NCO Steiner Cross of Iron (1 Viewer)

katana

Command Sergeant Major
The new German NCO figure 25075 looks remarkably like Unterofficer Rolf Steiner portrayed by James Coburn in the 1977 film Cross of Iron by Sam Peckinpah. The film is one of the best depicting Eastern Front warfare during WWI. Ken Osen must be very fond of this film to sculpt a figure with such a close resembalance IMO.

I really need to check that movie out as I've never seen it. It has been made reference to many times on the forum before.

It’s a must see movie. Worth adding to ones war DVD collection. The book was great as well.

I don’t collect much WWII, but the movie was remarkable, and yes, this release by WBritain is about as close as it can get to a resemblance of James Coburn as Rolf Steiner.
I will get this figure, and if it is only like a single.
And I will look for the DVD and get it :wink2:

Konrad

It would be interesting if Ken Osen would comment about this figure and if it is modeled after Unterofficer Rolf Steiner in Cross of Iron. James Coburn was an underrated actor IMO.

Sam Peckinpaw also directed The Wild Bunch another superb film; with an excellent performance by William Holden.

I don't know if Ken would ever say it's modeled after a certain actor or character he portrayed as that involves copyright and like issues.

K&C has modeled numerous figures after films and film actors with great success i.e. Brad Pitt in Fury! I could see WB doing the same with equal success. The WB figure is excellent whether it is modeled after Rolf Steiner or not.

I don't know if Ken would ever say it's modeled after a certain actor or character he portrayed as that involves copyright and like issues.

I am looking forward to getting this one. Any idea when it will be released?

many movie characters have also been done in the 1/35th realm as well.

This figure definitley looks like Steiner.

Very good looking figure with a bunch of others that are coming out that will go very well together on a small vignette

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back