New Forum Look (1 Viewer)

Similar to my earlier post about the text color visibility in modal popups, in the text editor, when adding a reply, if we highlight text to crop it, eg, by placing the cursor at the end of a line, then holding the shift key and placing the cursor at the other end of the line, there is no shading, or else a color that is virtually indistinguishable from the text editor field's background. It would make it user-friendlier to use a color with more contrast.

Prost!
Brad

Here is an item for the upgrade punch list-the text in some dialog modals is black on the dark green background, and nearly impossible to see:

View attachment 339564

White text would be most visible.

Prost!
Brad

Interesting-when I choose the Mark forums read feature from the What's New page, then the modal has a white background with black text:
1719592031467.png

Different style sheets for those pages? Anyway, that's probably the best style for that popup, wherever it is called.

Prost!
Brad

Similar to my earlier post about the text color visibility in modal popups, in the text editor, when adding a reply, if we highlight text to crop it, eg, by placing the cursor at the end of a line, then holding the shift key and placing the cursor at the other end of the line, there is no shading, or else a color that is virtually indistinguishable from the text editor field's background. It would make it user-friendlier to use a color with more contrast.

Prost!
Brad
Thanks, i appreciate you pointing these things out. I’ll address them.

I am working on this stuff now. If you see any other colors that are off let me know and I will do my best to fix them. Also, let me know what color is correct.

Think the majority of people on the forum are of 'an age' and do not like change, i have a free bus pass, so no spring chicken. Not wanting change goes with age i think, but lets give it a go shall we, after all it is free. At some point i would like to see a list of new and/or easier functions, just to update me, so i can see where i can get more out of the forum and do things easier on the forum. Such as will there be any changes in uploading pictures, as that is always a bit of pain to do, mainly to do with picture size. As for the cosmetic look, that is just an opinion and we all have those, whatever, people will get used to it.

I was trying to think of the biggest change i have made in the last couple of years! The only think i can think of is i changed from Heinz Baked Beans to Branstons Baked Beans, for the UK Tfroggers, if you have not, then try them they are so much tastier.

I may start a thread to see what was the last major change TFroggers made and/or liked.

The Forum looks like the old one if you choose the TalkDev1 style at the bottom of the screen.
The TalkDev theme is supposed to be the only one you all see. I have addressed that. I’m still tweaking colors here and there. It was very difficult to make it look the same but it’s close.

I appreciate your help and positivity!

There was really no choice here because the old system just wasn’t working properly.

Last edited:
Sure thing! I test software for a living; I'm a QA analyst. Glad to help out!

Prost!
Brad
You guys are a giant help!

I believe I fixed both of these issues and a couple others as well. Feel free to test and let me know. :) I know there are a few other minor issues with text color and backgrounds I still have to find and sort out.

I added a sidebar with some useful information. See if you all like it. I am just testing some new features.
Rich:

I do not know if I do or do not like the changes.

More importantly I respect and appreciate your hard work as you try make this forum as user friendly as possible.

Hang in there.

Best,
Jason

Can we please return to having latest posts appear first! Having to go to the start of a thread to see your latest post is a major pain in the backside!

The latest posts are at the end of the thread like they are in almost every other forum. I’m not exactly sure how you want the posts.

Currently. The original post is first and the latest post is last. This is how it’s supposed to be.

There is a jump to new button on top you can use also to take you to the latest thread.

The latest posts are at the end of the thread like they are in almost every other forum. I’m not exactly sure how you want the posts.

Currently. The original post is first and the latest post is last. This is how it’s supposed to be.

There is a jump to new button on top you can use also to take you to the latest thread.
I think the biggest complaint was that newest posts were appearing first so that it was in inverse chronological order rather than the newest post appearing last. That has been fixed. Thanks.

I think the biggest complaint was that newest posts were appearing first so that it was in inverse chronological order rather than the newest post appearing last. That has been fixed. Thanks.
NO SORRY, THE OLD WAY WAS BETTER, LASTEST POST FIRST PLEASE! Example......my Uncivil war thread has 13 pages, you have troll until you get to newest post. Want newest posts first as before.....PLEASE.

NO SORRY, THE OLD WAY WAS BETTER, LASTEST POST FIRST PLEASE! Example......my Uncivil war thread has 13 pages, you have troll until you get to newest post. Want newest posts first as before.....PLEASE.

It is the old way: newest posts at the bottom. I went to your thread and clicked on the last date a post was made (March 1), all the way on the right, and it took me right to that post. If you click on the thread title (all the way on the left), yes, it will start you on page 1. That’s the way things are supposed to work.

Just click the new posts button or see the new posts in the sidebar. You don’t have to scroll through every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back