New Release: KARL MORSER! (2 Viewers)

The Collectors Showcase

Staff Sergeant
New Release: KARL MORSER!​

TCS is just tickled to present our Karl Morser Gerat! This fine addition to the many other great AFV's we've done is strictly limited. Just 100 of each variant is to be produced. We offer both LOKI and THOR. Choose either or both. Each set has an elevating gun, full ladder and shell accessories. The three crew are sold separately.

This beast fired an 18 ton shell up to 6 miles. Just seven were built and they were used to deadly effect in the East. How handsome would this model be in your curio? Get ready for the the Holidays! Cause some pretty nifty stuff is coming your way! Get your free four color catalog here: www.thecollectorsshowcase.com

CS00989L THOR Railway Gun--- $379.90
CS00990S LOKI Railway Gun--- $379.90
CS00991 Morser crew 2 figs--- $75.90
CS00992 Morser Leutnant 1 fig--- $37.90

Cheers!

Brian

THOR CAMO FULL SIDE.jpg
THOR CAMO FULL SIDE.01.jpg
THOR GRAY ENTIRE.jpg

Sorry guys, But I need to correct you here....
Just absurd what you have said....There is no way that a projectile could way 18 tonnes!!....Also, these Morsers had a maximum range of 6580 meters firing HE and 4320 m firing concrete shells. The weight of each shell was 1700 kgs firing HE and 2180 kgs firing Concrete shells. Once the barrels of the initial 6 guns were worn down ( due to firing ) they were rechambered to 54cm L/13 and these could fire a heavy concrete shell of 1580kgs up to 10.5 kilometers.
Cheers
Artillery Crazy

New Release: KARL MORSER!​

TCS is just tickled to present our Karl Morser Gerat! This fine addition to the many other great AFV's we've done is strictly limited. Just 100 of each variant is to be produced. We offer both LOKI and THOR. Choose either or both. Each set has an elevating gun, full ladder and shell accessories. The three crew are sold separately.

This beast fired an 18 ton shell up to 6 miles. Just seven were built and they were used to deadly effect in the East. How handsome would this model be in your curio? Get ready for the the Holidays! Cause some pretty nifty stuff is coming your way! Get your free four color catalog here: www.thecollectorsshowcase.com

CS00989L THOR Railway Gun--- $379.90
CS00990S LOKI Railway Gun--- $379.90
CS00991 Morser crew 2 figs--- $75.90
CS00992 Morser Leutnant 1 fig--- $37.90

Cheers!

Brian

View attachment 221815
View attachment 221816
View attachment 221817

It is my problem with any artillery model in the Toy Soldier World, insufficient personnel. I understand the economic limitations, but a crew of three for such a piece just does not look right. It took 18 gunners for a Moerser and 21 in all (Gun Commander, Driver, Assistant Driver, 18 x Gunners). I wonder why it is acceptable to cut the crew short when it comes to artillery (all manufacturers do this), but unacceptable when it comes to tanks for example.

I fully agree, more Artillery crews are needed. I have E-mailed Brian requesting that he make Artillery crews available as individual figures or sets. TCS has made a number of excellent Artillery figures; but they are only sold with the Artillery pieces. K&C had a 5 man crew for their 10cm field gun. Figarti had add on sets for their Artillery pieces, which usually came with several figures. Hopefully Brian will follow up with additional crew figures for the Morsers.

It is my problem with any artillery model in the Toy Soldier World, insufficient personnel. I understand the economic limitations, but a crew of three for such a piece just does not look right. It took 18 gunners for a Moerser and 21 in all (Gun Commander, Driver, Assistant Driver, 18 x Gunners). I wonder why it is acceptable to cut the crew short when it comes to artillery (all manufacturers do this), but unacceptable when it comes to tanks for example.

From Wikipedia: The Heaviest shell weight was 2,170 kg (4,780 lb) Anything else was a lighter weight projectile.

Wayne

Yes, I agree with you about the number of gunners to man guns.

The 2 makers that have satisfied the correct manning details are John Jenkins with his recent WW1 British guns where he has a full detachment of 10, and K&C with the WW2 British 25 Pounders. The packaging of the gunners as either single or double boxed makes it a more affordable for collectors to fit the purchases into their budget, or to only have a smaller gun crew to fit into display space.

Making a universal pose on a gunner is also an advantage so that he can be used on other guns in the same army, like John Jenkins with his 2 WW1 guns and even his AA gun.

John

Crew size aside, my compliments to Collector's Showcase on a fine piece.

Great release!!!!!! I would use it for a dio about the siege of Sebastopol , 1942 {sm3}{sm3}{sm3}

Karl6.jpg

Would be nice to see TCS release a Morser Loader and additional crew and with accessory pack of munitions to go with the Karl Morser

Mark

I am looking at both of these monster's again, as they become more and more appealing every time I look. :salute::

Wayne

Has anyone received their Karl Morser yet?

{sm2}

Sure have, just the Grey one. Just had to attach the side rails and drop in the gun and loading tray and she is ready to go. Have a dio planned for it soon using my Figarti associated figures. Very happy with it, very similar to my Figarti Karl which I treasure. Robin.

Picked mine up yesterday just having a little trouble getting the railing to fit and crew staying in place but quite happy with the gun and fingers crossed TCS have additional accessories to go with it

Mark

I am looking at both of these monster's again, as they become more and more appealing every time I look. :salute::

Wayne

Wayne - if you still thinking about getting this monster, don't wait. Got mine two weeks ago. Very impressive model - as everything Brian is doing.

I wonder if anyone has found away to use any other figures to add to the crew. I think this beast would look better with more operators crawling around its mass....soldiers busy at work, scurrying around.

Joe

I wonder if anyone has found away to use any other figures to add to the crew. I think this beast would look better with more operators crawling around its mass....soldiers busy at work, scurrying around.

Joe

Figarti V1 and V2 crew maybe?

I am sure that based on past performance Brian will produce additional gun crew figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back