New Release: Scots Greys! (3 Viewers)

Thanks for the comments and I have no issue with releasing more "light infantry" units as well.
I was thinking of a more "generic" Fusilier in grey or brown great coats. Even at Waterloo (summer weather) many troops wore the coats to cover worn or non-regulation uniforms. In addition the rains preceding the battle must have soaked their uniforms. These figures could also be used for other campaigns (Borodino, retreat from Russia, the 1814 Campaign for France, etc.) that CS may consider in the future.
Most important I think would be variations of attack march and advance poses to build a column attack. I for one, would want to purchase 50 to 100 figures to build up an impressive diorama.

thanks for listening and I appreciate the quality and variety of your figures.

Congratulations Collectors Showcase,

This is one of the best renditions of the Royal Scots Greys I have seen.

The troopers are very well done, but the horses less so.

I like the faces of "controlled aggression" that reflect the adrenaline rush of a charge.

Raymond.:)

SCOTS1.jpg

Anyone know if CS will do French inf casualty figures to goes with these Sctots Grey's?.

Rob

I keep looking at the pic of them all toghether and feel my self slipping. I have only one set from frontline of this era and its not 1/30th and must admit its in the loft as I am not really a fan but, I think I may have to get these.
Brian...
What will the rrp be on these??
Mitch

I keep looking at the pic of them all toghether and feel my self slipping. I have only one set from frontline of this era and its not 1/30th and must admit its in the loft as I am not really a fan but, I think I may have to get these.
Brian...
What will the rrp be on these??
Mitch

We'll keep pricing in check as usual, these bad boys will go out right around $70.00 US each with a set special available at most retailers as well.

Cheers!

Brian

Hello everyone. My name is Paul I am a new member of the forum and I live in England. I have been reading the postings on the Treefrog Forum for many months now and thought it was about time to contribute some opinions and join the debates rather than sit here smouldering away without a voice.
Well here goes.
I have been waiting in anticipation of the CS British Napoleonic cavalry release for months. I knew it would come eventually because there seemed to be a lot of support for it.
CS have produced two absolutely fantastic (IMO) French cavalry releases in the Chasseurs a’ Cheval and the Polish Lancers so my expectation level was high.
I’m sorry to say that I am very disappointed that CS opted for the Scots Greys.
Don’t get me wrong the quality is again excellent (apart for the uniformity and unnatural colour of the horses again IMO) it’s just that it’s been done before by so many manufacturers.
Why not produce the Enniskillen Dragoons or the Life Guards or Royal Horse Guards they charged at Waterloo as well as the Scots Greys?
Anyone else of the same opinion?

Welcome to the forum 'Naps', hope you enjoy it here:)

I like the look of the Scots Greys myself, but all Brit cavalry would be welcomed I guess:cool:

Cheers

Rob

Welcome Naps...

I am sure Brian will get around to them in time
Mitch

Hello everyone. My name is Paul I am a new member of the forum and I live in England. I have been reading the postings on the Treefrog Forum for many months now and thought it was about time to contribute some opinions and join the debates rather than sit here smouldering away without a voice.
Well here goes.
I have been waiting in anticipation of the CS British Napoleonic cavalry release for months. I knew it would come eventually because there seemed to be a lot of support for it.
CS have produced two absolutely fantastic (IMO) French cavalry releases in the Chasseurs a’ Cheval and the Polish Lancers so my expectation level was high.
I’m sorry to say that I am very disappointed that CS opted for the Scots Greys.
Don’t get me wrong the quality is again excellent (apart for the uniformity and unnatural colour of the horses again IMO) it’s just that it’s been done before by so many manufacturers.
Why not produce the Enniskillen Dragoons or the Life Guards or Royal Horse Guards they charged at Waterloo as well as the Scots Greys?
Anyone else of the same opinion?

They just had to be done I really had no choice. But I will tell you this: you hit the nail on the head in regards to a fabulous array of British cavalry yet to do. I just had to get the Scots done first though.

Cheers, and a hearty welcome!

Brian

Hi Brian,
Thanks for the positive response. I look forward to seeing your other British cavary offerings hopefully in the near future. In the meantime I'll grab some more French cavalry while I can still get my hands on them.
I would also like to say that CS soldiers are a refreshing change from other manufacturer's styles. They are more action packed, gritty and realistic IMO.
While I'm on the subject of future offerings. How about some British artillery. Foot artillery would make a change from RHA (everyone does RHA).
But having said that one of the major manufacturers has just got to produce a full RHA gun, limber, horses and riders at some stage. Why not CS.
I would buy it instantly.
Regards
Paul

Brian

GREAT JOB - Nice Scots Greys !

