New Wittman K&C Tiger turret to base fit problem (2 Viewers)

Neil, as I have mentioned before, there is the option of refund/credit. I've also explained that someone would only carry out repairs themselves if they wanted to keep the model as dealers aren't obliged to pay for repairs. .
In the Uk and on eBay if something come damaged the seller would have no choice but to replace the item

Here is the photos of my Tiger Turret. There is quite a gap on the left side and the turret wobbles.

The barrel is floppy and will aways fall to the lower stop. I have cut a thin piece of card to sit between the stop and barrel mantlet, so the barrel mantlet hits the stop with the gun level.

Neil, as I have mentioned before, there is the option of refund/credit. I've also explained that someone would only carry out repairs themselves if they wanted to keep the model as dealers aren't obliged to pay for repairs. Desertkiwi has also mentioned issues with remote buyers etc. What pmo was some posters suggesting stupidity for doing self repairs. If collectors want to repair/modify/repaint their models for whatever reason, it's really their choice to do so, similar to some forum members getting bent out of shape over what people collect. As they say, collect what you like, and maybe we should add, do whatever you like to what you collect.

Matt,

I have had several items from 3 different companies arrive needing some first aid. If it was fixable
then I would make the correction / repair myself. Of course not everyone would see things that way !

Wayne

I wonder if this will corrected in the next batch? I had one on order but cancelled when this first came up. I really like the tank but the engineering is a concern.

Joe

What i find very strange ,is that after 5 pages on this thread we dont hear anything from
Andy about this situation.

Even me im waiting to order this Tank after the situation has been clarified.

Serge :):)

David,

I am sorry to hear that you received a poor Tiger I tank model from King & Country. I would send it back for either a replacement or a full refund.

Viking

Here is the photos of my Tiger Turret. There is quite a gap on the left side and the turret wobbles.

The barrel is floppy and will aways fall to the lower stop. I have cut a thin piece of card to sit between the stop and barrel mantlet, so the barrel mantlet hits the stop with the gun level.

The Tigers did need a lot of maintenance in the field ...

I would return it. It is just too expensive and will impact the emotional value to the collector forever - because he knows of the defect.

The Tigers did need a lot of maintenance in the field ...

I would return it. It is just too expensive and will impact the emotional value to the collector forever - because he knows of the defect.

Would have to ship it back to Belgium from the UK. Not sure I would get one back in any better condition.

Do we know the extent of the defect ? Are they all like it ^&confuse

Got mine recently and it is fine. Tried putting a piece of cardboard inside the turret hole to see what would happen and the turret simply leaned forward. So as is was best.

Hello
I have had a rply from Andy at K&C.

The recomended fix is to use a bit of blue tack in the base of the turret and another bit to stop the gun barrel droop.
However Andy has said to send it back to Hong Kong if I want a free replacement, with postage charges paid.

The blue tack fix will proably work, but if I decide to sell the tiger in a few years, then i think I will losse out, as there are some with good fitting turrets.

I will therefore probably be sending it back for replacement. The cost to HK from UK looks to be about £25, but I am not sure what the return postage cost or customs charge will be. Once I have assurance that I will get a good Tiger back and all costs will be paid, and unless there is another alternative, I will send it back.

Hard work this collecting {sm2} starting to loose it shine a bit. Tempted to sell the collection and buy a nice watch.:(

Hello

The recomended fix is to use a bit of blue tack in the base of the turret and another bit to stop the gun barrel droop.
However Andy has said to send it back to Hong Kong if I want a free replacement, with postage charges paid.

The blue tack fix will proably work, but if I decide to sell the tiger in a few years, then i think I will losse out, as there are some with good fitting turrets.

I will therefore probably be sending it back for replacement. The cost to HK from UK looks to be about £25, but I am not sure what the return postage cost or customs charge will be. Once I have assurance that I will get a good Tiger back and all costs will be paid, and unless there is another alternative, I will send it back.

Hard work this collecting {sm2} starting to loose it shine a bit. Tempted to sell the collection and buy a nice watch.:(
David I’ve returned a Me 262 to Andy and he was good as gold with free postage

K & C has excellent customer service. Normally, one says don’t let one bad experience ruin your enjoyment but everything is working out for you here.

David I’ve returned a Me 262 to Andy and he was good as gold with free postage

Sounds good, do you know what the total postage came to ? I am thinking that with Customs on return to UK, probably £50 to £70
Looks like £25-30 to send to HK from UK with royal mail.

I have suggested that a new turret could be sent to me, but I am not sure if the problem is with the turret or the hull with regard to the wobble. The droopy gun is obviously turret related.

Hopefully Andy will reply by the weekend, and I can ship it back on Saturday if we decide that is the best option.

Hello

David,

K&C have made many numerous different Tiger tanks over the years. This seems to be the first one having any issue.
Send it back and get your replacement. 5 Years ago I used to buy 1/30 scale WWII vehicles from several other companies
other than K&C. Had several broken vehicles with parts broken off and rattling around in the box. Quite disapointing to say
the least. Keep your collection and keep your chin up. Things do occasionally happen !

Wayne

David,

K&C have made many numerous different Tiger tanks over the years. This seems to be the first one having any issue.
Send it back and get your replacement. 5 Years ago I used to buy 1/30 scale WWII vehicles from several other companies
other than K&C. Had several broken vehicles with parts broken off and rattling around in the box. Quite disapointing to say
the least. Keep your collection and keep your chin up. Things do occasionally happen !

Wayne

Trying to find a decent shipper now. The big names all seem to want a fortune to send to HK for UK....some over £100 after insurance {sm2}.
Problem is the tank is very slightly over 2KG, so takes Royal Mail out.
Does any one have any experience with "Landmark Global" ...they seem cheaper, but are they any good ?

Filling out the form on the internet.....put in Hong Kong and they want to Know if is Western Hk island , Eastern HK island , Sothern HK island, Wan Chai HK Island or Western & Central HK Island........ any idears {sm2}.....I hate posting things :redface2:

Hello

We are living in an extremely capitalistic, unrealistic society and if we don't wake up and keep our mind clear, we consider everything on the financial point of view..This is psychologically very dangerous. In this way, we get far from reality, and we enter a fantastic world made of nightmares because every material thing, incuded money, included ourselves deteriorates, ages and can vanish at any moment. You have the evidence of this by your being tempted to sell the collection! I read this same sentence on the First Legion forum for a similar fact. Just enjoy your hobby without economic considerations and you will be happy! I love this hobby, but if someone enters my flat and starts breaking my soldiers, I wouldn't be touched so much. So let's try to be wise. Wisdom is happiness but dreams, judgments, points of view are only mental pollution which creates unhappiness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back