NCAA Football 2023 (3 Viewers)

wwiibuff

Lieutenant Colonel
How many of you think UGA Bulldogs will 3-peat this year? I know a lot of you are probably tired of hearing about Georgia lately and all but I think we've got a real good shot at doing it again. I know the schedule is not that hard (believe me I've heard it over and over no need to bring it up) but in all fairness, we were scheduled to have Oklahoma and that got canceled so there you go. I think we've got a great chance again. We should be solid on both offense and defense again. It will be interesting to see. I am planning to go to the 3rd game which is South Carolina which is really our first test. Looking forward to the season whatever happens. Old photo of me while at UGA taking some practice kicks at Sanford Stadium.

Attachments

• DSC_0185 (11).JPG
    DSC_0185 (11).JPG
    363.4 KB · Views: 207
I do not like it that the Big "10" is taking in refugees from the collapsing Pac-12.

Kinda like they did against Tulane in the Cotton Bowl? :)

Georgia fans should be more concerned about the deaths, arrests, and tragedies of this last offseason. A real disgrace. USC had another Heisman trophy added. They are fine.

Georgia fans should be more concerned about the deaths, arrests, and tragedies of this last offseason. A real disgrace. USC had another Heisman trophy added. They are fine.

I’ve not heard anything that says the GA program or Coach Smart is a “real disgrace”. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Sure, some kids got over excited about winning their second straight national championship and made bad decisions. Shocker!

Meanwhile Ga has a schedule that sets up pretty well for a potential three peat. Perhaps USC will get within sniffing distance of the playoffs this year. Doubtful, but…..

I have nothing against Georgia, no dog in the fight (so to speak), but their "schedule" is a true march of the tomato cans.....ZERO top 10 opponents, only TWO ranked teams on their schedule, Tennessee at 12 and Ole Miss at 22, that's.............pretty pathetic.

Duke went there, played on the team, so it's hard for me to blame him for being excited about their chances, he has bragging rights and rightfully so; again, he PLAYED on the team, so he has every right to be happy and excited. No one can ever take that away from him, he should wear that like a badge of honor, truly deserved.

Looks like it's Georgia, Michigan, Alabama and Ohio State as the top 4 teams in the country according to the preseason polls.

I have nothing against Georgia, no dog in the fight (so to speak), but their "schedule" is a true march of the tomato cans.....ZERO top 10 opponents, only TWO ranked teams on their schedule, Tennessee at 12 and Ole Miss at 22, that's.............pretty pathetic.

Hey George, they play my team, Kentucky. Oh, wait.......... {sm2}

I’ve not heard anything that says the GA program or Coach Smart is a “real disgrace”. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Sure, some kids got over excited about winning their second straight national championship and made bad decisions. Shocker!

Meanwhile Ga has a schedule that sets up pretty well for a potential three peat. Perhaps USC will get within sniffing distance of the playoffs this year. Doubtful, but…..

Over excited about winning? Wow. What about the deaths and arrests? I guess football matters more than anything else in the SEC. USC has more Heisman trophy winners than Georgia (or anyone). And more national championships. Georgia is having their 15 minutes but historically the top programs are Notre Dame, USC, Ohio St. and Alabama. Georgia is not even close. The wheel turns for every major college program.

...but their "schedule" is a true march of the tomato cans.....ZERO top 10 opponents, only TWO ranked teams on their schedule, Tennessee at 12 and Ole Miss at 22, that's.............pretty pathetic...

Sounds like Penn State under Paterno, before joining the Big 10. "This Saturday, it's the Nittany Lions versus the Indians from Souderton Area High School! Go Big Red!"

Prost!
Brad

Looking forward to this season. College football, as corrupt as it is, is about the only sport that I can still watch. USC is fielding the top player in the country. If Williams stays healthy, he should win the Heisman again with ease. The USC defense was atrocious last year but they picked up some help. And more good news:

The No. 1 overall prospect in the 2026 class, Lewis committed to USC on Tuesday over pretty much every school in the country. Lewis hails from Carrolton, Georgia, which is a 2,143-mile jaunt to Los Angeles.

Looking forward to this season. College football, as corrupt as it is, is about the only sport that I can still watch. USC is fielding the top player in the country. If Williams stays healthy, he should win the Heisman again with ease. The USC defense was atrocious last year but they picked up some help. And more good news:

The No. 1 overall prospect in the 2026 class, Lewis committed to USC on Tuesday over pretty much every school in the country. Lewis hails from Carrolton, Georgia, which is a 2,143-mile jaunt to Los Angeles.

Yeah, well familiar with the Lewis situation. It’s all about NIL. State of Ga doesn’t currently allow high schoolers to enter into deals. California does. Thus why he’s committing two years in advance to USC. Show him the money NOW! Lol

Chances are he uncommits to USC as he gets closer to being of college age and can do NIL deals in Ga. Or other southern states.

