New Releases for April 2019 - American Civil War (3 Viewers)

Just received these figures JJD ACW 54MASS-05 and 54MASS-06 John's newest Civil War endeavor featuring the 54th Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry Regiment. These are very well done and finished. I am really impressed by these and now plan to collect all of the 54th Mass offerings.

:smile2: Mike

DSC_0003 (1280x860).jpg

DSC_0004 (1280x987).jpg

DSC_0005 (1280x869).jpg

These look amazing. Very few manufacturers make African Americans faces that don’t look cartoonish. These just look very well done.

I received mine today and they look as good as they did in the first photos.

A couple of more pics of 54MASS-05 x2 and 54MASS-06 x2. Backdrop and display board by Hudson & Allen (Ken and Erica Osen).

DSC_0003 (1280x585).jpg

DSC_0004 (1280x514).jpg

Thank you for the pictures, Mike! I was hoping someone would post some when they received the new 54th figures. They look very nice and I look forward to collecting this range. These will be my very first John Jenkins figures. :)

Thank you for the pictures, Mike! I was hoping someone would post some when they received the new 54th figures. They look very nice and I look forward to collecting this range. These will be my very first John Jenkins figures. :)

You are very welcome Cameron. Welcome to the world of JJD . . .

Wow, Mike … what a perfect paring of John's Figures and Ken Osen's superb work.
That scene could be right out of the movie … "Glory."

--- LaRRy

Thank you LaRRy . . . Combining the creative genius of Jenkins and Osen makes it easy to set up a nice dio . . .

I just got mine - simply awesome figures!
Details look great! i hate african american figures that are white guys painted brown. These would be identifiable as african american even without paint! Kudos to John!

54th%20Regiment%20Masschusetts%20Volunteer%20Infantry%20-%20John%20Jenkins%20-%2054MA%2005%20and%2006-X2.jpg

Thank you for the high definition photo, Zach! Those 54th boys look great!!

FYI for 54th collectors

Thunder at the Gates: The Black Civil War Regiments That Redeemed America
by Douglas R Egerton | Oct 31, 2016

On sale at Amazon for $21.74 normally $35.OO
An intimate, authoritative history of the first black soldiers to fight in the Union Army during the Civil War.
Soon after Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation on January 1, 1863, abolitionists began to call for the creation of black regiments. At first, the South and most of the North responded with outrage-southerners promised to execute any black soldiers captured in battle, while many northerners claimed that blacks lacked the necessary courage. Meanwhile, Massachusetts, long the center of abolitionist fervor, launched one of the greatest experiments in American history.
In Thunder at the Gates, Douglas Egerton chronicles the formation and battlefield triumphs of the 54th and 55th Massachusetts Infantry and the 5th Massachusetts Cavalry-regiments led by whites but composed of black men born free or into slavery. He argues that the most important battles of all were won on the field of public opinion, for in fighting with distinction the regiments realized the long-derided idea of full and equal citizenship for blacks.

Attachments

• ThunderAtTheGatescover.jpg
    ThunderAtTheGatescover.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 319
I have not bought toy soldiers really in 1 1/2 years. Too much else going on. I have a great interest in the war and in the 54th. Just ordered my first set, and I expect to buy all that John releases. Great looking sets. I have long wanted to put together either a set of USCT either marching on in battle, or perhaps both. Along with that, Glory is one of my favorite movies of all time, and I have a ticket to see it when it returns for a special showing this summer.

FYI for 54th collectors

Thunder at the Gates: The Black Civil War Regiments That Redeemed America
by Douglas R Egerton | Oct 31, 2016

On sale at Amazon for $21.74 normally $35.OO
An intimate, authoritative history of the first black soldiers to fight in the Union Army during the Civil War.
Soon after Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation on January 1, 1863, abolitionists began to call for the creation of black regiments. At first, the South and most of the North responded with outrage-southerners promised to execute any black soldiers captured in battle, while many northerners claimed that blacks lacked the necessary courage. Meanwhile, Massachusetts, long the center of abolitionist fervor, launched one of the greatest experiments in American history.
In Thunder at the Gates, Douglas Egerton chronicles the formation and battlefield triumphs of the 54th and 55th Massachusetts Infantry and the 5th Massachusetts Cavalry-regiments led by whites but composed of black men born free or into slavery. He argues that the most important battles of all were won on the field of public opinion, for in fighting with distinction the regiments realized the long-derided idea of full and equal citizenship for blacks.

Just bought a copy. Thanks for the post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back