR-4-A-FOTOR.jpg

Eight years before GILLIGAN'S ISLAND, Johnson co-starred in Roger Corman's ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS as Hank, a member of a scientific expedition stranded on a remote Pacific island that is attacked by giant, mutated crabs.

GILLIGANS-ISLAND-ATTACK-CRAB-MONSTERS-7-A-FOTOR.jpg

GILLIGANS-ISLAND-ATTACK-CRAB-MONSTERS-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

GILLIGANS-ISLAND-ATTACK-CRAB-MONSTERS-8-A-FOTOR.jpg

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 1

JUROR #2---trailer released for Clint Eastwood's reportedly last movie.

LINK:

GOEBBELS AND THE FUHRER---trailer released for the World War II movie.

LINK:

CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON---Sean Tretta (MAYANS M.C.) will write the script for the remake of the classic 1954 monster movie that starred Julie Adams.

CREATURE-BLACK-LAGOON-FOTOR.jpg

PEAKY BLINDERS---photo released of Cillian Murphy returning for the Netflix movie based on the tv series.

PEAKY-BLINDERS-FOTOR.jpg

ANACONDA---Daniela Melchior (THE SUICIDE SQUAD, FAST X) will co-star with Paul Rudd and Jack Black in the remake of the 1997 giant snake movie that starred Jennifer Lopez. The remake is about a group of friends who decide to remake the favorite movie from their childhood.

SHERLOCK---producer Sue Vertue said a movie based on the Benedict Cumberbatch tv series may be in the future, “We love that show and there is a future for it. One day. Maybe. If everyone wants to do it. I’ve still got the set in storage somewhere, which is probably rotten, to be honest with you. It’s just getting everybody aligned, it’s getting the actors to want to do it.”
Co-creator Mark Gatiss earlier said, “We’d like to make a film but trying to get everyone together is very difficult.”

THE BEAST---Ashton Kutcher and Evan Peters will star in the FX tv series based on the comic book about two detectives who discover a vast conspiracy when they investigate a global sexually transmitted disease that makes everyone more attractive.

THE WALKING DEAD: DARYL DIXON---British comedian Stephen Merchant announced he is joining the spinoff cast, "As a fan of THE WALKING DEAD: DARYL DIXON, I was excited when they asked me to join the WD universe for season 3. But don’t ask me for spoilers - my lips are sealed."

REACHER---Amazon Prime untitled spinoff series underway that will focus on private detective Frances Neagley (Maria Sten).

SURVIVING JAMES DEAN---biomovie underway based on the William Bast memoir about his gay relationship with James Dean.

TRIVIA---Joss Ackland co-starred in two Cold War movies about Soviet submarines. In THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, Ackland played Soviet Ambassador Andrei Lysenko. In K-19: THE WIDOWMAKER, Ackland played Soviet Defense Minister Marshal Zolentsov.

In THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, Joss Ackland played Soviet Ambassador Andrei Lysenko.

JOSS-ACKLAND-HUNT-RED-OCTOBER-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

JOSS-ACKLAND-HUNT-RED-OCTOBER-SUB-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

In K-19: THE WIDOWMAKER, Ackland played Soviet Defense Minister Marshal Zolentsov.

JOSS-ACKLAND-K-19-WIDOWMAKER-4-A-FOTOR.jpg

JOSS-ACKLAND-K-19-WIDOWMAKER-SUB-3-A-FOTOR.jpg

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2

BABYGIRL---trailer released for the movie starring Nicole Kidman.

LINK:

COMPANION---trailer released for the horror movie starring Jack Quaide.

LINK:

WOMAN OF THE HOUR---new trailer released for the Netflix movie based on the true story of a woman on THE DATING GAME who picked a serial killer.

LINK:

BETTER MAN---trailer released for the biomovie about Robbie Williams.

LINK:

THE ELECTRIC STATE---photos released from the sci fi movie starring Millie Bobby Brown, Chris Pratt and Ke Huy Quan.

ELECTRIC-STATE-2-A-FOTOR.jpg

ELECTRIC-STATE-1-A-FOTOR.jpg

DYNAMIC DUO---DC Studios/Warner Bros. animated movie underway whose plot is described as “follows the early days of Dick Grayson and Jason Todd aka the Robins. The duo call themselves the Dynamic Duo. They’re orphan thieves, best friends who share dreams of a better life, but their friendship will be tested by competing visions of a future out of which will come a new Dynamic Duo…” The movie will use Momo Animation which is combination of stop-motion puppetry, live-action and CGI. James Gunn and Matt Reeves are the producers.

