New K&C Collector (1 Viewer)

unclenick

Private 2
hello, I have been on this forum reading the threads for over a year and decied to join up. I have been collecting K&C for about a year ans a half ago ever since I went to the alamo with the family in march of 2009. I passed by Kings X and looked in the window but did not want to go in. On the way back I passed it up again and my wife asked me twice if I was sure I did not want to go in( her big mistake). So I decied to go in and take a quick look. After spending $300 i started my collection and decided this is all I need to collect from now on. I was instantly hooked.

I used to make 1/35 scale tank models and also buy them built already on eaby. To feed my new K&C addiction I sold off every 1/35 tank (60 models) on eaby and I also sold my 1/6" dragon action figure collection (50+) as well. I replaced them with all K&C stuff.

I collect almost all the lines, but my favorite are the german afrika korps and the german paratroopers from the crete line. I also like to try and win the retired stuff on ebay such as the king's german legion figures. These are very hard to get.

I also collect john jemkins and thomas gunn. Usually I will get what K&C does not make.Thanks for reading.

Sounds like a good wife. Welcome to the forum
Mitch

hello, I have been on this forum reading the threads for over a year and decied to join up. I have been collecting K&C for about a year ans a half ago ever since I went to the alamo with the family in march of 2009. I passed by Kings X and looked in the window but did not want to go in. On the way back I passed it up again and my wife asked me twice if I was sure I did not want to go in( her big mistake). So I decied to go in and take a quick look. After spending $300 i started my collection and decided this is all I need to collect from now on. I was instantly hooked.

I used to make 1/35 scale tank models and also buy them built already on eaby. To feed my new K&C addiction I sold off every 1/35 tank (60 models) on eaby and I also sold my 1/6" dragon action figure collection (50+) as well. I replaced them with all K&C stuff.

I collect almost all the lines, but my favorite are the german afrika korps and the german paratroopers from the crete line. I also like to try and win the retired stuff on ebay such as the king's german legion figures. These are very hard to get.

I also collect john jemkins and thomas gunn. Usually I will get what K&C does not make.Thanks for reading.

A warm welcome to the forum Unclenick ,good to have you aboard,look forward to your posts:)

Rob

Unclenick mate,
A big warm welcome to the Forum from the Land Downunder. I hope you enjoy your collecting and posting.
Cheers Howard

Howdy Neighbor - I'm just south of you, below Lake Pontchartrain...you made a good decision, all that time spent assembling and painting tanks when can just buy them already assembled and painted, with all of the add-ons you can possibly think of...congrats

Welcome to the forum. Just out of interest, did you make out on the ebay selling. I am thinking of doing the same to feed my K&C habbit.

Cheers Rif

It's good to see another ex-modeller join the crowd.

I did pretty good with selling all the tanks on ebay. I sold them for btw $20-$30 each. The action figures went for about $20 each.

Everyone, thanks for the warm welcome and greeting. I look forward to discussing with you guys.

Dom

Welcome to the forum! The original German paratroopers K&C came out with a year or two ago and recently discontinued are very nice! Advice: pick your favourite era/line carefully and (try to..!) stick to it, otherwise collector's madness will ensue..! :)

I already have the madness. I was overwhelmed the first time I walked into King's Xin San Antonio. It takes me a hour to buy one figure to incease the ranks of my armies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back