New figures on U.K Collectors club site (1 Viewer)

pochmahone

Private 2
Hi all

There are new figures shown on the UK collectors club site from the the summer catalogue.

Regards

Brian

Thanks for the tip-off Brian.
Some great new Napoleonics.
I particularly like the pose of the Light Company officer of the 44th Foot.
Also, nice to see he has a water bottle - a 'nod' to him being on campaign.
Bill

Eight new German WWII figures - two paras, six volkgrenadiers plus the 88mm gun - which has a listed price of £35.99 (the same price of the figures)! Obviously a typo but if only! No other nationalities.

Eight new German WWII figures - two paras, six volkgrenadiers plus the 88mm gun - which has a listed price of £35.99 (the same price of the figures)! Obviously a typo but if only! No other nationalities.

Do you have a link to the web page ?

Yes from the Naps, AZW and FIW, quite a few new figures to look forward to.
Steve

I saw the paint masters for the new and soon to be released Fallschirmjagers and Volksgrenadiers at WB's History Symposium last week. These are exceptionally well done . . . enough so that I have decided to start collecting WB WWII . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Well, the new releases for ACW, Clash of Empires, Vikings, and WWII will require me to get a 2nd mortgage on the house. I do hope my wife does understand, either that or I will have to declare WB as a co-defendant in my divorce case . . . {eek3}

The ACW accessory pack is a great add for dioramas and the Confed company grade officer is a must have. Chris

For the Germans labeled as Volksgrenadier, is there any reason why they could not just be regular, late war Heer?

For the Germans labeled as Volksgrenadier, is there any reason why they could not just be regular, late war Heer?

Brad, as the collector, why not? I do know that WB created these Volksgrenadiers for late war scenarios especially the winter of 1944-1945. Historically the Volksgrenadiers were formed in the Autumn of 1944. From Wikipedia - The name itself was intended to build morale, appealing at once to nationalism (Volk) and Germany's older military traditions (Grenadier).

Some great new releases coming our way........ AND also a rather large price increase.

Looks like an additional 5 Pounds per figure.

While originally planning on adding some new WB series ( WWII, Clash of Empires, ) to my collection, this big increase puts an end to those thoughts.

Instead of constantly spending more on this hobby, I find myself actually buying less and being far more choosey.

Some great new releases coming our way........ AND also a rather large price increase.

Looks like an additional 5 Pounds per figure.

While originally planning on adding some new WB series ( WWII, Clash of Empires, ) to my collection, this big increase puts an end to those thoughts.

Instead of constantly spending more on this hobby, I find myself actually buying less and being far more choosey.

Yes does seem like a it of a hefty price rise though the sculpts and painting is much better than years gone by.
However having had on pre order and paid for my choices of the new releases back in January and am still waiting for them.
This has put me off paying up front on pre orders again.
Steve

There does seem to be a number of great new releases coming out and it is very tempting to start another collection but I also have a fixed budget for my toy soldiers which will keep me with just the CoE and ACW for now. The 88 looks great from the pictures but I have fought off the temptation of starting the WW2 series, so far. There are a number of must haves for ACW and I agree with Chris that one of them is the Confederate officer and the equipment set. I made my own stacked knapsacks and rifles using Shenandoah extras and they are just too small when put next to WB figures up close. The ACW equipment set just solved that issue for me. The Confederate officer looks like he has a Western flair? Thank you Ken and WB. Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back