My Flat Collection (2 Viewers)

Just came up for auction on Ebay speaking of pachyderms

Hi Brad and Victor, the Elephant is done by Eric Talmant, a prolific and great flat painter in France, really is a step above, Kinda strange that I have all manner of flats but no elephants?
I have several pieces of his work in my collection and they are some of the best. here are several more of his auctions.
Ray

Picked up this single swiss mounted mercenary, then I had him invite some of his friends to the party ( from one of my storage trunks)
Ray

You guys know I love my paper, well I am trying to stretch out of "the box" of buildings and so I've been plodding thru this project. The Zeppelin was a steep learning curve, who knew you could do body filler just like on a car on paper! I've bondo'd sanded and painted this beast at least 1/2 dozen times. still not what I would like but it was a great project. still thinking about weathering, just haven't figured out how to approach it, but it may still be in the offing. Thinking about some kind of steampunk fantasy combining this with a paper ship of some kind...
Ray

You guys know I love my paper, well I am trying to stretch out of "the box" of buildings and so I've been plodding thru this project. The Zeppelin was a steep learning curve, who knew you could do body filler just like on a car on paper! I've bondo'd sanded and painted this beast at least 1/2 dozen times. still not what I would like but it was a great project. still thinking about weathering, just haven't figured out how to approach it, but it may still be in the offing. Thinking about some kind of steampunk fantasy combining this with a paper ship of some kind...
Ray

You could always make a lampshade out of it - and stick it in the Guest bedroom Ray.

Keep 'em up late on first night - then show them in - and wait for them to switch on the light.

That could be fun.:eek::rolleyes: jb

I couldn't resist this Flat subject though it's a little out of my strike zone it was just too cool to pass up! I estimate it's roughly 60mm or 1/24 scale but the painting is really well done.
Ray

first is armement from 600BC to 1400AD

Second is from 1500 to 1940

the two together with 30mm figures for prospective

couple more sets are in some display cases:
Ray

December 2, 1805 on the Pratzen plateau, at the battle of Austerlitz. During this battle, Napoleon had planned to break the Austro-Russian centre and thus split their forces. The plan was well under way towards mid morning but a potentially dangerous situation for the French occurred when the Russian Imperial Guard under Grand Duke Constantine arrived and attacked the French . At first, one battalion of the French 4th Line regiment was caught in an awkward position and broken by the Russian Guard cavalry supported by artillery, with the French battalion losing its eagle and over 400 men. Then, the 24th Light regiment, which was coming up in support of the 4th, was also thrown back in disarray. It was at this moment that Napoleon sent in his Guard cavalry The grenadiers charged and clashed with the Russian Chevalier Guard regiment. After a short mêlée, the horse grenadiers broke the opponent, inflicting heavy casualties and capturing over 200 men, their commander - Prince Repnin - with his general staff, as well as 27 pieces of artillery, with the loss of just 2 killed and 22 wounded (among which 6 officers wounded).

Ray, wonderful painting on display here! I saved these photos for painting inspiration. Fantastic stuff! Congratulations!

Joe

I couldn't resist this Flat subject though it's a little out of my strike zone it was just too cool to pass up! I estimate it's roughly 60mm or 1/24 scale but the painting is really well done.
Ray

first is armement from 600BC to 1400AD

Second is from 1500 to 1940

the two together with 30mm figures for prospective

Ray, wonderful painting on display here! I saved these photos for painting inspiration. Fantastic stuff! Congratulations!

Joe

Hey Joe! Thank you, Good to hear from you again, it's out of my swing zone but I agree and it was really too good to pass up.
Ray

This group represents King Conrad III in 1140 AD.
There was more to the set as the represented an amusing incident in history: www.baden-wuerttemberg.de/de/unser-land/traditionen/sagen-und-legenden/die-weiber-von-weinsberg/

Ok looks like the site doesn't automatically translate, but the story is the King laid siege to the town and as an act of mercy allowed the women to have free safe passage out of the town in the morning with all they could carry before he killed all the men. In the morning out marched the women with there husbands on there backs!
Ray

During the reign of the Pharaohs in Egypt, there courts where huge administrative and diplomatic hubs of the world. Administration, entertainment and politics were practiced as a blend though out. Meeting and greeting representatives of other empires, diplomacy all in one sprawling complex.

I had to get some of these fine figures by different artists out of the boxes stashed away on into the light of day. Here is a light representation of the royal and administrative life in Egypt.
I love the shear dresses on Nefertiti in her chariot and some of the nubian women.
Ray

During the reign of the Pharaohs in Egypt, there courts where huge administrative and diplomatic hubs of the world. Administration, entertainment and politics were practiced as a blend though out. Meeting and greeting representatives of other empires, diplomacy all in one sprawling complex.

I had to get some of these fine figures by different artists out of the boxes stashed away on into the light of day. Here is a light representation of the royal and administrative life in Egypt.
I love the shear dresses on Nefertiti in her chariot and some of the nubian women.
Ray
Hello Ray,
geat set and excellent painting - congrats. Thank you for postig, happy to enjoy them with you.
rgds
Wolfgang

Last edited by a moderator:
2 additional Leliepvre prints from the revolutionary war.
Ray

British 16th Light Dragoons

American Lieutenant General De Rochambeau

I saw on PBS news where the Iraqi's have finally retaken Mosul where the ancient city of Nineveh is located, ISIS leveled everything, destroying all traces of the Assyrian capitals relics including the Great statues of the Winged Bull men or Lamassu.
I had a couple of these winged figures plus many Assyrian/Babaloyian figures, thought it was time to put them under glass.
Ray

I still am amazed at myself that some of my favorite all time sets are still in boxes and not in display. A great example, my Zastrow Cuirassiers at Borodino, great uniforms commissioned many years ago, I've fixed that now!
Ray

Here are some old guard in great coats on the defense in winter and the woods.
Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back