DYNAMIC-DUO-FOTOR.jpg

CRIME 101---Chris Hemsworth, Halle Berry and Mark Ruffalo will star in the movie based on the short story. The plot is described as, “has shades of HEAT as it follows high-level jewel thefts that are taking place up and down the Pacific Coast, which police have linked to Colombian cartels. Detective Lou Lubesnick has other ideas, and he zeroes in on one perp, a thief looking for a final score.”

MANDALORIAN & GROGU---Giancarlo Esposito said the spinoff movie might lead to other spinoffs, “As in the MCU… Disney will figure out how to join all of these characters into one really great movie or TV show. That’s my sense of where it will go. Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau have a new vision, continuing on with a Mandalorian movie… My sense is that it’s all going to converge at one point or another and we’re going to have another set of… [a] trilogy, or more, of films."

SPIDER-MAN---Andrew Garfield said he would like to return as Spider-Man, “For sure, I would 100 percent come back if it was the right thing, if it’s additive to the culture, if there’s a great concept or something that hasn’t been done before that’s unique and odd and exciting and that you can sink your teeth into. I love that character, and it brings joy. If part of what I bring is joy, then I’m joyful in return.”

SAW XI---Tobin Bell confirmed he is returning as John Kramer in the latest horror sequel, “I’m really excited about continuing to develop him. John Kramer is not done. There’s more to learn.”

TRIVIA---the cult classic sci fi movie ZARDOZ originally would have reunited the DELIVERANCE team of Burt Reynolds and director John Boorman, but Reynolds left due to illness and was replaced by Sean Connery. Boorman said Connery was paid the amazingly low sum of only $200,000, "Connery had just stopped doing the Bond films and he wasn't getting any jobs, so he came along and did it."

The cult classic sci fi movie ZARDOZ originally would have reunited the DELIVERANCE team of Burt Reynolds and director John Boorman, but Reynolds left due to illness.

ZARDOZ-1-FOTOR.jpg

Burt Reynolds was replaced by Sean Connery.

ZARDOZ-CONNERY-3-FOTOR.jpg

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3

PADDINGTON IN PERU---trailer released for the animated sequel.

LINK:

CARVED---trailer released for the Hulu killer pumpkin Halloween movie.

LINK:

SPIDER-NOIR---New York film set photo released of Nicolas Cage starring in the Amazon Prime tv series whose synopsis says, “tells the story of an aging and down on his luck private investigator in 1930s New York, who is forced to grapple with his past life as the city’s one and only superhero.”

SPIDER-NOIR-3-FOTOR.jpg

THE MARVELS---in 2023, THE MARVELS reportedly had a budget of $270 million and lost $237 million. In recent leaked Disney official tax filings, it was shown that THE MARVELS budget was really $378.5 million. The movie's losses are now estimated to be $295 million--$300 million which surpasses THE LONE RANGER and JOHN CARTER (adjusted for inflation) as the biggest box office bomb in history.
World of Reel stated, '"As part of his damage control campaign, Disney CEO Bob Iger indirectly blamed the pandemic and ‘Marvels’ director Nia DaCosta, the first black female director to ever helm an MCU movie. When interviewed during the New York Times’ DealBook Summit, Iger claimed that DaCosta needed extra help to make her movie better, but it never could arrive due to COVID.
Suffice to say, Disney needed a scapegoat for the massive failure and they decided that it was going to be DaCosta. We should also note that DaCosta admitted having had zero creative control on the movie, bluntly stating that “The Marvels” was very much “a Kevin Feige production” and that it was “his movie.”'

THE-MARVELS-3-A-FOTOR.jpg

CAUGHT STEALING---photo released of Austin Butler and Matt Smith starring in the Darren Aronofsky movie based on the novel about an ex-baseball player who gets involved in the New York criminal underworld.

CAUGHT-STEALING-FOTOR.jpg

POMPEII---Amazon Prime miniseries underway based on the novel A DAY OF FIRE: A NOVEL OF POMPEII which is about the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD. Michael Hirst (THE TUDORS) is the writer/showrunner and Ridley Scott is a co-producer.

WOLFS---the comedy action movie starring George Clooney and Brad Pitt became the most-viewed movie in Apple TV+ history.

VOLTRON---newcomer Daniel Quinn-Toye will star in the live-action movie based on the anime.

ALL'S FAIR---Ed O'Neill will play an ex-Hollywood studio head and husband of Glenn Close's character in the Hulu tv series about an all-female Los Angeles law firm.

TRIVIA---Fess Parker is best known for starring in Disney's DAVY CROCKETT miniseries and NBC's DANIEL BOONE tv series. His first credited movie role was in Jimmy Stewart's HARVEY in which Parker was the voice of Leslie, the chauffeur for Dr. Chumley's wife in the "Pooka" scene.

