New Hetzer (3 Viewers)

Figarti nice when it stays on but, for me a little too dark on the allied AFV's and, I don't know about you guys but, I always feel Figarti seem to fragile and always a bit wary of holding them. CS in terms of paint went for the more bolder camo colours for their Normandy range and, what they remind me of is some of the camo patterns from the Italian theatre of ops that the germans used.

I still think some of the best armour to have hit the market have come from CS. the Panzer I from the DAK range still being one of my favourite AFV's.. the marder from the arnhem range was also superb to name a few
Mitch

To me CS. Earley armour was the best but after super size Tiger that was it for me and the apple green camo

How is the new Sherman? Was thinking of picking it up in a few weeks.

IMO, the Sherman is cast in similar fashion to all the most recent models. The lines are sharp and crisp; it is packed in exactly the same way. I love it, albeit, it doesn't have the damaged track either. I understand the Hetzer proved to be too difficult, but what happened to this one? However, the Hetzer is packed in a flimsy package, and the cast of the body is just not as clean. It looks like a resin model. The Sherman could be diecast...it's that good. I'm running out of room anyway. So, this might be a good time to bailout (in the tanker's vernacular). :(

Is this down to the move to the US?? I can't recall a CS AFV have such bad press on release. Even the Tiger I was only or, mostly down to scale. Mine are due on friday so, waiting with anticipation. Having seen some of the clearer pics of the Hetzer and, the glossy (we shall say) coating that looks in terms of how I weather and see weathering to be more as a result of rain. especially around the mantlet. I agree with what has been stated about fuel at the rear of an AFV causing some shine but, overall dust and usual grime may not cause the shine that is seen. Its hard even with the better pics because of the light to see how its been done. will be able to add a little after seeing them.

Neil...

Agree but, saying that I did really like the Jagdpanther very well made accurate and, a perfect size.
Mitch

IMO, the Sherman is cast in similar fashion to all the most recent models. The lines are sharp and crisp; it is packed in exactly the same way. I love it, albeit, it doesn't have the damaged track either. I understand the Hetzer proved to be too difficult, but what happened to this one? However, the Hetzer is packed in a flimsy package, and the cast of the body is just not as clean. It looks like a resin model. The Sherman could be diecast...it's that good. I'm running out of room anyway. So, this might be a good time to bailout (in the tanker's vernacular). :(

Very nice! Looks like i'll be picking up the new sherman. Thanks Jürgen_Keuppe.

Is this down to the move to the US?? I can't recall a CS AFV have such bad press on release. Even the Tiger I was only or, mostly down to scale. Mine are due on friday so, waiting with anticipation. Having seen some of the clearer pics of the Hetzer and, the glossy (we shall say) coating that looks in terms of how I weather and see weathering to be more as a result of rain. especially around the mantlet. I agree with what has been stated about fuel at the rear of an AFV causing some shine but, overall dust and usual grime may not cause the shine that is seen. Its hard even with the better pics because of the light to see how its been done. will be able to add a little after seeing them.

Neil...

Agree but, saying that I did really like the Jagdpanther very well made accurate and, a perfect size.
Mitch
Yes the jagdpanther was very nice but not impressed CS with missing broken tracks not with the Sherman and the Hetzer when we were told they were at the startv

Neil..

I fully understand but, for me, I was never interested in the broken track option at all so, its not an issue for me. although it adds interest and, a great deal for the money collectors pay I am glad it seems to be going. Most of the CS I have where its an option have seen them go back in the box and, the main track section glued in place.
Mitch

In looking at the shine , I am wondering if this finish was an attempt to simulate metal on what is usually a poly resin model. If I remember the Easy 8 also had that sheen to it, and I almost thought it was a metal shell by its appearance. Michael

Neil..

I fully understand but, for me, I was never interested in the broken track option at all so, its not an issue for me. although it adds interest and, a great deal for the money collectors pay I am glad it seems to be going. Most of the CS I have where its an option have seen them go back in the box and, the main track section glued in place.
Mitch

To me the thrown track option is great, but doing it too often is overkill on the concept .

"Is this down to the move to the US?? I can't recall a CS AFV have such bad press on release" hah: thats right: bloody yanks: you have to get your mits in everything :)

"Is this down to the move to the US?? I can't recall a CS AFV have such bad press on release" hah: thats right: bloody yanks: you have to get your mits in everything :)

Oh I say that was rather poor form don't you think? What is wrong with having a company based in the US making products in the US. I like most of you convicts down under. Lot of my Irish brethren were sent there. So let's watch the bloody yanks thingy. {sm4}

Guys.

