New Release: German Prisoners Normandy (1 Viewer)

The Collectors Showcase

Staff Sergeant
German POW Sets​

Round em' up and move'em out! TCS is very pleased to present German prisoners being searched somewhere in Normandy.

These gems are ready to set up as a full POW line. We put those "krauts" where they belong! Behind barbed wire: the war is over for them! Choose from a variety of sets. Just perfect for an American oriented diorama with our prisoners on the side of the road. Check out the meddly of late war camo.

These limited edition pieces are apart of our holiday catalog offerings and ship in four short weeks. Can't wait to set up mine :)

Onward!! Cheers,

Brian

PR1.jpg

These are extremely nice. Fills a void. Like the GI, too. -- Al

Interesting theme and much needed releases. However, I am not sold on the camo patterns at all
Mitch

Interesting theme and much needed releases. However, I am not sold on the camo patterns at all
Mitch
Same thought I had. The pea camo looks right but the Italian camo looks 'off'. -- Al

Al...

Pea dot looks fine as it always has. just never seen that colourway or pattern style before!!!!
Mitch

Same thought I had. The pea camo looks right but the Italian camo looks 'off'. -- Al

Great idea will we be getting Allied POW,s with a couple of SS guards and a German shepherd.....................^&grin

Sorry I couldn't help that last comment. Brian I think they look great. I am looking forward to seeing them in the shop.

Guys...

This camo pattern and, its use has always interested me as many depict post war colourways.

The widespread use of the italian camo began with the disarmament of the italians in 1943. The LAH an HJ participated in the use and integration of this material source (more fully than other divisions) but, it was widely used by all forces including the Kriegsmarine.

Following disarmament large stocks of material was used by the germans who had problems supplying their own troops with uniforms. Not only were these stocks used but, frequently they were adapted either tailor made but, more often than not, theatre made for operational use. The germans made tunics, trousers smocks and zeltbahn's and caps.

The only pattern I have seen used was the M29 or 1929 Telo mimetico from the year of its manufacturer. It was used in a variety of forms until the 1990's making it one of the longest production camo's. It was made from duck cotton and differed from german camo in that it was single sided and thus, not reversable. The reverse had a distinct dark brown colour and not red brown as believed. Colours were varied but, light greenish yellow, medium greens and browns Colouration was consistantly darker in colour, more chocolate brown and never apparantly border on the rusty side of the colour. The greens were true and never had a blue or aqua hue.

Much discussion on these colours has been put forth but, an accepted definition states they look well faded and drab in appearance sometimes one will be hard pressed to distinquish a camo pattern on the cloth in question at all.

I have some very good pictures of the WWII patterns but, they will not resize to acceptable formats for the forum but, can be found easily through search engines. The pattern adopted by CS is very bold and rather to bright and garish IMO from the way it should be in the field. This is not just a CS issue all manufactuers who have attempted to use this have produced a too bold appearance, its just CS have gone a little further than most.
Mitch

Very well put actually! And I feel the criticism to be an honest assessment of how we chose to " stylize " the pattern.

While I may choose not to agree, as it is an artistic vision of the pattern it is great to see the enthusiasm for our products, even if the comments are not what I might have made.

The figures are a joy to hold and display, I had employees at the studio grope them far longer than was normal ^&grin^&grin^&grin

Cheers Mitch!

Brian

Very well put actually! And I feel the criticism to be an honest assessment of how we chose to " stylize " the pattern.

While I may choose not to agree, as it is an artistic vision of the pattern it is great to see the enthusiasm for our products, even if the comments are not what I might have made.

The figures are a joy to hold and display, I had employees at the studio grope them far longer than was normal ^&grin^&grin^&grin

Cheers Mitch!

Brian

Very refreshing to get a straight reply from a manufacturer. ^&cool

Terry

Thanks for the reply, Brian. It is refreshing to have a manufacturer answer criticism without getting upset. We appreciate the explanation of the choices made. Collectors can understand artistic license in something like camo color hues, whether liked or not. Keep up the good work and the excellent communication. -- Al

Brian...

I am sure that the figures will be a success as regardless of critique (which, is not always a bad thing) your products are well made and, do sell well.

I agree with others its nice to see that you reply in the manner you do and, that you are big enough to admit that it is not a copy but, your interpretation of the subject matter.

As I said the surrender poses are most welcome
Mitch

Very nice and the Jagdpanther looks good too.
The groping of POW's is frowned upon these days!^&grin

Very nice and the Jagdpanther looks good too.
The groping of POW's is frowned upon these days!^&grin

Keeping with Collectors Showcase variants concept, collectors will be given the choice of groped German POWs and Non-Groped German POWs. All variants will be issued in Normandy camo colors.

Input regarding historical methods of prisoner groping will be heard by CS but the company reserves the right to exercise artistic license where neccesary. {sm4}{sm3}

That jagdpanter is sweeet!! At the Hackensack show I am getting either the 88 or the jagdpanther, and some more Romans...can't get enough of those two running legionaires- non-groped of course. {sm3}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back