Museum Display of LAH and WW2 Germans for Collecting Exhibition (1 Viewer)

Mapleleaf, Outlaw, Joe, Robin, Brad, Carlin, Obee, Blowtorch, Guy, Wayne Qld and WA and Tom and last but not least Jack for his "Nice Dio{sm2}".

I will volunteer for as many talks as they like and even if I say so myself will put together a good presentation about TS history and collecting. Fortunately this Forum has a lot of useful information I can use. Seems a couple of local collectors of mine are already planning their questions (or is it heckling !). One, with a sense of humour, is planning to ask questions about a certain brand I do not stock but by then I will have given his photo to security and asked for them to be on the alert ^&grin!.

Brett

birds_heckle_jeckle.jpg

What a great oportunity to showcase the hobby Brett....well done! Regardless of the era or figures displayed mate, I'm sure you're wonderful setup will attract some budding enthusiasts towards collecting. Thanks also to the lads for helping to post some great pic's too{bravo}}

That's what happened when English teachers (Lady ones) in the seventies wore mini skirts......^&grin
Wayne.

I gather you were always on the floor picking up your rubber and pencil mate! :wink2:{sm4}

Tom

WOW, very very nice display you did, {sm5}

Please do me a favor.... Bring back the MG on the Panther , its not straight,

Thumbs up.

Serge

Jack and I attended the opending earlier today.

Particularly noted that the person the TV crew first interviewed was the guy who collects his own
fingernails.

However was also good to note the Senior Curator who put together the whole Exhibition chose to
stand beside my LAH parade when being interviewed by the TV crew.

Now to start planning my talks !!!

Brett
PS Serge, did note the MG but too late to do anything about it.

Jack and I attended the opending earlier today.

Particularly noted that the person the TV crew first interviewed was the guy who collects his own
fingernails.

However was also good to note the Senior Curator who put together the whole Exhibition chose to
stand beside my LAH parade when being interviewed by the TV crew.

Now to start planning my talks !!!

Brett
PS Serge, did note the MG but too late to do anything about it.

So was he standing next to the person that collects nail polish! :rolleyes2:

I guess now that you are going to be famous and in demand with interviews that i won't be able to get hold of you....:wink2:{sm2}{sm4}

Tom

Brett, your display just made it on National 9 News! A couple of snippets were shown on the news this evening about the collectors display in the museum.

Tom

Brett, your display just made it on National 9 News! A couple of snippets were shown on the news this evening about the collectors display in the museum.

Tom
Drat! missed it as Brett had no clue what channel it was on......{sm2}:rolleyes2:
Wayne.

Paid a visit to the Qld Museum today to see the 'Collector Mania' display. It was interesting but Bretts display of TS was the standout as a collector of TS I'm biased of course. But I did like the display called 'Maddie's Hobbit Hole' which was a miniature Hobbit home or put another way a Kiwi home :wink2: Though not part of the collector mania display I also was impressed by the scale model of the SS Oronsay which is a beaut. There is a display on three Aussie VC winners of the Great War but I was told I couldn't take any pics which was a shame. So here are some pics ..first off are the outside of the Museum and then some more of Bretts display and then the Hobbit Hole.
Thanks Wayne.
P1040752.jpg
P1040752.jpg
P1040781.jpg
P1040750.jpg
P1040782.jpg

Good photos Wayne.

I am going to have a display case like that built at home for my marching glossies!

Nice pic's mate and im glad it's stop raining! :wink2:

Toddy will be impressed with the Hobbit Hole and what scale is the liner? She is a beauty!

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back