Can anyone comment on the Hetzer previously posted photos are nice but looking for pics or comments on size relative to figures. Does it stand up to large figures better than the TGM Hetzer.

Armchair Warrior

I think they are comparable, but it is my opinion for what it is worth. My biggest question on the TG version is the same as their Puma the hatches do not open leading to either long tedious conversions or no figures coming out. As for size the Heyzer was small and I think the TG version is closer to the scale of the real deal.

I think they are comparable, but it is my opinion for what it is worth. My biggest question on the TG version is the same as their Puma the hatches do not open leading to either long tedious conversions or no figures coming out. As for size the Heyzer was small and I think the TG version is closer to the scale of the real deal.

Hey Shyguy,

Thanks for responding. Do you have both TG and TCS Hetzers? I was looking for a side by side comparison. In a thread on the TG forum the size of the Hetzer was discussed and the general consensus was that it may be accurate 1/30 but it is a smaller scale than TG figures. If you have either of the "house party" Airborne sets you can see that their rifles are longer than the machine gun on the Hetzer. In real life the MG is 48 in. and M1 43.5 in. I was hoping that the TCS Hetzer was larger and big enough to look like the same scale as the TG figures. If you have both can you advise?

Armchair Warrior

I'm not a fan of CS, but i respect them for having "made in USA" product:) Im sick of all the other products "made in China".. It's really sickening and annoying!

Hey Shyguy,

Thanks for responding. Do you have both TG and TCS Hetzers? I was looking for a side by side comparison. In a thread on the TG forum the size of the Hetzer was discussed and the general consensus was that it may be accurate 1/30 but it is a smaller scale than TG figures. If you have either of the "house party" Airborne sets you can see that their rifles are longer than the machine gun on the Hetzer. In real life the MG is 48 in. and M1 43.5 in. I was hoping that the TCS Hetzer was larger and big enough to look like the same scale as the TG figures. If you have both can you advise?

Armchair Warrior

I know I am a little late to the party here...But I just got the bug to pick up these Hetzer's...I found this thread thru a search , so I am just going to bump it...I just received the TCS Winter Hetzer & the TGM Normandy Hetzer...I had previously purchased the TGM Winter Hetzer...
I liked it so much , I tracked down these two as well...
I took some side by side pic's of TCS Winter Hetzer with both of my TGM Hetzer's...TCS Winter Hetzer is visibly bigger than the TGM Hetzer...Both good looking AFV's...
Pics below...

Joe

phpyQuxM1AM.jpgphpuqu6jSAM.jpgphpkJdGZ2AM.jpgphpjTaLPYAM.jpgphpYkfukBAM.jpg

Joe,

Good looking Hetzers you have there. That is an interesting winter paint job on the TCS with the squiggly lines. As far as the size goes, I actually prefer the larger TCS vehicles in most cases as they seem to fit better with most of the figures in my collection. Too bad the TCS Hetzer didn't come with a "thrown track" option like some of the older ones do. It is a good looking model though and I may have to pick one up.

Joe,

Good looking Hetzers you have there. That is an interesting winter paint job on the TCS with the squiggly lines. As far as the size goes, I actually prefer the larger TCS vehicles in most cases as they seem to fit better with most of the figures in my collection. Too bad the TCS Hetzer didn't come with a "thrown track" option like some of the older ones do. It is a good looking model though and I may have to pick one up.

Duke,

TCS Winter version is still available in most places , but the Normandy version has been sold out everywhere...I was looking...I am ok with not have a thrown track...I like it as my first Collector's Showcase piece...

Joe

Duke,

TCS Winter version is still available in most places , but the Normandy version has been sold out everywhere...I was looking...I am ok with not have a thrown track...I like it as my first Collector's Showcase piece...

Joe

Great pick up mate now you have your first TCS piece im betting it won't be your last...............{sm4}

I know I am a little late to the party here...But I just got the bug to pick up these Hetzer's...I found this thread thru a search , so I am just going to bump it...I just received the TCS Winter Hetzer & the TGM Normandy Hetzer...I had previously purchased the TGM Winter Hetzer...
I liked it so much , I tracked down these two as well...
I took some side by side pic's of TCS Winter Hetzer with both of my TGM Hetzer's...TCS Winter Hetzer is visibly bigger than the TGM Hetzer...Both good looking AFV's...
Pics below...

Joe

View attachment 146722View attachment 146723View attachment 146724View attachment 146725View attachment 146726

Great comparison photos. The Thomas Gunn Normandy Hetzer really nails the colors correctly. Every bit as good as the Figarti Jagdpanzer IV; which mine sits next to on a shelf. I only wish they had opened the hatch and included a figure. I would have been happy to pay more for those features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back