New Forum Look (2 Viewers)

Yes, thank you Julie. There may be teething problems but the site is much more user friendly, especially regarding the upload of photos.
Thank you so much.
Jas

Confusing, when I look at the "Members Oline" counter on the start page it says 62 Members online (members plus guests). As I went through all the threads that give figures of the actual number of people watching that thread and added up those numbers from the entire page it says 449 people watching - how does this come about? Which count is the correct one?

Confusing, when I look at the "Members Oline" counter on the start page it says 62 Members online (members plus guests). As I went through all the threads that give figures of the actual number of people watching that thread and added up those numbers from the entire page it says 449 people watching - how does this come about? Which count is the correct one?
Watching is like following. I believe that is what you are referring to.

Members online refers to the amount of members online presently.

Thank you, so the quoted figure 62 is the number of people who are actually online visiting the forum at present.
Basically, though, it is based on cookies, so it might be people who have viewed it within a certain amount of time, like 15 minutes or possibly 30.

Some people (members & guests) open several threads (tabs), would that produce the same 'multiplication' result?

The format of the new member list is a little cumbersome to use. The alpha list the old format featured was a little easier to use than the current search. Sure, you can search, but if you have the forum handle wrong, the search won't return what you're looking for. The new list is basically a multipage list with no way to filter, in a general sense, by initial letter. It was easier before when we could got to a part of the list by letter. That saved by scrolling.
Of course, if that functionality isn't available with the new format, then it is what it is.

Prost!
Brad

It is set at 20 minutes, just checked.
Thanks. When I went to edit a post today I was told I had exceeded the three minute time limit. Of course, not the end of the world.

I've waited for some time to voice an opinion on the new Forum and doubt this will count for much but this new system is abysmal. Can't where I've previously posted or started new threads. Likewise, can't see where people are from on their postings. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction but I'm losing interest on this site.

I've waited for some time to voice an opinion on the new Forum and doubt this will count for much but this new system is abysmal. Can't where I've previously posted or started new threads. Likewise, can't see where people are from on their postings. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction but I'm losing interest on this site.

If you want to see threads you’ve started go to thedrop down on the left and choose “your threads”. I’m not sure why it’s important to know where people are from. To me that seems like a minor point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back