New line!!!! Wwi (1 Viewer)

Sahara

Command Sergeant Major
FL your a tricky one but I saw the extra line titled "The Great War". Figures look excellent!

The First World I Germans look great. Obviously FL are going to commemorate next years 100th anniversary in a suitable manner. I see from their announcement that they also intend to do Eastern Front. I'd certainly love to see some Austro-Hungarians but I expect they will be somewhere towards the end of the qeueu.

These look excellent and I particularly like the cowering figure and excellent pose and idea. Looks like FL will take WWI by storm. I also would like to see eastern front stormtroopers.
Having just finished viewing the newsletter to see Normandy FJ's was something I was not expecting!
Mitch

Last edited:
Just checked website and it seems that Matt is starting with the Somme, German , British and French. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. And so it begins. You very naughty producers are all going to be releasing a plethora of items over the next four years and us WW1 enthusiasts will be inundated in a choice bonanza!

These figures are superb. All of them. The cowering guy is excellent and the guy pulling other guy back is also so good. It's obvious someone at FL said 'Right. lets imagine what would be happening under that seven day barrage on the Somme in the German trenches before the whistles blew. There is not a weak figure among these in my opinion. Top work FL.

The frightening thing is this....these are just the Jerries so far!{eek3}

Rob

PS A friend just pm'd me and asked me what I would like to see in this range. My answer would be lots of different casualties when Matt produces the Brits, one or two would not really do because a realistic Somme dio needs quite a few being the slaughter it was on the first day.

Last edited:
Just checked website and it seems that Matt is starting with the Somme, German , British and French. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. And so it begins. You very naughty producers are all going to be releasing a plethora of items over the next four years and us WW1 enthusiasts will be spoilt for choice.

These figures are superb. All of them. The cowering guy is excellent and the guy pulling other guy back is also so good. It's obvious someone at FL said 'Right. lets imagine what would be happening under that seven day barrage on the Somme in the German trenches before the whistles blew.

The frightening thing is this....these are just the Jerries so far!{eek3}

Rob
Yes, we Great War fans are doomed to the poor house, if the Jerries are anything to go by the Tommies will be a must to see....
Wayne.

Yes, we Great War fans are doomed to the poor house, if the Jerries are anything to go by the Tommies will be a must to see....
Wayne.

Very much looking forward to the Tommies Wayne. Going to be a cracking time to collect WW1 over the coming years by the sound of it. With Britain's, K&C and FL all making WW1 its going to open up lots of choice. For one thing it would be quite possible to say have a trench full of Britain's Brits on one side and a trench of these stunning FL Germans on the other, the space between them would hide to some extent any scale diff. Also I wonder how these FL's would look in Britain's Trench scene?

I think I'm going to have to sell another relative next year.

Rob

It's obvious someone at FL said 'Right. lets imagine what would be happening under that seven day barrage on the Somme in the German trenches before the whistles blew.

Rob you have truly read our minds on this. In fact, check the "Great War" page again, we just added another little teaser. :wink2:

And thanks all for the kind words about the new range!

Best,

Matt

Rob you have truly read our minds on this. In fact, check the "Great War" page again, we just added another little teaser. :wink2:

And thanks all for the kind words about the new range!

Best,

Matt

Will do Matt. And you are very welcome, these look simply superb.:salute::

Best

Rob

Last edited:
Matt, I won't bombard you with a zillion different questions as these are not even released yet, but what do you think of the more than one or two casualties question re the Brits on the Somme?

Rob

Matt, I won't bombard you with a zillion different questions as these are not even released yet, but what do you think of the more than one or two casualties question re the Brits on the Somme?

Rob

While I don't consider myself a macabre kind of guy, if you look at our British 5th Foot release for AWI who were attacking Bunker Hill you'll get an idea of where my head is at with this. Sometimes you need the casualties when appropriate to tell the story correctly. I think this is one of those times and hopefully collectors will agree because normally the wounded and dead aren't exactly top sellers! :(

Ok, am off now as the mid-autumn festival holiday is beginning here so if anyone has additional questions, please don't hesitate to email.

Best,

Matt

While I don't consider myself a macabre kind of guy, if you look at our British 5th Foot release for AWI who were attacking Bunker Hill you'll get an idea of where my head is at with this. Sometimes you need the casualties when appropriate to tell the story correctly. I think this is one of those times and hopefully collectors will agree because normally the wounded and dead aren't exactly top sellers! :(

Ok, am off now as the mid-autumn festival holiday is beginning here so if anyone has additional questions, please don't hesitate to email.

Best,

Matt

Thanks ever so much Matt, your reply is much appreciated. As you say there are some actions in which such casualties were suffered that you could not produce a realistic scene without them in noticeable numbers.

Enjoy your holiday!

Best
Rob

DOOMED I say, doomed......{sm4}
Wayne.

^&grin

Rob

Yes I believe I will Mitch. Whilst my WW2 collection is almost entirely of one producer (except for the superb TG FJ's) I like the idea of having a WW1 Collection in which I have Britain's, FL and if they produce more next year K&C. (I missed out on their previous WW1 figs).

Rob

Last edited:
I am not that interested in WWI as I am with WWII don't have a lot of things on that war. However, Britain's as you mention and their releases attracted me greatly to get a number of their Tommy releases and I got a few Germans also. these first pics of the WWI venture from FL have also done the same. JJD WWI aircraft also did similar in terms of the air war.

The trench sections look wonderful but, I don't buy dio products as I build myself so, no manufacturers get any of my money on these kind of things. Whilst I have said some things about FL that don't appeal to me as well as what does (Its what we are here for!!) I have just received this morning a box of stuff from the Stalingrad series (winter tank riders and ostketten winter Panzer III which until recently I had not seen and they are superb.
Mitch

Yes I believe I will Mitch. Whilst my WW2 collection is almost entirely of one producer (except for the superb TG FJ's) I like the idea of having a WW1 Collection in which I have Britain's, FL and if they produce more next year K&C. (I missed out on their previous WW1 figs).

Rob

Every time I think I am out they pull me back in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic new line ....:salute::

Mitch,

Very much agree about both Britain's and JJ. JJ's aircraft are really something. To now see FL joining the WW1 fray is very welcome indeed. I must say I'd like to have a go at building a trench section one day, but just haven't got round to it yet.

You are quite correct in what you say re posting about your likes and dislikes. I'm glad you are chuffed with your recent WW2 releases , I don't collect those myself but I know how popular they are. I think FL 's ACW figures just terrific and possibly the finest figures they produce (my humble opinion of course), I now have a couple myself. And these new WW1 figures look like they may be even better.^&cool

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back