New Warbirds (1 Viewer)

Me too, Michael. I passed on the new P51D, because I have the original K&C P51D in the exact same markings, but man would I kill for K&C to make a Jug (P47)!

I hear you there, the P-47 has always been my favorite American WWII fighter. I have several autographed photo's of "Gabby" Gabreski as well as the Nicholas Trudgian litho "Advance into Europe" signed by Aces: Gabreski, Zemke, Strait and Conger.

I watched three episodes of "Dogfights" today on the History Channel, including one involving an airbattle over an airfield in Belgium designated Y29, where a squadron of P47 Thunderbolts and a squadron of P51D Mustangs shot down 24 ME109's and FW190's with no losses.

Louis

I have seen that episode as well. Really cool on how big that Dogfight was in the closing days of WWII :cool:

Great Show and interesting hearing the stories.

Ron

Isn't it wierd how a great show like "Dogfights" is only on maybe one day a week, but everytime I turn on the history channel there is a repeat episode of a stupid show about ufo's or bigfoot?

Yes - I agree Louis

Makes you wonder who in the heck is in charge of programing for that Channel ? :confused:

Isn't it wierd how a great show like "Dogfights" is only on maybe one day a week, but everytime I turn on the history channel there is a repeat episode of a stupid show about ufo's or bigfoot?

I am willing to bet that most of the esteemed members of this forum would share this sentiment. If it is not UFO's or bigfoot, it's how Twinkies are made or "what if" disaster shows? :(

MD

I am willing to bet that most of the esteemed members of this forum would share this sentiment. If it is not UFO's or bigfoot, it's how Twinkies are made or "what if" disaster shows? :(

MD

MD

Yea - Like how is any of that HISTORY ? Or least history worth knowing ?? :D

Ron

MD

It seems to me that UFO's & Bigfoot belong on the Science Fiction Channel (until there is some definitive proof that they exist); how twinkees are made belongs on the Home & Garden Network, and "what if" disaster shows belong on the Discovery Channel. How about somebody explaining to the folks who run the history channel that history is something that already happened!:rolleyes:

I watched three episodes of "Dogfights" today on the History Channel, including one involving an airbattle over an airfield in Belgium designated Y29, where a squadron of P47 Thunderbolts and a squadron of P51D Mustangs shot down 24 ME109's and FW190's with no losses.
I love that show; thanks for mentioning the Y29 episode, I haven't seen that one yet.

It seems to me that UFO's & Bigfoot belong on the Science Fiction Channel (until their is some definitive proof that they exist); how twinkees are made belongs on the Home & Garden Network, and "what if" disaster shows belong on the Discovery Channel. How about somebody explaining to the folks who run the history channel that history is something that already happened!:rolleyes:
Good points all but if you can find anyone who can explain anything to a programming executive of any network you should win a Nobel prize. :rolleyes::(

It seems to me that UFO's & Bigfoot belong on the Science Fiction Channel (until there is some definitive proof that they exist); how twinkees are made belongs on the Home & Garden Network, and "what if" disaster shows belong on the Discovery Channel. How about somebody explaining to the folks who run the history channel that history is something that already happened!:rolleyes:

All we need now is a volunteer. :cool:

MD

Hey look....I finally bought a plane! :cool:

Couldnt wait for K&C to do an Air Force One! Plus it didnt cost $1200.00 Just $39.99....finally scored a good deal on e-bay!

Attachments

• DSC00470.JPG
    DSC00470.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 178
Hi Guys,

Thought you might like to see some of the latest Warbirds… which are on their way to a few lucky collectors right now!

Attachments

• AIR037_1.jpg
    AIR037_1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 148
  • AIR037_2.jpg
    AIR037_2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 146
a few more views...

Attachments

• AIR037_3.jpg
    AIR037_3.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 148
  • AIR038_1.jpg
    AIR038_1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 147
Happy Collecting!

Attachments

• AIR038_2.jpg
    AIR038_2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 150
  • AIR038_3.jpg
    AIR038_3.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 147
At some point Andy is going to have to release a new Range of American, British and German aviators - with all these planes - we need some pilots !!! :D

At some point Andy is going to have to release a new Range of American, British and German aviators - with all these planes - we need some pilots !!! :D

I would be pretty shocked if we didn't see some air and ground crew in the near future. The market is clearly there.

Someone on this or another thread suggested Andy make an ME263 Comet, a plane that could be produced, like the Ramjager, affordably in polystone. Andy could make this plane, with pilots, ground crew, fuel trucks, etc. (several sets, obviously). Then he could gage the interest in affordable warbird related items, and know how popular the range could be. Despite all the bruhaha, K&C sold more than 1,200 of the Ramjager. A similar set involving the Comet might sell even better.

Another idea I heard bandied about was a downed German plane, with RAF pilots and/or local farmers/militia looking at the remains or capturing the pilot.

I think as long as there is a way to get the sets to appeal to those collectors who are not interested in the expensive Warbirds via more affordable planes, K&C could profitably launch this range.

Myself & General Rob presented Andy with a photo of a downed ME109 from the IWM collection Duxford at the December Toy Soldier Show. The Plane was downed in the Battle of Britain and appeared in may news papers of the day with a soldier in a FoB style uniform, gas mask on chest bayonet fixed. IWM have reproduced this down to the wheat stubble field.

The plane spent most of the war as a display in the states. Used as a war bond drive you could pay a dollar and scribe your name on the metal skin. One side of the fusalage is still bare metal and you can read the names.
K&C could easily produce similar dio's in polystone.

My prediction comes through the same day! This is a first for me! I swear I had no inside information about a Komet, but did you see Pretorian's post on the Figarti section of the forum: "Don't worry guys, Die Komet ist coming!":cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back