Next phase of hougoumont (1 Viewer)

Robin

When I saw an update on this thread, I got excited thinking that you received the final pieces. I'm amazed at the quality of these buildings and am looking forward to the completion and full assault diorama. All the best.

Joe

I think you'll need a whole new Nissen hut for your Napoleonic's alone Robin and probably one just for your Waterloo diorama when it's complete !
Have you thought about launching your own group funding project !{sm4}{sm4}{sm4}

Looks Great Robin, it's exciting to see this display evolve !

Steve

While waiting for the North Gate to be produced, i have completed my version of the garden along the East wall. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN0523.jpg
    DSCN0523.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 552
  • DSCN0524.jpg
    DSCN0524.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 557
  • DSCN0525.jpg
    DSCN0525.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 548
Thanks Steve, good suggestion, but i think i am over gardening for the time being. Fairly happy given the limited space i have to work with on how the garden has turned out. Plan at this time to be satisfied with this aspect of Hougoumont. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN0526.jpg
    DSCN0526.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 559
The British prepare to defend the garden adjacent the East wall of the chateau. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN0559.jpg
    DSCN0559.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 609
Very nice as usual Robin. I'm curious if JG has advised when the North Gate will finally arrive. I will never own these buildings; instead will content myself with the WB North Gate/Walls I have that will attach to a Formtech South Gate that I'm arranging. But I do salute your good fortune and am probably as excited as you to see the completion of JGs Hougoumont buildings.:salute::

Joe

Very nice as usual Robin. I'm curious if JG has advised when the North Gate will finally arrive. I will never own these buildings; instead will content myself with the WB North Gate/Walls I have that will attach to a Formtech South Gate that I'm arranging. But I do salute your good fortune and am probably as excited as you to see the completion of JGs Hougoumont buildings.:salute::

Joe

Thank you Joe, I realise I am very lucky to have this, probably the only one in Australia. Looking back it was easier buying it in stages as John has made 3 releases, front and 2 sides stretching back over six years, so it did not seem so daunting in cost, although the quality of workmanship certainly made them in my eye, very reasonable anyway. John has announced he plans to do the last few pieces to complete the farm, of course that involves the all important North gate. My impatience has seen me on many occasions ready to pull the trigger on the WB gate, but each time common sense has prevailed as it would have to be discarded when John's appears. The previous 2 releases he has timed them to coincide with the London toy show, so I am ever hopeful each March, June and December the show dates. I have asked him several times about the final pieces, but as he is a one man business, he has responded by saying he will do it when he can. Here's hoping this year. Robin.

Robin, I didn't realize that he's a one person operation, so I guess patience is the order of the day.

Joe

Amazing buildings. it's absolutely stunning.
I will certainly acquire several components of the southern gate this year.

Amazing buildings. it's absolutely stunning.
I will certainly acquire several components of the southern gate this year.

You will be very pleased when they arrive. John has confirmed he is currently working on the North gate, so it's just a matter of time now, before the whole complex will exist for lucky collectors. Robin.

You will be very pleased when they arrive. John has confirmed he is currently working on the North gate, so it's just a matter of time now, before the whole complex will exist for lucky collectors. Robin.
Thank you very much Robin for the information and of course for your photos. it would be impossible to make an impression about this complex without it. I also will publish my photos as soon as I get at least part of the Southern gate complex.

Thank you very much Robin for the information and of course for your photos. it would be impossible to make an impression about this complex without it. I also will publish my photos as soon as I get at least part of the Southern gate complex.

Always appreciate other collectors photos for motivation. Look forward to seeing what you have in mind. Robin.

I have decided that when he released the final pieces of the farm, I will buy the whole thing. It’s certainly expensive, but I am most concerned about the space!

Do all three buildings from the South Gate have a removable roof to put a soldiers inside?
really intresting to see the photo how it looks.

The centre piece, Gardeners residence ( South side), the roof comes off and has a ledge around the inside windows to stand figures. The two cow sheds either side have a fixed roof, but have open doorways. Hope this helps, really nice buildings which could be also be used in other era's as stand alone pieces. Hoping for the final pieces soon, along the North and North East wall to complete this wonderful structure. Robin.

The centre piece, Gardeners residence ( South side), the roof comes off and has a ledge around the inside windows to stand figures. The two cow sheds either side have a fixed roof, but have open doorways. Hope this helps, really nice buildings which could be also be used in other era's as stand alone pieces. Hoping for the final pieces soon, along the North and North East wall to complete this wonderful structure. Robin.
Many thanks for this infromation, Robin.

Robin

I have only just seen this thread, thanks for the great shots and for posting. I have some of these buildings and think they are superb - I love the flexibility they give you. I don't have any Napoleonic figures so can't comment there, but they are great for what I do. Looking at your posts I may well get more.

The vast majority of my diorama materials, from bases through bushes to buildings are by JGM and I can't speak highly enough.

csrIMGP2983.jpg

gnuIMGP0325.jpg

csrIMG_3976.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back