New Forum Look (1 Viewer)

The one thing I like about the new forum is posting pictures. Resizing images or using a third-party image hosting service was always a pain.

Brendan
I still prefer third party hosting because the photos come out bigger. Have you ever looked at SmugMug. Quite easy.

If you want to see threads you’ve started go to thedrop down on the left and choose “your threads”. I’m not sure why it’s important to know where people are from. To me that seems like a minor point.
Your opinion is not called for but thanks for the info regarding the drop down menu.

I still prefer third party hosting because the photos come out bigger. Have you ever looked at SmugMug. Quite easy.

Hmm never heard of it. I haven't had any issues with the new system changing photo sizes. I suppose it is compressing the image though.

Brendan

... I’m not sure why it’s important to know where people are from. To me that seems like a minor point.
It might seem like a minor point, but it was a feature of the previous version. In my work, application development, when a new version lacks a feature that was present in a previous version, that's called a regression. Granted that it may be that the feature was dropped because the new version could no longer support the functionality. That's called a technical limitation. But if it was just overlooked, that's a regression and should be fixed, if possible.
I can see wanting to see a poster's location, if it's possible, on that basis. I can sympathize with Terp; I found it interesting to see where people were from, too. I don't agree his comment for offering your opinion, though. It's a discussion forum. We're discussing.

Prost!
Brad

It might seem like a minor point, but it was a feature of the previous version. In my work, application development, when a new version lacks a feature that was present in a previous version, that's called a regression. Granted that it may be that the feature was dropped because the new version could no longer support the functionality. That's called a technical limitation. But if it was just overlooked, that's a regression and should be fixed, if possible.
I can see wanting to see a poster's location, if it's possible, on that basis. I can sympathize with Terp; I found it interesting to see where people were from, too. I don't agree his comment for offering your opinion, though. It's a discussion forum. We're discussing.

Prost!
Brad
I agree it’s nice to have. Other forums that I belong to have them. Perhaps it was just an oversight.

It will be custom code to put a user's location on their info screen. Since many put locations that are not where they really are, unsure if this is an add-on that would be cost effective.
Customizing things is never free unfortunately. And I hope everyone does appreciate I have kept this Forum free as many Forums (hobby, lifestyle, collecting, etc) are not any longer.

Julie

Customizing things is never free unfortunately. And I hope everyone does appreciate I have kept this Forum free as many Forums (hobby, lifestyle, collecting, etc) are not any longer.

Julie
Julie,
Having been webmaster for several corporate and non-profit sites, I know that running a site is much harder (and expensive) than it looks. I think TF does a great job in providing this FREE service to collectors. I use the site daily with no issues or complaints. Please keep up the good work!

It will be custom code to put a user's location on their info screen. Since many put locations that are not where they really are, unsure if this is an add-on that would be cost effective.

Julie
Pls accept my apology for my rather rude post. THank you for providing this service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back