My W.Britain Shelf Displays (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
W. Britain's new WWII range is very well done, especially the newly released Volksgrenadiers. I just received five of the new Volksgrenadiers and one Fallschirmjaeger yesterday and decided to post some photos of my small WWII collection.
:smile2: Mike

This year I also decided to collect the Wrath of the Northmen range.

Mike, those Germans look great! Even though I don't collect from Britains anymore you are making it very tempting for me to start back. The painting has improved so much with this new WWII range.

Mike, those Germans look great! Even though I don't collect from Britains anymore you are making it very tempting for me to start back. The painting has improved so much with this new WWII range.

Cameron, I never thought I would be interested in collecting WWII until I saw the prototypes of these figures at a W. Britain History Symposium earlier this year. They are all very well done and you are correct about the improvements you have noted . . . . All the best . . . .

Your W.Britain figures and sets which you have are awesome. The detail and subject matter on Britains newer releases makes me second guess my decision. Thanks for posting it's always good to see the new figures here.

Your W.Britain figures and sets which you have are awesome. The detail and subject matter on Britains newer releases makes me second guess my decision. Thanks for posting it's always good to see the new figures here.

Thank you very much . . . . always glad to share . . . .

Nice little groupings...........always have loved my WB figures :)

Thank you Scott . . . . As I have the time I plan on using this thread to share photos of all my WB figure sets as I have then displayed . . . . more to come . . . .

I started collecting the WB Clash of Empires range when it was first offered and have continued to add to it ever since. So far I have collected most of the Woodland Indian figures which are outstanding in sculpt, finish, and historical accuracy. I am only trying to collect those figures that might represent a FIW scenario. To this end I have not collected the AWI Continental troops or the Butler's Rangers figures. I have two 3-foot shelves where I have the figures from this range displayed. Here are some photos of one of those shelves. I have used a Nikon D-3300 camera with a Nikor AFS DX 18-55mm lens which I have had for about 7 months. Up until today I have used this camera mostly in the AUTO mode. This morning I took the below photos in the MANUAL mode . . . still a learning process . . .

Great photos of your displays so far, Mike! I look forward to seeing new pictures of your ACW collection.

Excellent figures Mike, please keep the picture coming :salute::

Happy New Year

Martyn:)

Excellent figures Mike, please keep the picture coming :salute::

Happy New Year

Martyn:)

Thank you Martyn . . . I am going to try to keep this an active thread, especialli as I add to my collection. Happy New Year to you too . . . . .

Mike,

Always enjoy it when you have pictures to share. By the looks of it, you have a wonderful WB collection. I especially love the FIW CoE figures as I have some of them myself. They are really great pieces!

Thanks for sharing this with us and keep them coming!

Mark

Yesterday afternoon these W. Britain figures were delivered to my mailbox: #25056 WWII German Volksgrenadier Kneeling Firing MP-40, #62118 Saxon Warrior Falling Wounded, #62119 Viking Warrior Wearing Wolfskin, and #62122 "Overwhelmed" Viking Warrior w/Axe Standing over Saxon.
MIke

#25056 German Volksgrenadier Wearing Winter Parka, Kneeling Firing MP-40 - I never thought I would seriously collect WWII. However, I think I am hooked. The new WB WWII Germans are perhaps, in my opinion, the best sculpts the company has ever done. This figure is no exception. Great facial features, nice action pose, altogehter well sculpted, and very nicely painted . . . excellent camo pattern.

As displayed on shelf with other Volksgrenadiers:

. . . . and now the Vikings:

#62118 Saxon Warrior Falling Wounded. Well done figure which nicely adds that "casualty element" which is always in high demand. Nicely sculpted and posed. Well balanced on stand. Sword is made out of stamped metal.

#62119 Viking Warrior Wearing Wolf Skin. Nicely done. Stamped metal sword.

#62122 Hand-to-hand Combat Vignette "Overwhelmed" Viking Warrior w/Axe Standing over Saxon Warrior and about to send him to his maker. Excellent piece which is now my favorite set within this range. One piece, figures are not separate.

My current Viking/Saxon display with the new figures - The Saxon shield wall is holding fast in the center, however the Saxon flanks are collapsing under the onslaught of the Vikings:

Very nice additions Mike. I do like the viking/saxons especiallythe two figure set and the figure with the wolf pelt.

Very nice additions Mike. I do like the viking/saxons especiallythe two figure set and the figure with the wolf pelt.

Thanks Scott . . . . the two-figure set #62122 is currently my favorite Viking set . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back