I still have to get on the stick and buy those Chasseur Cheval figures ! - Now, those you knocked it out of the park - WOW ! :D

If we are voting on British Calvary - Life Guards would be great !

Keep up the great work - you have fantastic products !

Ron

Brian

GREAT JOB - Nice Scots Greys !

I still have to get on the stick and buy those Chasseur Cheval figures ! - Now, those you knocked it out of the park - WOW ! :D

If we are voting on British Calvary - Life Guards would be great !

Keep up the great work - you have fantastic products !

Ron

The Chasers (excusez moi, Chasseurs) are really nice. I notice they have cartridge boxes but not the carbines. CS has really taken the realsim in their molds up a notch. Second the motion for Life Guards!

I really like the poses for the troopers. Very animated and dramatic as per 'Scotland Forever". However I have a problem with the horses besides the uniformity of the 'grey'.

All of the horses seem to have the same positioning of their ears. I was brought up with horses and I am sure that when they are galloping they do not invariably have their ears up straight and to the fore. Unfortunately for me it makes them look artificial.

I really like the poses for the troopers. Very animated and dramatic as per 'Scotland Forever". However I have a problem with the horses besides the uniformity of the 'grey'.

All of the horses seem to have the same positioning of their ears. I was brought up with horses and I am sure that when they are galloping they do not invariably have their ears up straight and to the fore. Unfortunately for me it makes them look artificial.

We've heard so much about the horses, from: they are the best horses I've ever seen to the grey is too dark and now to the ears being too much the same. Its dizzying at times for certain. But at the end of the day its really great to read the evocative comments as they really help future production and re-affirm the track we're on with current sculptural attributes, thanks for the feedback!

regards,

Brian

We've heard so much about the horses, from: they are the best horses I've ever seen to the grey is too dark and now to the ears being too much the same. Its dizzying at times for certain. But at the end of the day its really great to read the evocative comments as they really help future production and re-affirm the track we're on with current sculptural attributes, thanks for the feedback!

regards,

Brian
I certainly appreciate your efforts to improve Brian but I am afraid these are not the best horses ever or even your best horses. I think your Cuirassier horses are your best yet.

For these, the grey coats are not too dark but they are too uniform in the dapples. Grey horses have many, many variations in the dark and light fur placements and to have a unit with them all the same is frankly near impossible. As to the ears, horses direct them to what they want to hear or where they have their attention. In a charge, most would have them forward but not all since they may pin them in warning if a nearby horse is too close or manifests some aggression or if they are annoyed with what the rider is doing or if they are scared from a nearby explosion or something. They may also turn one back to listen to some input from the rider while keeping the other forward or turn one out to the side while keeping one forward. They sometimes have both to the side but not as likely in a charge and certainly they could have both up or one up and one forward. Their expressions should also be diverse since they are never exactly the same in a group.

I not only grew up with them, I own several now and ride and play with them almost daily. I love seeing them modeled correctly and it is all to rare but certainly attainable for those willing to do the research. There is quite a difference between an artist and an equine artist.;)

I certainly appreciate your efforts to improve Brian but I am afraid these are not the best horses ever or even your best horses. I think your Cuirassier horses are your best yet.

For these, the grey coats are not too dark but they are too uniform in the dapples. Grey horses have many, many variations in the dark and light fur placements and to have a unit with them all the same is frankly near impossible. As to the ears, horses direct them to what they want to hear or where they have their attention. In a charge, most would have them forward but not all since they may pin them in warning if a nearby horse is too close or manifests some aggression or if they are annoyed with what the rider is doing or if they are scared from a nearby explosion or something. They may also turn one back to listen to some input from the rider while keeping the other forward or turn one out to the side while keeping one forward. They sometimes have both to the side but not as likely in a charge and certainly they could have both up or one up and one forward. Their expressions should also be diverse since they are never exactly the same in a group.

I not only grew up with them, I own several now and ride and play with them almost daily. I love seeming them modeled correctly and it is all to rare but certainly attainable for those willing to do the research. There is quite a difference between an artist and an equine artist.;)

Good to hear from an authority on subject!!:):):)

Would all of this not cost more money?? I think that it would and all the manufacturers seem to go for the same or similar pose with some stances being from the excellent to the ridiculous IMO.

The proof will be in the sales
Mitch

Great poses as usual from TCS, but this wonderful set is missing something... the French infantry that they are slicing through! I'd like to see a complimentary release of figures running away, being shot, slashed, trampled and just trying to survive the charge. The only release I ever saw along this lines was Conte's version of Troiani's 'First at Manassass.

FoM-2.jpg

troiani-stuart-bull-run.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back