Fess Parker is best known for starring in Disney's DAVY CROCKETT miniseries (top) and NBC's DANIEL BOONE (bottom) tv series.

FESS-PARKER-DAVY-CROCKETT-FOTOR.jpg

FESS-PARKER-DANIEL-BOONE-3-A-FOTOR.jpg

Parker's first credited movie role was in Jimmy Stewart's HARVEY in which Parker was the voice of Leslie, the chauffeur for Dr. Chumley's wife in the "Pooka" scene.

FESS-PARKER-CHAUFFER-2-B-FOTOR.jpg

FESS-PARKER-JIMMY-STEWART-2-FOTOR.jpg

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4

ELEVATION---trailer released for the monster movie starring Anthony Mackie.

LINK:

SUPERMAN---James Gunn said Frank Grillo will play Rick Flag, Sr. in CREATURE COMMANDOS then SUPERMAN and then PEACEMAKER Season 2, "He is a really cool character that Frank has been molding. The character's also in SUPERMAN, and he's an incredibly important part in PEACEMAKER. He is one of the primary characters in PEACEMAKER Season 2. So we get to see this character from different angles, and he is not simple. This isn't just a good guy, not at all. We see all different sides of his character. He is morally a complex human being. Grillo is somebody who I've known for a little while, and I've wanted to work with him for a long time. He was one of the first people that I talked to when I took over the studio, like 'we're going to find something cool for you,' and now he is everywhere."

SUPERMAN-FOTOR.jpg

COUNTING MIRACLES---Alan Ritchson will star in the Amazon MGM Studios movie based on the novel which is described as, “In COUNTING MIRACLES, former Ranger (Ritchson) returns to his small hometown with one mission: to find the father he never knew. While there he crosses paths with a doctor who is balancing her own life as a single mother of two and a reclusive old man with a mysterious past, leading to unexpected connections and a journey toward belonging.”

FALLOUT---the Amazon Prime tv series had 100 million viewers worldwide in six months and 65 million viewers in its first 16 days. THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER has 150 million viewers to date.

MONSTER: THE LYLE AND ERIK MENENDEZ STORY---after Erik Menendez said the Netflix anthology was, "naive and inaccurate", co-creator Ryan Murphy replied, “The Menéndez brothers should be sending me flowers. They haven’t had so much attention in 30 years. And it’s gotten the attention of not only this country but all over the world. There’s sort of an outpouring of interest in their lives and in the case. I know for a fact that many people have offered to help them because of the interest of my show and what we did.”

FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S 2---Josh Hutcherson commented on the sequel, “It’s much bigger; the stakes are higher. There’s more animatronics being brought in, different animatronics being brought in, and the world just opens up in a big way. We’re finding the balance right now of building this world and expanding it in a really cool way but also making sure the characters stay really grounded."

THE ABANDONS---creator Kurt Sutter left his Western tv series due to creative differences.

MARTY SUPREME---Fran Drescher has joined the cast of Timothee Chalamet and Gwyneth Paltrow in the biomovie about ping pong champ Marty Reisman.

EINSTEIN---Matthew Gray Gubler (CRIMINAL MINDS) will star in this crime tv series about Lew Einstein, a Princeton professor and the great-grandson of Albert Einstein, who gets in trouble with the law and winds up helping a female police detective solve crimes.

NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET---Robert Englund commented on returning as Freddy Krueger, There’s no Freddy left in me. I could possibly voice a really high-end, animated version. That would be nice to be asked to do, but I know I can’t do the fight scenes more than one take now, one angle. I just can’t be snapping my head or anything like that. I’m an old dog! Give me a break."

THAT '90S SHOW---Netflix cancelled the series.

TRIVIA---writer William Faulkner was awarded the 1949 Nobel Prize in Literature. Faulkner did not own a tv set, but he occasionally watched tv shows at the homes of friends. Faulkner's favorite tv show was the comedy CAR 54, WHERE ARE YOU? which was about two Bronx cops and the shenanigans they encountered. Faulkner made his friend, University of Mississippi history professor James Silver, buy a tv, and Faulkner would visit Silver to watch CAR 54. Silver said, “[F]or two months in the spring of 1962, he and Estelle came out to our house every Sunday evening, to watch his favorite television program CAR 54, WHERE ARE YOU? Sometimes they stayed for BONANZA.”
Silver added that he and Faulkner were discussing BAD SEED, a movie about a murderous eight-year-old girl, and Faulkner said, “It would make a great plot for CAR 54, WHERE ARE YOU.”

CAR-54-FAULKNER-FOTOR.jpg

CAR-54-1-FOTOR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back