New Diorama (1 Viewer)

Would like to see the repaints, not a big fan of CS Green. Done right these figures could come up a treat. Nice backdrop. Robin.

Great figures except the way 1 is pointing look forward to the repaints,agree nice dio stand.

I agree... You'd think CS would do some uniform research before releasing these.

The dio base is beautifully done. I love it. Can't comment on the figures camo since I don't know much about it but agree with you guys the green on camo is too bright.

I wonder if the photo was taken with flash. Xenon flash tubes produce high levels of ultra violet light which can cause some paint to Flouresce. The color appears brighter and some times the color spectrum is shifted. The same photo in incandescent light might not be as lurid. Regards

Hi all from Greece!
Here are the latest updates (just finished the weathering) for my friend's diorama.
Hope you like them.
Regards and Happy Easter to all!

PS: the photos are taken at daylight, with a little "exposure" adjusting at Photoshop ;)

P4170003.jpg
P4170005.jpg
P4170009.jpg
P4170007.jpg

Dimkaras...

your work is spectacular...so nicely detailed...

please tell me...

where did you buy the ballusters...posts and railings...

I have always had trouble finding them in a 54-60mm scale...

Dimkaras...

your work is spectacular...so nicely detailed...

please tell me...

where did you buy the ballusters...posts and railings...

I have always had trouble finding them in a 54-60mm scale...

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your kind words.

The balustrades diorama is a (another) commissioned work for a US friend.
He bought these 1:35 Armand Bayardi sets, Stone Balustrade and Pedestal Combo Pack, from Michigan Toy Soldier Company, but for his diorama needs I made also some extra copies ;)
Actually the size/scale fits perfect for the 1:30 figures too, as you may see at my images below.
Also I used a part from the pedestal to make this base too.

P4180018.jpg
P4180021.jpg
P4180022.jpg

Dimkaras...thank you for the info on the ballusters...and yes...they work well with 1/30...much appreciated...

Hi again,
Here are some update images for the figures of the diorama
I just repainted their camo pattern.
Your thoughts would be welcome.
Regards.

P5080019.JPG
P5080024.JPG
P5080022.JPG
P5080006.JPG
P5080008.JPG

You have done a great paint job, fairly big effort by the looks. You should be happy with these, they look mean. Robin.

The tones are far better much less GREEN in your face. I would say that I would dampen down the excessively bright green on the bases and they will be fine. Wonder what it is with green that baffles the manufacturers so??
Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back