My album of Dioramas (3 Viewers)

Rob

Four Star General
Guys,

I thought as I'm rubbish at dealing with albums and such on my home page I would start an album of the work I've done so far which will included all my dioramas. As I write this I've created three so far with another hopefully finished by the end of next week. When posting new work I'll put them both on the normal K&C thread and here in the K&C diorama thread. So oldest first;

SUMMER 1940- Dowding's harvest.

Bullet ridden and covered in dirt, the operational history of this ME109 comes to an end on a fine summer's day in a field in Sussex, in the south of England.

The pilot has no choice but to surrender to his captors and his circumstances. He is eagerly swooped upon by a local Bobby and a veteran of the Home Guard; both of whom are elated to come face to face with the enemy.

And the fate of the ME109? It may be scrapped or exhibited around the country to raise money and morale for the war effort. Either way, there is one more empty seat in a Luftwaffe mess and one less Nazi pilot for Dowding to worry about.

001.jpg

010.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

033.jpg

050.jpg

056.jpg

Last edited:
Rob, Some nice crisp shots of the downed ME109. Everytime I see this plane It makes me think"Why am I not getting it" !!! Cheers

Excellent Rob, very 'Battle of Britain' I am warming to the R.A.F / R.A.A.F stuff and I like what you have done here. One question how did you get ten pics into your post?, I can't get more than five in a post.
Wayne.

Thanks Wayne, I do it through Photobucket, not sure if that makes a diff, sorry mate I'm useless with techonolgy:redface2:

Tank evolution Normandy 1944

A British Firefly passes the blackened carcass of a Panther as the Germans struggle vainly to stem the allied advance in Normandy.Although a superb fighting vehicle the Panther was vulnerable to fire to its flanks where the armour was only 50mm thick,this armour could be penetrated by most allied Tanks at normal combat ranges.

This Tank has suffered a hit from the 17pounder on the Firefly which as entered the Panther right amongst the propellant casings of the rounds stored in the front magazine,causing a devestating fire that has destroyed the Tank. It was becuase of this flank weakness that German doctrine called for flank protection for the Panther, however this Tank has had no such protection and has paid the price. The days of the invincible German Tank are over.

Diorama045.jpg

Diorama044.jpg

Diorama043.jpg

Diorama040.jpg

Diorama038.jpg

Diorama036.jpg

diorama034.jpg

diorama033.jpg

diorama032.jpg

Ok guys they are my first three efforts, hope you like them.As I say my next project should be up next weekend.

Rob

Rob, Some nice crisp shots of the downed ME109. Everytime I see this plane It makes me think"Why am I not getting it" !!! Cheers

Thanks PA, this is a 21st Century version I got years back, like you I still need the K&C version as I have another dio in mind for that one.

Cheers

Rob

Very, very nice Rob, I especially love the tank dios ;
Will have to put some of mine in to keep this new section going
guy{bravo}}

Awesome Rob but i have one question and that is, where are you going to stick the new Humber armoured car in that armoured column?

Tom

Very, very nice Rob, I especially love the tank dios ;
Will have to put some of mine in to keep this new section going
guy{bravo}}

Great set up Rob looking forward to the "New" Dio,s mate.

Awesome Rob but i have one question and that is, where are you going to stick the new Humber armoured car in that armoured column?

Tom

Thanks to all you guys, I appreciate you taking the time to look.:smile2:

Tom, I reckon I'm going to have to put it to the side a bit and have the column passing by it.

Rob

Love everything about them, now i fancy a flake :) The beach must have taken a while.

I like this Rob, great pictures. I think I'll move my diorama thread up here to this section like you've done.

Very nice Rob...especially the diorama of the two amphibious vehicles...love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back