My Dad has passed away............... (1 Viewer)

Warrior

Lieutenant General
It's with a heavy heart that I inform the members here that today, my Dad Christy Guerriero passed away at approximately 10:00AM EST.

My Dad fought the good fight, but at 88 years old, he had the odds stacked against him, his heart gave out on him, he passed peacefully at the Beth Israel Hospital here Boston.

My Dad meant everything to me, I was blessed to have such a terrific Dad in my life. I had the opportunity to take him to many toy soldier shows, he met a great number of you in person, he thought the world of all of you, he enjoyed getting to know many of you on a first name basis. He loved going to the shows, I was lucky to have that time with him, I will treasure it always.

He and I had a special bond, one I hope and pray many of you have with your Dads, he was quick with a joke, never in a bad mood, he was my go to person whenever I had a problem, he had a way of making everything better.

I will miss him terribly, life goes on as they say, but life will never be the same, I have a hole in heart that will never be repaired.

George, I am so sorry to hear this. I love hearing stories you tell about him at shows. With time may the good memories replace the sorrow. My dad died a few years ago. You'll never stop missing him!
If you want a beer, just say the word!!!

George, so sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family are in my prayers. Chris

My condolences, George. I enjoyed meeting your dad at the Chicago Show. He was strange the last year or two when he wasn't able to come.

I can see why you'll cherish all those memories!

Best to you and your family,

Jim

I'm really sorry to hear this George, my condolences go out to you and your family.

Tom

George, I'm very sorry to hear this and my condolences to you and family. My father passed in 1999 and I still miss him. The father/son relationship is special and unique. Your father will always live in your heart and the others that love him. God bless. -- Al

George...my condolences...I feel your pain...I know you well enough to know that you totally loved your Dad and he was one of your best friends and a huge part of your life...I'm really sad to hear this...not gonna say I know how you feel...but I'm sure it's crushing as I have been there also...if I can help in any way...let me know...

George, very sorry to hear of your father passing......I didn't get a chance to meet him but from your stories over the years here on the forum I felt like I kind of knew him just a bit..... it is never easy to lose a parent, but you and your father made a ton of memories together, you'll have that always...

Condolences George. We will never forget "Security."

Brad

It's with a heavy heart that I inform the members here that today, my Dad Christy Guerriero passed away at approximately 10:00AM EST.

My Dad fought the good fight, but at 88 years old, he had the odds stacked against him, his heart gave out on him, he passed peacefully at the Beth Israel Hospital here Boston.

My Dad meant everything to me, I was blessed to have such a terrific Dad in my life. I had the opportunity to take him to many toy soldier shows, he met a great number of you in person, he thought the world of all of you, he enjoyed getting to know many of you on a first name basis. He loved going to the shows, I was lucky to have that time with him, I will treasure it always.

He and I had a special bond, one I hope and pray many of you have with your Dads, he was quick with a joke, never in a bad mood, he was my go to person whenever I had a problem, he had a way of making everything better.

I will miss him terribly, life goes on as they say, but life will never be the same, I have a hole in heart that will never be repaired.

George very sorry to hear of your loss. It is nice that you enjoyed his company for 88 years. Take comfort in knowing he will forever be watching out for you.
Njja

George, I am so sorry to hear the sad news. Hold on to those great memories, they will gain even more value with time. Chris

George, I am very sorry for your loss, you have my deepest sympathy. You and your family are in my prayers.

George, I am so sorry to hear this. I love hearing stories you tell about him at shows. With time may the good memories replace the sorrow. My dad died a few years ago. You'll never stop missing him!
If you want a beer, just say the word!!!

I'm going to take you up on that, I can use it; we went to a restaurant today to plan the post funeral gathering and I felt like emptying the bar by myself, thanks for that Zack, I'll be in touch..................sorry to hear of your Dad, it's terrible thing to say the least...............

George,

I am very sorry for your loss, I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Dave

My condolences, George. I enjoyed meeting your dad at the Chicago Show. He was strange the last year or two when he wasn't able to come.

I can see why you'll cherish all those memories!

Best to you and your family,

Jim

Thanks Jim, I appreciate it, Larry has stepped in and done a tremendous job, I'd be lost without him............

George,

Oh man, just seeing this and I am so sorry, he was one of a kind, I always enjoyed spending time with him! 88 years, I can tell you from experience, you are lucky! I only got 49 of which I was only alive 18 with my Dad, I of course cherish every memory and I know you have a ton to cherish as your Dad was a great guy. Again, sorry to hear, keep your chin up and remember the good times.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back