Nobody wins the Heismein back to back “with ease”. Please.

Net net, while your complaints about corruption in football ramble on, the high school player you’re so pleased about is talking USC just so he can land some cash deals before he actually begins college. So…..😂😂🤯

Duke went there, played on the team, so it's hard for me to blame him for being excited about their chances, he has bragging rights and rightfully so; again, he PLAYED on the team, so he has every right to be happy and excited. No one can ever take that away from him, he should wear that like a badge of honor, truly deserved.

Looks like it's Georgia, Michigan, Alabama and Ohio State as the top 4 teams in the country according to the preseason polls.

When did you play for the Patriots? Just wondering, have you ever stepped foot in the state of Alabama?

Yeah, well familiar with the Lewis situation. It’s all about NIL. State of Ga doesn’t currently allow high schoolers to enter into deals. California does. Thus why he’s committing two years in advance to USC. Show him the money NOW! Lol

Chances are he uncommits to USC as he gets closer to being of college age and can do NIL deals in Ga. Or other southern states.

Nobody wins the Heismein back to back “with ease”. Please.

Net net, while your complaints about corruption in football ramble on, the high school player you’re so pleased about is talking USC just so he can land some cash deals before he actually begins college. So…..😂😂🤯

Now who has "sour grapes"? LOL. Georgia doesn't need NIL to pay players. The entire SEC has been doing that forever.

Now who has "sour grapes"? LOL. Georgia doesn't need NIL to pay players. The entire SEC has been doing that forever.

You got proof!? Let’s see it. Otherwise it’s just bluster and bitterness.

When did you play for the Patriots? Just wondering, have you ever stepped foot in the state of Alabama?

I am a fan of the Patriots because I'm from Boston, just like I am a fan of the Celtics, Bruins and Patriots, being from the area is why I follow the teams, playing on any of them is not a requirement in order to be a fan.

It's yahooism at its finest to be fan of a local college team when you did not attend that university, just like I am not a fan of Boston College or Boston University, I follow the teams of the college I actually attended, Bentley College in Waltham MA.

I'm not local to Oklahoma, Alabama, Michigan or California, but that does not preclude me from being a fan of the Sooners, Tide, Wolverines or Trojans.

I hope that was not too much for you to wrap your head around.

Sad for us long time Bulldogs with the passing of Coach Dooley last year. I was fortunate to be able to see him one last time at a game last year just weeks before he passed. He had just turned 90. I'll never forget the time he was up in his tower during practice and we kickers were working on long range field goals and I was kicking from 60 yards out (the 50 yard line). As he was watching I nailed it from 60 and he yelled down "Great Kick!". He will be missed but not forgotten by the UGA faithful.

Attachments

• 306394176_1753954294978869_3432514998393363230_n.jpg
    306394176_1753954294978869_3432514998393363230_n.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 66
It's odd that Navy and ND are playing in August. That is always an interesting game. Navy almost never wins and usually gets blown out but that triple option is maddening to defend. They are changing the rules in college football this year by letting the clock continue to run after first downs. That was always a quirky rule to stop the clock until the chains were set but it did allow for some exciting finishes.

I am a fan of the Patriots because I'm from Boston, just like I am a fan of the Celtics, Bruins and Patriots, being from the area is why I follow the teams, playing on any of them is not a requirement in order to be a fan.

It's yahooism at its finest to be fan of a local college team when you did not attend that university, just like I am not a fan of Boston College or Boston University, I follow the teams of the college I actually attended, Bentley College in Waltham MA.

I'm not local to Oklahoma, Alabama, Michigan or California, but that does not preclude me from being a fan of the Sooners, Tide, Wolverines or Trojans.

I hope that was not too much for you to wrap your head around.

My bad. I didn’t realize you made the rules.

Of the two universities from which I graduated, neither were Division I. In fact one, Emory, does not even have a football team. The other, Sewanee, is Division 3. It once played in the SEC, but that was many years ago. I did take some classes at GA State, which is part of the University of Ga school system. At the time it did not offer any intercollegiate sports.

I have good friends who are UGA and Ga Tech alum. I also know several of their former football players. I live within spitting distance of Ga Tech, and pass near by UGA whenever I travel into the Carolinas.

But by your “logic” I’m supposed to either not support a Div I college team. Or pick one from faraway with which I have absolutely zero natural connection. Yeah that makes perfect sense.

So, Im afraid I absolutely reject your absurd notion that a person with no formal big school connections can’t root for a nearby team. Especially when I’ve been doing so since I first moved to Atlanta as a 4 yr old.

Somehow you argue the farther away one lives from a school, the more reasonable it is for that person to be a fan of a faraway team. Hmmm. The “logic” eludes me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back